GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Lots of words
I mostly agree with you. However, for consistency, I do have to say that I think removing Bennett was a fine alteration to the story. One thing I have blasted this game for is that there are too many stories for L&P to juggle. While it may have been interesting in the planning stages, the limited in-universe time that this game takes place in does not allow for so many stories. Cutting Bennett was one of those things that was the right move, but he should have committed to it more fully.

On the same note, I do appreciate that he cut the coaching story. I think this was strategically wrong, but I get it. At least we aren't opening up another storyline that won't go anywhere.

But to your main point, yes, taking feedback is important for a creator. But if the feedback threw him for such a loop that this update soared to 900+ renders; then he didn't do a good job of planning. If our criticisms required this update to grow by 100% its original size, then there are major structural issues in how he assembles and plans the story and updates. But, even if the feedback impacted nothing about this update, there are still major structural issues.

Basically, I can't help but look at this update and think it's a project management disaster. For all the technical competence he shows, the management of this project is sabotaging all of his hard work. This update is passing the 120 day mark, and will likely push 150 days. People are going to demand that this update deliver significant advances to the story and also provide sexual growth for Sophia. Baby steps are going to be hard to swallow. At 90 days, updates already have some pressure on them, but at 150 days the pressure to deliver is going to be almost impossible to meet. If L&P can't get his organizational shortcomings under control, we will not have another update this year. And if we go an entire calendar year with only a single update this game could become notorious for all the wrong reasons.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
It's an interesting idea. I had not conceptualized this update as being the turning point, but rather just another step in Sophia's corruption. I have said that I think this entire day will be remembered as a pivotal moment in Sophia's corruption. But, as you said, with all of the effort being put into this update, it does make you wonder if L&P has big plans for it. Still though, I think it's far more likely that L&P simply cannot gauge his efforts and that things got away from him. I don't think he intends on this being some sort of climatic update.
It is 100% that L&P cannot calibrate what they are creating in terms of images with what their story actually needs.

I was being sarcastic about this update being pivotal, at least to an extent that justifies the time spent. Satisfying events are going to be delivered, they will be great, but they will in no way be important enough in the broader context to justify more renders than what used to be in a full day.

I keep going back to the spot renders showing how the ankle boots can actually fit in that bag. And then I think of all the times L&P posted insisting that everything in the game is essential (except when it gets taken out later). And how many times we've had to read Sophia's thought bubble where she rationalizes in her own mind (and explains to us in the process) why she is about to say what she is about to say or do what she is about to do. And then I realize, L&P is trying to rationalize everything in the game by over explaining everything - this wasn't as true in the earliest phases of the game but is now dominating the script.

And that's what it comes down to - there is no script at the start, just a set of bullet points, some notes in between, a blank canvas, and no time limit.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Just as usual all are words are in vain.
All our expectations go down the drain.
Yet again his estimates didn't land their mark.
Guess all we can do is blame the pigeons in the park. :LOL: :LOL:

Though honestly how can one make so many mistakes in estimate, after getting it wrong 3-4 times even children understand what to take as estimate. When he said Dylan event will be around 100 renders I totally estimated it at 150-180 which is apparently correct. So if I can get it right for an event I know nothing about. He should be able to as well. Another estimate going wrong is of Latest by mid may to end of may to now indirectly saying come in June. I have no more words.

Last edited:

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I don't think Aiden's third task was imagined much earlier by L&P.
He may have fixed what Sophia would do, but he made up a scenario without analyzing every shot beforehand. Hence the problem with where she puts her clothes, where Sophia changes her clothes and so on. All this leads to more renders.
Very bad choice, IMO.
Plus, time to look for leather suit, motorcycle, new sets.
He got himself into this, maybe it's also our fault with all possible scenarios covered :ROFLMAO: , in which case L&P felt compelled to come up with something new.

TeamEquipe

Mar 3, 2020
For me that easily represented with what had happened with the Bennet storyline.
When we learned that it was a blackmail storyline, some people here started being very vocal with their displeasure (“What? Another blackmail storyline ? We have enough of that in other fmc games. I don’t like it. He should remove it).
At the time, it seemed that 95% of people were against the Bennet storyline on this forum.
So L&p did a poll to know if he should keep or remove his storyline.
His patreons choose to keep it.
‘Granted, it was pretty much a 50/50 result but still.
So L&p took the middle approach. He won’t remove Bennet but he will reduce his number of events.

So now we found ourselves with a storyline totally disjointed, with almost no events that would lead to the climax of that storyline. Worst, this storyline may end up with nothing but a little handjob and some pussy fingering (if anything happens at all). Why is it worse than having her going all the way down with him ?
Because why would Bennet be satisfied with a half assed hanjob? But know his storyline line has been cut short.

‘What’s crazy is that L&p has said that he has no idea what to do with Bennet now.
Before it was easy: have him have his way with Sophia and move on to his next prey. Neither of them are in love with each other or as the slightest reason to continue their relationship.
Sophia for obvious reason, but Bennet too. He’s mostly a narcissistic sociopath that goes from woman to woman using blackmail if he needs to reach his goal. He’s not trying to form a family with Sophia and form a long term relationship with her. He just wants to sleep with her.
He’s the type of guy that once he has obtained what he wanted(getting in Sophia pants here) will move on to the next “challenge”.
But now, by listening to some people who don’t want blackmail to even be present in the game, L&p is in a situation where he doesn’t know what to do with one of his characters.

What I don’t understand is that you can refuse this storyline from the get go. He’s a minor character with almost no events so you wouldn’t miss that much of the game. It’s not like if you don’t like Dylan and Ellie storylines and you would then loose what has now become something like 60 or 70% of the game.
Absolutely agree with this. I was looking forward to seeing how long Sophia could resist seeing Bennett again. L&P could have even spiced it up a bit with Bennett seeing Sophia in the nightclub with Tyler's hand up her dress, adding even more blackmail fuel to the fire!

And with regards to blackmail, what is the Morello storyline if not that?

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
I mostly agree with you. However, for consistency, I do have to say that I think removing Bennett was a fine alteration to the story. One thing I have blasted this game for is that there are too many stories for L&P to juggle. While it may have been interesting in the planning stages, the limited in-universe time that this game takes place in does not allow for so many stories. Cutting Bennett was one of those things that was the right move, but he should have committed to it more fully.

On the same note, I do appreciate that he cut the coaching story. I think this was strategically wrong, but I get it. At least we aren't opening up another storyline that won't go anywhere.

But to your main point, yes, taking feedback is important for a creator. But if the feedback threw him for such a loop that this update soared to 900+ renders; then he didn't do a good job of planning. If our criticisms required this update to grow by 100% its original size, then there are major structural issues in how he assembles and plans the story and updates. But, even if the feedback impacted nothing about this update, there are still major structural issues.

Basically, I can't help but look at this update and think it's a project management disaster. For all the technical competence he shows, the management of this project is sabotaging all of his hard work. This update is passing the 120 day mark, and will likely push 150 days. People are going to demand that this update deliver significant advances to the story and also provide sexual growth for Sophia. Baby steps are going to be hard to swallow. At 90 days, updates already have some pressure on them, but at 150 days the pressure to deliver is going to be almost impossible to meet. If L&P can't get his organizational shortcomings under control, we will not have another update this year. And if we go an entire calendar year with only a single update this game could become notorious for all the wrong reasons.
I totally agree that for the Bennet storyline, he should have fully either keep him committed to it as he originally intended or remove him completely.
Try to please everyone and you end pleasing nobody (I’m not talking about those who don’t care if he is or isn’t in the game obviously)
For the coaching job. Let’s just say that I’m not a Dylan or Ellie or Sam or Aiden route follower. I’m a Sophia routes follower. I don’t have a specific kink or a specific character trope that I enjoy more than an other (I mean in this game. Despite the fact that I came here for the incest storyline at the beginning, it’s the first time that I don’t enjoy it . But I still follow it to see were it’s going).
So for me the more “kink” or different characters, or situations she found herself in, the better.
But I agree that cutting it short is probably for the best . I mean... what would have been even better would been to not even announce that side-story if you’re not even sure that you’ll do it in the first place. (And could prevent some hopes or wild speculations as to who might involved in the event.)

For the time between updates and the number of events. When I look at the first 2 years of the game (approximately), I don’t remember a single time telling myself :“This event would have been better if we had more render (For what the event was trying to tell). ” Sometimes it was the opposite :“Why is that guitar lesson so long, why is it important that we see Sophia doing a check-up at the dentist... etc”
When I look at the beginning of the game, I see 7 or 8 events per day, I see Dylan, Ellie, Patricia, Sam, Liam and a bunch of side characters each playable day. I see some updates with no more than 500 renders (sometimes for an entire day). I see each playable day taking 2 to 3 months at best to be made.
Today I see that a (supposedly) important character like Sam as not been seen in the game for a year (his last event was in may last year). And with some luck, we may have the last third of this fucking interminable day 12 by the end of this year.(To transition to the next day with 15 or 16 events... youhou...)
So something like a year and a half between his two last event , that are separated by one and a half day in game.
So what we had at the beginning of the game was that maybe one of the characters wouldn’t have an event for a day or two. But it wasn’t that bad because each day wouldn’t take more than 2 to 3 months.
But here we are with 1and half to double the number of events for 3 to 4 times the number of renders.
Does his storytelling has improved that much because the number of renders has grown like that?
I don’t think so (and in certain cases, I think it’s worse with the pacing of certain events.)

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Before it was easy: have him have his way with Sophia and move on to his next prey. Neither of them are in love with each other or as the slightest reason to continue their relationship.
Sophia for obvious reason, but Bennet too. He’s mostly a narcissistic sociopath that goes from woman to woman using blackmail if he needs to reach his goal. He’s not trying to form a family with Sophia and form a long term relationship with her. He just wants to sleep with her.
He’s the type of guy that once he has obtained what he wanted(getting in Sophia pants here) will move on to the next “challenge”.
Which of the characters can Sophia have a long-term relationship with?
The only one is Carl, but that would mean getting into an even bigger problem, her relationship with Patricia would be ruined. Except for a trio, Carl is the man with 2 sisters, the sisters with their own lesbian relationship :unsure:
As for Sam/Zac/ .... even Dylan, there will be sex but we can't talk about a long term relationship between Sophia and one of them, a relationship known to more people I mean. If that were to happen the end will be a very bad one for Sophia.
I think characters like Alyssa, Ellie, Vicky, Sam, Zac, Dylan, even Aiden, don't jeopardize Sophia's marriage as long as they remain secret or known to few people.

Reactions: Leldorin

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Absolutely agree with this. I was looking forward to seeing how long Sophia could resist seeing Bennett again. L&P could have even spiced it up a bit with Bennett seeing Sophia in the nightclub with Tyler's hand up her dress, adding even more blackmail fuel to the fire!

And with regards to blackmail, what is the Morello storyline if not that?
There's a lot that could have been done with Bennett's storyline & now won't be. We'll never know what L&P originally intended. IMO the Aiden stuff might well have been introduced because he felt there was still a need for a blackmail path. Despite statements to the contrary, I've always thought that the Morello route was also blackmail. Again, IMO, it's just that the Dev didn't want to label it blackmail & have it look like this device was being over-used.

Basic anti-blackmail thinking tends to run along the lines that it's OK for Sophia to be shagged by her young, inexperienced (even if he gets a girlfriend, he'll still be learning), obsessive son, her own flesh & blood BUT she must be protected from blackmailers because they're baaad men. WTF?

OR to paraphrase "Animal Farm," 'Incest Good, Blackmail Bad.' Nobody was forcing anybody to go down the blackmail routes but to be scrupulously fair, we don't know for certain if L&P was influenced by the anti-blackmail hysteria. (I think he was).

Part of the 'drop the blackmail' argument was that the game would look too much like every other corruption story. Ironically one result of all this is that this game/VN now more closely resembles every other incestfest, replete with well-hung son. It's changed almost out of recognition from the classy tale I became addicted to years ago. Incest was a part of this, of course, yet somehow everything seemed to be in balance, the writing was good & the story was intriguing.

Reinstate the full Bennett I say. "Publish & be damned."

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Debt consolidation with a viable payment plan and Don's request to Sophia is part of the payment plan.
After the prison visit we are left with 3 options. It would be interesting to know which of the three will force Sophia to do other "good deeds". It could be the first, when Sophia shows nothing, or the last.
My guess is that in the first case when Sophia flashes nothing, Larry will consider Sophia a beautiful woman among others and Tony Morello will take over and "train" Sophia to his liking. This is where Carl can come in.
The other two options will remain tied to Larry.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
There is something that intrigues me:

On all these renderings, L&P therefore considers that it has reduced them as much as possible to tell the scenes !
Really ?! 900-1000 renderings!
How many are going to be "unnecessary" to us.
A lot I think.
Be careful, I don't criticize the quality.
Necessary for an unnecessary event.
The bag is required for the leather suit but the leather suit is not required for the third task. And so on.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

fernandopoo

May 22, 2017
Users commenting on this thread focus more here than on the game itself, because game updates take a long time to be released, in this period of time users create many fantasies about future scenarios based on current progress and the encrypted spoilers that L&P gives them. This creates a tension and addiction derived from the frustration that there are no sex scenes and frustration that each update + fantasy takes a long time to come out of the users that in the end most end up being wrong with what L&P really thought for the update.

In each update: Users play the game -> They are excited by some scene without sex, they are frustrated by the shortness of the update -> Users defend L&P for the quality of the renders -> Users attack L&P because it always lengthens the updates with unnecessary renders and now for raising the resolution of the rendering in this update to 1080p (when the last update was in 720p with scaling to 1080p and users liked it). -> The cycle of defending and attacking L&P for the update ends and the vicious cycle begins again imagining the future scenarios and L&P promising 'x' amount of renders and that the update time will be faster (this last time it was for the new rtx 3090 graphics, and before this it was that it divided the day in 1/3 per update), and later L&P ends up releasing the updates at the same time and sometimes in the same time as before only now with less progress in the day. And we go back to the frustration part so that L&P finishes finishing the update and is released. It is a vicious cycle that appears to be far from over whether L&P is intentional or not.

For example in the Jessica O'neil Hard News thread, stopper doesn't comment much if anything about spoilers in each update and that means that he doesn't have as many comments as there are here.
Ok, everybody is unreliable (me included). We promise things we will not provide later. We say to complay with rules which we ended not following. We change our opinions tough we have think them to be final and solid.
This said, the problem starts when is the other fellow who is unreliable, when he/she/inbetween said something and at the end didn't follow his/her/... own words. Then the receptor of this treatment felt cheated, victim of tease or fraud or outright lies...
And we strongly feel the injustice that this sort of "evil" pays, that still this person has managed to retain his mermaid call, to lure still horny sailors into the hard reality of ... nothing to fap about. So... yup, adicted to the thimblerig operator... (and everybody has been one, even unwillingly, in one moment or the other, so I end where I began).

D

Deleted member 2896487

I was playing AWAM yesterday, just to revise what all had happened before the new update. And i struck me, and i can’t help but think of it again and again that MY WIFE looks a bit like SOPHIA. View attachment 1178262
Then keep an eye on your son, never let him anywhere near her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes