baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
he is done when he is done, to make a game is not that you can plan ahead of time, its hard to know what problems arise, if the renders gets bad, fixed, bugs, im also sure he want to "finish" what he had in mind before the release, otherwise he will feel bad about it. the importance is that he is working nothing else.

Yamakasi20

May 17, 2017
"it is done when it is done" is an abused motto.
I swear... Every Patreon can triple it's income by solely having a set date and respecting it.
It is SUCH AN IMPORTANT FACTOR when it comes to loyalising your fan base.
The more set in stone, the better.

For example, who else associates the number/day 23 with one of the biggest hits in this adult gaming nieche?
If you know which one I mean, point proven.

And if you know, which other game was able to brand a date in the month like that HIT Game did?

P.S. I'm not talking about quality here, if it needs just a lil bit more work, take Arnold's advice... "Sleep faster!"

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
you are wrong. the reason is that the devs (not only this one) tends to abandon their projects for many reasons of course, but i would say (as im a dev myself) that if im "too" stressed i start to hate what im doing and thats not what we want a dev to feel, because in the end we will suffer as no game gets released.
to make a game take a lot of time, and sometimes a small thing can get you stuck. sure if you have a good team, you can get that precious momentum and do well, release on time etc, but its not that every dev is there or are able to or have enough discipline. just look around of all projects that are ongoing, onhold, abandoned and ask yourself how to avoid all that. im sure to "demand" a dev to release on time is not the best way.

Yamakasi20

May 17, 2017
the answer to avoid all that is simple... you named it, discipline.
however, you are right from the artistic point of view, presure can kill the state of flow.

but from a business point of view, which is the reason behind 90% of these games... it's wrong... set dates = huge more income

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
I cant believe germany's tax is so high.I wish he is living on Quatar.No tax.
In Europe we pay higher taxes. But we have great healthcare and we don't have to pay extra for infrastructure, pension etc. It's a trade off most gladly pay after they've been outside of Europe for a while. ;)

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018
THis game was major blueballitis.(not a real word) But you know what I mean, you want us to sub then give us something worth subbing for.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
I swear... Every Patreon can triple it's income by solely having a set date and respecting it.
It is SUCH AN IMPORTANT FACTOR when it comes to loyalising your fan base.
The more set in stone, the better.

... brand a date in the month ...
this dude came out of the box with one of the highest quality and longest demos i have ever seen. probably damn near a year's worth of work? 9 months? there's been lots of talk about this before. there's 194 pages of comments. shit games do NOT get 194 pages of comments. in all fairness, he could've chopped it up and held some parts back for later release and no one would've known any different. then dev went and changed its engine from rpgm to renpy in what? 3 weeks? and THEN rolled out his updates.

i think this game can completely get to $4000 on patreon by Feb 2019. easily. probably $8000, possibly over $10000. if its what he wants badly enough. this right here, in this quote. i even shrunk it down to the most important part. it just has to happen. its not the only factor, but it is a HUGE factor. simply put, THIS is something the BIG guys do. going to be real hard to meet hard deadlines without a team, but who says every update has to be exactly one playable game day. how about update goes til wherever you got to 4 days before release, >>>then to there's my couple days to tie things up and proofread, >>>then to now i'm bug testing and fixing, >>>then to release day baby woot, putting up mah post with the links!

any dev that wants, look i just made a workflow. not very good, but its free. take it for what it is. maybe helping, maybe trolling. you decide. going to be hard as hell solo, but i think its possible. i do hope it doesn't get abandoned. i really like the game and would love to see it completed one day. but what do i know, i'm not a dev. i am just a guy who makes a living by meeting deadlines.

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
this dude came out of the box with one of the highest quality and longest demos i have ever seen. probably damn near a year's worth of work? 9 months?
That's a bad argument considering the sexual content of the demo.
It is mostly hard nipples, sitting on Moms lap and camel toe.
inb4 "but it's a different kind of game"

Don't use so weird excuses.

Luzifer22

Oct 16, 2017
Well, I'm curious what to put in there at "novelties" ... making out with Sam or Carl would be really cool. ... and thanks for the info regarding the "date"

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes