Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
good
day divided into 3 parts means 3x3 = 9 months and then he was curious as to why he doesn't find help
That's assuming each part would take so little time to make. If they end up being 4 months then it's one whole year for a full day and we still have 19 more days to go. :eek:

It will really all depend on how deep L&P wants to go with the events from now on. If they do what they did in this update, then we could be in for long waits between updates that have now divided the day up into even smaller chunks. But, if they can do each part like they did with the first half of Day 11, then they could get the updates out faster.

In terms of the events, let's look at what we have for the next update.

The Ellie event has the potential to be huge, especially as there will likely be a variation for those that stayed with her and Julia since Ellie wants a bit of what Julia got. For comparison, the Day 10 shower event was 146 renders, but this one could involve more than just kissing and could reach the heights of the Ellie/Julia event which was around 380 renders.

The Vicky event could be fairly small though. Her first event was just 30 renders, but this could likely be bigger, maybe around 150-200 renders like the Patricia gym event.

The Liam event will probably be small as most of his events don't seem to be much bigger than around 50 renders, and the Morello event will hopefully be around that too, perhaps 50-100.

So, at most, this update could probably be anywhere from 500-700 renders at a minimum. It took them around 2 months to do the 0.095 update which consisted of 515 renders, so 2-3 months is hopefully what we could be looking at for the next update and if they can keep at that level for all updates it could be quite good, but it will still be years before we even get to the halfway point in terms of playable days.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Well, it’s time for the rant, disappointment, (we don’t care about your opinion), whatever you want to call it. When I first started this game, what I liked was the fact that it was about a really «conservative » married woman , mother of 2, who was put in different situations by different people. Be it seduced, tempted or even forced . I liked the slow burn, that it was more on the « realistic » side of the spectrum( no magic, no : «I bump my head and now I can’t resist to fuck even the ugliest guy in town » . Well... realistic compared to other game, some of the characters are pretty much unbelievable in their interactions with each other. But I didn’t had a problem with that, has long as the game stayed the same : you control Sophia and you choose to interact, or not with the different characters. But then came Aiden. (That the type of «unbelievable character » I’m talking about) . And no, I don’t have a problem with him . While he’s not the nicest guy, what I like and want to see was how Sophia would interact with him or to quote a famous author : « How far can she go». No, the problem with Aiden, was that he was an obligatory character on the Dylan path. And some Dylan fans didn’t like that.(Either because they didn’t want to see Sophia blackmailed or with anybody else than Dylan). And they are pretty loud about it . The point being, now L&p as to create a solution: the boarding school. And to content the Dylan fans, he will even add a side-story, with the Amber,Sophia,Dylan,Sam. Where Dylan his taking the upper hand on Sam with Amber, after all the shit Sam has done to Sophia it’s time to take revenge.( Well Sam isn’t trying to fuck is own mother, but « take that Sam!»). My problem with that event was not only that we shifted perspective from Sophia to Dylan sometimes, but that event was the typical «Harem teenage boy MC event». Full of cliches. The:I grope this woman boobs multiple times and she doesn’t realize it or doesn’t mind because it’s the MC. The: the MC has a magical dick that can make a woman come faster and more effectively than anybody even though he’s a virgin (well in the case of Amber, almost), the I won against my worst enemy (from Dylan fans point of view at least;)). The: I have found an easier woman to fuck(Amber), the woman I’m supposedly in love with has completely vanished from my thoughts.(but don’t worry, she’s still my main target, that other woman is just a bonus in my harem). I could had more but you get my point. I was annoyed because it was not what I came for but then I thought:« it’s just a little side story, this Is just L&p having fun, the game isn’t changing. But then the Dylan/Ellie event came. I thought it was strange because L&p had said that nothing was supposed between those 2 and that he had the story already written from the beginning. But it was just a demand from his patreons to explain the animosity between the 2 siblings. Cool. Oh and it will be 8 events apparently. Okay. Well apparently, they won’t just reconcile with each other. But it’s just a side story, right? Right...And then, the Emma/Dylan storyline came along.Hum... that’s a nice way to and the Dylan/Sophia path if you choose to and it make sense, because that was Sophia goal towards Dylan. Cool. Ok. Why does it have to be multiple events? Who cares about Dylan and Emma love story? This storyline should be one event, case closed. Isn’t this game about the choices you make for Sophia? What is all this content about Dylan and girls other than Sophia? What is all this harem protagonist bullshit?And then came this update, where you can choose to view the yoga event(not a side-story) from Dylan point of view, having him interact with Marie, Patricia, etc. Ok. Now it’s clear, L&p he’s considering Dylan has a second MC. Great.But wait...Didn’t L&p removed the Liam side of the story because it would take to much time? So why all this content with Dylan? Well I could be cynical and say it’s for the money...Or maybe he just think it’s a really cool idea. All I can say is that the « Virgin teenage boy his suddenly super successful with all the women and he gives them the best fuck of their life while he has never fucked before is so overused that I’m mostly allergic to the genre now). So yes, I’m complaining. And yes, I don’t have to play that side of the story. But now I have to wait an even longer time( L&p has confirmed that Dylan is now almost considered as a second M.C) for each update for some Dylan content that was not what this game was about. I didn’t care that Dylan had the most content before with Sophia. It made sense because as her son it would be the most difficult for them to cross that path. Maybe add to that a girlfriend and that enough for me on the Dylan path. Why did he choose to put this in his game. It was already long before. All this time could have been spent on developing Sophia and other characters interactions or Dylan and Sophia. Or even removed which would be a huge time saving. Well, whatever . Thanks for the reading for those of you who made it this far. Sorry for the block of text and the engrish.
Disappointment pretty much comes with AWAM territory. I'm so sick & fed up of Dylan that I've devised a way to semi-write him out. It's not vindictive or damaging to him but it would clear away the main obstacle to Sophia's progress. I'm not looking forward to the "Dylan & Sophia Show." What I would really like to see would be a route whereby Dylan could be sent away, in this case signed to a club as a professional footballer, (soccer player), getting games for the youth team & maybe a sports scholarship, (no more hold on Sophia for Bennett). This idea would also get rid of the Aiden blackmail & allow Sophia to be co-erced by adults with developed thoughts, e.g. Morello's brother. Dylan could still come home every other weekend & even have his own adventures, (in a different game), while holding down his dream job but he would start to broaden his horizons, drop his mother fixation & give us all a break.
Those who wish to facepalm, think twice, because Dylan would have an enviable existence that most youths can only dream about.

DirtyDozen

Dec 26, 2018
good
day divided into 3 parts means 3x3 = 9 months and then he was curious as to why he doesn't find help
I'm just gonna wait till a teaser comes out about either Dylan or Sam laying wood in Sophia. So if we are only getting 1 day in 9 months, see y'all in 10 years! :ROFLMAO:

Rojouninco1

Apr 27, 2020
Old dog remember when Sophia went to Ellie room to pickup her clothes for laundry and stumbled with DAN!! :eek: Ellie friend she was stating I should have not get rid of her friends :sneaky::giggle: now that was epic and the rest you know
And here's Sophia ( I wish I hadn't thrown my last one away! It served me very well for years! Maybe I should buy a new one! )

Reactions: Plnjr987

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
Very kind of you, Ancien (I don't remember the nickname at all). I will try but I am bad for these things. Thanks for your help

TheonS

Donor
Jun 23, 2017
do you guys think we're gonna see another update this year? around Christmas maybe?

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
The fact is that I think L&P set in stone that Liam will NOT be cheating with anyone, so the possibility it's totally off the table. I wanted to and thought about it when Sophia saw him at the boutique and he ran out like speedy Gonzalez out of there. It would've made all the cheating Sophia will eventually do all the less regrettable or remorseful...and more gratifying hehe.
The fact that L&P has firmly stated that Liam will not cheat on Sophia does not necessarily mean that she cannot suspect that he is cheating on her.
To better explain I will refer to one of the most talked about cases of misunderstood pictures that, about 10 years ago, involved two famous football players:
As you can see not always (or almost never) "What you see is what you get" and if often, when you watch a movie, you can misunderstand the whole plot if you miss a scene or a dialogue, even more often you can misunderstand it if you only refer to its trailer.
So imagine this hypothetical situation with me:
Sophia decides to pay a surprise visit to Liam in his office (as she did on Day 3) and arrives at the reception of the Amadia building just as Mr. Harris (Liam's boss) is busy reprimanding Emily (who is being tutored by Liam) for her lack of commitment during her internship. Mr Harris is not only Emily's boss, he is also her father and, as such, wants the lesson to be clear, so what would be a simple reminder to anyone else becomes a real scolding for her. The situation transcends and Emily runs away in tears from Mr. Harris' office.
Outside the office is Liam who, also summoned to Mr Harris' office to be reminded of his duties as tutor, sees in tears what could be his daughter Ellie and, trying to console her, embraces her and caresses her face.
At that very moment the lift doors open and Sophia sees Emily, now smiling again, in her husband's arms in a "far from professional" attitude. Liam is called to enter Mr. Harris' office and the two of them separate, while Sophia (not seen by the two of them), after saying goodbye to secretary Scarlett, waits for her husband to leave Mr. Harris' office.
While Sophia reflects on what she has just seen, the player is offered a choice:
"Keep waiting until Liam leaves (Good Wife)" or "Leave (Filthy)".
In the first option, the issue would immediately be explained without further speculation and resentment and the player could continue his game on the Good Wife route.
In the second case, instead, Sophia might start listening to that inner voice that makes her suspect that her husband might cheat on her with another woman (already heard on Day 3) and think that she too can repay him with the same coin.
screenshot0024.png
I know that my description of this situation is most probably just a conjecture, a suggestion, a fantasy (on the other hand this is what we do here), but I think that it could be a plausible turning point with Sophia's character described so far by the developer: a wife and mother who, as such, would hardly cheat on her husband if, in turn, she did not suspect that she had been cheated on.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script4.rpyc", line 3182, in script
File "E:\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.100-pc\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "E:\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.100-pc\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100
Sat Sep 19 09:53:20 2020

Kimba99

Apr 18, 2020
I cannot run 0.100v because follwing error has been occured.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "lib/windows-i686/script4.rpyc", line 3182, in script
File "C:\Users\x\Documents\Game\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\x\Documents\Game\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100
Sat Sep 19 18:45:22 2020
[/code]

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes