Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Again, this is why you can't reveal something like this on one path and not the other because then it ruins the non-reveal path. Even if it wasn't going to have any further impact on the story, it inadvertently did by ruining Dylan's character and tainting his progress with Sophia on the non-boarding school path.
That is exactly what I mean! And that is not understood by dog and cat. Why? If it would have stayed with the twist and ended in this path anyway with Sophia/Dylan. We/I would have to think every time in an event with Dylan.... does this have anything to do with Aiden? Is Dylan up to evil? Or is he just doing this out of love for his mother?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
This is part of what I don't understand, because to my knowledge L&P stated it had no effect on the plot played by the people that wanted it removed.
Except that it sort of does. For those that didn't want to send Dylan away because they wanted to keep advancing that relationship, they would have to endure something that was started by the very character they wanted to not send away. The effect of knowing this, which could easily be gained by doing a different playthrough or reading about it on a forum such as this, is that it taints the perception of Dylan for those playing on that path where they kept him around, and so those who were rooting for this relationship but have that burden of knowledge were now suddenly no longer interested in or at least conflicted with continuing this relationship path.

It turned people against Dylan to the point where interest in his relationship was and could have continued to trend downwards, and considering he's a main character and one of Sophia's main relationship paths, that's not something you want to see happen, so it was better for L&P to nip it in the bud like they did before it got worse. Remember that Dylan placed as the most popular character when L&P did that poll last year. If they kept in that twist and conducted that poll again, he would have undoubtedly fallen very far down and that's likely why L&P took out that godawful twist.

Reactions: Hlextor

abram1

May 24, 2020
I understand how statistics work - and there are a variety of ways to have numbers 'tell' a story.

One could make the argument that 50% of those who selected other characters as their favorite also supported the removal of the twist. This would quite obviously put the % of remove the twist > % of do not remove the twist.

Since the poll was not - Do you approve of removing the twist yes/no, all anyone can do is spin the favorite character poll the way they want.

But, from a statistics perspective, if 1/3 or more of those who selected non-Dylan characters as their favorites supported removing the twist, then that would give us > 50% of the Patreons that supported removing the twist.
The very first sentence tells it all. "there are a variety of ways to have numbers 'tell' a story", do I need to add anything else to this?

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics. What I see in front of me are the far-fetched facts. Why only 50% of non-Dylan fanbase supporterts voted for the twist elimination and not 100%? What if none of them have chosen it as they are mostly playing different paths or merely don't care about Dylan in the first place?

What we know is that the backlash was real, it backfired at L&P so he had to undertake extreme measures by getting rid of that path. Everything else is pure speculation and that's why all of us are here, to pick this game to pieces.

Reactions: Hlextor

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
That is exactly what I mean! And that is not understood by dog and cat. Why? If it would have stayed with the twist and ended in this path anyway with Sophia/Dylan. We/I would have to think every time in an event with Dylan.... does this have anything to do with Aiden? Is Dylan up to evil? Or is he just doing this out of love for his mother?
I am more about Dylans attempt to seduce Sophia than anything else.
It doesn't really matter if they "Twist" stayed or not because the storyline ends Sophia's and Dylan's storyline as it is more about Dylan's attitude towards Amber.
So all you had to do was keep on accepting Aidens deal and Dylan would not be sent away so no boarding school route so no twist.

Last edited:

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
So all you had to do was keep on accepting Aidens deal and not send Dylan away.
Yes, dog. But knowing that Dylan set up this deal/twist with Aiden is the problem! You don't have any faith in Dylan anymore. And Sophia doesn't anymore anyway. So how can Dylan still be having sex with his mother after it came out? That's not real, is it? Sophia would have to have lost trust in Dylan forever. Maybe talk, yes. It's her son. But sex with him? Never ever.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Yes, dog. But knowing that Dylan set up this deal/twist with Aiden is the problem! You don't have any faith in Dylan anymore. And Sophia doesn't anymore anyway. So how can Dylan still be having sex with his mother after it came out? That's not real, is it? Sophia would have to have lost trust in Dylan forever. Maybe talk, yes. It's her son. But sex with him? Never ever.
Yes no sex with Dylan but that was the point of the boarding school route to kill it off ,the same with setting up Dylan and Emma.Also to open up events with Amber.
Once you sent Dylan away that stopped Dylan/Sophia route before the twist even came up,the boarding school route is still there its just that the twist is removed and the dialog concerning the twist never happened and also the deal with Aiden never happened.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The very first sentence tells it all. "there are a variety of ways to have numbers 'tell' a story", do I need to add anything else to this?

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics. What I see in front of me are the far-fetched facts. Why only 50% of non-Dylan fanbase supporterss voted for the twist elimination and not 100%? What if none of them have chosen it as they are mostly playing different paths or merely don't care about Dylan in the first place?

What we know is that the backlash was real, it backfired at L&P so he had to undertake extreme measures by getting rid of that path. Everything else is pure speculation and that's why all of us are here, to pick this game to pieces.
My point was simply to show that there are different ways to come up with a support/don't support % for the twist removal based on the assumptions made - responding to % quotes that are made on F95 regularly re: keep/remove the twist.

The math is real.

I was simply using different relative percentages to illustrate the fallacy of - Favorite Character poll shows minority/majority vote for removal of the twist.

L&P removed a flavor event - not a path. It did not change Dylan's status - still at boarding school, erotic story line with Sophia will not happen because of going to boarding school.

When Sophia sent Dylan to boarding school, she closed her path with him and opened up the Dylan/Amber path, nothing more.

Reactions: Old Dog

Kz87

Jun 19, 2017
It's quite silly argument, saying that if we didn't see then it hasn't happened. It could be easily revealed by Aiden himself later on, talking to Sophia like "You hate me for what I did, but it wasn't me who started this shit, seek for the problem from someone close to yourself".

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
L&P removed a flavor event - not a path. It did not change Dylan's status - still at boarding school, erotic story line with Sophia will not happen because of going to boarding school.

When Sophia sent Dylan to boarding school, she closed her path with him and opened up the Dylan/Amber path, nothing more.
I agree and this is exactly how I see it.
PaxHadrian17 did explain it better.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
I agree and this is exactly how I see it.
PaxHadrian17 did explain it better.
Yes, but that's how we know this twist/deal still exists in the Aiden path or other branches in general! We are aware that Dylan is behind the crap of Aiden. He is the cause! Dylan knows it, Sophia knows it and I as a player know it because I stupidly played the boarding school path! :cautious:
But he has removed it. Fortunately

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Seriously don't know how many times I have to explain this so people actually get it, but it did change Dylan's status. It also wasn't a "flavour event", it was a major shift in the plotline.

Even though that reveal happened on the boarding school path, it was still true on the other path as well. Players who found this out, either by playing this path or by seeing it here, rightly soured on both Dylan and on the path where they kept him at home which they were playing because they wanted to continue advancing this relationship. I myself honestly felt like I wanted Dylan to have no more to do with Sophia and was considering changing my main playthrough to one where she sends him away at the first opportunity because I despised what he had done and didn't want to see him be with Sophia anymore, and this is surely how others felt as well.

The problem L&P then faced was that more and more people could feel this way if they kept it in, and a character who once polled as the most popular character (Sophia not included) could have become one of the least liked characters in the whole game. To have that potentially happen to a main character and one of Sophia's main relationship paths because of a plot device that makes no sense was a mistake which was rightly removed.

It's quite silly argument, saying that if we didn't see then it hasn't happened. It could be easily revealed by Aiden himself later on, talking to Sophia like "You hate me for what I did, but it wasn't me who started this shit, seek for the problem from someone close to yourself".
Agreed. People seem to think the 2 paths are alternate realities, where in one Dylan was responsible and the other he wasn't, but he was responsible on both paths, and knowing that tainted and ruined the non-boarding school path.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
It would seem that the dev is starting off with two RTX 3090 for the next update.
I guess 4 would use one hell of a lot of watts as they can use up to 370 watt of power each.o_O

Reactions: wynlard

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Seriously don't know how many times I have to explain this so people actually get it, but it did change Dylan's status. It also wasn't a "flavour event", it was a major shift in the plotline.

Even though that reveal happened on the boarding school path, it was still true on the other path as well. Players who found this out, either by playing this path or by seeing it here, rightly soured on both Dylan and on the path where they kept him at home which they were playing because they wanted to continue advancing this relationship. I myself honestly felt like I wanted Dylan to have no more to do with Sophia and was considering changing my main playthrough to one where she sends him away at the first opportunity because I despised what he had done and didn't want to see him be with Sophia anymore, and this is surely how others felt as well.

The problem L&P then faced was that more and more people could feel this way if they kept it in, and a character who once polled as the most popular character (Sophia not included) could have become one of the least liked characters in the whole game. To have that potentially happen to a main character and one of Sophia's main relationship paths because of a plot device that makes no sense was a mistake which was rightly removed.

Agreed. People seem to think the 2 paths are alternate realities, where in one Dylan was responsible and the other he wasn't, but he was responsible on both paths, and knowing that tainted and ruined the non-boarding school path.
Holy Bacchus - I called it a flavor event because of how L&P was treating it.

I even posted this quote as a response I made earlier today:

"If the twist had been Ellie making this deal with Aiden and we discovered it when Sophia was spying on Ellie and Julia, I would have wanted the twist removed.

Those who dislike Dylan simply used it as their rallying cry for why it should be left in - which would then be justification to complain about EVERY neutral or positive interaction Sophia or Ellie had with Dylan for the rest of the VN.

There is no way to maintain a realistic journey with erotic growth between Sophia and anyone who did that!

The truth is - Liam's gambling issue and betting the house/putting the entire family at risk was downplayed by L&P in a very unrealistic fashion ..."

L&P was treating this reveal like a flavor event, not understanding the real impact this could and should have on the rest of the story arc (the way we experience it). It had no points assigned (not even -1 Dylan point or, more realistically, -25 or -50 points) and felt more like a 'bet you did not expect this' versus a 'with this reveal the entire story will now change dramatically).

Once he understood - he removed it.

My perspective - he's done this kind of reveal/event before but with less impact:

* Neil drugs Liam and Sophia and tries to force Sophia to have sex with him - but there is no real change in the relationship with Neil and Amber - not even a call to Amber.

There were no longer term consequences to Neil for this - as though it happened in a bubble and all is forgiven.

* Liam is not even kicked out of the bedroom for one night after gambling away the house and risking the family's security.

At the time this occurred, we didn't know that the Don would allow for a 'creative' financing solution.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Kodek,

I get that you don't like Dylan - that's fine - we each get to choose who we like/dislike.

But... your post comes across as much closer to a rant that I am used to seeing from you.

I like Dylan. I've never said he was perfect. Many of the Dylan fans have not made that claim.

If you can find a post of mine that says otherwise (the entire post versus a piece taken out of context - Kodek, you would not do this but there are some who dislike Dylan who would), please include it in your reply.

I like Dylan, I can empathize with him, and he's not perfect - just like the rest of the Parkers.

Each Parker - Sophia, Ellie, Dylan and Liam - has their imperfections.

So... they are human characters in a story and L&P is trying to create a more realistic, involved story.

The Twist was Flavor - no impact on the story - but still people camp out on this point.

Many of these people are the same ones who choose to have Dylan spy on the ladies during Yoga, say that this makes Dylan immature and unlikeable, and ignore the choice L&P gave each of us at the beginning of the Yoga event - spy or... Don't spy.

If you make an immature choice for Dylan - why would you possibly then use it to say you are justified in saying he is still making bad choices?

Again... check the mirror for the person making the choice.
And that's why i said 'fuckbois' and not fans. I respect that you and any other person like Dylan, Ellie, Sam, Patricia or whichever character they want as their favorite. But people who don't appear to accept that others don't like their character and say that they are bad in any way and they go on insulting other characters or other people opinions? That's the kind of people i tend to rant and snap on. Sorry if i made it seems otherwise, didn't mean it.

Also, i, personlly, really don't care much about the Twist as flavor or development, it wouldn't make a difference for me if it was on the game or not; i didn't even know about it before reading this thread. For me is more about L&P's principles than anything else. The fact that he removed the Twist without a majority going against it and, even more important, before all the fans had a chance to give their opinions, that's why i usually argue about this.

Last edited:

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
And for the most part I try not to troll. I'll admit I've slipped up a few times, particularly if I've had a few (Straya!!), but they usually get removed by the mods, and rightly so.

But with the time between updates, coupled with the complete lack of detail we get sometimes (I mean, why keep Larry's name a secret?), it's understandable that people will chat and discuss theories. And so I'll show evidence to back up or refute theories, so that when the time comes, we don't get as disappointed as we might have been otherwise. It's just unfortunate that with Dylan being the most popular character he gets discussed more, so results in some of the more wilder theories about events he features in. But yeah, having a reasonable discussion without being dismissed for "not liking Dylan", or just insulted is a refreshing change.

Which makes me curious, where are the Sam fans? Is it just that since he's not going to be in an event for a while that his fans are hibernating or something?

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
I’m a Sam fan been trying to get him some Sophia every chance I get. Hopefully his rock band performance turns her on & he can bring her backstage as long as the cuck (Liam) isn’t there. They can drink backstage or maybe she’ll already be a little tipsy before the after party. I actually think Sam might be the first guy to have sex with Sophia unless Larry gets a conjugal visit

sheatfish

Sep 17, 2019
It would seem that the dev is starting off with two RTX 3090 for the next update.
I guess 4 would use one hell of a lot of watts as they can use up to 370 watt of power each.o_O
370 watts x 4 pcs = 1480 watts per hour, or ~ 12 kW per day (8 hours working day), in Germany the cost of 1 kW ~ 0.345 euros (per day is ~ 4.2 euros.) The cost of 1 euros = 1.22 dollar.
He spends almost $ 5.12 a day on energy ???? or from 154 to 160 dollars per month,

Last edited:

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Holy Bacchus - I called it a flavor event because of how L&P was treating it.

I even posted this quote as a response I made earlier today:

"If the twist had been Ellie making this deal with Aiden and we discovered it when Sophia was spying on Ellie and Julia, I would have wanted the twist removed.

Those who dislike Dylan simply used it as their rallying cry for why it should be left in - which would then be justification to complain about EVERY neutral or positive interaction Sophia or Ellie had with Dylan for the rest of the VN.

There is no way to maintain a realistic journey with erotic growth between Sophia and anyone who did that!

The truth is - Liam's gambling issue and betting the house/putting the entire family at risk was downplayed by L&P in a very unrealistic fashion ..."

L&P was treating this reveal like a flavor event, not understanding the real impact this could and should have on the rest of the story arc (the way we experience it). It had no points assigned (not even -1 Dylan point or, more realistically, -25 or -50 points) and felt more like a 'bet you did not expect this' versus a 'with this reveal the entire story will now change dramatically).

Once he understood - he removed it.

My perspective - he's done this kind of reveal/event before but with less impact:

* Neil drugs Liam and Sophia and tries to force Sophia to have sex with him - but there is no real change in the relationship with Neil and Amber - not even a call to Amber.

There were no longer term consequences to Neil for this - as though it happened in a bubble and all is forgiven.

* Liam is not even kicked out of the bedroom for one night after gambling away the house and risking the family's security.

At the time this occurred, we didn't know that the Don would allow for a 'creative' financing solution.
Sophia should have at least kicked Neil in the balls and then dragged him by the balls as she threw him out of the house. Dylan making a deal with Aiden was more believable then how Sophia reacted to almost being roofied and raped.

Mulan2020

Nov 4, 2020
i have 2 questions friend,
1) with cheat mode, is it possible to go trough faster? to point straight to days?
2) with last 0115 v is there some new path? i mean in the middle? couse i didnt find any news trough, only at the end .. like sauna and morello. nothing more
tx

3.20 star(s) 462 Votes