Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Oh no, he is clearly referring to all the people, he isn't referring to a single person, he is talking about everybody, every gender.

My question about your example is that if this is a new way of speaking? Or you have used 'they' in that context always, from centuries ago.
I'll have to read the poem again, but no this isn't a new way of speaking. This has been around for years. It's just that the context of the word is mostly used in group settings.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I'll have to read the poem again, but no this isn't a new way of speaking. This has been around for years. It's just that the context of the word is mostly used in group settings.
The thing is that your example is correct but it's different than the topic we were talking about. In this context you are referring to a somebody in a place that doesn't belong to you. So, yes, you can say look if they can help you, because at the same time you are talking about 'the customers' or the 'employees' of that store, even if you are pointing to only one person. You are referring more to the 'status' of someone than the person himself.

But when you talk about a specific person, despite of not knowing the gender, you are refering to the 'self', to the qualities that make that person unique: in this case the dev of AWAM. In this context using 'they' sounds wrong to me. Something different would be for example writing in this thread: Why they never upload the games faster? In that case you are talking about all the slower erotic games devs but no specifically to L&P.

I don't know if I was able to make my point.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
The thing is that your example is correct but it's different than the topic we were talking about. In this context you are referring to a somebody in a place that doesn't belong to you. So, yes, you can say look if they can help you, because at the same time you are talking about 'the customers' or the 'employees' of that store, even if you are pointing to only one person. You are referring more to the 'status' of someone than the person himself.

But when you talk about a specific person, despite of not knowing the gender, you are refering to the 'self', to the qualities that make that person unique: in this case the dev of AWAM. In this context using 'they' sounds wrong to me. Something different would be for example writing in this thread: Why they never upload the games faster? In that case you are talking about all the slower erotic games devs but no specifically to L&P.

I don't know if I was able to make my point.
I'll send you a message. I think we're beyond off-topic now.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Keep your progressive communist. political views to yourself. We don't need them in our games.
Don't be rude. We have a strong lesbian current in this forum demanding more scenes of this type, I would say only of this type. And this current has progressive components.
To my surprise, the same ones who correct grammar gender mistakes (his/her) in English.
So, ... :whistle: :unsure:

Aug 13, 2020
Don't be rude. We have a strong lesbian current in this forum demanding more scenes of this type, I would say only of this type. And this current has progressive components.
To my surprise, the same ones who correct grammar gender mistakes (his/her) in English.
So, ... :whistle: :unsure:
Ok sorry if I sounded rude , but my point is : we don't need to be concerned about who gets offended with our use or lack thereof words that are not politically correct or "inclusive" or "gender neutral" in our games. We have enough thought police and grammar and speech Nazis in real life , we don't need it in our games. Freedom of speech should not be regulated by anyone , and that includes the words we want to use (as long as they are not direct personal insults to someone or calls of violence against someone or a group of people) regardless of who gets offended. Just saying.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Ok sorry if I sounded rude , but my point is : we don't need to be concerned about who gets offended with our use or lack thereof words that are not politically correct or "inclusive" or "gender neutral" in our games. We have enough thought police and grammar and speech Nazis in real life , we don't need it in our games. Freedom of speech should not be regulated by anyone , and that includes the words we want to use regardless of who gets offended. Just saying.
Freedom of speech isn't the issue here. Everyone here can speak their minds however they feel like it. However, using the correct sentence structure and words does make your point and cases about a topic stronger, and it keeps people from scratching their heads trying to figure out what you mean. But I do understand your point that too much "Grammar Policing" could be annoying.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Their, there, they're.

To, too, and two is worse for most non-native speakers.

Also, only in English is this a grammatically correct sentence:

Mods- please don't delete this, just be happy we aren't attacking one another in our endless wait for the next update.
I cannot remember the author but, there is a book, in German, that is 100 pages long ...... 1 sentence. The entire purpose of the author was to show it could be done. IF I remember correctly it was pre-ww2 time frame. Dang, when do you take a breath?

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Ok sorry if I sounded rude , but my point is : we don't need to be concerned about who gets offended with our use or lack thereof words that are not politically correct or "inclusive" or "gender neutral" in our games. We have enough thought police and grammar and speech Nazis in real life , we don't need it in our games. Freedom of speech should not be regulated by anyone , and that includes the words we want to use (as long as they are not direct personal insults to someone or calls of violence against someone or a group of people) regardless of who gets offended. Just saying.
Of course the call to violence rule is waived for Bennett or Aiden. Just Sayin!;)

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Interesting discussion, but you are moving away from the new Progress line promoted by Biden and Trudeau. The new Progress line promotes inclusive, gender-neutral language.
So, excuse me, but English discriminates, separating by gender. :whistle:
And other languages don't. Gimmie a break. German is full of feminine, masculine, and neutral (or is it neutered). How many others fit that bill.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I think you're making this a little bit more complicated than what it is.

"And whoever walks a furlong without sympathy walks to his own
funeral drest in his shroud."

The author has already identified the gender in this sentence, and he is conveying that the gender is male in his poem. Now let's go back to your previous example of "They." I think this is the best way to describe this word in a sentence with a definition.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Picture you're outside of a store, and you and someone with you see a person in the store, but you don't know the gender. One of you may tell the other to go see if they may help you. Once you know the gender, you can use the word he or she.
Since we have clearly wandered into the "Who knows what" zone. According to the current concepts pushed by the 'mental health experts' vice empirical science you will not know someones gender until you ask them. There is no easy visual reference, audio reference, or physical clues (Hair, clothing, makeup, etc...) that will provide the answer. And fluidity means it could change while you are standing there. And yes I have seen that game. Apparently, Mr Darwin did not know shit!

Reactions: nexer

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
And other languages don't. Gimmie a break. German is full of feminine, masculine, and neutral (or is it neutered). How many others fit that bill.
Right. Fuck all this languages :ROFLMAO:. I will use from now on: his pussy and her dick.
However, there is a language without gender differences. Hungarian.
I'm sure we have a Hungarian here to confirm.
1620817455543.png

Reactions: t3alqdansam
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes