GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This should illuminate something for everyone, L&P doesn't count 'Time Served'...
When L&P calculates how much time an update has taken he counts days on which he was actively working on new content.
When we calculate how much time an update has taken we count days since the last update was released.

One of these is correct.
This is one area where I'll give L&P a break. For the most part, we here have been measuring the length of the development for this update since he started working on it- which (I think) was January 5th.

It's still a long time to wait for an update. But very few developers go straight from finishing one update to beginning the next. Given the holidays, I think it's more than fair that we scratch the last couple of weeks in December and start the clock when he began working on the update in early January. In the end, it really doesn't change anything- it will likely be five full months when the game is released.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
This is one area where I'll give L&P a break. For the most part, we here have been measuring the length of the development for this update since he started working on it- which (I think) was January 5th.

It's still a long time to wait for an update. But very few developers go straight from finishing one update to beginning the next. Given the holidays, I think it's more than fair that we scratch the last couple of weeks in December and start the clock when he began working on the update in early January. In the end, it really doesn't change anything- it will likely be five full months when the game is released.
For almost the entire January, L&P had problems with the equipment, new video cards were defective. In fact, it began work in early February.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
For almost the entire January, L&P had problems with the equipment, new video cards were defective. In fact, it began work in early February.
No, that I won't cut him any slack. Every update there seems to be a problem that's "out of his control". If he could get through consecutive updates without some sort of major delay, I would be more sympathetic.

Edit- also L&P uses the pronoun "he/him". But if you're unsure on the proper pronoun then use "they/them". Using the pronoun "it" is very odd to me. I see this constantly in this thread, the inconsistency of the pronoun used. I'm not trying to police anyone, but L&P has been clear on his pronouns, and using the pronoun "it" is just incorrect.

Last edited:

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
People who read his post about the GFX upgrade will find that to be a self-inflicted problem. As he is the one that decided to upgrade his rig to high-end GFX to render faster and which caused the problem of troubleshooting and downtime. This is why people will count the month of January as part of the production period.

D

Deleted member 2896487

Edit- also L&P uses the pronoun "he/him". But if you're unsure on the proper pronoun then use "they/them". Using the pronoun "it" is very odd to me. I see this constantly in this thread, the inconsistency of the pronoun used. I'm not trying to police anyone, but L&P has been clear on his pronouns, and using the pronoun "it" is just incorrect.

This is a pirate site where the rule is to communicate in a thread in english but we cannot expect everyone to be grammatically correct since most of the member's first language is not English. While I appreiciate your effort, you just have to let it go since not everybody is going to read your post. Some people don't even bother to check any post and they just ask about the release date and I guess you know that very well:
Honestly, at this point posts like this should catch a ban.
Also, my first language is not english so pardon me if there is any kind of mistake in my post.

Reactions: teresina and Bane71

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017

It looks like L&P will take a couple of days off before starting his next update and it won't be a vacation/holiday after this update is released.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This is a pirate site where the rule is to communicate in a thread in english but we cannot expect everyone to be grammatically correct since most of the member's first language is not English. While I appreiciate your effort, you just have to let it go since not everybody is going to read your post. Some people don't even bother to check any post and they just ask about the release date and I guess you know that very well:

Also, my first language is not english so pardon me if there is any kind of mistake in my post.
It's not so much about being grammatically correct as it is about being consistent. Most people default to using the "he/him" pronouns when addressing other posters online- trust me, I experience it. So to use other pronouns such as "her/she" or "they/them" actually shows a command of the language that is above average. Most of the people here who use the pronouns "they/them" to identify L&P have shown a very good grasp of English, even if it isn't their first language. So, my takeaway is that these posters are actually trying hard to be polite towards L&P because they aren't sure who L&P is and how they identify. It's actually super nice and polite of them to do that. I just wanted to finally say something that L&P has identified as male, and uses the pronouns "he/him". I believe the people who are most likely to use the pronouns "they/them" are also very likely to read all the posts, so they'll likely see what I said. I mean, in the end it isn't a big deal, but it was just one of those things that I felt should be mentioned at some point- and Bane just gave me the opening.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Having learnt several other Languages (not fluent in any) I have to agree with many Posts here that my native language, English, is shit... no really... Look at this >>>

Witch - a woman thought to have magic powers, especially evil ones, popularly depicted as wearing a black cloak and pointed hat and flying on a broomstick.

Which - asking for information specifying one or more people or things from a definite set.

2 words that sound exactly the same but one is a really important word used often in constructing a sentence....

Sentence - a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.

Sentance - declare the punishment decided for (an offender)

another 2 words sounding exactly the same but mean something entirely different... and we have many more crazy words like these so hats off to any of you French, Italians, Russians or Germans who get to grips with our stupid language :LOL:

Then you have our slangs - Cor blimey guvner, he ain't gonna like them apples much, give him an and me old china.

If any of you non Brits can interpret that London slang above then your phenomenal ;)
You think witch and which is bad.... wait for it...

to, too, and two

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
No, that I won't cut him any slack. Every update there seems to be a problem that's "out of his control". If he could get through consecutive updates without some sort of major delay, I would be more sympathetic.

Each of us has his own approach to evaluating L&P work, he has his own report.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
You think witch and which is bad.... wait for it...

to, too, and two
Their, there, they're.

To, too, and two is worse for most non-native speakers.

Also, only in English is this a grammatically correct sentence:

Mods- please don't delete this, just be happy we aren't attacking one another in our endless wait for the next update.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It looks like L&P will take a couple of days off before starting his next update and it won't be a vacation/holiday after this update is released.
I would be very surprised if he didn't take a vacation over the summer. I mean, he should take a vacation, all of us should. But I swear to god, if he moves again and it takes him three weeks to do it, I may have to start asking some questions.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Dr.SigmundFap

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
Their, there, they're.

To, too, and two is worse for most non-native speakers.

Also, only in English is this a grammatically correct sentence:

Mods- please don't delete this, just be happy we aren't attacking one another in our endless wait for the next update.
The auto-correct can do wonders too...
In one of my post boobs becomes “boba” (what’s even a boba...?)

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes