Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
it is not a question of what is allowed or not allowed. The specific point is the denigration of the paying patreons in relation to the delay of the updates. Now, without bothering Aristotle's logic, if one does not belong to this category of payers, he cannot complain about the slowness of updates in the face of payments, since he does not pay anything. In my country there is a proverb that says: "on a donated horse you don't look in the mouth ..."
I'm anxiously awaiting this community's deep dive into the nuances, sexual subtext, classical literature references, and downright naughtiness of the Dylan/Julia/Emma/Ellie foursome event scheduled for playable day 22. But since that is about a decade away I will fill my time providing L&P and anyone else who reads this thread my suggestions for how the development could be improved/accelerated.

BTW and FYI: In English the expression is "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" (with no ellipses) and while it may be a commonly used proverb in your country, it is very unlikely to be from your country. According to theidioms.com, [emphasis added]
"It is an ancient expression and the exact origin is unknown. However, the first print occurrence in English is found in 1546 in John Heywood’s “A dialogue conteinyng the nomber in effect of all the prouerbes in the Englishe tongue” (middle English). The phrase can be traced further back to the Latin text of St Jerome, The Letter to the Ephesians, in AD 400.
Source:

Furthermore, I would say the application of this particular proverb to bolster your argument is a complete and utter failure of logic, Aristotelean or otherwise, or at minimum a misunderstanding of the scenario. I think an allegory is more apt:

I was dehydrated, starving, and near death on a deserted stretch of road outside San Alejo. I landed at the airport more than a two weeks prior. While trying to find my rental car on the ninth floor of the parking garage, some asshole in a very expensive looking sports coup - which I'm sure had at least six people in it despite being a five-seater - driving manically fast nearly runs me over. I lunged out of the way, dropping everything I was carrying, obviously, and somehow stumbled over the barrier, eventually tumbling 3,000 meters downhill, breaking my leg and several ribs in the process. I can't get up, I can't move, I can't help myself. My luggage and personal effects, including my cell phone, are either still up in that parking garage or strewn about the cliffs above, but either way are irretrievable. I'm fucked, right?

Crippled, lost, directionless, and with little hope of realizing the bright future I'd been looking forward to for years, I begin walking, limping and crawling as best I can. As I said, this goes on for more than two weeks, I'm living off dew collected in leaves and bugs I can catch and keep down without vomiting. I saw what looked like a deer, which would have been good protein but it was too rancid for me to consider it edible. The maggots gestating inside did provide enough sustenance for me to carry on, though.

I hear the sound of a car in the distance - a road! I lumber towards the sound and collapse on the side of a highway - I'm going to make it, I'm going to be ok!

Eventually, a man and woman on a motorcycle drive by and stop to ask me what's wrong (the woman is quite beautiful and her cheeks are flushed, I notice, and the man has a very confident and knowing smirk on his face). I tell them I haven't had a sip of water in nearly three days and I'm near death and ask if they could please help me out. They say they have nothing on them but they will be back with help. They ride off, and all I can think is that I will soon have food and water and another look at that sumptuous woman, her massive boobs and that incredibly tight black leather riding kit. I'm happy.

I wait. And I wait. Night falls. Nothing. I pass out. I awake to sunlight. Time passes, still no help arrives. I start crawling in the direction they were riding. I crawl all day, and by late afternoon I can see off in the distance a gas station on the side of the road with a minimart. There's a public pay phone and a shop full of bottled water, juices, and snacks. Did they just abandon me to die there knowing my plight? Why didn't they just call for help and bring me some water?! How cruel and selfish of them.

As my anger builds I hear what sounds like an armada of vehicles, including a motorcycle, coming up the road. It's him! He did come back - but what took so long?

He explains:
"Hey man, I know you've been hurting for a long time living on the scraps you could find, but I couldn't resist the notion that you might want more than water and a trip to the hospital. So I arranged a gourmet buffet meal for you! And a mariachi band to keep the mood up! But then I thought you'd also want a snake charmer, which I don't have to tell you takes some time to find, especially around here! And what party would be complete without a dance floor, which of course needs proper disco hall lighting. I had to build the portable dance floor all by myself because, you know, I couldn't find any carpenters that were better than me on short notice willing to work for cheap, so what's the point, right? And a dance party needs a DJ, which means a sound system and a portable power generator. And then I was sure you'd want to parade into town accompanied by the bumping beats of the local high school marching band, so I had to round them up, get the parental permission slips, arrange for transportation, and then the rehearsals. You know, it has to sound perfect right? Can't have sub-standard music for this event, right?"

I am stunned. But you know what the real kicker in all that is, he didn't even bring that hot sexy woman with him...

Last edited:

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
Honestly, for Patreon they should have been doing that long ago.
Why isn’t Bardi a college student, so he’s not a minor & Monica’s not his mom, it’s not incest, havnt played all the updates but last thing I remember him doing was checking to see if his mom Betty & Monica were wearing panties & if they were he would spank them. Sound about right?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
yes :) just to see the gap (delta or epsilon ?) between this two games.
Is it just relationships that are changed ?
If it’s just that, then there’s no point in playing it, I’ll give you that.
Ellie and Dylan are no longer Sophia's children- so their relationship is actually made very weird if you play the game literally
Patricia is Sophia's friend
The 2nd side job is removed entirely
No shower scenes with Ellie
Almost everything else is the same, just with awkward changes to the script. I really don't think it's worth your time, the game is not designed to be taken seriously.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
it is not a question of what is allowed or not allowed. The specific point is the denigration of the paying patreons in relation to the delay of the updates. Now, without bothering Aristotle's logic, if one does not belong to this category of payers, he cannot complain about the slowness of updates in the face of payments, since he does not pay anything. In my country there is a proverb that says: "on a donated horse you don't look in the mouth ..."
To the credit of L&P, his story and its characters do not contradict themselves - they are internally consistent. There's never been a situation I can recall where a character makes a declarative statement and then contradicts their declaration in the very next sentence.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Why isn’t Bardi a college student, so he’s not a minor & Monica’s not his mom, it’s not incest, havnt played all the updates but last thing I remember him doing was checking to see if his mom Betty & Monica were wearing panties & if they were he would spank them. Sound about right?
What are you talking about?

Reactions: Sonny86

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Thank you very much for your detailed answer (y)
We only brought up DOL last night because I think it's ironic that it could be a good game. If it weren't tied to AWAM, and was instead designed to be a standalone game, I think with some work it could have been great.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Sounds about right....for Fashion Business. Spanking in AWAM has been very mild & that's an understatement.

roam;)

Jul 29, 2020
We only brought up DOL last night because I think it's ironic that it could be a good game. If it weren't tied to AWAM, and was instead designed to be a standalone game, I think with some work it could have been great.
excuse me, what is DOL exactly?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It has been covered numerous times in this thread. Decisions of a Life is the official name of AWAM. Patreon has many rules for the kind of adult content you can produce, so to get around those rules AWAM has been rebranded as DOL. The game itself is mostly a "Find & Replace" game where certain key words and relationships have been ham-handily changed. In addition to that, certain scenes have been removed entirely that could raise questions even if the relationships are technically "ok". In short, it's kind of a mess of a game if you don't know about AWAM. But, knowing what we know now, if L&P had made some minor changes to relationships, DOL could have been a great standalone game.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Decisions of Life. The Patreon-friendly official version of AWAM. Ellie is a "friend", Patricia is Sophia's "best friend", and Dylan/Sam/Julia/Marie/Zac etc are lodgers. Most of the scenes with underage or possible incest are removed, for example if you're doing the second side job, you don't get the option to give the sex-ed classes.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
So, in my country we have a version of that saying also but the fact is that we're all equal here. That includes both patrons & pirates, who come here to discuss AWAM, which means that frequently opinions are expressed. Some of us have been with the game since the start, or near the start. Most of us are hoping the game will succeed & make suggestions, while a few just come to criticise. This is a pirate site, so by its' very nature, contains those like myself, who've never subscribed. There are a diverse range of people present from around the globe. Misunderstandings can & do occur, while one or two have registered simply to troll &/or start an argument.

L&P, or anyone else, is free to take opinions & ideas on board, or reject, or completely ignore them. Discussions which go off-topic are deleted by the moderators. Sometimes insults are traded, or discussions become heated, because people can be passionate about AWAM. Most of the time the tenor of the ongoing discourse with multiple participants is polite & even restrained. There are many facets to the discussion, which is broader & longer than most I've been part of on F95. Some ideas are good, others not so much but everyone has the right to express them & it's all a matter of personal opinion. I could turn your point on its' head & ask, 'why come to a pirate site if you don't want to hear pirates?'

No-one has the right to tell anyone who isn't a patron to shut up, unless it's the moderators, acting on behalf of the site owners.
I do have subscriptions to artists on Patreon but I won't subscribe to AWAM while the rate of updates is slowing down, especially now. This hasn't removed my right to speak freely. I choose not to comment on the Dev's income because I don't contribute to it. This relates to another saying in my country, ie "put your money where your mouth is." Anything else IMO is fair game within the limits described above.
You are of course right, here no one has the right to forbid someone else to speak out!

But someone creates dozens of accounts and attacks those whose statements he doesn't like.
Probably these same people repeatedly express their dissatisfaction on the same issues. Some people really allow themselves to tell L&P how and what he needs to do, as if we were in a chat between a manager and a subordinate.

It just gets boring and makes this chat tedious and uninteresting.
So I'm not at all surprised that L&P has little discussion with us about the development and storyline of AWAM.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
You are of course right, here no one has the right to forbid someone else to speak out!

But someone creates dozens of accounts and attacks those whose statements he doesn't like.
Probably these same people repeatedly express their dissatisfaction on the same issues. Some people really allow themselves to tell L&P how and what he needs to do, as if we were in a chat between a manager and a subordinate.

It just gets boring and makes this chat tedious and uninteresting.
So I'm not at all surprised that L&P has little discussion with us about the development and storyline of AWAM.
People complaining about other posters pollute this thread more than people who show dissatisfaction with the game/development of the game which titles the thread.

Pointing flaws to the game and its development is actually in line with the topic (and any game topic out there) but trying to shut people up or constantly crying everytime someone says something about the development of the game isn't and adds 0 to discussion, zero.

Hype for viper6 reply
Oh man post that a couple of times more so that other dude who said L&P didnt ask for help for translation and that I was disrespecting L&P by getting help, sees it and engrains in his mind that L&P is asking for help again. :ROFLMAO:

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes