abram1

May 24, 2020
I have no arguments about how he chooses to make his money. If his Patreon or future Patreon members wish to donate to his account to promote the game, then that is their choice. You asked a question, and I answered it. But the main point was his communication skills are horrible. He didn't really have a good plan to execute his visual novel until three years later when he explained his plan, which I still doubt that L&P will finish AWAM.

I don't think there will be much to this upcoming update. I'm sure the big event will be in the evening with the other guy.
Who would've been that naive to suppose that the product of that scale will be ready 2-3 years from the aforementioned time period, when the game's state was at 0.06 and X/30 days? That's called marketing and yeah, that's not his best feature.

You are wrong, during the reinassance era, the artists has been supported by only one patreon that took care totally of patreoned expences, for sample look at Lorenzo De Medici and Benvenuto Cellini. Patreon system used for the support of this indy developers is really different, you give to the dev some money just to help him in the developement but the dev must give you something back. Almost all Dev make promise, but is easy to discover that after money earnings start to increase, the dev effort becomes inversely proportional to revenue. I suggest to make some research on the matter, will be easy for you to discover that this is true.
In Spanish there's a proverb "piensa mal y acertarás" which roughly can be translated as "think bad and you'll be right''. That's your case. Comparing Medici to the Patreon patrons is bollocks. I'm talking about the concept of support as a whole. There are not that many folks with deep pockets, who would single-handedly form a retirement plan for any content creator.

And why do you think the development process slows down? Because someone has so much cash that he starts to wipe his butt with it or coz he gets better hardware and puts his efforts into this route?

I've no bias on this matter. Neither a patron, nor being paid by L&P (if you'll read this, perhaps you should, huh?). Don't give a flying fuck, whether AWAM is done in 2 or 22 years from now. Wanna relieve yourself? There're so much better options than this VN, but you know that already, sure hope you do. He's not a Da Vinci, but neither you're a Mona Lisa. Be humble and have a sense of humor and irony. Am I right or am I right?

Last edited:

brt654

Dec 29, 2019
Let's see the first point: if I take a piece of silver paper and transform it into a hat, that is art. This man this L&P is creating a story and creating very good renderings ... he is making art. Second point - the speed of development: I have been following the development of a game called Titanic: honor and glory and soon it will be 10 years of its development and it is far from over but they are still working on it and it is not a gta They are making the ship so that people can see it in virtual reality and walk around it. To what I am going, it is not so easy to create a game, not because it is a visual novel, it has to be simpler and more when it is done by a single person.They told me that hoghwarts legacy was coming out this year and the end is for next year. Everyone has problems and many want their product to come out as polished as possible.
Third point: if you don't like how its development works, don't pay and that's it. For example, if this developer stopped giving signs of life for 6 months or more, I would stop supporting it and that's it, it's that simple. Whoever thinks that it is easier and faster to do it himself and earn money! As I have seen a fanart, bad renderings, without any type of substance, or any type of tension, it was come to fuck
Finally sorry for the English google translator. I don't know if the norm in this forum is to speak in English, but out of respect I don't do it in my Spanish language. Greetings to everyone, every day I get home from work, I read you, you make me have a good time haha

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I don't know if you can say this was a "Promised", but I guess you could say this is what he promoted when he was advertising and posting here on F95 a couple of years ago.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-115-lust-passion.5944/page-260#post-924649
I remember how some reacted on some predictions that the game will need more than 10 years.
Now it seems many will have to apologies to those seers:)

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If I were you I would probably smash myself for comparing for comparing HS with AWAM. May be create some fake accounts just to facepalm your own post.
It honestly baffles me how people can look at other games that update quickly and say, "see, if this game can do it why not AWAM?", and then you look at that game and see the much lower difference in quality.

I'm a fan of Haley's Story, have played it since it was probably about 1/4 of where it is now, but it is not comparable to AWAM since HS uses a lot of presets like poses, lighting, environments, etc, and it is a very simple, linear plot with only one major branch and each update has very few renders in it. A game like that can easily update once every month, but AWAM cannot.

I'm sure we'd all like this game to update quicker, but even if L&P dropped all the side stories and only left in her family as well as Sam, Alyssa, Zac, and Julia, it still would take months to complete each update because of the quality they put in to the renders.

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
IMO, L&P has start this game as a movie. And a movie needs all this setup, all these images that introduce us in the atmosphere of the movie. Was very good, but resources are needed for this, a lot. Lately he has made some changes, but I think, more than that, it would kill the story.
like one of those old 80s movies, where the kid finally nails the maid/cheufer(or his mom) at the end? :sneaky:

Reactions: RupturedDuck

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
When you spend about 1 second reading text, does the quality of render matter? I don't think so. Maybe I am the exception but I'm not investigating every render for flaws.
It's not about looking for flaws, it's just about the ability to distinguish "good enough" from "amazing" in terms of render quality. HS is in that "good enough" category because it's basic, whereas AWAM is in the "amazing" category because of the incredible real-to-life detail that goes into it.

And yes, the quality can indeed matter because I find that when a game has higher quality renders, the more engaging it is because it gives it a much more visceral feel when the renders almost real-to-life.

The story matters, so does the progression of the story and the regular updates. An example halay and Anna updates at late are too short for me content wise, so I'd be happy with a longer cycle with more content. But LP is nearly a 9 month cycle per day. Its just not good enough
Story does indeed matter, I'll agree on that, and perhaps that's where a flaw in this game lies. I don't mind a slow burn story and I do like the slow burn of seeing Sophia change from a buttoned-up, prudish Mom into a sexual beast who wants to explore her sexuality and sexual taboos because people don't change their views and proclivities that quickly, but I think that having her be so prudish at the start may have been a problem.

Sophia seems like someone who's always been a prude and not someone who was a bit wild in her younger years and fully went into 'Mom mode' when she got married and had kids. As such, it takes so much more to corrupt and change her sexual views as a result which is why she seems to require so much different stimuli from many different angles leading to all these characters being in the game. But if she had had a wild side when she was younger, the vast majority of these characters wouldn't have been needed and it could still be a good slow burn, realistic game without them.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't support him
I'm a bad boy for breakin' his account
And I'm free, free fapping
Yeah I'm free, free fapping
That's fine. I have said before and I will say it again.

I don't support the dev and can't support the dev given his release schedule. I have no problems with someone rationally criticising the dev's release schedule. What gets me annoyed is the childish accusations of milking and extortion or being ripped off.

So yeah, I guess I am also free fapping too.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes