PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
that's a shame he doesn't answer questions about the plot, its a question I like to see answered as well but I'm leaning towards no, not all 12 tasks will be added.

Considering there was a twist that Dylan was working with Aiden, even though L&P has reversed that twist, it shows L&P's mindset on tasks and most likely there was no plan to fully add 12 tasks in total.
if they are not there, I would be very disappointed; if you don't send Dylan to college, Sophia should never know about the deal between Dylan and Aiden ....

Reactions: Notretsam

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
The tasks are Monday to Friday. It can't be only on the days Sophia teaches, because Thursday isn't one of those, but it still has task #3. And there's going to be another week long time jump after playable day 12, so 5 tasks will likely be skipped. Hence all 12 tasks being finished by playable day 18.

We're only up to the 2 month mark that L&P has been working on the update, since he started work on Oct 2. So it's more like 2 - 3 months per update, not 4. And this update has at least 2 new locations (the cafe and the prison), which will have slowed L&P down. A problem we may not get again until Sam's concert. The next update will also only be part 1, not part 2. But counting 3 months not 4, still makes the update for the morning of playable day 13 around August next year.
The problem is that people don't care how much time the dev is working on the update.They care only for the time between updates.BTW we never know how much time is really gone for working on the game and how much for RL of the dev.
So for me is simple-1 month every year is free time for the dev.Work the other 11 months,unless something unexpectedly happen.
And it seems the time it will take for the first part of day 12 will be much more than what we are expecting.
Probably 100+ days.And that is for the smallest part of day 12.
I don't see how part 2 and 3 can be done in only 6 months in order to get first part of day 13 in August 2021.

Reactions: Old Dog

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
All of this speaks to a larger problem- the game's development is so slow that we're losing track of important details in the plot. In-game, the last time we saw Aiden was probably a day ago, but in real life it's been 6 months or longer since we've seen him. That means it's been probably a year or more since he started giving tasks to Sophia. In that time it is very easy to forget the details of Aiden's tasks. If we get an update every 4 months, and that update covers 1/3 of a day, then December's update will take care of part 2 of the day, April 2021's update will be part 3 of the day, and in August 2021 we'll get part 1 of the next day. If those calculations are correct, then I don't think we'll see Sophia in class with Aiden again until August or December of 2021. Can anyone verify my timeline?
(y) (y) (y) (y)

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
I don't think Aiden's tasks are given every weekend- I believe they're only given on days when Sophia is teaching. If that's the case, that's only a couple times a week. Aren't we only on like Aiden's 4th task? If my timing is correct, that's why there's debate on the timing, two tasks a week is not going to get through all 12 in the time remaining. As for the endgame, I don't know what to expect from Aiden by the time we get to task 12. It could be that by then Sophia is so corrupted that sex is an option; but who knows.

All of this speaks to a larger problem- the game's development is so slow that we're losing track of important details in the plot. In-game, the last time we saw Aiden was probably a day ago, but in real life it's been 6 months or longer since we've seen him. That means it's been probably a year or more since he started giving tasks to Sophia. In that time it is very easy to forget the details of Aiden's tasks. If we get an update every 4 months, and that update covers 1/3 of a day, then December's update will take care of part 2 of the day, April 2021's update will be part 3 of the day, and in August 2021 we'll get part 1 of the next day. If those calculations are correct, then I don't think we'll see Sophia in class with Aiden again until August or December of 2021. Can anyone verify my timeline?
Wait when we have 2 or 2 and a half days without Dylan or Ellie.
Or with new plan of each day split on 3 is possible even to have 3 and 1/3 days without Dylan or Ellie.
Example-we have a scene with Dylan on first part on day 1 and next scene is on third part of day 4.
2/3 from day 1+day 2+day 3+2/3 from day 4 = 3 and 1/3 days
Imagine 2-3 years without Dylan or Ellie.Or even more.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
So the 10 remaining tasks in 7 days until playable day 18 with 1 weekend in between which actually leaves him 5 days? It's possible (2 per day, including days without them being in class, which seems to be happening in the 3rd task AFAIK), but it would be waaay too forced IMHO.
What about the time jump after day 12? That's why I have the tasks finishing on playable day 18 and not playable day 25. And why I skip from task 3 to task 9.

farrah

Lesbian incest the best!
Donor
Aug 26, 2017
Wait when we have 2 or 2 and a half days without Dylan or Ellie.
Or with new plan of each day split on 3 is possible even to have 3 and 1/3 days without Dylan or Ellie.
Example-we have a scene with Dylan on first part on day 1 and next scene is on third part of day 4.
2/3 from day 1+day 2+day 3+2/3 from day 4 = 3 and 1/3 days
Imagine 2-3 years without Dylan or Ellie.Or even more.
After the next update, no Ellie/Sophia for a year, maybe two:cry:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
After the next update, no Ellie/Sophia for a year, maybe two:cry:
At least there isn't the possibility of 2 days without an Ellie event, like armion82 is suggesting, at least not until playable day 22 (since there is no data after playable day 22). In the meantime we'll have the shenanigans of playable day 16. And Patricia events day 14 and 15.

Unlike Dylan, who is missing for 2 periods of 2 days - playable days 15 - 16, and 23 - 24

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
if they are not there, I would be very disappointed; if you don't send Dylan to college, Sophia should never know about the deal between Dylan and Aiden ....
I agree but there is no deal now, as L&P reversed it, not sure if that means he removes that in next update or it will just be forgotten about.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Regarding tasks discussion going back the last couple of threads, didn't actually know L&P said Aiden tasks storyline be completed by day 18. Further suggests we not see all 12 of them. However, it's possible as Aiden now has Sophia's phone number, so he could call with a task on any day at any time.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
At least there isn't the possibility of 2 days without an Ellie event, like armion82 is suggesting, at least not until playable day 22 (since there is no data after playable day 22). In the meantime we'll have the shenanigans of playable day 16. And Patricia events day 14 and 15.

Unlike Dylan, who is missing for 2 periods of 2 days - playable days 15 - 16, and 23 - 24
Actually I expect on the mentioned days to have Dylan/Ellie content.After all Dylan/Ellie plans were posted before he started that route.And before Dylan/Emma.So that is another possibility.Also let's not forget Ellie/Logan.But I bet most of us want to forget about Logan:)

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Regarding tasks discussion going back the last couple of threads, didn't actually know L&P said Aiden tasks storyline be completed by day 18. Further suggests we not see all 12 of them, however, it's possible as Aiden now has Sophia's phone number, so he could call with a task on any day at any time.
L&P didn't say the tasks will be finished by playable day 18. Around 6 months ago I was working it out, based on the assumption that the tasks would only be on days Sophia had classes. But then the outline for playable day 12 came out, so I reworked it, finding out that the tasks would be completed by day 32, which before the announcement of the second time jump, would put it at playable day 25. And after, at playable day 18.

I'm not including things like 2 tasks per day, or tasks on the weekend, because there is no precedent to suggest L&P is even considering it. If there is a Patreon quote that says otherwise, I'll update accordingly.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
L&P didn't say the tasks will be finished by playable day 18. Around 6 months ago I was working it out, based on the assumption that the tasks would only be on days Sophia had classes. But then the outline for playable day 12 came out, so I reworked it, finding out that the tasks would be completed by day 32, which before the announcement of the second time jump, would put it at playable day 25. And after, at playable day 18.

I'm not including things like 2 tasks per day, or tasks on the weekend, because there is no precedent to suggest L&P is even considering it. If there is a Patreon quote that says otherwise, I'll update accordingly.

I would say Aiden asking and getting Sophia's phone number is precedent enough to strongly suggest there be tasks outwith the classroom and school, why else would he ask for her phone number? He has plans for her outwith the classroom.

Reactions: Matt1

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I would say Aiden asking and getting Sophia's phone number is precedent enough to strongly suggest there be tasks outwith the classroom and school, why else would he ask for her phone number? He has plans for her outwith the classroom.
Her phone number would just be for days like playable day 12, where Aiden and Dylan both still have school, but Sophia doesn't. What would be the point in being more complicated than that? More than one task a school day means Aiden gets further away from playable day 19 (not that he'd know he missed the boat on that one), and less than one is a missed opportunity to beat Dylan up, or humiliating Sophia

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
The only messages reported by patreons on this forum from L&p that I found regarding Aiden tasks were that : if you want to get rid of Aiden, there’ll be a «comfortable» solution on playable day 13 and a not so «comfortable» solution on playable day 18. But that’s for those who want to stop him. Nothing about the tasks automatically ending on playable day 18. As for skipping some tasks and jumping from tasks 3 to 8 or 9 I have no idea why people think it will happen. We know that the tasks will get more and more lewd. So we will go from dressing sexy and flashing her panties in front of the class directly to something like, I don’t know, Sophia inserting a dildo in front of Aiden (not saying that’s what will happen but something on that level). If it’s because of the time skip, we already had one and nothing happened. We didn’t skip progress with Dylan,Ellie or Sam in their relationship to Sophia, it just was pretty much the same as before the time jump. Or do people believe that only Aiden will have his events skipped, going directly to the task 8 or 9 with the level of shit that it may imply, while Dylan, Sam and Zac will still be at «touching the fabric» and massaging her shoulders? What about the first and second part time job? Do we skip some events there too? And finally if I recall correctly (but I might be wrong here) L&p has said that there will be some story reason for the time jump. Maybe Sophia has an accident, has to go to the hospital for a week and that’s why there’s a time jump, or something like that.

Reactions: drcomet

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It seems to me that the development plan for this game is the worst combination of good ideas.

Complex narrative with branching paths.

Long development periods between releases.

Large cast that make infrequent or non-regular appearances.

A drawn-out corruption storyline designed for those that like slow burns.

High quality renders with strict attention to detail.

As someone that is new to the game, it really feels like the project had been mismanaged. You can have a complex story, but the development period can’t be so long that people lose track of the narrative. Conversely, you can’t pump out releases without sacrificing something like the high quality renders. But if you want to maintain the high quality renders, you need to limit the number of characters you’re rendering.

I’m not a creator, but I think there are lessons here for future creators. Not every game needs to be a game of instant gratification, but there does need to be a better sense of project management. Players should not be left wondering if in-game content that is only a few hours in the future will arrive within the next 12 months. It shouldn’t take pages of discussion on a web forum to piece together a timeline of events that is, at best, an estimation.

L&P is clearly committed to their path, so it’s too late to change course. But I think there’s a lot of good lessons in this game for future developers. You need to find a better balance between all the competing demands. Speaking for myself, I think I would happily trade a scaled down story for more frequent releases. Maybe a game where it’s only Liam, Dylan, Ellie, and Patricia- cut everyone else entirely or to non-romance and supporting characters. A game like AWAM would be perfect if released consistently every two or three months and consisted of a half-days worth on content. It can still be a slow burn, but atleast it would be fresh instead of long overdue.

Just my thoughts.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes