GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
what it literally means: keep quiet. For lack of interest. Not having money invested in this project takes away the right to complain.
Ok, great. Well I'm glad that we have someone to tell us what we can and cannot discuss. Please, tell us more about what is allowed.

Edit- to stay on topic, if I were trying to hire someone I think I would be best off putting more detail into my job post. A one sentence blurb doesn't really tell anyone much. I understand that he'll tell them more in a private message, but why not give more details up front? Wouldn't that help a potential hire know if this is the sort of job they want to take?

Last edited:

sphynks80

Dec 9, 2017
Ok, great. Well I'm glad that we have someone to tell us what we can and cannot discuss. Please, tell us more about what is allowed.

Edit- to stay on topic, if I were trying to hire someone I think I would be best off putting more detail into my job post. A once sentence blurb doesn't really tell anyone much. I understand that he'll tell them more in a private message, but why not give more details up front? Wouldn't that help a potential hire know if this is the sort of job they want to take?
it is not a question of what is allowed or not allowed. The specific point is the denigration of the paying patreons in relation to the delay of the updates. Now, without bothering Aristotle's logic, if one does not belong to this category of payers, he cannot complain about the slowness of updates in the face of payments, since he does not pay anything. In my country there is a proverb that says: "on a donated horse you don't look in the mouth ..."

• Angry
Reactions: Toushiro and Bane71

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
it is not a question of what is allowed or not allowed. The specific point is the denigration of the paying patreons in relation to the delay of the updates. Now, without bothering Aristotle's logic, if one does not belong to this category of payers, he cannot complain about the slowness of updates in the face of payments, since he does not pay anything. In my country there is a proverb that says: "on a donated horse you don't look in the mouth ..."
Sorry, but we ain't in your country. This site is not behind the paywall. This is a free area. There are a whole lot of folks here with good ideas and good comments whether they pay L&P or not is not the point. There are some with bad ideas and bad comments. That is why they can chat away to their hearts content. They do not have access to the Patreon chat that you do so that is where payers get their due. Not here. Sorry if that chaps your ......! :devilish:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
It is probably for the "Automatic update" feature he said he wants to integrate in the new version. https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-115-lust-passion.5944/post-5794100
I don't know if any other game has already a feature like that. For sure it requires python knowledge and programming skills.
There is no auto update feature.
The updates get broken down into patches so that you don't have to download the whole game again for each update,just the update it self.

Reactions: xxxorro

ar1122

Dec 29, 2017
Oh yes. I knew what you were asking for. However, I no longer trust in it. I no longer go there.
Sarcastic humor sometimes doesn't translate I guess. Don't take it personally. My response is in regard to the global issue.
The update schedule is so far behind and the production amount teased is very different to the expectations communicated by L&P. I enjoy the quality of the work and most things L&P has produced and rate it highly. However, L&P, you are making your own Hell. Ignore it to your own peril.

View attachment 1208219
Those posts only puts more pressure and risk on L&P because of the expectations he himself sets. Anything other than spectacular sets himself up for criticism. I question that decision. Best thing for L&P to do is simple. Put all efforts into releasing this update. Reason? Because it's so far behind and off on what L&P himself set as expectations. This is also a form of integrity to the art itself, not only exclusive to healthy human interactions. Yes, nothing ever goes perfect and most understand that, but this is so far off of the goals stated.. I sense a disconnect and it is painful to watch. L&P's own PR decisions here is atrocious. This is not said out of malice but with honesty. I hope that a helpful and good lesson is learned here by L&P so that potential talent can truly be reached and not result in failure.

There are reasons for these posts..

This update I hope in the quality and the art. I try to forget the journey.
Next update, all this should be so fixable... but... all I am left with is worry that was well earned.
This is for L&P to figure out.
L&P learn from it. Be curious for your own improvement. The integrity of your decisions will always find you.
Yeah but this is i thik the most viewed work of all in f95 i think and for me the best but if the update took so long it just destroyes it lol.:) :cool: :cool:

Reactions: Cold brew

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017

Edit- to stay on topic, if I were trying to hire someone I think I would be best off putting more detail into my job post. A once sentence blurb doesn't really tell anyone much. I understand that he'll tell them more in a private message, but why not give more details up front? Wouldn't that help a potential hire know if this is the sort of job they want to take?
Actually I'm only looking for someone who could check and fix DOL to save time for me. That's why you actually only need to be deligent and have experience with Renpy and some Python knowledge. And this is also why the post is as big as it is. Everything like update mode, cheat mode, naming save files mode etc is already done! So, no need for more unfounded conspiracy theories. I think there're already enough of them here.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Actually I'm only looking for someone who could check and fix DOL to save time for me. That's why you actually only need to be deligent and have experience with Renpy and some Python knowledge. And this is also why the post is as big as it is. Everything like update mode, cheat mode, naming save files mode etc is already done! So, no need for more unfounded conspiracy theories. I think there're already enough of them here.
To be fair a lot of the flack levelled at L&P is from a(few) ill informed people who have not read some of the posts on this forum.
As for some of his goals, why would that trouble you?We may never know if he carried out what he said he would.
As for rest, he may/or may not have he has brought this upon himself as we all have different opinions on how things should be done.

Last edited:

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
There is no auto update feature.
The updates get broken down into patches so that you don't have to download the whole game again for each update,just the update it self.
Ok, but he is also hinting at a button to do that automatically, i.e. wo going to a site to download the patch and add it to the current game.
plus there will be a new update button where you will be able wo download only the new stuff without downloading the whole game again and again.
Everything like update mode, cheat mode, naming save files mode etc is already done!
If they are only patches there is not much development to do, he "only" needs to better organize the files so that it's easier to separate each patch and merge them inside the current game (like other games do).
What it seems he wants to do is an automatic way to download and merge the patches.
But I don't know, that's what I understand from his messages.

cheesespread

Nov 21, 2017
there's a feature in renpy that lets it download patches from a website and unpack and repack the game files

doesn't look hard to do

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
So, in my country we have a version of that saying also but the fact is that we're all equal here. That includes both patrons & pirates, who come here to discuss AWAM, which means that frequently opinions are expressed. Some of us have been with the game since the start, or near the start. Most of us are hoping the game will succeed & make suggestions, while a few just come to criticise. This is a pirate site, so by its' very nature, contains those like myself, who've never subscribed. There are a diverse range of people present from around the globe. Misunderstandings can & do occur, while one or two have registered simply to troll &/or start an argument.

L&P, or anyone else, is free to take opinions & ideas on board, or reject, or completely ignore them. Discussions which go off-topic are deleted by the moderators. Sometimes insults are traded, or discussions become heated, because people can be passionate about AWAM. Most of the time the tenor of the ongoing discourse with multiple participants is polite & even restrained. There are many facets to the discussion, which is broader & longer than most I've been part of on F95. Some ideas are good, others not so much but everyone has the right to express them & it's all a matter of personal opinion. I could turn your point on its' head & ask, 'why come to a pirate site if you don't want to hear pirates?'

No-one has the right to tell anyone who isn't a patron to shut up, unless it's the moderators, acting on behalf of the site owners.
I do have subscriptions to artists on Patreon but I won't subscribe to AWAM while the rate of updates is slowing down, especially now. This hasn't removed my right to speak freely. I choose not to comment on the Dev's income because I don't contribute to it. This relates to another saying in my country, ie "put your money where your mouth is." Anything else IMO is fair game within the limits described above.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes