Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Sophia takes her top off in the Yoga event without thinking about it and only afterwards realises no-one cared, so I think "2 updates ago" isn't quite accurate. If you play the Ellie and Patricia routes the progression makes sense.
oof, feeling like you being a bit too picky here. in the yoga event, she was going for a shower, assume that is the scene you referring to. it's a BIG difference from the sauna scene.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
oof, feeling like you being a bit too picky here. in the yoga event, she was going for a shower, assume that is the scene you referring to. it's a BIG difference from the sauna scene.
I have to agree that getting your boobs out in front of three male strangers in the sauna event is different from stripping off in front of females.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Is L&P teasing us or the story really requires this slow pace?

My points:

1. Does L&P delay intentionally the sex scenes?

- Alyssa and Sophia had an intense moment during the Sybian's scene and when they were getting closer, L&P decided that the boys should interrump in that exact moment. Same trick that he had already used when Sophia and Ellie were kissing in the shower. Why? We couldn't see not even some kissing and groping between them. Now we need to wait to more other scenes to justify Alyssa and Sophia having sex together.

View attachment 997986
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What do you think?
I think it's a balancing act. [It's another longish post people]. Some of the greatest writers have crammed their novels, scripts etc., with characters. I do feel, however, that AWAM has too many & have written on this thread a few times about which ones I think should be written out, which storylines ended & so on. This is all a matter of personal opinion, of course. There is an over-arching feature of good story-telling which impinges on all the various characters & storylines whatever that opinion may be & that is pacing. L&P can write well on occasion, as was shown by the Sophia/Alyssa event. [Dylan's legendary cock-blocking powers were in over-drive that day & with Zac's help, he only had to make a sound, not even put in a personal appearance, to destroy the erotic mood & tension that the Dev had created & with adults too. "Jolted" indeed!]. There's a balance to be found between the size of the cast, the number of storylines & pacing, which includes frequency of updates in the case of games/VNs.
I play some games where the updates have the same rate, or are even wider apart, than AWAM but don't forget who's who, or have to check back to see what plot-line has suddenly reappeared. That's because there are fewer all round, so the story is better paced. It's impossible to have the current rate (& size now) of updates & maintain a reasonable pace. Having played a number of games/VNs, I would say that AWAM has the worst pacing of any of them & by quite a distance. Your reference to Nathalie provides a good example. She was introduced as an interesting addition to the wider Parker family circle, presumably as a potential future lover for Sophia but it's been so long since her prescence that I don't really care if we ever see her again, with all due respect to Nathalie fans. Now, I'm sure that we all empathise with L&P's current IT problems, just as we all know how RL issues occur & put the best laid plans on hold. These matters are not the issue here. IMO the game needs an adjustment for its' own good. Whether the huge cast of characters & multiple story branches are there partly for 'milking' purposes, or possibly to fill in space where writer's block might have otherwise occured, I'll leave for others to decide. I do believe, though, that the game is out of balance & that this is something which can & should be fixed & could be in everyone's interest.

Reactions: ashitanojoe

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
Also, I realize there was the prison visit scene but I not seen that yet as I don't do Morella side of AWAM but I believe she flashed her ass to the guy and other people were in the area as well.
She flashed her bare breasts as well, but i don't think anybody else have noticed except Morello's cousin/brother (i forgot which one he is!)

And the sauna scene is something i just can't get my head around to accept that just happened! I play straight incest route and it still don't make sense to me how she went topless before a bunch of strangers she just met.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I have to agree that getting your boobs out in front of three male strangers in the sauna event is different from stripping off in front of females.
Of course it's different. My only point is that it's a progression, and a smoother progression if you're doing the Ellie and Patricia routes. From being uncomfortable naked in front of Patricia in the shower at the gym, to being uncomfortable seeing three guys naked in the shower, to being comfortable naked in front of Ellie, to being caught by Liam naked with Ellie and nothing happened, to being comfortable naked in front of a group of women, to being comfortable naked in front of a women and a group of men.

If Vicky wasn't there, I don't imagine she would have felt comfortable at all.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
And the sauna scene is something i just can't get my head around to accept that just happened! I play straight incest route and it still don't make sense to me how she went topless before a bunch of strangers she just met.
To me it was an important step in the right direction for her corruption.

But that said, I think if the scene had been written better most people wouldn't have had a problem with it. I bitched about it when the update came out, but I'm still upset by it. While not every scene can be like the Ellie/Julia/Sophia pool scene in terms of quality, I think the sauna scene was L&P at his weakest. The entire scene was poorly constructed; the writing was weak, it used the bare minimum renders possible, and overall it felt rushed. I have never felt before that L&P mishandled a scene, but I was never more bored than when clicking through the uninspired sauna scene. While the renders are as nice as ever, the scene really turns into a drag when DeShawn and Sophia have a "conversation". I say "conversation" because really it was just the narrator telling us about their conversation and that it was good. Then, when we finally do get some payoff, it was short and lame even by AWAM standards. I wasn't expecting a full-on sex show, but literally two more renders would have gone a long way. Instead, it was something like 5 renders from when Sophia finds them having sex, to when she interrupts them and they stop.

The scene felt like an encapsulation of every single issue I've ever had with this game.

truerty

Dec 30, 2018

But that said, I think if the scene had been written better most people wouldn't have had a problem with it. I bitched about it when the update came out, but I'm still upset by it. While not every scene can be like the Ellie/Julia/Sophia pool scene in terms of quality, I think the sauna scene was L&P at his weakest. The entire scene was poorly constructed; the writing was weak, it used the bare minimum renders possible, and overall it felt rushed. I have never felt before that L&P mishandled a scene, but I was never more bored than when clicking through the uninspired sauna scene. While the renders are as nice as ever, the scene really turns into a drag when DeShawn and Sophia have a "conversation". I say "conversation" because really it was just the narrator telling us about their conversation and that it was good. Then, when we finally do get some payoff, it was short and lame even by AWAM standards. I wasn't expecting a full-on sex show, but literally two more renders would have gone a long way. Instead, it was something like 5 renders from when Sophia finds them having sex, to when she interrupts them and they stop.

The scene felt like an encapsulation of every single issue I've ever had with this game.
So true. Those are precisely the problems i had with it. Even though I've always wanted L&P to progress faster with his narrative, this one time i wish he had taken it a bit slower.

Reactions: Bane71

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

When you say "it used the bare minimum renders possible", that's probably intentional. The one complaint that has pervaded this game since the beginning is that it contains a whole bunch of renders that don't lead to sex. Even today I noticed a post asserting that the upcoming update is going to just be walking and talking.

So in terms of characters that patrons barely care about, the Vicky event is likely to be the one that L&P can pare down without it adversely effecting anything. As far as I can tell, doing the scene makes no difference to any of the routes yet. You'd probably need to be playing all four Filthy routes for it to even make sense, much like Sophia's actions in the prison event. Her fantasies about Larry make no sense on the lesbian route, but I imagine make more sense playing the Dylan route with Sophia finding out what MILF means and pondering about gangbangs.

Time will probably tell if L&P can find the right balance between having enough renders to be showing Sophia's progression and storyline (and not telling), with keeping renders down

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
So true. Those are precisely the problems i had with it. Even though I've always wanted L&P to progress faster with his narrative, this one time i wish he had taken it a bit slower.
Oh god no, I do not think it should have been slower. I think it was great that we got progress in the scene. My issue was that the progress was boring, poorly written, and uninspired. Sophia exposing herself and catching Vicky and DeShawn having sex and not being upset by that, those were all good developments. But the exposition during the scene was soooo painfully boring that it was hard to care.

When you say "it used the bare minimum renders possible", that's probably intentional. The one complaint that has pervaded this game since the beginning is that it contains a whole bunch of renders that don't lead to sex. Even today I noticed a post asserting that the upcoming update is going to just be walking and talking.

So in terms of characters that patrons barely care about, the Vicky event is likely to be the one that L&P can pare down without it adversely effecting anything. As far as I can tell, doing the scene makes no difference to any of the routes yet. You'd probably need to be playing all four Filthy routes for it to even make sense, much like Sophia's actions in the prison event. Her fantasies about Larry make no sense on the lesbian route, but I imagine make more sense playing the Dylan route with Sophia finding out what MILF means and pondering about gangbangs.

Time will probably tell if L&P can find the right balance between having enough renders to be showing Sophia's progression and storyline (and not telling), with keeping renders down
I'll admit that I sometimes think L&P is supperflouous with the renders. But this was one time that I thought he went too far in the other direction. I did a deeper analysis of the scene the day after the update was released, but the conversation between DeShawn and Sophia was something like 16 clicks that alternated between two (2!) images. This was after a shorter conversation that was something like 8 clicks between 2 images. For that reason, it was boring to look at. But the writing was even worse because it skipped over the conversation we should have had (one where we learn about Sophia and DeShawn) in order to have a boring conversation where Sophia relates a series of facts that we as the player already know. Yes, she's married. Yes, she's a teacher. Yes, she has kids. Blah blah blah.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Oh god no, I do not think it should have been slower. I think it was great that we got progress in the scene. My issue was that the progress was boring, poorly written, and uninspired. Sophia exposing herself and catching Vicky and DeShawn having sex and not being upset by that, those were all good developments. But the exposition during the scene was soooo painfully boring that it was hard to care.

I'll admit that I sometimes think L&P is supperflouous with the renders. But this was one time that I thought he went too far in the other direction. I did a deeper analysis of the scene the day after the update was released, but the conversation between DeShawn and Sophia was something like 16 clicks that alternated between two (2!) images. This was after a shorter conversation that was something like 8 clicks between 2 images. For that reason, it was boring to look at. But the writing was even worse because it skipped over the conversation we should have had (one where we learn about Sophia and DeShawn) in order to have a boring conversation where Sophia relates a series of facts that we as the player already know. Yes, she's married. Yes, she's a teacher. Yes, she has kids. Blah blah blah.
If the feedback of the Vicky event from patrons isn't great, then L&P will know he overshot the mark, and can correct for the next update. My point is that overshooting and fucking up an event that the majority probably aren't playing anyway, and those that are, probably only doing for completeness isn't going to drastically effect the gameplay of patrons as much as it would if it was a Dylan or Ellie event. And gives him the opportunity to hopefully find a balance in time for the Dylan event upcoming.

guys, stupid question but were the character models changed somehow?
In various ways, yes. Sophia's boob size varies between updates. And Ellie changed hairstyles recently. But L&P has also been changing his post-production lately too.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020

I absolutely agree with you about the sauna scene! L&P blurred the scene and almost ruined it. He was probably in a hurry, but that's no excuse. Wish it could have been a much more interesting, erotic scene.

Jessie

Apr 26, 2017
Well the next update is my last if Dylan don’t get to hit it at least 1 time I’m tired of the tease and please be patient cause I got issues BS developers with less money and equipment are putting out faster and more action too

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
Well the next update is my last if Dylan don’t get to hit it at least 1 time I’m tired of the tease and please be patient cause I got issues BS developers with less money and equipment are putting out faster and more action too
YEAH... what he said

• Haha
Reactions: Hlextor

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The only chance of Dylan "hitting it" next update is if Marie makes a surprise appearance. With Sophia, that's not likely for around a decade.

Reactions: Jude6 and cakeny
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes