Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
If the "Twist" had little or no importance to the game why put it in or even remove it afterwards,or am I missing something.
View attachment 946481
It does make we wonder how angry Dylan fan patrons must have got for him to change something apparently so insignificant to the story. How many actually threatened to leave, etc. Especially for something that only comes up on the boarding school route, so something they're unlikely going to be playing anyway.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
It does make we wonder how angry Dylan fan patrons must have got for him to change something apparently so insignificant to the story. How many actually threatened to leave, etc. Especially for something that only comes up on the boarding school route, so something they're unlikely going to be playing anyway.
IF I remember right most of them didn't even know of the twist as they kept the blackmail route. Unless they pm the dev but looking on the patron page not a lot of complaints

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
IF I remember right most of them didn't even know of the twist as they kept the blackmail route. Unless they pm the dev but looking on the patron page not a lot of complaints
It tells me that some of the criticism of the narrative inconsistency got through to him. If it was just a criticism that Dylan fans didn't like it, he probably wouldn't have made a change. But to change something that is so insignificant tells me that when people said "This doesn't make sense and actively damages the character", that must have registered.

And almost certainly there were financial concerns.

Reactions: teresina

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
It tells me that some of the criticism of the narrative inconsistency got through to him. If it was just a criticism that Dylan fans didn't like it, he probably wouldn't have made a change. But to change something that is so insignificant tells me that when people said "This doesn't make sense and actively damages the character", that must have registered.

And almost certainly there were financial concerns.
Except that we don't, and sadly now will never, know the full story of Dylan growing as a character. Yes things might not make sense now, but only because we don't know all the details, like how we don't know what Dylan did to make Ellie hate him so much.

That it makes Dylan look bad is actually good for the story, because it gives him something that he can overcome. Maybe even something he can overcome himself, unlike the Aiden and Bennett routes, which require Sophia to intervene. And I'd probably have more respect for Dylan as a character if he did overcome things himself. But unfortunately L&P and Dylan fans aren't giving Dylan that opportunity.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Except that we don't, and sadly now will never, know the full story of Dylan growing as a character. Yes things might not make sense now, but only because we don't know all the details, like how we don't know what Dylan did to make Ellie hate him so much.

That it makes Dylan look bad is actually good for the story, because it gives him something that he can overcome. Maybe even something he can overcome himself, unlike the Aiden and Bennett routes, which require Sophia to intervene. And I'd probably have more respect for Dylan as a character if he did overcome things himself. But unfortunately L&P and Dylan fans aren't giving Dylan that opportunity.
I know you have strong feelings on this, but I look at the twist and think it's one of those things you can't come back from. Character growth is important, and I agree that giving Dylan something that he overcomes on his own is important, but you can't go too far with it. If he really did go to Aiden in an attempt to get his mother to dress sexy at work, that would be the kind of thing that a lifetime of good deeds wouldn't erase. His mother would never look at him the same way for the rest of his life, and it would be a shame he'd take to the grave. It would be so amazingly disrespectful and inappropriate to do such a thing that he would always be a scumbag for doing it.

A better outcome would be for Dylan to utilize his new training/confidence to put a stop to Aiden's blackmail without Sophia asking. That would show character growth through making use of a story element and maturing as a result.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I know you have strong feelings on this, but I look at the twist and think it's one of those things you can't come back from. Character growth is important, and I agree that giving Dylan something that he overcomes on his own is important, but you can't go too far with it. If he really did go to Aiden in an attempt to get his mother to dress sexy at work, that would be the kind of thing that a lifetime of good deeds wouldn't erase. His mother would never look at him the same way for the rest of his life, and it would be a shame he'd take to the grave. It would be so amazingly disrespectful and inappropriate to do such a thing that he would always be a scumbag for doing it.

A better outcome would be for Dylan to utilize his new training/confidence to put a stop to Aiden's blackmail without Sophia asking. That would show character growth through making use of a story element and maturing as a result.
You are talking different routes here. Dylan can't use his new training/confidence to put a stop to Aiden's blackmail instead of the twist if on the boarding school route he never gets the new training.

There would certainly be an amount of suspension of disbelief for Dylan to even slightly come back from a mistake like the twist. But considering that Sophia only ever finds out about the twist on the boarding school route, where Sophia/Dylan is locked out, we already know that he never fully pays recompense for it, and that Sophia's respect for Dylan never fully recovers. And it makes almost no actual difference if Sophia doesn't ultimately have the best opinion on Dylan, since to choose the boarding school route, you've already decided you're either going for Amber/Dylan instead of Sophia/Dylan, or like me, not on the Dylan route at all anyway.

But that's the boarding school route which is separate. On the Aiden's tasks route, the twist is irrelevant since Sophia never finds out, with Sophia/Dylan carrying on as normal so that those shippers can get what they want.

And there's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that happens in all fiction, it just happens to be up to the individual reader what they're willing to accept. One of the reasons I don't play the Dylan or Sam routes is that I can't reconcile Sophia allowing Dylan and Sam to make technical fouls in the basketball game in the driveway. Especially when they're attempting to not to subtly grope her. And the fact that she's a sports teacher, so she sure as hell knows the rules. But that's my own opinion. Obviously differs from those playing either Dylan or Sam routes.

Reactions: Maviarab and cakeny

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
You are talking different routes here. Dylan can't use his new training/confidence to put a stop to Aiden's blackmail instead of the twist if on the boarding school route he never gets the new training.

There would certainly be an amount of suspension of disbelief for Dylan to even slightly come back from a mistake like the twist. But considering that Sophia only ever finds out about the twist on the boarding school route, where Sophia/Dylan is locked out, we already know that he never fully pays recompense for it, and that Sophia's respect for Dylan never fully recovers. And it makes almost no actual difference if Sophia doesn't ultimately have the best opinion on Dylan, since to choose the boarding school route, you've already decided you're either going for Amber/Dylan instead of Sophia/Dylan, or like me, not on the Dylan route at all anyway.

But that's the boarding school route which is separate. On the Aiden's tasks route, the twist is irrelevant since Sophia never finds out, with Sophia/Dylan carrying on as normal so that those shippers can get what they want.

And there's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that happens in all fiction, it just happens to be up to the individual reader what they're willing to accept. One of the reasons I don't play the Dylan or Sam routes is that I can't reconcile Sophia allowing Dylan and Sam to make technical fouls in the basketball game in the driveway. Especially when they're attempting to not to subtly grope her. And the fact that she's a sports teacher, so she sure as hell knows the rules. But that's my own opinion. Obviously differs from those playing either Dylan or Sam routes.
The rules to basketball, that's the thing that was a bridge too far? Not Dylan's teacher's blackmail? Or the movers making advances on Ellie in front of Sophia? What about Dylan not knowing how to swim, or grabbing Sophia's butt on the swing?

Nope, the thing that pushed you too far was the rules to basketball? "Hey, I can live with all this other stuff, but that's clearly a personal foul! Sophia should get two free throws, possession of the ball, and Sam should be ejected from the game. L&P doesn't know the rules to basketball, this breaks my immersion."

:) :) :)

I'm teasing you in good fun. That definitely is not the reason I expected.

And you're right, I was mixing the two scenarios but:

1) I'm under the impression that the twist existed in both scenarios, we just hadn't heard about it yet if you accepted Aiden's tasks. Now that it has been removed from the boarding school scenario it doesn't exist in either scenario. But that may actually make it easier for Dylan to have a redemption arc because now he really could use his training to confront the bully.

2) Whether or not you're on the Sophia/Dylan path or not, the Dylan twist is so severe that it isn't unimportant. Like him or not, Dylan is a major character in this game. I'd hate to have a major character that was so tarnished by the twist that he could never be redeemed. I think it's important, whether or not you're romancing Dylan, that he as a character gets the chance to turn it around- and that wasn't possible as long as the twist existed.

I also have had this thought about Dylan and his training to sort out Aiden but thought it was a bit too obvious solution for this and thought that Dylans training would be used for something else.
There are two chances to finish the Aiden blackmail one on day 20 playable day 13(the most comfortable solution)so I don't think Dylan will be involved in this one.The 2nd solution will be on day 25 playable 18 so Dylan could play a part in this but my personal opinion is Dylan will not be involved.
You have a point- but irregardless it was just an example. There needs to be something that Dylan does that he can show growth from. Maybe the training is too obvious, but at some point he as a character does need to show some growth and the Aiden storyline seems like the obvious place for it to happen.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020

The fact it's a betrayal he couldn't come back from is what I loved most about. Could write him out of story and never see him again on that path.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Holy cow you guys. For all of us bitching about L&P's release schedule, we should all be thankful we aren't the folks over at Dual Family.

In case you aren't paying attention, that crew has been waiting for Part X to be released since 2018. Today, at 8:30pm EST, the dev announced that he was (effectively) canceling Part X, and relaunching the game in January from Episode 1 and rebuilding it from the ground up. All because he decided that he "wanted to make a good game."

Like, holy hell...

horankao

Dec 18, 2020
I kinda liked it but was enjoying a playthrough playing good wife and then all the other stats sort up, particularly lesbians sort of bi or repressed lesbian. Seems however the game has ended for me with "to be continued" and I had sex with the husband who was up for baby then end. Also, I had an error in which if I went to peek in the locker room a second time as Dylan with the erotic yoga lesson when everyone saying good bye it had to be rolled back. I was hoping I have more play to work the lesbian stuff, a long game and get Dylan Marie. It just felt like some of the filthy scenarios were too implausible for any self respecting and logical woman, and other scenarios. Sophia isnt so dumb or shallow she go across town to shower in a locked gym to do her hair or take a subway with thugs about. Who the hell would let some punk black mail them for 12 actions or let a principal grope their ass? I guessing I have to be more implausible slutty to get more lesbian and other affairs. Seems like a limit is reached when you hit a certain stat number but not enough events to catch it up the main stat. Was hoping I get a high Good Wife and then get high Sam and Lesbian. You cant really catch up the others. So my first playthrough was more logical erotica which had some hot stuff especially lesbian stuff and husband sex.

Overall I enjoyed it and really like the characters but suppose need more erotic scenarios even for Good wife. I also don't see how it was filthy some of the stuff that made you filthy. I think I will play through again a more lesbian one and cougar one but I may keep hitting a limit because some of the scenarios Sophia as a character I could buy actually doing. Maybe more sexual things for Good Wife

Last edited:
Reactions: Alley_Cat

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I kinda liked it but was enjoying a playthrough playing good wife and then all the other stats sort up, particularly lesbians sort of bi or repressed lesbian. Seems however the game has ended for me with "to be continued" and I had sex with the husband who was up for baby then end. Also, I had an error in which if I went to peek in the locker room a second time as Dylan with the erotic yoga lesson when everyone saying good bye it had to be rolled back. I was hoping I have more play to work the lesbian stuff, a long game and get Dylan Marie. It just felt like some of the filthy scenarios were too implausible for any self respecting and logical woman, and other scenarios. Sophia isnt so dumb or shallow she go across town to shower in a locked gym to do her hair or take a subway with thugs about. Who the hell would let some punk black mail them for 12 actions or let a principal grope their ass? I guessing I have to be more implausible slutty to get more lesbian and other affairs. Seems like a limit is reached when you hit a certain stat number but not enough events to catch it up the main stat. Was hoping I get a high Good Wife and then get high Sam and Lesbian. You cant really catch up the others. So my first playthrough was more logical erotica which had some hot stuff especially lesbian stuff and husband sex.

Overall I enjoyed it and really like the characters but suppose need more erotic scenarios even for Good wife. I also don't see how it was filthy some of the stuff that made you filthy. I think I will play through again a more lesbian one and cougar one but I may keep hitting a limit because some of the scenarios Sophia as a character I could buy actually doing. Maybe more sexual things for Good Wife
Yep, sounds like you reached the end. But we're hopeful to get the next update by the end of the month, so your timing is good. Be warned, this game is not updated quickly.

I justify the Filthy wife path by figuring that Sophia is, deep down, a very submissive and sexual creature. She justifies her actions in all sorts of ways (many of which are flimsy excuses) but really she's just doing what she wants to do anyways. Otherwise, you're right that the scenarios can be pretty implausible.

Others can give you a detailed breakdown of the scoring system, but in case you were unsure the game doesn't require a certain amount of Good Wife, or Filthy Wife, points. It only requires that you have more of one than the other if you want to make certain choices.

Reactions: horankao
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes