ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Well the update news is disappointing but by this stage not really surprising. Original odds on a June update in my imaginary betting shop were 100/1, (altho' I reduced them later), now 1/1. Initial betters would reap an imaginary fortune, provided June actually sees an update.
New odds: 10/1 for July & 5/1 for there being only one update this year.

I don't want to attempt to give odds for if the game will ever come to a planned ending.
I never wanted to imagine a betting shop, (I havn't been inside one for years) but right now it's as easy as imagining an update.

emplar

Aug 12, 2019

I can only give an approximate estimation after starting the render editing part. But so much: After finishing the creation and rendering of the scenes I got between 900 and 1000 renders to edit and 42 MS Word pages of text to translate. So... yeah, there's still a hell of work ahead of me.

Update in June
wow, so unexpected

Reactions: Chicha

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
... Still no visual confirmation and word from L&P?
Very worried Dylan is playing patty fingers in our Holy Water!

Edit: posted at the same time from above... that's not a visual confirmation for proof of life!

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I ... am ... actually ... not at all surprised we're waiting on 900 renders to cover a single afternoon, because this afternoon is the clearly the turning point for the whole story. Has to be, right? Otherwise why would it justify so much detail and attention. Unless of course you already turned down the Aiden plot, in which case this is all completely irrelevant.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I ... am ... actually ... not at all surprised we're waiting on 900 renders to cover a single afternoon, because this afternoon is the clearly the turning point for the whole story. Has to be, right? Otherwise why would it justify so much detail and attention. Unless of course you already turned down the Aiden plot, in which case this is all completely irrelevant.
This is the noon update, not afternoon. The afternoon events are in the v.150 update (with the evening having the Sam event) - Dylan/Ellie and Nat.

Although it does appear that since the events are far larger than anticipated, it may as well be an afternoon update. I guess it really depends on how big the Nathalie event will be.

Reactions: xxxorro

Ivrol

Sep 26, 2018

All the time.

Also, as a Bonus:

"The next update should be finished quicker" - Turns out to be the biggest dev in 4 years.
It seems that there is a pattern of always lengthening events even though in these events there are always unnecessary images. The best thing that fans of this game should do is not to have expectations, because there is no consistency in the updates of the game (neither in the release time nor in the number of renders that each event should have), only in this way no they would be disappointed.

I think that for these reasons a kind of addiction to the game was created and that is why this topic receives so many comments.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019

I can only give an approximate estimation after starting the render editing part. But so much: After finishing the creation and rendering of the scenes I got between 900 and 1000 renders to edit and 42 MS Word pages of text to translate. So... yeah, there's still a hell of work ahead of me.

Update in June
The fact that he needs 1 month to edit renders, translate, and code tells you everything you need to know about this project. Its among the best games in the industry, and has a case for being the best, but the dev is incessantly greedy...micromanaging every aspect and we're on .130 of the project. It's more likely humanity dies from Yellowstone eruption, meteor/asteroid, or Covid-21 than it is OP finishes the game...pace is already too slow and continues to get SLOWER with each update.

Dev, if you want to finish the game you need to accept help. Coding is not a special skill and will not impact your game. Pay someone to code. Pay someone to translate. Pay someone to edit/touch-up scenes. This "month" could literally be 1 week and I don't expect any tangible difference in the result. Again, I acknowledge L&P is the standard for renders but L&P is going to become the standard for incredible abandoned projects if he doesn't compromise on some area(s)

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I think that for these reasons a kind of addiction to the game was created and that is why this topic receives so many comments.
Kind of agree, but honestly I'm beginning to think, worryingly, that I might be a bit more drawn to the discussion about the game than the game itself.

It's starting to feel like we're at a petting zoo, and L&P is the lone llama in the pen - confused as to why there's no being quite like them around but instead all of these annoying children yelling and screaming in excitement, trying desperately to get a touch, and having absolutely no way of communicating with them other than by the most rudimentary grunts and snorts and neighs, and occasionally baring its teeth.

I'll spare you all the part of this analogy where the llama very occasionally drops a really fantastically and impressively large turd.

Ivrol

Sep 26, 2018
Kind of agree, but honestly I'm beginning to think, worryingly, that I might be a bit more drawn to the discussion about the game than the game itself.

It's starting to feel like we're at a petting zoo, and L&P is the lone llama in the pen - confused as to why there's no being quite like them around but instead all of these annoying children yelling and screaming in excitement, trying desperately to get a touch, and having absolutely no way of communicating with them other than by the most rudimentary grunts and snorts and neighs, and occasionally baring its teeth.

I'll spare you all the part of this analogy where the llama very occasionally drops a really fantastically and impressively large turd.
Users commenting on this thread focus more here than on the game itself, because game updates take a long time to be released, in this period of time users create many fantasies about future scenarios based on current progress and the encrypted spoilers that L&P gives them. This creates a tension and addiction derived from the frustration that there are no sex scenes and frustration that each update + fantasy takes a long time to come out of the users that in the end most end up being wrong with what L&P really thought for the update.

In each update: Users play the game -> They are excited by some scene without sex, they are frustrated by the shortness of the update -> Users defend L&P for the quality of the renders -> Users attack L&P because it always lengthens the updates with unnecessary renders and now for raising the resolution of the rendering in this update to 1080p (when the last update was in 720p with scaling to 1080p and users liked it). -> The cycle of defending and attacking L&P for the update ends and the vicious cycle begins again imagining the future scenarios and L&P promising 'x' amount of renders and that the update time will be faster (this last time it was for the new rtx 3090 graphics, and before this it was that it divided the day in 1/3 per update), and later L&P ends up releasing the updates at the same time and sometimes in the same time as before only now with less progress in the day. And we go back to the frustration part so that L&P finishes finishing the update and is released. It is a vicious cycle that appears to be far from over whether L&P is intentional or not.

For example in the Jessica O'neil Hard News thread, stopper doesn't comment much if anything about spoilers in each update and that means that he doesn't have as many comments as there are here.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It's an interesting idea. I had not conceptualized this update as being the turning point, but rather just another step in Sophia's corruption. I have said that I think this entire day will be remembered as a pivotal moment in Sophia's corruption. But, as you said, with all of the effort being put into this update, it does make you wonder if L&P has big plans for it. Still though, I think it's far more likely that L&P simply cannot gauge his efforts and that things got away from him. I don't think he intends on this being some sort of climatic update.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
That was hilarious. Did I see something else flying? Laughed so hard I think I peed myself.
I get it now. I misjudged you. Like Dylan more than ever, hope he does that in the real game.
Thanks for the link. Did not know I could run out of likes.
Glad you enjoyed it. Yes you did. Now go change yourself.
Thank you but you just now scared the shit out of me. :LOL:

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
If he's making wholesale changes to his game based upon speculation on a web forum, that's a whole other massive problem. If this is the case, then he doesn't have a plan at all.

I can't imagine he needed 900+ renders to fix anything. I have a bad feeling that we get some sort of montage while Sophia rides the bike that uses tons of images with overindulgent lighting. Frankly though, it's hard to fathom how he's going to use so many renders
Sometimes I think it can be helpful to have some feedback from people.
They can point out some really big plot-holes or maybe help flesh out some characters a little more, making them more interesting to follow (as long as it doesn’t change or contradict too much the plot).
But when you start to change your story because a vocal minority starts to push for their favorite characters or for less of another one, it may start a snow ball effect. And what was the intended story at first may end up in with something that looks like a bad fanfic full of Mary Sue, with as little conflict or gray area as possible.

For me that easily represented with what had happened with the Bennet storyline.
When we learned that it was a blackmail storyline, some people here started being very vocal with their displeasure (“What? Another blackmail storyline ? We have enough of that in other fmc games. I don’t like it. He should remove it).
At the time, it seemed that 95% of people were against the Bennet storyline on this forum.
So L&p did a poll to know if he should keep or remove his storyline.
His patreons choose to keep it.
‘Granted, it was pretty much a 50/50 result but still.
So L&p took the middle approach. He won’t remove Bennet but he will reduce his number of events.

So now we found ourselves with a storyline totally disjointed, with almost no events that would lead to the climax of that storyline. Worst, this storyline may end up with nothing but a little handjob and some pussy fingering (if anything happens at all). Why is it worse than having her going all the way down with him ?
Because why would Bennet be satisfied with a half assed hanjob? But know his storyline line has been cut short.

‘What’s crazy is that L&p has said that he has no idea what to do with Bennet now.
Before it was easy: have him have his way with Sophia and move on to his next prey. Neither of them are in love with each other or as the slightest reason to continue their relationship.
Sophia for obvious reason, but Bennet too. He’s mostly a narcissistic sociopath that goes from woman to woman using blackmail if he needs to reach his goal. He’s not trying to form a family with Sophia and form a long term relationship with her. He just wants to sleep with her.
He’s the type of guy that once he has obtained what he wanted(getting in Sophia pants here) will move on to the next “challenge”.
But now, by listening to some people who don’t want blackmail to even be present in the game, L&p is in a situation where he doesn’t know what to do with one of his characters.

What I don’t understand is that you can refuse this storyline from the get go. He’s a minor character with almost no events so you wouldn’t miss that much of the game. It’s not like if you don’t like Dylan and Ellie storylines and you would then loose what has now become something like 60 or 70% of the game.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes