Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
If Sophia refuses Aiden's 2 task, Dylan stays home without Emma and a bit bored. This path also needs to be covered.
Wait. There a 3rd path on the Dylan/Aiden storyline ?
One where Dylan goes to the boarding school if you refuse Aiden blackmail immediately, one where you accept his blackmail but Dylan can keep going to school, and a path where Dylan will stay home if Sophia refuse the 2nd task ?

That’s just crazy. And now that I think about it, there should be another route soon (relatively speaking) .
One where Sophia will have a comfortable solution to stop having to deal with Aiden.
So a 4th path where Dylan keep going to school but Sophia is not blackmailed anymore.

(and maybe even a 5th path with the “not so comfortable” solution later down the road...)

Reactions: nexer

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Wait. There a 3rd path on the Dylan/Aiden storyline ?
One where Dylan goes to the boarding school if you refuse Aiden blackmail immediately, one where you accept his blackmail but Dylan can keep going to school, and a path where Dylan will stay home if Sophia refuse the 2nd task ?

That’s just crazy. And now that I think about it, there should be another route soon (relatively speaking) .
One where Sophia will have a comfortable solution to stop having to deal with Aiden.
So a 4th path where Dylan keep going to school but Sophia is not blackmailed anymore.

(and maybe even a 5th path with the “not so comfortable” solution later down the road...)
Yeap. Sophia home-schooling Dylan until find a boarding-school. I hope Zac will attend.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Absolutely agree with you. People are so nitpicky. The people themselves criticize him for the smallest of details l, like the way the reflection in the mirror looks or the way the shadow is cast and now the bag. And when in the next update he focuses on getting even such kind of details right everyone will criticize him for wasting time working on such details which will pass by unnoticed, by many. That is just milking his patrons and delaying the updates. He is being trapped in a circle where no matter what he does he will be criticised.
A lot of this criticism is by invitation: L&P is aiming for realism and refers to them self as a perfectionist who has to spend so much time because they can't compromise on quality, then naturally all of those minute details are up for scrutiny.

I guarantee you, if L&P announced that the Aiden event was completed in two weeks instead of five (six now?!!!) that would be applauded and met with raucous cheers. For this event the criticism is that so much time is spent building and composing and lighting and test rendering and camera adjusting for an incredibly complex environment (forest road) that cannot be reconciled with its importance to the story, while getting some details wrong as well.

It will surely be gob-smackingly beautiful, the whole event may even be really great - and by great I mean consistent with the characters and story as they were leading up to the event with ample naughtiness - but, in the context of the 30 playable days, it's impossible to imagine that it justifies five or six weeks of development.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Sure hope he makes us all say "I was wrong" when the update comes out and we go through that scene.
I've got a strong feeling some of us will be ashamed of ourselves for ever doubting it, taking back everything we've ever said and join the effort to squelch even the suggestion of doubt or criticism.

As a precaution I've just placed my preorder for the "Team Dylan" t-shirt and bumper sticker set.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Something to Reflect On

Sometimes it looks like we ourselves are trying to sabotage the game and the development progress. Look, I don't want to sound rude, but my hypothesis is that L&P is full of insecurities, and that's why he takes so much time releasing updates. He is not totally confident in how to progress the story and that's why he does changes to the plot and takes too much time figuring out how to settle the scenes. This is what happens with stoper, for example, he is never completely satisfied with his work, despite of is one of the best here, and he speaks openly about it. Stoper is even slower than L&P, his story progresses faster but that's because of the plot.

We all want the the updates happen faster and what we do? What we do? We complain and criticize even the smallest and insignificant details: that Aiden has no helmet, that he is driving in the wrong side, that Aiden guessed Sophia's dress size out of nowhere, that there shouldn't be a forest in that city, that the preview sucks and so on. We are increasing the insecurities that L&P already has even more and, in consequence, the development progress too. And for what? For what? For insignificant details in renders that we advance in a matter of seconds when we play the VN. What do you want? That L&P spends more time redoing all the renders with little mistakes?

Time ago, I wrote something about there were devs who did better renders than L&P, renders with better lighting, angles, composition, etc. L&P read it and look what happened: now L&P is obssesed with these things, spending a lot more time in them than before.

It's not that we souldn't criticize the game when we think we should do. When the Dylan twist happened I was one of the people that wrote against it, because was something incoherent and was something big, important to the plot and the chararacters. But stop complaining so much for insignificant things. The renders aren't paintings that you put in the walls of your house or in a museum and are seen multiple times in life for several minutes each one. A single render means nothing more that 10 seconds when we play the game.

Greetings.
It's a fair, well reasoned, post. I would just state, however, that L&P has brought this on himself. This sort of hyper criticism only happens when a fanbase feels like it's being jerked around. The backlash is happening now because this update has gone off the rails. When development hit 90 days I think most people were still doing "ok", we were still hopeful. The turning point was when we got that tone deaf update in early April that informed us that the update had sprawled in scope. Since then the criticism of L&P has only gained steam. In a vacuum some of the criticisms have been petty (I don't understand people who are nitpicking things like Sophia's bag); but in context they make more sense. This was supposed to be a small update that could make use of the decreased development times brought on by L&P's new hardware. We were supposed to be done with these 120+ day development cycles. Instead, everything is worse. Development is slower than ever. And L&P seems unwilling to admit that is a problem. All the pieces were there for a severe backlash.

Rojouninco1

Apr 27, 2020
Excuse me please . Dylan knew Sophia sizes .If you remember . When Sophia wanted to tried the Hot tub and it didn't work . So She use her tub . That when Dylan wanted to join Sophia in the Tub . Dylan got her swim wear . And ;) :sneaky:;) That's how he knew her sizes . Remember also when he gave her the first swim wear . For the Photo shoot . Sophia asked Dylan . And you know the rest .

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
A lot of this criticism is by invitation: L&P is aiming for realism and refers to them self as a perfectionist who has to spend so much time because they can't compromise on quality, then naturally all of those minute details are up for scrutiny.

I guarantee you, if L&P announced that the Aiden event was completed in two weeks instead of five (six now?!!!) that would be applauded and met with raucous cheers. For this event the criticism is that so much time is spent building and composing and lighting and test rendering and camera adjusting for an incredibly complex environment (forest road) that cannot be reconciled with its importance to the story, while getting some details wrong as well.

It will surely be gob-smackingly beautiful, the whole event may even be really great - and by great I mean consistent with the characters and story as they were leading up to the event with ample naughtiness - but, in the context of the 30 playable days, it's impossible to imagine that it justifies five or six weeks of development.
Exactly. If this update had stayed within its original scope I don't think anyone would have any complaints. Absolutely no one would be upset about a ~450 render update that had been delivered in around 90 days. L&P would have almost certainly improved his reputation and gained wiggle room. But at this point we're likely going to be pushing 150 days for this development cycle, and that removes any wiggle room. The pressure on L&P for the next update is going to be insane.

Sure hope he makes us all say "I was wrong" when the update comes out and we go through that scene.
This is the challenge we all face. Objectively measuring the next update is going to be really tough because the expectations are sky high. Expectations are fundamentally different when the update takes 90 days or 150 days. The same game at 90 days will receive a very different response than it would at 150 days. As I see it, there's almost nothing that this update can do to justify the length of its development; and that's a problem. I want to like this update, and I'm sure it won't be "bad", but the pressure on it is so high that it's almost doomed to disappoint.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Excuse me please . Dylan knew Sophia sizes .If you remember . When Sophia wanted to tried the Hot tub and it didn't work . So She use her tub . That when Dylan wanted to join Sophia in the Tub . Dylan got her swim wear . And ;) :sneaky:;) That's how he knew her sizes . Remember also when he gave her the first swim wear . For the Photo shoot . Sophia asked Dylan . And you know the rest .
Yes this is true.Shocking as it may seem the pygmy actually did something right:ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Rojouninco1

Scarlet56

Oct 13, 2019
2 side work then in general will be a horror for you :D
On the contrary, I have no problem with the 2nd work on the side because I am almost sure that nothing will happen with the apostles.
And then there's Ava and something tells me that it's going to happen with her.
I don'tt know.
Ava, 4 childrens, single very catholic and a sex education for her children very biblical.
It's hiding something.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
On the contrary, I have no problem with the 2nd work on the side because I am almost sure that nothing will happen with the apostles.
And then there's Ava and something tells me that it's going to happen with her.
I don'tt know.
Ava, 4 childrens, single very catholic and a sex education for her children very biblical.
It's hiding something.
I agree with you and think it will involve the mother more

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes