Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
At 4 months per update, the end of playable day 16 will be released around August 2025 and playable day 19 at July 2028. These are of course rough estimates, since we don't know how complicated the future events will be.
Which puts playable day 30 around 2038. Wow.

Reactions: Jude6

Ivrol

Sep 26, 2018
Isn't there a rich guy here who can buy this story from L&P, then hire him to finish writing the story and hire a couple of developers who can do the renders way faster?
He gets minimum 3000 dollars by month, multiply by the years of development, thats alot of money: minimum 300k dollars by his story.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
It's funny that nobody here stopped playing this game because they considered the first renders were bad. Everybody continued the story to the point of meet the new renders quality, which take a lot more time to make.

So, the question is:

Would you have preferred remaining with the old renders quality and having the double amount of content by now? Or do you prefer having the new renders quality despite of the slow development?
For all the beauty and quality of the extreme drawings, I would choose more history, quick update.

In addition, the quality of the renders can be improved after the game is completed. Then it will not be so critical.

Isn't there a rich guy here who can buy this story from L&P, then hire him to finish writing the story and hire a couple of developers who can do the renders way faster?
If finances allowed me, I would do just that. But unfortunately, my account, both in the bank and in the bitcoin wallet, is not of that level.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It was a mistake to upscale to 1080p. The graphics were already good a couple updates ago, we didn't need all the bells and whistles that he's added. I've said before that L&P is an artist first and foremost, he isn't a game designer. He's so hung up on the art that he has lost track of the larger game that the images are supposed to serve. I can see L&P becoming a creator that just makes single images and sells them on Patreon. He's most comfortable when he's spending hours on a single image tweaking the lighting or the placement of pigeons. Everything else, including the story, is secondary.

Tennyson@

Dec 31, 2020
At 4 months per update, the end of playable day 16 will be released around August 2025 and playable day 19 at July 2028. These are of course rough estimates, since we don't know how complicated the future events will be.
So it will take 7-8 years from the beginning of the game to reach its first sex scene on corruption route:(

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I was going to say, four months sounds optimistic right now. Unless L&P gets major pushback from his Patrons, I think he will continue to stretch the development cycles. I still hesitate to use the word "milker" because I don't think he's milking people, but until he gets pushback his only incentive is to keep doing what he wants to do. If that means spending a whole week on a single image he'll do it unless his Patrons get pissed. From where I sit right now, I think we'll only get two updates this year. If that happens, and nothing changes from L&P, 2022 could see similar output.

I think 2021 is shaping up to be a critical year for this game. Not only do we see the game itself taking a radical turn in how it presents Sophia, but we're also seeing an evolution in its development. I think we're at an inflection point in which the game can either hit its stride with regular releases, or it can begin to grind to a halt. A month ago I didn't think this game was in danger of being abandoned, but I would be a liar if I said there aren't warning signs now.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I was going to say, four months sounds optimistic right now. Unless L&P gets major pushback from his Patrons, I think he will continue to stretch the development cycles. I still hesitate to use the word "milker" because I don't think he's milking people, but until he gets pushback his only incentive is to keep doing what he wants to do. If that means spending a whole week on a single image he'll do it unless his Patrons get pissed. From where I sit right now, I think we'll only get two updates this year. If that happens, and nothing changes from L&P, 2022 could see similar output.

I think 2021 is shaping up to be a critical year for this game. Not only do we see the game itself taking a radical turn in how it presents Sophia, but we're also seeing an evolution in its development. I think we're at an inflection point in which the game can either hit its stride with regular releases, or it can begin to grind to a halt. A month ago I didn't think this game was in danger of being abandoned, but I would be a liar if I said there aren't warning signs now.
Regarding being abandoned, this game has been showing those signs since last year.
The dev himself won't address the "this game will only be finished in 20 years at this rate" issue and if he had any intention of finishing this VN he would have already made changes to its development. So far the changes he makes are always in a way that it stretches development even more.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I actually think the whole story is at a very good pace on all paths if you read through what's there now. The sense that the story is moving slowly is strictly a function of the time between releases. It's messing with our heads.

Reactions: Hlextor

Tennyson@

Dec 31, 2020
I actually think the whole story is at a very good pace on all paths if you read through what's there now. The sense that the story is moving slowly is strictly a function of the time between releases. It's messing with our heads.
You are correct I think he should take a year between releases of the update by this he can add 2-3 playable together in a single update which will be much better than just 5-6 minutes of gameplay we are getting now per update

Reactions: Talcum Powder

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Agree that the symptoms are all there. Not saying it's all over and we won't see anything else from this game, but it's hard to imagine another two years of development and we're looking at only two more days in the life. At some point, surely, L&P will have to evaluate the situation and make a decision about how to proceed.

I can't help but think of GRRM and A Song of Ice and Fire. Let's first remember that the original pitch was for an epic trilogy. The whole thing was really tight in book one, book two was less tight and had new characters and storylines. By Storm of Swords everything was getting more and more detail intensive, storylines and locations grew, new characters came into play, and well, book four became two books, book five became part 2 of book four and another several hundred pages from that were pushed into book six which is now what, 11 years in the coming?

Like AWAM, I really think ASOIAF is fantastic, engrossing and I am anxiously awaiting the next release. And like ASOIAF, I'm becoming ever less optimistic that AWAM will ever be finished.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
You are correct I think he should take a year between releases of the update by this he can add 2-3 playable together in a single update which will be much better than just 5-6 minutes of gameplay we are getting now per update
Of all the ideas about speeding things up, I think this may be the best yet. If L&P were looking at things in much larger chunks it might actually help to streamline things - realize they don't need so much detail (dialogue and inner monologue) in every single scene, they'd probably learn to better appreciate the story for what it is rather than focusing with ever more intensity on a single image and what it is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I play just about every route (even the GW for fuck's sake) for the simple reason that I want more than 5-6 minutes of gameplay per update...

Last edited:

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
Agree that the symptoms are all there. Not saying it's all over and we won't see anything else from this game, but it's hard to imagine another two years of development and we're looking at only two more days in the life. At some point, surely, L&P will have to evaluate the situation and make a decision about how to proceed.

I can't help but think of GRRM and A Song of Ice and Fire. Let's first remember that the original pitch was for an epic trilogy. The whole thing was really tight in book one, book two was less tight and had new characters and storylines. By Storm of Swords everything was getting more and more detail intensive, storylines and locations grew, new characters came into play, and well, book four became two books, book five became part 2 of book four and another several hundred pages from that were pushed into book six which is now what, 11 years in the coming?

Like AWAM, I really think ASOIAF is fantastic, engrossing and I am anxiously awaiting the next release. And like ASOIAF, I'm becoming ever less optimistic that AWAM will ever be finished.
I started ASOIF at book 2... I am like... its... how do I ... shit!!!
Why do I do this to myself!!!

Reactions: m4pII

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

You know, this may actually be a fair comparison. If 2021 and 2022 only have four (or even six) updates, and the story has progressed fewer than two days, then even the most diligent and committed creator would begin to run out of gas.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
He gets minimum 3000 dollars by month, multiply by the years of development, thats alot of money: minimum 300k dollars by his story.
There are 18 days left. At present rate, about one day per year (let's be optimistic and say lightly more) so call it 15 years.

15 yr *12 mo/yr * $3000/mo = $540,000.

In some parts of the world that could actually be a colossal sum. In others, meh...

Reactions: Ivrol

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
You know, this may actually be a fair comparison. If 2021 and 2022 only have four (or even six) updates, and the story has progressed fewer than two days, then even the most diligent and committed creator would begin to run out of gas.
Personally, I don't think they can be compared.
I suspect that Martin does not finish the book, as, after the controversial ending of the series, he is afraid to disappoint the fans. Why would he risk it?
After the series, his life changed dramatically, he has a lot of money, the love of fans, and now he begins to curate a dozen series on HBO.

In the case of L&P, I might be wrong, but developing this game is his main job.
There is a lot of money at stake, and I don't think he's willing to risk it.
So regardless of the mood or lack of inspiration, he will somehow finish this game. The only question will be the distance between updates.

• Angry

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
In the case of L&P, I might be wrong, but developing this game is his main job.
There is a lot of money at stake, and I don't think he's willing to risk it.
So regardless of the mood or lack of inspiration, he will somehow finish this game. The only question will be the distance between updates.
I see your point, but he wouldn't be the first creator to shut down a financially successful game. I think sometimes, when the creative joy has be rung from a game, an artist can decide that they would rather try something new rather than force themselves to finish something that they're no longer in love with. The longer a project stretches, the more likely this could happen IMO.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes