Scarlet56

Oct 13, 2019
My impression is that Patricia showed up on purpose and wanted to stop Sophia.
I don't think after the kiss between the two of them, Patricia would want to "share" her with Tyler.
Yes of course and from a scenario point of view, it was way too early.
But a simple kiss, I don't think Patricia resents her.

Reactions: Bane71 and nexer

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Ellie is already with Julia and Logan, is that right?
So the concert would be an attempt to establish a Sam / Ellie relationship? It would be weird.

If Patricia and Ellie are going to the concert, it may be to "push" Sophia to go to Sam.
Sophia's express wish is to hook Ellie up with Sam.
What happens, we'll see.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Ellie is already with Julia and Logan, is that right?
So the concert would be an attempt to establish a Sam / Ellie relationship? It would be weird.

If Patricia and Ellie are going to the concert, it may be to "push" Sophia to go to Sam.

When you think back to the club night, Patricia wasn't really mad at Sophia for letting go of Tyler.
When they talk about it back home.
And Ellie can understand Sophia, seeing as she now knows the issues with Liam.
They may therefore be there to prevent Sophia from thinking too much and then after all, it is only a kiss.
What do you think ?

And then if I remember correctly, Sam was disappointed to hear that Sophia would invite people.
I don't think Ellie and Sam is weird. During the shower scene on playable day 12 Sophia and Ellie do discuss that Logan not really a good guy and Sophia is pretty skeptical about him. Also Sophia is the one who brought up the fact that Sam has a liking towards Ellie and she tried to talk to Sam about giving it a try. She also talked a bit to Ellie about Sam as far as I remember.
In my opinion the only reason why Sophia invited Ellie was so that Ellie and Sam can get closer.
Of course, I am not denying that something might happen between Sophia and Sam as well. We might get an option of whether to spend more time with Ellie or Sophia and the player decides what to choose

Catherine1972

Oct 4, 2020
I read what you say. :)

But what about the fact that Sam was happy and proud to invite Sophia to his concert, with the main argument being that it reminded Sophia of her youth and her groupie side? Sam was even happier that Sophia accepted. Then disappointed when she told him that she would invite friends to come with her?
Sam was clearly waiting for a one-on-one moment with her. And at the time, Sophia wasn't thinking of bringing Ellie and Sam together. :unsure:

Scarlet56

Oct 13, 2019
I don't think Ellie and Sam is weird. During the shower scene on playable day 12 Sophia and Ellie do discuss that Logan not really a good guy and Sophia is pretty skeptical about him. Also Sophia is the one who brought up the fact that Sam has a liking towards Ellie and she tried to talk to Sam about giving it a try. She also talked a bit to Ellie about Sam as far as I remember.
In my opinion the only reason why Sophia invited Ellie was so that Ellie and Sam can get closer.
Of course, I am not denying that something might happen between Sophia and Sam as well. We might get an option of whether to spend more time with Ellie or Sophia and the player decides what to choose
After their time in the shower, in the morning. I don't think Ellie is too happy that her mom is throwing her into Sam's arms.
I don't know.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Or maybe the first kiss stolen between Sam and Sophia in the car. (with the help of alcohol or Sam's song or both).
A relaxed atmosphere in the car, one more confidence from Sam towards Sophia ...
All that could help with the first kiss why not.
Yes, this is the tone and the type of scenario that is more likely imo.

Yes, could be. But for what reason should Sophia tell Ellie and Patricia that she is staying with Sam and driving home with him? Even Patricia would be amazed, wouldn't she?
For example, Patricia will pick up Ellie and Patricia to go to the concert, at the end Ellie leaves the company e.g. to go meet some friends or another excuse, Sam will offer Sophia to bring her back home and it is not weird as they are neighbours. And Patricia goes home alone (She lives a little bit far from the center if I remember correctly).
Or even Ellie is in the car with Sophia and Sam and when they arrive, Sophia for some reason will stay back with Sam.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Of all the ideas about speeding things up, I think this may be the best yet. If L&P were looking at things in much larger chunks it might actually help to streamline things - realize they don't need so much detail (dialogue and inner monologue) in every single scene, they'd probably learn to better appreciate the story for what it is rather than focusing with ever more intensity on a single image and what it is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I play just about every route (even the GW for fuck's sake) for the simple reason that I want more than 5-6 minutes of gameplay per update...
That would be the end of it. He would stretch it for years because he wouldnt have had the time to put the 2/3 days in. People like L&P need time constraints.
I can already see him starting in january and then in november he finds some new method to obsess about so he goes all the way back to what he developed to change it.

At this point, a 1 or 2 event release coupled with a downgrade to 720p would be the best way because he clearly cant commit to time.
If he didnt even manage to keep to a 3 month schedule and there are going to be 50+% renders, imagine a 1 year schedule with a 4000 render goal, it would end up at 12k.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
I read what you say. :)

But what about the fact that Sam was happy and proud to invite Sophia to his concert, with the main argument being that it reminded Sophia of her youth and her groupie side? Sam was even happier that Sophia accepted. Then disappointed when she told him that she would invite friends to come with her?
Sam was clearly waiting for a one-on-one moment with her. And at the time, Sophia wasn't thinking of bringing Ellie and Sam together. :unsure:
Here it is:
Python:
sa "You know that I have my first real live performance with my band tomorrow?"
s "Really??? Wow, that's awesome!!!"
s "No, that's the bomb, as you teens like to say *ha-ha*."
"{color=#ffffff}Sam nodded."
sa "Would you like to come to the show?"
s "Do you really have to ask? Of course I'll come!"
s "I'll get Ellie and my sister, and we'll come with bells on!"
s "Maybe Ellie will even bring a friend with her."
sa "Um... I don't know."
s "Hey, a real rock band needs its own groupies screaming and cheering 'em on, right *ha-ha*?"
sa "Yeah. Maybe."
sa "Do you think Ellie would really want to come?"
s "Well, it's your very first live performance! I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to miss that!"
s "And this could be your chance to impress her *wink*!"
sa "Um.. what do you mean?"
s "Oh, come on, Sam. Don't play dumb!"
s "I mean what you admitted to me last time, and what's been obvious since you were in kindergarten!"
s "That you have a crush on my daughter!"
sa "Um, no, that's not what I said!"
sa "I just said that I think she's very nice and pretty."
s "And that you dream about her *chuckle*!"
"{color=#ffffff}Sam stayed silent, and Sophia knew she'd caught him."
s "Don't worry, honey. Your secret's safe with me. I won't tell her. Promise!"
sa "OK, I think I should go back over the wall again. I'm sure Mom's already made lunch."
sa "And... you're sure that your front doesn't need an extra coat of sunscreen? Just to be sure, you know."
sa "After all, the sun's beating down pretty relentlessly today."
s "*Chuckle* I really appreciate your concern, Sam, but I think there's still enough sunscreen on me. And if needed, I can take care of my front myself. You've already helped me a lot with my back."
She actually mentioned Ellie and Patricia right away, and tried to push the "Ellie argument" but it seems clear that Sam thinks that Ellie is pretty and all but... he prefers her mother.

PS
I kept the last three sentences because they always make me chuckle... "Shall I do the front?"... yeah, right! :ROFLMAO:

Catherine1972

Oct 4, 2020
Here it is:
Python:
sa "You know that I have my first real live performance with my band tomorrow?"
s "Really??? Wow, that's awesome!!!"
s "No, that's the bomb, as you teens like to say *ha-ha*."
sa "Would you like to come to the show?"
s "Do you really have to ask? Of course I'll come!"
s "I'll get Ellie and my sister, and we'll come with bells on!"
s "Maybe Ellie will even bring a friend with her."
sa "Um... I don't know."
s "Hey, a real rock band needs its own groupies screaming and cheering 'em on, right *ha-ha*?"
sa "Yeah. Maybe."
sa "Do you think Ellie would really want to come?"
s "Well, it's your very first live performance! I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to miss that!"
s "And this could be your chance to impress her *wink*!"
sa "Um.. what do you mean?"
s "Oh, come on, Sam. Don't play dumb!"
s "I mean what you admitted to me last time, and what's been obvious since you were in kindergarten!"
s "That you have a crush on my daughter!"
sa "Um, no, that's not what I said!"
sa "I just said that I think she's very nice and pretty."
s "And that you dream about her *chuckle*!"
"{color=#ffffff}Sam stayed silent, and Sophia knew she'd caught him."
s "Don't worry, honey. Your secret's safe with me. I won't tell her. Promise!"
sa "OK, I think I should go back over the wall again. I'm sure Mom's already made lunch."
sa "And... you're sure that your front doesn't need an extra coat of sunscreen? Just to be sure, you know."
sa "After all, the sun's beating down pretty relentlessly today."
s "*Chuckle* I really appreciate your concern, Sam, but I think there's still enough sunscreen on me. And if needed, I can take care of my front myself. You've already helped me a lot with my back."
She actually mentioned Ellie and Patricia right away, and tried to push the "Ellie argument" but it seems clear that Sam thinks that Ellie is pretty and all but... he prefers her mother.

PS
I kept the last three sentences because they always make me chuckle... "Shall I do the front?"... yeah, right! :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for helping my memory. ;)

I got stuck on Sam's sentence of disappointment.
And if it's Julia who comes in addition? So there Ellie would give him her undivided attention ... and Sam could have Sophia for him ...

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
That would be the end of it. He would stretch it for years because he wouldnt have had the time to put the 2/3 days in. People like L&P need time constraints.
I can already see him starting in january and then in november he finds some new method to obsess about so he goes all the way back to what he developed to change it.

At this point, a 1 or 2 event release coupled with a downgrade to 720p would be the best way because he clearly cant commit to time.
If he didnt even manage to keep to a 3 month schedule and there are going to be 50+% renders, imagine a 1 year schedule with a 4000 render goal, it would end up at 12k.
It is a risk, I agree. A huge risk. But the chopping and dicing approach hasn't sped anything up and there's no evidence that things will improve. Just think looking at the bigger picture (a 2-3 day arc) might dampen the impulse to focus on every single moment in every single conversation as if that was the most important thing in the whole project.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Thank you for helping my memory. ;)

I got stuck on Sam's sentence of disappointment.
And if it's Julia who comes in addition? So there Ellie would give him her undivided attention ... and Sam could have Sophia for him ...
yes she could be Ellie's +1 or be there for his brother's concert anyway.
In the shower it is not mentioned
Python:
    s "By the way, Sam invited us to his performance tonight with his band!"
    e "Us?"
    s "Well, actually... just me. But I told him that I'd ask you and your aunt if you guys wanted to join."
    e "I'm off tonight. So, yeah! Sure, why not?"
    e "Could be interesting *ha-ha*!"
And, incidentally, I don't remember if she asked Patricia yet.

Anyway, I think there are many possibilities for getting Sophia and Sam alone after the concert.
The car scenario is actually interesting as it seems to be the perfect context for the next step.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes