Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Yeah of course, that's true. The question is will the expression/look be there, or will it just all be cutter out and made dull like most of the games, sporting standard dialogues?
Too early to tell just now but since he has said that he will not lower the quality of the game so I guess dialog will just be shortened.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
"400 renders are just too much for it all together".
Oh wow he finally woke up for the fact that almost all scenes could be done with less renders.

Regarding the per-event-update, if he goes through with it, kudos to him, finally saw the light.

The render quality was never in question, it's the quantity.
L&P can just do an "Extra" version each december of each year, where he adds renders to every previous scenes and thats it.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I'm not sure a per-event update would be such an great idea financially, since what would prevent the say Dylan fans that have been complaining about the lack of events for him lowering their patronage until Dylan's big events? Or any other character for that matter?

Reactions: Old Dog and wynlard

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I'm not sure a per-event update would be such an great idea financially, since what would prevent the say Dylan fans that have been complaining about the lack of events for him lowering their patronage until Dylan's big events? Or any other character for that matter?
On the other hand people like me would go back to being a patron because they would actually see work done every month.

For instance right now the next update is heavily lesbian, what is preventing patrons who arent looking from that from turning off their memberships until the next update comes out?

Or what is preventing patrons from turning off their memberships except for 2 months of the year when the updates get out?

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I dont like that line cutting down dialogues and stuff.
I seriously hope he does NOT take this route...
An expression/look can say a thousand words, also I am holding off my judgement till I know more his plans.
Cutting down dialogs and renders will be good depending on how he will do it.

For example, in the last update he wrote a lot of dialogs explaining biology and reproduction:
awam1.jpg

Anybody finds that useful, exciting or fun? I guess that he even spent some time researching to write those long sentences correctly. Instead of that, he could just write: "After a biology class, Sophia found out that the kids don't know nothing about reproduction and sex between mammals."

Ironically, in some scenes he did the opposite, he didn't write important dialogs. For example, when Dylan is trying to convice Sophia in the car that she lifts her skirt. We were immersed, expecting something clever from Dylan to convince her for that, what trick he will use? But the dev just wrote: "somehow" and he did an ellipsis.
awam3.jpg

Respecting of cutting renders, certainly there are lot of unnecessary ones. For example, the scene at the dentist:

awam4.jpg

He spent time creating a setting, putting chairs, desks, etc. And he even created extras, not even side characters, for what? There were no filthy points, isn't a branch. Do you even remember that scene? At least in the beauty parlour we see a change in Sophia's hairstyle and she interacts with side characters, but why he showed us the dentist date? Totally unnecessary if nothing will happen there in the future. As I mentioned before, the dev also does a lot of unnecessary renders for entering a place, getting out of there or walking from a place to another.

It all depends on how and what the dev cuts, or better said: don't waste time making it.

*With all the respect, I write these comments only for constructive purposes. If you read this Lust&Passion, I'm a fan.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Been a long while I checked that game.
Maybe over a year. Is there more content or is still light?

Also, is the daughter involve in anything or is she a bystander? (As the mother does your actions corrupts your daughter for example).
Yes. If you've noticed people's sigs or profile pics, some of them have Ellie full on frenching Sophia.
On the other hand people like me would go back to being a patron because they would actually see work done every month.

For instance right now the next update is heavily lesbian, what is preventing patrons who arent looking from that from turning off their memberships until the next update comes out?

Or what is preventing patrons from turning off their memberships except for 2 months of the year when the updates get out?
But L&P is doing work each month. He seems to be getting even more mindful of keeping patrons informed, even when Development Progress has stagnated.

My only point is that it is going to be easier to pick and choose which months to support if there are updates for individual characters. I don't have a crystal ball to say it will happen, it's just a concern. Possibly completely unwarranted.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020

For example, in the last update he wrote a lot of dialogs explaining biology and reproduction:
View attachment 712580

Anybody finds that useful, exciting or fun? I guess that he even spent some time researching to write those long sentences correctly. Instead of that, he could just write: "After a biology class, Sophia found out that the kids don't know nothing about reproduction and sex between mammals."

Ironically, in some scenes he did the opposite, he didn't write important dialogs. For example, when Dylan is trying to convice Sophia in the car that she lifts her skirt. We were immersed, expecting something clever from Dylan to convince her for that, what trick he will use? But the dev just wrote: "somehow" and he did an ellipsis.
View attachment 712609

Respecting of cutting renders, certainly there are lot of unnecessary ones. For example, the scene at the dentist:

View attachment 712625

He spent time creating a setting, putting chairs, desks, etc. And he even created extras, not even side characters, for what? There were no filthy points, isn't a branch. Do you even remember that scene? At least in the beauty parlour we see a change in Sophia's hairstyle and she interacts with side characters, but why he showed us the dentist date? Totally unnecessary if nothing will happen there in the future. As I mentioned before, the dev also does a lot of unnecessary renders for entering a place, getting out of there or walking from a place to another.

It all depends on how and what the dev cuts, or better said: don't waste time making it.

*With all the respect, I write these comments only for constructive purposes. If you read this Lust&Passion, I'm a fan.

I totally agree with you!
L&P often overlooks important details and reduces intriguing dialogue. Instead, it fills the game with additional content.
It reduces intrigue and plunges into small, unimportant details ((
I believe that you need to do the opposite and develop intriguing dialogues. But L & P very quickly departs from them.
Sadness.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I totally agree with you!
L&P often overlooks important details and reduces intriguing dialogue. Instead, it fills the game with additional content.
It reduces intrigue and plunges into small, unimportant details ((
I believe that you need to do the opposite and develop intriguing dialogues. But L & P very quickly departs from them.
Sadness.
And what you're overlooking is that what is important or not is only known to L&P. Yes, Dylan misses opportunities to engage with Sophia - but that's the Dylan route, and why I find it so frustrating. You can't add dialogue to a character that is shy around women so doesn't speak much.

We hardly know anything about the 2nd side job, apart from L&P thinking it's "freaking hot", so it isn't valid to say whether it is important or not. Whether it is boring or not is a different matter though. That the 2nd side job is looking at being completely boring is something I would agree with. Others can and will obviously disagree, but that's the fun in being given a choice

Reactions: roro

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Though I haven't played AWAM in year(s), I can still tell the game is being bogged down by minutia. Even L&P have stated as such at times. It's fine here and there occasionally when one is "trying something out", but not to the point of stagnation or all the time.

I've followed the game's thread on and off, and I still feel like I haven't missed much of anything since I last played. I don't want to disparage L&P on what is clearly a passion project, but the game really needs significant, forward progress with its plot.
I’m trying to fuse art and eroticism, combined with a slowly developing story full of lust and passion, to create an aesthetic, realistic adult game.
That's a direct quote and one heck of a pitch! It's straight-forward, earnest, and has clearly defined goals. I'm all for it! It's what brought a lot of fans to the game. From this and other details (i.e., "showing too much [too early] ruins the suspense") I get that it's going to be a slow burn game with wonderful CG pieces to illustrate its well-crafted story. Fantastic! Let's do it!

But, and with all due respect, there's a world of difference between "slow burn" and "no burn". And, what ever happened to the "lust and passion" part that's emphasized by the author in the statement above? I mean, yeah, we get a lot of build up, a lot of tease, a lot of insight to the characters, subtle hints at possible consequences, but little in the way of actual payoff, imho. It's just too much for too little. One of the funding goals of the project was to hire someone that would assist with the project. It appears that has been left by the wayside, unfortunately. I don't know about you guys, but if L&P ever decides to look for someone, then I hope it isn't someone whose sole purpose is being a coder, or a writer, or even an artist. I'd like to see someone that is primarily an Editor.

An editor can help refine the story, cut away excess fat, point out things that's unnecessary, and help drive and push that plot forward. Someone that can organize, look at that "big picture", and help adjust the flow and pace of the story. Authors can sometimes get too close to their "baby". Sometimes they are unable or unwilling to see things in a different perspective that can point a light on decremental portions of a project. For instance, if you wanted to read a book that is about a knight that slays a dragon, but the author extensively wrote thirty-seven pages about a houseplant in great detail in the knight's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate's home that absolutely has nothing to do with anything about anything with the dragonslayer story, then that would be something that must be culled from the book despite any objections by said author.

Realistically, I don't see this happening, of course -- hiring an editor, I mean. In fact, I don't see L&P bringing anyone on at the moment. I certainly do not mean to come off as overly critical or harsh in any way. *Sighs* It's just that I want to see things moving forward, with purpose, towards that finish line in the distance. However, I feel like this game is drowning its audience under the weight of, well, just too much unnecessary stuff really. Sometimes less *is* more.

Not everyone will share this view about reducing waste and being more efficient, of course, and that's okay! You can disagree and say more (without any reduction of renders or dialogues) is better because it's more "aesthetic and realistic". Those on this side of the fence will still respect you. Just putting out some thoughts, that's all. We can all agree that we all want to see this project succeed though, yes no? Be safe, folks! Stay excellent to one another.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
so he is going for mini-updates?fine for me.
I really hope he doesn't. What he needs to do is get this down to 1 day per update and reducing renders/dialogue would go a long way towards achieving this as would reducing the number of events per day. Instead of half-days being almost 1000 renders, the whole day should be 1000 renders.

Mini-updates, whether they be for each event or for different times of the day (morning, afternoon, evening) are a bad idea because people would get even more annoyed if, after waiting 2 months, they get one or 2 events and the update only takes about 20-30 minutes. A full day of 1000 or so renders lasting one whole hour would be far more preferable and I believe that they can and should do this.

An expression/look can say a thousand words, also I am holding off my judgement till I know more about his plans.
And you can also say more in 4 words than you can in 10, so cutting out non-essential dialogue and making things more focused will hopefully help things.

View attachment 712580

View attachment 712609

View attachment 712625

See, this is what a lot of this is about. Getting a biology lesson in an adult VN or seeing a single shot of her in a dentist's chair is totally unnecessary. I get that L&P has said they want to do something that's more "artistic", but they can do that with their renders and by the story their telling, it doesn't mean showing superfluous scenes and writing paragraphs of unnecessary dialogue. If L&P tried to pitch what's in the game currently as a script for film or TV, at least half of it would get tossed out for being pointless filler.

Though I haven't played AWAM in year(s), I can still tell the game is being bogged down by minutia. Even L&P have stated as such at times. It's fine here and there occasionally when one is "trying something out", but not to the point of stagnation or all the time.

I've followed the game's thread on and off, and I still feel like I haven't missed much of anything since I last played. I don't want to disparage L&P on what is clearly a passion project, but the game really needs significant, forward progress with its plot.

That's a direct quote and one heck of a pitch! It's straight-forward, earnest, and has clearly defined goals. I'm all for it! It's what brought a lot of fans to the game. From this and other details (i.e., "showing too much [too early] ruins the suspense") I get that it's going to be a slow burn game with wonderful CG pieces to illustrate its well-crafted story. Fantastic! Let's do it!

But, and with all due respect, there's a world of difference between "slow burn" and "no burn". And, what ever happened to the "lust and passion" part that's emphasized by the author in the statement above? I mean, yeah, we get a lot of build up, a lot of tease, a lot of insight to the characters, subtle hints at possible consequences, but little in the way of actual payoff, imho. It's just too much for too little. One of the funding goals of the project was to hire someone that would assist with the project. It appears that has been left by the wayside, unfortunately. I don't know about you guys, but if L&P ever decides to look for someone, then I hope it isn't someone whose sole purpose is being a coder, or a writer, or even an artist. I'd like to see someone that is primarily an Editor.

An editor can help refine the story, cut away excess fat, point out things that's unnecessary, and help drive and push that plot forward. Someone that can organize, look at that "big picture", and help adjust the flow and pace of the story. Authors can sometimes get too close to their "baby". Sometimes they are unable or unwilling to see things in a different perspective that can point a light on decremental portions of a project. For instance, if you wanted to read a book that is about a knight that slays a dragon, but the author extensively wrote thirty-seven pages about a houseplant in great detail in the knight's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate's home that absolutely has nothing to do with anything about anything with the dragonslayer story, then that would be something that must be culled from the book despite any objections by said author.

Realistically, I don't see this happening, of course -- hiring an editor, I mean. In fact, I don't see L&P bringing anyone on at the moment. I certainly do not mean to come off as overly critical or harsh in any way. *Sighs* It's just that I want to see things moving forward, with purpose, towards that finish line in the distance. However, I feel like this game is drowning its audience under the weight of, well, just too much unnecessary stuff really. Sometimes less *is* more.

Not everyone will share this view about reducing waste and being more efficient, of course, and that's okay! You can disagree and say more (without any reduction of renders or dialogues) is better because it's more "aesthetic and realistic". Those on this side of the fence will still respect you. Just putting out some thoughts, that's all. We can all agree that we all want to see this project succeed though, yes no? Be safe, folks! Stay excellent to one another.
Yes, an editor would be just what's needed because as ashitanojoe pointed out, there's a lot of unnecessary scenes and dialogue in this game and an editor could really help to identify what does and doesn't need to be included. Hell, I'd volunteer to do it pro-bono if it would help things along by reducing some of the fat.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes