ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
if Decent monkey merge with l&p i probably lost appetite to play this game, why Decent monkey tends to make MC suffer through blackmail & rape while L&P used slow corruption as a snail and the blackmail is avoidable unlike Decent Monkey to forced his blackmail progression to the player
Where L&P's AWAM is hideously slow in terms of updates, Decent Monkey's Fashion Business is a grindfest. I played Chapter 1 but never made it through Ch.2. Even if Sophia & Monica inhabit the same universe, the styles & approaches to gameplay are not compatible. Somewhere in the fan art there was a crossover where both MC's bumped (literally) into each other. That's as far as things will ever go IMO.

Both games have more positives than negatives but the negatives are big. Strangely, although I'm certain it's not the intention, both games punish the players but in different ways. I wish they wouldn't do that.....

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Agree with you in principal, especially this last question: yes, very much so. All the more reason to fuck-off all the Dylan POV stuff and focus on Sophia's POV more.

Remember there was massive buildup and "sorry for the delays, it's so complicated" for weeks and weeks about the Yoga scene - "His Biggest Scene Yet!" Turns out the reason it took so fucking long was that he did it twice. And the shower scene as well. L&P rendered it twice. Just so we could learn that Dylan was getting really horny with all those really amazingly hot chicks.

Luckily we're getting very critically placed pigeons and god-rays in the background for several frames in this next update which did not in any way extend the development time of this installment and will be among my most stand-out memories of this installment. The thought of Sophia in that black leather riding suit and all the impulses it stirs in me will just get pushed aside when I consider how perfect the lighting is on that closeup of Liam in the car ride to the bridal shop.
Sarcasm and humor are always good. But you must agree that any criticism should have its own moral and ethical norms and boundaries, regardless of who we criticize the politician, artist or ordinary person, just like yourself, only with a different opinion.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Sarcasm and humor are always good. But you must agree that any criticism should have its own moral and ethical norms and boundaries, regardless of who we criticize the politician, artist or ordinary person, just like yourself, only with a different opinion.
I think I get what you’re saying but I’m not sure how it’s applicable here, in that I dont see where I’ve breached any moral or ethical boundaries.

Sure, I’m being sarcastic but it’s not like I’m throwing in [edit: self-censored] references.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I think I get what you’re saying but I’m not sure how it’s applicable here, in that I dont see where I’ve breached any moral or ethical boundaries.

Sure, I’m being sarcastic but it’s not like I’m throwing in [edit: self-censored] references.
Speaking about the boundaries, I did not mean you personally, I mean that some critics allow themselves to absolutize their opinions and go far beyond the boundaries of reasonable criticism.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Speaking about the boundaries, I did not mean you personally, I mean that some critics allow themselves to absolutize their opinions and go far beyond the boundaries of reasonable criticism.
Ah, I would agree with that and consider myself guilty on more than a few occasions.

• Love
Reactions: Bane71

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
We are all not without sin ... ;)
Totally. You could say I fall victim to vanity and self-indulgence with some of my posts, which is a breach of morality, or at least a moral failing, in a strictly doctrinaire view of it.

But then I can easily forgive myself for a moral lapse every now and again. It’s not like I’ve dedicated four years of my life to developing a story portraying the morally questionable pairings of mother/daughter and mother/son and teacher/pupil, and perhaps even sister/sister, in lewd and lascivious acts of carnal knowledge.

Reactions: keefer43 and Bane71
D

Deleted member 3714761

Where L&P's AWAM is hideously slow in terms of updates, Decent Monkey's Fashion Business is a grindfest. I played Chapter 1 but never made it through Ch.2. Even if Sophia & Monica inhabit the same universe, the styles & approaches to gameplay are not compatible. Somewhere in the fan art there was a crossover where both MC's bumped (literally) into each other. That's as far as things will ever go IMO.

Both games have more positives than negatives but the negatives are big. Strangely, although I'm certain it's not the intention, both games punish the players but in different ways. I wish they wouldn't do that.....
Decent Monkey's Fashion Business is not a grindfest anymore. It has now quest mechanism like NLT's TON. But I agree with you about the two games not compatible.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Totally. You could say I fall victim to vanity and self-indulgence with some of my posts, which is a breach of morality, or at least a moral failing, in a strictly doctrinaire view of it.

But then I can easily forgive myself for a moral lapse every now and again. It’s not like I’ve dedicated four years of my life to developing a story portraying the morally questionable pairings of mother/daughter and mother/son and teacher/pupil, and perhaps even sister/sister, in lewd and lascivious acts of carnal knowledge.
Totally agree with you!
When we play such games, and in our daily life, our actions very often balance on the verge of good and evil, virtue and sin. Therefore, I think each of us needs to evaluate ourselves and our actions from time to time, as honestly and objectively as possible.
I think this is useful not only for individuals but also for society.

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
... I originally looked into it to see if there were any hints as to who would have relationships with who - for example, if Claire and Marie were written in DoL as mother and daughter, that would mean that they were not going to have a sexual relationship, but since all parent/child relationships in the game are lodger/Landlady...
I thought the same thing at one point - but then I was playing a different game a while ago and saw dialogue that read: "You're slandladying me" instead of "You're smothering me" and I realized most Devs just do a Ctrl-Find & Ctrl-Replace for keywords.

Which is fair enough, if I was forced to put together a sterilized version of a game just to stay under Patreon's radar I'd give it my absolute minimum effort.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl
Mar 25, 2021
I thought the same thing at one point - but then I was playing a different game a while ago and saw dialogue that read: "You're slandladying me" instead of "You're smothering me" and I realized most Devs just do a Ctrl-Find & Ctrl-Replace for keywords.

Which is fair enough, if I was forced to put together a sterilized version of a game just to stay under Patreon's radar I'd give it my absolute minimum effort.
What game was you playing

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

That's hilarious.

That said though, if you read the rules for creators that sort of low effort product can get you in trouble because it's clearly an attempt to circumvent the rules. Clearly Patreon knows people do it, and they aren't banning everyone, but it's something to be aware of. If push comes to shove, and Patreon starts to ask questions you don't have a leg to stand on.

Reactions: Jude6

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

I think it really depends a lot on what your target market is. If it's for people with an incest kink, then yeah, the minimum amount of effort to stay within the rules makes sense.

But as gingersweetgirl has been saying, with a bit more effort, a half-decent product could still be made. It makes no difference to me (as someone who plays the Ellie route) if Ellie is Sophia's daughter or not. She could be the daughter of one of Sophia's family friends from back in their old town, who came to San Alejo for better opportunities for college. You'd even be able to keep all the shower scenes.

Same goes for Patricia. She could simply be Sophia's best friend growing up.

I'm a little busy at the moment, tidying up the dialogue for Free Pass, since the dev for that isn't a native English speaker either, but it's tempting after I've finished that to see if I can make a Patreon-friendly version of AWAM.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I think it really depends a lot on what your target market is. If it's for people with an incest kink, then yeah, the minimum amount of effort to stay within the rules makes sense.

But as gingersweetgirl has been saying, with a bit more effort, a half-decent product could still be made. It makes no difference to me (as someone who plays the Ellie route) if Ellie is Sophia's daughter or not. She could be the daughter of one of Sophia's family friends from back in their old town, who came to San Alejo for better opportunities for college. You'd even be able to keep all the shower scenes.

I'm a little busy at the moment, tidying up the dialogue for Free Pass, since the dev for that isn't a native English speaker either, but it's tempting after I've finished that to see if I can make a Patreon-friendly version of AWAM.
Making AWAM Patreon friendly would be a lot of work, especially if you're going to avoid the "landlady" "tenant" terminology. It can be done, but I imagine it will take a lot of added dialog.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020

By the way, I think that AWAM is often heavily criticized due to the fact that the target audience is too wide. It is natural for such a diverse audience with radically different views to have deep contradictions in their views on the plot and so on.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Making AWAM Patreon friendly would be a lot of work, especially if you're going to avoid the "landlady" "tenant" terminology. It can be done, but I imagine it will take a lot of added dialog.
True, but as I've said in the fan art thread on occasion, half the point of the renders I make for there is to gain the skills I need in order to create my own game. So yes it'll be a lot of work, but it'll be time spent I would be spending anyway, like the 8 months L&P spent before releasing the demo.

Even Dylan could be a family friend, chasing the football scholarship that ancienregimele occasionally mentions. The hard part for me would be rationalising why Sophia would accept Aiden's tasks.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
True, but as I've said in the fan art thread on occasion, half the point of the renders I make for there is to gain the skills I need in order to create my own game. So yes it'll be a lot of work, but it'll be time spent I would be spending anyway, like the 8 months L&P spent before releasing the demo.

Even Dylan could be a family friend, chasing the football scholarship that ancienregimele occasionally mentions. The hard part for me would be rationalising why Sophia would accept Aiden's tasks.
If you make Dylan Patricia's kid, Sophia could feel protective just like she currently does. This works even if Patricia is just Sophia's friend.

But the living arrangements would probably screw that up.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes