Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hmmmm...:unsure:
Well, the good thing is that the update will be released quicker and that it'll be shorter because I'm just playing one single event from the morning, hehhe it couldn't have worked any better for my preference and my game. Maybe then (probably) next year the second part of the day...possibly Noon AND afternoon perhaps :unsure:?
In theory, it could be quicker if each update takes around 2-3 months, but that's still 2-3 months for a small portion of the day.

With the 0.095 update, they started work on it in February according to their Patreon posts and released it at the start of April. That was a half day update done in around 2 months that had 5 events and just 515 renders. That seemed promising at the time, but then the next half day update took nearly 6 months and had around 6 events with over 1300 renders.

515 renders for half a day was good because of the speed it took to make it, but what if this 1/3 day update is around that size and takes the same amount of time? It sounds good that we might get an update in 2 months time, but that's 2 months for a 1/3 day update not a 1/2 day update. Which means that, if all 1/3 updates are the same, it will take 6 months for a full day, but if they were able to keep 1/2 days to around 500-600 renders each every 2 months, that would means full days would just be 4, maybe even 5 months each.

Then there's always the possibility they get bogged with big events, for example the Ellie/Sophia event in the morning could be very render heavy if it's as raunchy and erotic a scene as many of us hope for, and this could make the update take longer. Imagine if it took 4 months for that 1/3 day update but the half day could have taken them 5. There's great worry that going to the 1/3 day structure actually increases the time rather than decreases it.

HONG GIL DONG

Sep 11, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script4.rpyc", line 3182, in script
  File "D:\GAME\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\GAME\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100
Fri Sep 18 21:35:03 2020

roberto1982

Aug 8, 2017
Morning:
1) Ellie
2) Vicky
3) Liam (Good Wife route)
OR Don Morello's event
Hmmm...:unsure:
Well, the good thing is that the update will be released quicker and that it'll be shorter because I'm just playing one single event from the morning, hehhe it couldn't have worked any better for my preference and my game. Maybe then (probably) next year the second part of the day...possibly Noon AND afternoon perhaps? :unsure:
lez update again it make me sad i hope that l&p use less renders as he promise

trzyglow

Dec 25, 2018
The only problem is the development pace. L&P cannot take it to the next stage professionally,

Witam - that's what I'm talking about "potential", which is out there somewhere and that's it.
The creator of the game cannot move on to the next stage, which offers a little more than some butt-stroking - haha, and for three years - in a few "updates" I might be tempted and get married to see if we have anything more than "butt stroking".

Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

rachel12

Nov 18, 2018
I went the girl's route with the update, but I really hope that don't spoil what can happen with Zack and his mom later. I enjoyed how Zack was exposed and made me think, how he thought it was only his mom, not Sophie. I really wanted Sophie to think about why Zack walks around naked while his mother is home.

• Love
Reactions: Rojouninco1

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Again and again, same thing, number of renders.
But, WTF, he has 2 Titan, who knows what more, can render 7/24. Not here is the problem.

About scene creation. Take a look at Ellie/Julia event. 370-380 renders. But, once the scenario is created, lights,..., you do not have much work to do, small differences between the renders, hand up, hand down, ..., a smile, an eyebrow up, ...
IMO, and I will say it again, he doesn't have the script ready. I know, some say/think so, but I doubt it.
He knows what to do, that's for sure, but he doesn't have, doesn't visualize all the details. And in the details is the devil.

Dec 30, 2019
So, does this mean there are alternate realities in this game?
nop, in Dylan route where we as Sophia's life spectators choose to accept the blackmail in that route Dylan is still at fault he still did it, now is that crazy and does not make sense and it portrait Dylan as evil master mind yes that is something that you have already make clear, you dont like it and it is completly reasonable
What i was just trying to share with my post to anyone its that when we play Dylan route we still dont know about that crazy situation and therefore I want to be positive in how is L&P going to play that card, at some point in Dylan route Sophia will get to know the truth and that will allow the story to continue and develop, now im not gonna lie it does not look good at this early point, for example an idea that i can think its on Dylan route he never share the secret and the tasks reach a very strong point then Dylan get Cuckhold :v buuuut maybe just maybe L&P can still pull of something good something that for me have not seen yet on many adult games where son gets mom because "plot"
There is no point in arguing if Dylan being the master mind is realistic, beacause its not, there also no point in telling he had good intentions or anything like hey its not that bad, beacuse yes its really bad
but instead of writing that this was the worst idea ever lets just wait to see what this may lead either something terrible or something good we never know, this is L&P first story for as much as i know, so who knows then, what future awaits for this story, personally i would like to see it finish to then tell then what was good and what was bad.
The only issue is how much time will it take to be done :(

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dr.SigmundFap

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Also, when you cut the number of renders the essence is lost. The player is immersed in the naration and you, booom, throw him out. A minimum of renders is mandatory to create the atmosphere. By cutting you lose what this game has, a film style development.
I like these intermediate steps (at least one), walking from the bedroom to the bathroom, for example.

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
I will beg for the last time, can someone teach me how to extract unren.bat or rpaextractor to the rpa images folder to convert them? I have no skill for these things, if anyone can help I will be grateful.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Again and again, same thing, number of renders.
But, WTF, he has 2 Titan, who knows what more, can render 7/24. Not here is the problem.

About scene creation. Take a look at Ellie/Julia event. 370-380 renders. But, once the scenario is created, lights,..., you do not have much work to do, small differences between the renders, hand up, hand down, ..., a smile, an eyebrow up, ...
IMO, and I will say it again, he doesn't have the script ready. I know, some say/think so, but I doubt it.
He knows what to do, that's for sure, but he doesn't have, doesn't visualize all the details. And in the details is the devil.
I believe he does write it before he renders it because I remember them saying that in a Patreon post before starting 0.095 that they had written the script and were now moving on to rendering it.

What seems likely to me is that they probably write it in standard story form, where they write the descriptive narration as paragraphs and then the dialogue in between them. Then, when they get to the rendering part, they separate out the paragraphs into each sentence and decide whether the descriptive sentences needs separate renders with slight alterations or not.

If this is the case, then this is perhaps where they can cut down a bit because we often see several descriptive lines where fewer could do just as well. So perhaps instead of writing 8-9 sentences in a paragraph, they could try to get it to just 4 by saying more with less.

Also, when you cut the number of renders the essence is lost. The player is immersed in the naration and you, booom, throw him out. A minimum of renders is mandatory to create the atmosphere. By cutting you lose what this game has, a film style development.
I like these intermediate steps (at least one), walking from the bedroom to the bathroom, for example.
That's another way that can work; cutting out transitional renders. Unless something being thought or said is vitally important, we don't need to see Sophia walking between rooms or driving somewhere, and things like going to the dentist aren't important if it has no bearing on the story.

nop, in Dylan route where we as Sophia's life spectators choose to accept the blackmail in that route Dylan is still at fault he still did it, now is that crazy and does not make sense and it portrait Dylan as evil master mind yes that is something that you have already make clear, you dont like it and it is completly reasonable
What i was just trying to share with my post to anyone its that when we play Dylan route we still dont know about that crazy situation and therefore I want to be positive in how is L&P going to play that card, at some point in Dylan route Sophia will get to know the truth and that will allow the story to continue and develop, now im not gonna lie it does not look good at this early point, for example an idea that i can think its on Dylan route he never share the secret and the tasks reach a very strong point then Dylan get Cuckhold :v buuuut maybe just maybe L&P can still pull of something good something that for me have not seen yet on many adult games where son gets mom because "plot"
There is no point in arguing if Dylan being the master mind is realistic, beacause its not, there also no point in telling he had good intentions or anything like hey its not that bad, beacuse yes its really bad
but instead of writing that this was the worst idea ever lets just wait to see what this may lead either something terrible or something good we never know, this is L&P first story for as much as i know, so who knows then, what future awaits for this story, personally i would like to see it finish to then tell then what was good and what was bad.
The only issue is how much time will it take to be done :(
I appreciate what you're saying and very much agree on many of your points as they're precisely what I've been saying these past few days.

The big thing for me though, and it's probably not going to go away, is this feeling that knowing what Dylan has done taints everything else. It now makes those interactions between Sophia and Dylan feel seedy and dishonest because of what he's done whereas before, although his actions were often bordering on inappropriate, it felt like this shy, awkward approach was working for him without the need to use such extreme manipulative tactics. Other external forces, like Ellie and Patricia, were building her Filthy points up and making her more recepetive to Dylan's awkward advances, so the blackmail just feels like an unnecessarily extreme complication.

I suppose it's possible that Sophia might not find out about it on the blackmail path, but I'm not sure if that's better or worse than her finding out since then it becomes this really dark secret of Dylan's and kind of taints his character even more if he gets away with it. For him to get a good outcome from this just feels kind of wrong, especially if she goes through with the blackmail. Him not getting back in Sophia's good books by being found out could lead to a cuck path as he sees others get a shot with her and he blew his which could be a "bad" end for his storyline, but for him to still get somewhere with Sophia whether she knows or not just doesn't sit right with me.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
I believe he does write it before he renders it because I remember them saying that in a Patreon post before starting 0.095 that they had written the script and were now moving on to rendering it.

What seems likely to me is that they probably write it in standard story form, where they write the descriptive narration as paragraphs and then the dialogue in between them. Then, when they get to the rendering part, they separate out the paragraphs into each sentence and decide whether the descriptive sentences needs separate renders with slight alterations or not.

If this is the case, then this is perhaps where they can cut down a bit because we often see several descriptive lines where fewer could do just as well. So perhaps instead of writing 8-9 sentences in a paragraph, they could try to get it to just 4 by saying more with less.

That's another way that can work; cutting out transitional renders. Unless something being thought or said is vitally important, we don't need to see Sophia walking between rooms or driving somewhere, and things like going to the dentist aren't important if it has no bearing on the story.

I appreciate what you're saying and very much agree on many of your points as they're precisely what I've been saying these past few days.

The big thing for me though, and it's probably not going to go away, is this feeling that knowing what Dylan has done taints everything else. It now makes those interactions between Sophia and Dylan feel seedy and dishonest because of what he's done whereas before, although his actions were often bordering on inappropriate, it felt like this shy, awkward approach was working for him without the need to use such extreme manipulative tactics. Other external forces, like Ellie and Patricia, were building her Filthy points up and making her more recepetive to Dylan's awkward advances, so the blackmail just feels like an unnecessarily extreme complication.

I suppose it's possible that Sophia might not find out about it on the blackmail path, but I'm not sure if that's better or worse than her finding out since then it becomes this really dark secret of Dylan's and kind of taints his character even more if he gets away with it. For him to get a good outcome from this just feels kind of wrong, especially if she goes through with the blackmail. Him not getting back in Sophia's good books by being found out could lead to a cuck path as he sees others get a shot with her and he blew his which could be a "bad" end for his storyline, but for him to still get somewhere with Sophia whether she knows or not just doesn't sit right with me.
I don't know either, maybe the only thing that needs to be fixed and i think that he can is the scene with Dylan, that he is not the one with the plan, that should be easy, everything was going as normal as we expected to go, this twist just happens in this update so if he removes the twist and keeps the blackmail, just that Dylan isn't the mastermind, then it should be fine.

Lederzar

Mar 5, 2020

After I spent the last days with the annoying move to my new apartment and hardly slept longer than 2-3 hours, I went away over the weekend to clear my mind.

I'll be back on Tuesday and then start with the work on the new update. In the next days you'll get the promised statement about my work, why the updates take the time they take and why it's not so easy to find productive help.

As for the next update (0.115), it will just contain the morning events. That means I will split the next playable day in 3 parts, so that the updates will be released quicker, but on the other hand they will be shorter of course.

Here again the events of the next playable day:

Morning:
1) Ellie
2) Vicky
3) Liam (Good Wife route) OR Don Morello's event
Noon:
1) Nursing home (1st side job) OR home schooling (2nd side job)
2) Aiden's 3rd task
3) Emma/Dylan OR Sophia/Dylan
Afternoon:
1) Nathalie
2) Dylan/Ellie
Evening:
1) Sam
If from now on L&P is going to divide the updates of the playable days into three parts,for that to work each update should only take one month because if it takes two or more we will be stuck again
1 update * 1 month = 3 months per one playable day
1 update * 2 months = 6 months per one playable day
1 update * 3 months = 9 months per one playable day

Zubaz

May 13, 2018

After I spent the last days with the annoying move to my new apartment and hardly slept longer than 2-3 hours, I went away over the weekend to clear my mind.

I'll be back on Tuesday and then start with the work on the new update. In the next days you'll get the promised statement about my work, why the updates take the time they take and why it's not so easy to find productive help.

As for the next update (0.115), it will just contain the morning events. That means I will split the next playable day in 3 parts, so that the updates will be released quicker, but on the other hand they will be shorter of course.

Here again the events of the next playable day:

Morning:
1) Ellie
2) Vicky
3) Liam (Good Wife route) OR Don Morello's event
Noon:
1) Nursing home (1st side job) OR home schooling (2nd side job)
2) Aiden's 3rd task
3) Emma/Dylan OR Sophia/Dylan
Afternoon:
1) Nathalie
2) Dylan/Ellie
Evening:
1) Sam
This guy is getting on my nerves more and more..

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes