Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
It seems to me that the development plan for this game is the worst combination of good ideas.

Complex narrative with branching paths.

Long development periods between releases.

Large cast that make infrequent or non-regular appearances.

A drawn-out corruption storyline designed for those that like slow burns.

High quality renders with strict attention to detail.

As someone that is new to the game, it really feels like the project had been mismanaged. You can have a complex story, but the development period can’t be so long that people lose track of the narrative. Conversely, you can’t pump out releases without sacrificing something like the high quality renders. But if you want to maintain the high quality renders, you need to limit the number of characters you’re rendering.

I’m not a creator, but I think there are lessons here for future creators. Not every game needs to be a game of instant gratification, but there does need to be a better sense of project management. Players should not be left wondering if in-game content that is only a few hours in the future will arrive within the next 12 months. It shouldn’t take pages of discussion on a web forum to piece together a timeline of events that is, at best, an estimation.

L&P is clearly committed to their path, so it’s too late to change course. But I think there’s a lot of good lessons in this game for future developers. You need to find a better balance between all the competing demands. Speaking for myself, I think I would happily trade a scaled down story for more frequent releases. Maybe a game where it’s only Liam, Dylan, Ellie, and Patricia- cut everyone else entirely or to non-romance and supporting characters. A game like AWAM would be perfect if released consistently every two or three months and consisted of a half-days worth on content. It can still be a slow burn, but atleast it would be fresh instead of long overdue.

Just my thoughts.
I disagree. Secondary and even tertiary characters are necessary for any story. Main characters, contrary to what people might think, cannot carry a story alone. The way we find out about how the main characters think, act and go through life is by their interactions with other people, primarily people who are not a part of their lives 24/7 like friends, coworkers, and even random strangers they might encounter on the street. They can of course interact with any other main characters but that alone doesn't always shine a light into who they are. That's why in my opinion the VNs that only focus on a few family members and no one else get really boring very quickly. No matter how the story might play out eventually it's always going to feel forced when the incest happens if it's just two family members interacting and no one else. Sophia learns and experiences a lot of information from everyone like Alyssa and the dates they had at the club to the two random boys her and Patricia met at the museum. These minor characters don't always have to stay within the story and most could eventually disappear, but the interactions Sophia has with each one reveals more about who she is and what she is experiencing. That is what keeps the story fresh and interesting to the viewers.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I disagree. Secondary and even tertiary characters are necessary for any story. Main characters, contrary to what people might think, cannot carry a story alone. The way we find out about how the main characters think, act and go through life is by their interactions with other people, primarily people who are not a part of their lives 24/7 like friends, coworkers, and even random strangers they might encounter on the street. They can of course interact with any other main characters but that alone doesn't always shine a light into who they are. That's why in my opinion the VNs that only focus on a few family members and no one else get really boring very quickly. No matter how the story might play out eventually it's always going to feel forced when the incest happens if it's just two family members interacting and no one else. Sophia learns and experiences a lot of information from everyone like Alyssa and the dates they had at the club to the two random boys her and Patricia met at the museum. These minor characters don't always have to stay within the story and most could eventually disappear, but the interactions Sophia has with each one reveals more about who she is and what she is experiencing. That is what keeps the story fresh and interesting to the viewers.
I said you can include secondary characters, but the number and/or roles need to be scaled back. Reduce the number of characters you can romance (you can pick whichever three or four you like for this scenario) and push everyone else to the side. Characters like Sam, Zach, Alyssa, Aiden, Liam's college friends, the characters we meet at the jobs, the movers, the maid, Vicky, Emma, Julia, Logan, Claire, Marie, and Don Morello, are all individually great, but as a whole they make a crowded field. Our attention is too diffused between them, making it hard to really grow their characters while also giving our main characters enough screen time. I agree that supporting characters are important and that games that only focus on the love interests get boring, but we could easily eliminate many of the characters I listed, leaving more time to develop the ones that remain. This would help in keeping the narrative straight and make balancing their stories easier. Personally I would like more time exploring Patricia and Carl's relationship with the Parkers- Carl could be a good source of conflict or tension with Liam. When updates take so long, and the game's timeline is so short, taking even one scene to develop superfluous characters really hurts. An example would be the extra scene we got with the movers. In a vacuum it isn't a big deal, but that was a good chunk of that update used on characters that we'll never see again. That time could have been allocated to someone like Patricia and Carl instead- it would have been an opportunity to develop both them and Sophia in that scene.

There's a fine line between having enough supporting characters to help tell the story, and superfluous supporting characters that crowd the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
I said you can include secondary characters, but the number and/or roles need to be scaled back. Reduce the number of characters you can romance (you can pick whichever three or four you like for this scenario) and push everyone else to the side. Characters like Sam, Zach, Alyssa, Aiden, Liam's college friends, the characters we meet at the jobs, the movers, the maid, Vicky, Emma, Julia, Logan, Claire, Marie, and Don Morello, are all individually great, but as a whole they make a crowded field. Our attention is too diffused between them, making it hard to really grow their characters while also giving our main characters enough screen time. I agree that supporting characters are important and that games that only focus on the love interests get boring, but we could easily eliminate many of the characters I listed, leaving more time to develop the ones that remain. This would help in keeping the narrative straight and make balancing their stories easier. Personally I would like more time exploring Patricia and Carl's relationship with the Parkers- Carl could be a good source of conflict or tension with Liam. When updates take so long, and the game's timeline is so short, taking even one scene to develop superfluous characters really hurts. An example would be the extra scene we got with the movers. In a vacuum it isn't a big deal, but that was a good chunk of that update used on characters that we'll never see again. That time could have been allocated to someone like Patricia and Carl instead- it would have been an opportunity to develop both them and Sophia in that scene.

There's a fine line between having enough supporting characters to help tell the story, and superfluous supporting characters that crowd the field.
Most of the characters you mentioned hardly make a crowded field as they don't remain in the story for very long. The movers are already gone and the maid already served her purpose by allowing Sophia to spy on her. You have to expect people like the students to be more involved in the story as Sophia is a teacher and interacts with them more often. Given all the characters we have seen so far I would not call this a crowded field. So far it's been just right.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Most of the characters you mentioned hardly make a crowded field as they don't remain in the story for very long. The movers are already gone and the maid already served her purpose by allowing Sophia to spy on her. You have to expect people like the students to be more involved in the story as Sophia is a teacher and interacts with them more often. Given all the characters we have seen so far I would not call this a crowded field. So far it's been just right.
And her main point which your missing and I actually agree with is:

Given how long it takes to pose and render all those scenes...a lot of characters could have been missed completely with no actual impact on the storyline whatsoever. All time that could have been spent on actually progressing said story with the characters that actually do matter.

That said however, I doubt it actually would have sped anything up knowing L&P.....he will take as long as he wants knowing people will keep paying.

Reactions: Turret

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
That said however, I doubt it actually would have sped anything up knowing L&P.....he will take as long as he wants knowing people will keep paying.
Well how much time do you think he spends doing custom things, like Sophia's Nike gym bag last update.

Or getting the clothes the women wear to fold. That alone can take a while, especially if they're not designed to do so.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
I agree but there is no deal now, as L&P reversed it, not sure if that means he removes that in next update or it will just be forgotten about.
I liked the deal resulting in Dylan being banished to boarding school. Was hoping it could become permanent banishment.

Reactions: afterlights

farrah

Lesbian incest the best!
Donor
Aug 26, 2017
we got the others ladies to enjoy :).
Yeah you right :love: But no Ellie\Sophia. At the very moment when the culmination of their feelings are too close :cry:
Actually I expect on the mentioned days to have Dylan/Ellie content.After all Dylan/Ellie plans were posted before he started that route.And before Dylan/Emma.So that is another possibility.Also let's not forget Ellie/Logan.But I bet most of us want to forget about Logan:)
Also Dylan/Marie. I wouldn't be surprised if we have as much content with Dylan as with Sophia in the future, or even more.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yeah you right :love: But no Ellie\Sophia. At the very moment when the culmination of their feelings are too close :cry:

Also Dylan/Marie. I wouldn't be surprised if we have as much content with Dylan as with Sophia in the future, or even more.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So I realised taking it completely out of context, this quote works just as well for Ellie/Sophia as it does for Ellie/Jules:
Ellie 7 - Dumping Logan.png

Angmir

May 29, 2017
Hello folks.

I seen some people here discussing about things that will be comming in the future updates (some going as far as speculating about playable day 22 and beyond).

Could someone plz link me the latest official info from L&P ?

Last time I remember he only gave his plans for day 12, but even that is blurry. Tho I duobt he spoiled his entire 30 day road map. But If I am wrong - I would very much like to see it ;-)

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Hello folks.

I seen some people here discussing about things that will be comming in the future updates (some going as far as speculating about playable day 22 and beyond).

Could someone plz link me the latest official info from L&P ?

Last time I remember he only gave his plans for day 12, but even that is blurry. Tho I duobt he spoiled his entire 30 day road map. But If I am wrong - I would very much like to see it ;-)
It's horribly old information, but I've been quoting from Dylan events and Ellie events. The list of days without Dylan events going all the way up to playable day 30, Ellie events (with numbers) up to playable day 21. Despite asking several times, I've been unable to obtain more recent information. Or even any information about number of events for Sam or Patricia.

We know about the Patricia events from upcoming Sunday (so playable day 15), and Saturday from here. About other characters I may have bookmarked, if you can be more specific

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Word. If only he could take Liam with him. I just want to watch Sophia seduce/get-seduced-by her sister and daughter.
Liam isn't around a lot anyway. And the bathroom lock is now fixed, so Liam is unlikely to interrupt Sophia and Ellie again, with the added benefit that he thinks they're just chatting. So Liam isn't really much of an issue anymore, plus he pays the bills, and fixes stuff like the jacuzzi.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
And her main point which your missing and I actually agree with is:

Given how long it takes to pose and render all those scenes...a lot of characters could have been missed completely with no actual impact on the storyline whatsoever. All time that could have been spent on actually progressing said story with the characters that actually do matter.

lol Seems like you are the one who missed the point. I already explained why you can't just focus on the main characters of a story. You need secondary and sometimes even tertiary characters to properly flesh them out.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
lol Seems like you are the one who missed the point. I already explained why you can't just focus on the main characters of a story. You need secondary and sometimes even tertiary characters to properly flesh them out.
Plenty of stories, books, films in the world with only 2 or 3 characters. When written well and with good interesting characters/plot, they can work perfectly fine. Most of the time the problem is that they are not interesting nor written well which is why they fill them with filler characters to compensate.

Reactions: cakeny

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Damm that sucks, easily the best part of the game for me..at least there will be Patricia and some of the other characters I guess
Well after this one, the next Ellie event is due playable day 14 (possibly in the morning), and the next Patricia event (with Jason and Haru) at the museum that evening.

The next event after the Ellie shower I'm looking forward to is Natalie's in the afternoon. But intrigued by the Emma/Dylan event at noon, and L&P's reaction to what appears to be an almost complete non-interest in playing it, much like the GW route.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes