ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
that's a shame he doesn't answer questions about the plot, its a question I like to see answered as well but I'm leaning towards no, not all 12 tasks will be added.

Considering there was a twist that Dylan was working with Aiden, even though L&P has reversed that twist, it shows L&P's mindset on tasks and most likely there was no plan to fully add 12 tasks in total.
Although the lack of concrete information for (pirate) punters & probably patrons, allows the Dev freedom to keep his options open, it also indicates that the mechanics of the story are not so 'cast in stone' as we may believe. It's disappointing from a participatory forum point of view but understandable. Now, I was really looking forward very much to the 12 tasks but if they're to be compacted, or shut down, why not get rid of Aiden right now? He could be caught dealing crack cocaine on school premises & whoosh, he's gone. Will his Uncle get him off? No-one will care by this point. It's time to rationalise the stories & characters, because I'm not sure 1 year for 1 day is in anybody's long, short or interim-term interest.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
This 30-day limit is giving us some hints about how far some paths can go. Aiden's is the most obvious case, with 12 tasks making no sense in the time that's left, but it also explains why L&P can't be opening new relevant paths forever (including the guys at the museum).

My guess is that something has to be done with the GW path if L&P wants to make it interesting for someone. It's been told about the swingers club and maybe something else, I'm not sure.

In the other paths there's plenty of stuff to fill the story, or at least more than enough characters.

Regards
What doesn't make sense about the timing of Aiden's tasks? The only thing I know of any significance about the timing is that the tasks will finish on playable day 18 (12 tasks on weekdays), and that sex on the Filthy route starts on day 19. So it's pretty much impossible for Aiden to have sex with Sophia, considering her current attitude is "Damn, I'd like to wring this little shit's chicken neck with my own hands!"

Jason and Haru (the museum guys) are going the way of Bennett - not of any significance. Patricia will probably just use them to get Sophia to do something.

Very early in the game, I think on the airplane, Sophia describes Liam and mentions that he likes to gamble.
"He is a big football and baseball fan. He's also a good poker player, but he has a little weakness for gambling" is the line from the Introduction, on the airplane

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
What doesn't make sense about the timing of Aiden's tasks? The only thing I know of any significance about the timing is that the tasks will finish on playable day 18 (12 tasks on weekdays), and that sex on the Filthy route starts on day 19. So it's pretty much impossible for Aiden to have sex with Sophia, considering her current attitude is "Damn, I'd like to wring this little shit's chicken neck with my own hands!"

Jason and Haru (the museum guys) are going the way of Bennett - not of any significance. Patricia will probably just use them to get Sophia to do something.
I don't think Aiden's tasks are given every weekend- I believe they're only given on days when Sophia is teaching. If that's the case, that's only a couple times a week. Aren't we only on like Aiden's 4th task? If my timing is correct, that's why there's debate on the timing, two tasks a week is not going to get through all 12 in the time remaining. As for the endgame, I don't know what to expect from Aiden by the time we get to task 12. It could be that by then Sophia is so corrupted that sex is an option; but who knows.

All of this speaks to a larger problem- the game's development is so slow that we're losing track of important details in the plot. In-game, the last time we saw Aiden was probably a day ago, but in real life it's been 6 months or longer since we've seen him. That means it's been probably a year or more since he started giving tasks to Sophia. In that time it is very easy to forget the details of Aiden's tasks. If we get an update every 4 months, and that update covers 1/3 of a day, then December's update will take care of part 2 of the day, April 2021's update will be part 3 of the day, and in August 2021 we'll get part 1 of the next day. If those calculations are correct, then I don't think we'll see Sophia in class with Aiden again until August or December of 2021. Can anyone verify my timeline?

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I don't think Aiden's tasks are given every weekend- I believe they're only given on days when Sophia is teaching. If that's the case, that's only a couple times a week. Aren't we only on like Aiden's 4th task? If my timing is correct, that's why there's debate on the timing, two tasks a week is not going to get through all 12 in the time remaining. As for the endgame, I don't know what to expect from Aiden by the time we get to task 12. It could be that by then Sophia is so corrupted that sex is an option; but who knows.

All of this speaks to a larger problem- the game's development is so slow that we're losing track of important details in the plot. In-game, the last time we saw Aiden was probably a day ago, but in real life it's been 6 months or longer since we've seen him. That means it's been probably a year or more since he started giving tasks to Sophia. In that time it is very easy to forget the details of around Aiden's tasks. If we get an update every 4 months, and that update covers 1/3 of a day, then December's update will take care of part 2 of the day, April 2021's update will be part 3 of the day, and in August 2021 we'll get part 1 of the next day. If those calculations are correct, then I don't think we'll see Sophia in class with Aiden again until August or December of 2021. Can anyone verify my timeline?
The tasks are Monday to Friday. It can't be only on the days Sophia teaches, because Thursday isn't one of those, but it still has task #3. And there's going to be another week long time jump after playable day 12, so 5 tasks will likely be skipped. Hence all 12 tasks being finished by playable day 18.

We're only up to the 2 month mark that L&P has been working on the update, since he started work on Oct 2. So it's more like 2 - 3 months per update, not 4. And this update has at least 2 new locations (the cafe and the prison), which will have slowed L&P down. A problem we may not get again until Sam's concert. The next update will also only be part 1, not part 2. But counting 3 months not 4, still makes the update for the morning of playable day 13 around August next year.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
The tasks are Monday to Friday. It can't be only on the days Sophia teaches, because Thursday isn't one of those, but it still has task #3. And there's going to be another week long time jump after playable day 12, so 5 tasks will likely be skipped. Hence all 12 tasks being finished by playable day 18.

We're only up to the 2 month mark that L&P has been working on the update, since he started work on Oct 2. So it's more like 2 - 3 months per update, not 4. And this update has at least 2 new locations (the cafe and the prison), which will have slowed L&P down. A problem we may not get again until Sam's concert. The next update will also only be part 1, not part 2. But counting 3 months not 4, still makes the update for the morning of playable day 13 around August next year.
Ok so I was off on just about everything. I went back and looked at my save files, and the last time I saved a game during one of Aiden's tasks (when Sophia wears the yellow dress and flashes the class) was on May 21st, almost exactly 6 months ago. If your timeline is correct, and we don't get to Aiden again until next August, that's roughly 15 months between appearances. That is not a sustainable way to create a narrative. Would school appear in the morning or afternoon update for the day? Because that could be the difference between August of 2021 and November 2021. Has Aiden already given Sophia the next task?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Ok so I was off on just about everything. I went back and looked at my save files, and the last time I saved a game during one of Aiden's tasks (when Sophia wears the yellow dress and flashes the class) was on May 21st, almost exactly 6 months ago. If your timeline is correct, and we don't get to Aiden again until next August, that's roughly 15 months between appearances. That is not a sustainable way to create a narrative. Would school appear in the morning or afternoon update for the day? Because that could be the difference between August of 2021 and November 2021. Has Aiden already given Sophia the next task?
Going by the Overview of playable day 11, Sophia's classes are in the morning. But task #3 is in the noon update after the next one, so possibly around Feb/Mar, with task #9 being around Aug/Sep. Assuming of course my guess at the timing of updates is correct. Not even L&P can confirm that one.

Remember Aiden isn't like Dylan or Ellie, who often get multiple events a day. For example Dylan got up to 4 by my count during playable day 11. On playable day 16 Ellie gets "several", and to my knowledge the most events per day she gets in the game.

HomerJSimpson

May 19, 2018
Script error : could not find label 'day 18_back_home_kitchen'.
I was thinking I was giving this error because the save was old, but I started a new game and it's doing the same thing, did it happen to anyone else?

bayerischman

Aug 26, 2020

buff

May 29, 2017
I think the best thing that could happen to this game would be for L&P's exclamation-point key to break! Every sentence in the game ends in one! Real people don't talk that way! It makes me hate the dialogue!

Reactions: ancienregimele

dr.akhibadge

Aug 31, 2019
Only interesting thing I saw in this game is Dylan and Sophia interection and they were going parelkel in same same direction but now parellel but in opposite direction .loosing interest in this slower than sloth game.
I will play this game after 20 years hope it will be completed

Reactions: codex35

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
So the 10 remaining tasks in 7 days until playable day 18 with 1 weekend in between which actually leaves him 5 days? It's possible (2 per day, including days without them being in class, which seems to be happening in the 3rd task AFAIK), but it would be waaay too forced IMHO.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes