Catherine1972

Oct 4, 2020
There are only those left here who really love AWAM and support it in whatever way, only words or other encouragement. Critics, comments from those who will play in 20 minutes because the "skip" button is their best friend will come back to the next update. :D

Lust&Pateron

Dec 17, 2020
There is no official contract about that. Patreon support a guy, not a work.
That is where a lot of people is mistaken. I was at first until I was explained what patronage really means. :)
Which goes back to my original comment, he's ripping of his patrons.

He promised a complete game within 10,000 renders. He's extended and extended renders and paths for no real reason, that adds no real context other than "filter pieces" and as such has delayed so that the game won't be completed anytime soon.

How can you not seen that, this is a business model to rip of his loyal patrons?

• Angry
Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

He promised a complete game within 10,000 renders. He's extended and extended renders and paths for no real reason, that adds no real context other than "filter pieces" and as such has delayed so that the game won't be completed anytime soon.

How can you not seen that, this is a business model to rip of his loyal patrons?
Have you seen the quality of typical "rip-off" games? Because they're never anywhere close to this. The sheer level of quality shows that this is not a "rip-off" game, but a resource-intensive one and one that has a high level of ambition behind it.

It does move slower than pretty much all of us would like and is bloated with too many side stories, but the level of effort that goes in to make it look so stunning is more likely the reason why it takes so long because quality like this can't be done quickly by just one person.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Have you seen the quality of typical "rip-off" games? Because they're never anywhere close to this. The sheer level of quality shows that this is not a "rip-off" game, but a resource-intensive one and one that has a high level of ambition behind it.

It does move slower than pretty much all of us would like and is bloated with too many side stories, but the level of effort that goes in to make it look so stunning is more likely the reason why it takes so long because quality like this can't be done quickly by just one person.
Currently, there is one high-quality "rip-off" game that I can think of right now, and I don't know how this Patron maintains their member count since their last update was almost one and a half years ago and makes promises of new updates.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So agree about the speed of AWAM and how L&P communicates his thoughts about speeding up the release of the updates and then falls short of his plan for updates, but so far, L&P has released updates compare to the spoiler.

abram1

May 24, 2020

I may easily play the role of devil's lawyer, but I'll pass on this temptation. My dude, this dev works all by himself, which is a biggest drawback and the sole reason of inconsistency.
If you wanna know what a rip off is or feels like, welcome to this thread. That dumpster has been of fire for months now. The quality of ICSTOR's excuses is so abysmal that it's funny in its own way. I can only salute and be amazed by the stubbornes of his patrons.
Would you be so kind to show his exact words, where "he promised" to finish his game in the X amount of renders? Promises doesn't equal intentions and the latter is subject to change.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
I may easily play the role of devil's lawyer, but I'll pass on this temptation. My dude, this dev works all by himself, which is a biggest drawback and the sole reason of inconsistency.
If you wanna know what a rip off is or feels like, welcome to this thread. That dumpster has been of fire for months now. The quality of ICSTOR's excuses is so abysmal that it's funny in its own way. I can only salute and be amazed by the stubbornes of his patrons.
Would you be so kind to show his exact words, where "he promised" to finish his game in the X amount of renders? Promises doesn't equal intentions and the latter is subject to change.
I don't know if you can say this was a "Promised", but I guess you could say this is what he promoted when he was advertising and posting here on F95 a couple of years ago.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-115-lust-passion.5944/page-260#post-924649

Last edited:

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I don't know if you can say this was a "Promised", but I guess you could say this is what he promoted when he was advertising and posting here on F95 a couple of years ago.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-115-lust-passion.5944/page-260#post-924649
Plans and promises are different substances. He planned to do so, but the work on the project made its own adjustments and as a result we have what we have. Of course you can blame him for this. But how will reproaches help someone?

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Plans and promises are different substances. He planned to do so, but the work on the project made its own adjustments and as a result we have what we have. Of course you can blame him for this. But how will reproaches help someone?
This is why I put the word "Promises" in quotes, but if you read what he typed again.

1613740749103.png

Where do you see the uses of the word plan??? I see the word definitely.

abram1

May 24, 2020

We all can say ciao or adiós to those plans now. He himself had no idea that the game would become that popular. So he's adjusting accordingly. Can we blame him for that? He's earning his money fair and square.
Idk if the final product would be labeled as 1.00, but the upcoming 0.135 looks kinda ... spooky.
Even if the whole playable day is a decimal, god help us all till it's done.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
We all can say ciao or adiós to those plans now. He himself had no idea that the game would become that popular. So he's adjusting accordingly. Can we blame him for that? He's earning his money fair and square.
Idk if the final product would be labeled as 1.00, but the upcoming 0.135 looks kinda ... spooky.
I have no arguments about how he chooses to make his money. If his Patreon or future Patreon members wish to donate to his account to promote the game, then that is their choice. You asked a question, and I answered it. But the main point was his communication skills are horrible. He didn't really have a good plan to execute his visual novel until three years later when he explained his plan, which I still doubt that L&P will finish AWAM.

I don't think there will be much to this upcoming update. I'm sure the big event will be in the evening with the other guy.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Julius Ash

Sep 26, 2017
There is no official contract about that. Patreon support a guy, not a work.
That is where a lot of people is mistaken. I was at first until I was explained what patronage really means. :)
Support a guy for what? Don't be silly, if i give money to you, I'm expecting something in return, patreon is not a charitable institution. Patreon is business and when business is involved you must deliver to the lenders a product without using excuses to justify your failure in product development. About 3 years ago L&P was literally crying because of lack of support, at that time I posted my first message on this thread trying to encourage people to support him, at that time i was supporting him on patreon, when money start to flow as a river things changed. The Dev effort become very light always using excuses to explain the drop of the progression of the product. If this dev want to be loyal to his patreons, the solution is very simple, stop the pledging during the months in which no update is released. There is people that is honest and people that is greedy, i think that Dev is positioned in this second group.

Julius Ash

Sep 26, 2017
Agree to disagree.
Does any of the patrons signs up any paperwork before starting to support anyone on Patreon? No.
Maybe potential patrons making some kind of verbal agreement? Highly unlikely.

What does a patron do? The same some of them did during the Renaissance era. They are sort of a helping hand for the artists. Some stay no matter what. Others, having built imaginary castles deep down themselves and seeing that the content developer doesn't meet their expectations, leave. There's always a choice.

Therefore, none of the creators is obliged to anyone in any way. Don't like what you see - vote with your wallet. They may listen to the feedback, but the final decision is upon them.

L&P's initial plan was to finish this game with around 10k renders, if I'm not mistaken, which is pretty damn close to what we have at the moment. But once you've discovered a goldmine like AWAM, you may course correct the whole project from the ground up.

The very first update was basically a bait, to see, how the audience would react to it. People liked it, and he moved on to expand and improve the game in all the ways possible. I'd say 10 years or 2027 is a very optimistic scenario, considering we're barely 40% through the story and his ambitions are prevailing over him.
You are wrong, during the reinassance era, the artists has been supported by only one patreon that took care totally of patreoned expences, for sample look at Lorenzo De Medici and Benvenuto Cellini. Patreon system used for the support of this indy developers is really different, you give to the dev some money just to help him in the developement but the dev must give you something back. Almost all Dev make promise, but is easy to discover that after money earnings start to increase, the dev effort becomes inversely proportional to revenue. I suggest to make some research on the matter, will be easy for you to discover that this is true.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
This is why I put the word "Promises" in quotes, but if you read what he typed again.

View attachment 1043999

Where do you see the uses of the word plan??? I see the word definitely.
My friend, I am not a lawyer for the L&P. I'm just talking about understandable topics. After all, you are an intelligent person and you understand very well that then L&P was only at the beginning of the road. In addition, I believe that he is quite young and inexperienced, unlike many here. Therefore, despite the controversial product that he creates, he commands my respect and I believe he deserves it much more than many of his critics. How do you think?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
For all of you that continuously talk about quality, I just want to clarify that here we are not talking about Leonardo da Vinci, most of the job is made from a PC, nothing is really created from Devs, they work only on pre-exsisting models.
The quality isn't simply in the character models, that's a very narrow way of looking at it. The quality is in the other aesthetics, like the lighting, the environment design, the micro-expressions on the faces, the subtle body language and changes in body positioning, etc. These are what truly give this game its quality because L&P does very much seem to be trying to make the world in which this is set as realistic as possible with characters that look (in terms of expressions and body language) much more like real people than they do in most other games, and environments that look like they could be real.

A lot seems to go into custom designing in this game as I've seen props in rooms that belong to several different DAZ assets and I doubt L&P has ever used a preset pose because the posing of these characters looks entirely customised by them. All of that takes time and effort, as does making the lighting look as real as possible, so there's a lot of manual tinkering that goes on to make this game look as good as it does and it's not like other games that just slap together a bunch of preset characters, environments, poses, and lighting and put little effort into it.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
For all of you that continuously talk about quality, I just want to clarify that here we are not talking about Leonardo da Vinci, most of the job is made from a PC, nothing is really created from Devs, they work only on pre-exsisting models.
Yes Yes! Nothing is created by the developer, he uses previously created ones! And the game just like that, accidentally became so popular! This is not L&P merit!
I do not know the reasons why you give such ratings to L&P, but I am at a loss! What have you lost here? L&P and we, AWAM fans, are not worthy of your attention.
You need to leave your reviews in the world's galleries, not here.

But right, what kind of snobbery? Keep it simple. Of course AWAM is not a high art, but it has the right to exist, this is confirmed by those who support it financially and not only.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
My friend, I am not a lawyer for the L&P. I'm just talking about understandable topics. After all, you are an intelligent person and you understand very well that then L&P was only at the beginning of the road. In addition, I believe that he is quite young and inexperienced, unlike many here. Therefore, despite the controversial product that he creates, he commands my respect and I believe he deserves it much more than many of his critics. How do you think?
I understand you were looking at this from another point of view, but I was trying to point out the flaws here and answer a question asked by abram1. He was indeed in the infant stages of AWAM when he made that statement. Still, I have seen people try to help him with Constructive Criticism to improve his visual novel and help him grow as a developer, but the problem with L&P is he didn't look at it as Constructive Criticism. L&P took it as a personal attack on him, and he started lashing out. Now, I will say some attacks on here were uncalled for, but there were people on here who tried to help him generally, and unfortunately, he alienated those people, which could be due to his young age and his OCD condition.

I'm more of a mid-level person and say that I would praise him when I think he implements some good and criticize him constructively when I feel he implemented something wrong. so I wouldn't say he commands my respect. He could earn my respect if he listened to people who try to offer advice or a different way of looking at things that might be a better process than what he is currently operating under right now. He doesn't have to take the advice, but listen to it could go a long way, and don't flip out when someone constructively criticizes him.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I understand you were looking at this from another point of view, but I was trying to point out the flaws here and answer a question asked by abram1. He was indeed in the infant stages of AWAM when he made that statement. Still, I have seen people try to help him with Constructive Criticism to improve his visual novel and help him grow as a developer, but the problem with L&P is he didn't look at it as Constructive Criticism. L&P took it as a personal attack on him, and he started lashing out. Now, I will say some attacks on here were uncalled for, but there were people on here who tried to help him generally, and unfortunately, he alienated those people, which could be due to his young age and his OCD condition.

I'm more of a mid-level person and say that I would praise him when I think he implements some good and criticize him constructively when I feel he implemented something wrong. so I wouldn't say he commands my respect. He could earn my respect if he listened to people who try to offer advice or a different way of looking at things that might be a better process than what he is currently operating under right now. He doesn't have to take the advice, but listen to it could go a long way, and don't flip out when someone constructively criticizes him.
I also understand you and agree with you. But I'm not upset because of criticism of L&P and AWAM, but I get upset when I see rudeness and rudeness.
No matter what your age, you speak judiciously and try to be objective. Therefore, I am sure that you will agree with me and understand me.
We can call criticism constructive, but you must admit that it is always a subjective concept.
Consequently, the evaluator of any criticism is the object to which it is directed, that is, the L&P.
If he had been experienced enough, he would probably have been able to extract reasonable elements from criticism.
But how do we know that he is not learning from criticism? I suppose it does. But one thing is certain, he cannot satisfy all requests at the same time, it is not possible.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes