Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
It seems like a fictional Californian style city, especially with the Spanish name, blue skies & sunshine. California has a diverse range of environments, including forests, mountains, deserts, off-shore islands etc.
Sure, but that doesn't explain driving on the left side of the road. Unless he's being a bit of a daredevil or "straightening the curves" as they say.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
<Disclaimer>
Sorry guys if it is a bit off-topic and unrelated to the plot. And it's a geeky/nerdy question for all the modelers out there. ;)
</Disclaimer>

Is it just me or the shadows are a bit off in the image? :unsure:

Looking at the shadow casted by the bike it seems the sun is high above them (it's indeed a bit past noon when it happens), slightly in front of them (we don't see the shadow casted by the front wheel) and to their right.

Looking at the environment (ok, it's a real picture) the sun seems to be completely coming in from right side (yellow arrow) and I'd say a bit lower than the zenith and it casts longer shadows on the top of the trees. Also the grass on the left side is almost overexposed meaning that the light is almost perpendicular to that slope.

What do you guys think?

I want to stress that is just my curiosity, by any means I'm not criticising the work, the quality and whatever, it's just an academic question!! ;)

View attachment 1156895
I would of thought that Sophia would of been leaning a bit more forward into Aiden since she seems to have her arms wrapped a round his waist.
As for the shadows, that could be caused by the angle of camera or lighting

Reactions: Talcum Powder

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
When I think about this saga with Aiden's tasks, I realize that the third task will not be easy for Sofia, but she should like it. This will cause conflicting feelings in her and later, perhaps a turning point will come when she is ready for more. Sophia in the future will be anxiously and impatiently awaiting the next task and, just as we are doing now, she will try to predict what Aiden will tell her to do.
All of Aidens task have caused conflict for her

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Yes usually, a biker takes the right-hand bend quite tightly on the right. If he has the opportunity to take the left-hand bend properly further ahead, he cuts it on the left.
Having never owned or rode a bike ,I never knew that cheers my good fellow(y)

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
What kind of tree appears in the latest teaser. I don't think they are in a place with a warm climate and palm trees.
Yes, that's what I think. Driving on the left isn't conclusive of anything, but the San Alejo trees and shrubs and so forth, plus big city and sunny, suggests a climate similar to the California coast south of San Francisco. There are certainly places within 50 miles of the California coast that have this type of forest, but those areas aren't really southern enough to have the desert trees (palms, especially) within short driving distance.

Never mind that if you've ever been to southern California near any big city, you are going to spend an hour or more just getting clear of the city and it's suburban sprawl, even on the freeway, anytime during daylight hours.

Reactions: Jude6

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Yes, that's what I think. Driving on the left isn't conclusive of anything, but the San Alejo trees and shrubs and so forth, plus big city and sunny, suggests a climate similar to the California coast south of San Francisco. There are certainly places within 50 miles of the California coast that have this type of forest, but those areas aren't really southern enough to have the desert trees (palms, especially) within short driving distance.

Never mind that if you've ever been to southern California near any big city, you are going to spend an hour or more just getting clear of the city and it's suburban sprawl, even on the freeway, anytime during daylight hours.
He would of been limited on the number of assets that would of been suitable for this scene so I would not really read too much into it,unless he made his own.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I would of thought that Sophia would of been leaning a bit more forward into Aiden since she seems to have her arms wrapped a round his waist.
As for the shadows, that could be caused by the angle of camera or lighting
At speed on a curvy road the passenger has to lean in to the driver and hold on tight otherwise you get spilled off the bike, no question. On a straight road it's less of an issue but in this scenario the driver and passenger have to be as close to a consolidated mass as possible.
(edit): This image isn't clear how tight she's holding on, but her head or upper torso should be pressed up right against his shoulder.

Reactions: Hlextor

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
At speed on a curvy road the passenger has to lean in to the driver and hold on tight otherwise you get spilled off the bike, no question. On a straight road it's less of an issue but in this scenario the driver and passenger have to be as close to a consolidated mass as possible.
(edit): This image isn't clear how tight she's holding on, but her head or upper torso should be pressed up right against his shoulder.
Being picky I know,blame the brit in me,(oking) but shouldn't Sophia's bag be pushed onto her back not her side?
All that I have said, is was probably a really hard pose to set up.

Last edited:

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
He would of been limited on the number of assets that would of been suitable for this scene so I would not really read too much into it,unless he made his own.
Sure, on the first point. No evidence that L&P is building custom assets (trees?!) on his own. There are dozens of different tree and forest packages out there. This package, available on the F95 Assets forum, looks like the one used here.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Nice catch.
Wow, I have been fooled, I really thought that it was a rendering placed on a real picture of a road! And this time without nexer messing around the picture! :p Shame on me! :D
So if everything is rendered together it must be just an effect given the particular settings of trees and lights.

At the cost of being obsessive with the bag, if anything I would have expected Sophia to place it in between them, that would make it safer imo. Placed like that, even at moderate speed, it will be flying around and hard to keep it still. But I'm not a bike either, maybe some expert can confirm.

Yes I agree it seems a quite unnatural position. Unless there is something in between them, maybe the shopping bag that Scarlet56 is looking for? ;)
It would be a task that requires a lot of stuff brought around! :)

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
But why would L&P uses a forest road if the forest doesn't play a role. :unsure:
He could have used any desert road or highway.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xxxorro

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Wow, I have been fooled, I really thought that it was a rendering placed on a real picture of a road! And this time without nexer messing around the picture! :p Shame on me! :D
So if everything is rendered together it must be just an effect given the particular settings of trees and lights.

At the cost of being obsessive with the bag, if anything I would have expected Sophia to place it in between them, that would make it safer imo. Placed like that, even at moderate speed, it will be flying around and hard to keep it still. But I'm not a bike either, maybe some expert can confirm.

Yes I agree it seems a quite unnatural position. Unless there is something in between them, maybe the shopping bag that Scarlet56 is looking for? ;)
It would be a task that requires a lot of stuff brought around! :)
xxxorro You are right in what your thinking it is a real picture but converted into hdri image so it can be used in Daz.

Last edited:

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Sure, on the first point. No evidence that L&P is building custom assets (trees?!) on his own. There are dozens of different tree and forest packages out there. This package, available on the F95 Assets forum, looks like the one used here.
There is a lake in this asset-environment-Collection. A fully nude lake bath?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jude6
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes