GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
There is no 0.145

Update 0.150
(Afternoon)
1) Nathalie
2) Dylan/Ellie (very small side event)
3) A little bonus storyline with Sophia (with interesting options for later)
(Evening)
4) Sam

I'm pretty confident we'll have the update 0.150 in 2021.
Why would you think that? L&P has already written that Sam's concert is going to be a complicated and large event, so most of us here have been operating under the assumption that it's going to take a lot of renders with all brand new assets. If 0.150 does come out in 2021, it will be in December. I don't personally expect it until January or February.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Why would you think that? L&P has already written that Sam's concert is going to be a complicated and large event, so most of us here have been operating under the assumption that it's going to take a lot of renders with all brand new assets. If 0.150 does come out in 2021, it will be in December. I don't personally expect it until January or February.
I think you mean "band new assets"? (not funny but I couldn't resist)

Anyway, I think the best development plan at this stage is if the evening event is split off as its own update, and there's an actual 60-75 day development cycle for the three afternoon events which puts us in late-August or early-September. If that happens there may be enough self-imposed or Patreon-imposed pressure to get the Sam event out around Christmas 2021. Not saying we'll get there, but I see that as the only hope.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Shhhhhh, not so loud. What is with the negative vibes Moriarty? ;):D:LOL:

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Open question:
Has anyone ever asked for or gotten the pre-translated script for an older release? It would be interesting to see the raw Word file in German, pre-translation, from, say, the v0.115 update or earlier. I'd be curious to see what Google Translate or Deepl would churn out and how much revision would be required to achieve believable conversational/colloquial English.

(Disclosure: I am not professing any expertise, I learned of Deepl here on this forum)

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Google and Deepl are services created in the United States. For them, the priority language is not German. We need a translator created in Germany based on neural networks. Because for him, German-English will be the very first priority.
Um, of course there are (probably) far more optimal options, up to and including a professional translator whose only job is translating German - English, but that's not the premise of the question. The premise is to ascertain what a freebie translator would do to the original script and how much tinkering would be needed to get it into shape.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
There is no 0.145

Update 0.150
(Afternoon)
1) Nathalie
2) Dylan/Ellie (very small side event)
3) A little bonus storyline with Sophia (with interesting options for later)
(Evening)
4) Sam

I'm pretty confident we'll have the update 0.150 in 2021.
Glad someone is. . . XD XD XD

• Haha
Reactions: Lukereds

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Open question:
Has anyone ever asked for or gotten the pre-translated script for an older release? It would be interesting to see the raw Word file in German, pre-translation, from, say, the v0.115 update or earlier. I'd be curious to see what Google Translate or Deepl would churn out and how much revision would be required to achieve believable conversational/colloquial English.

(Disclosure: I am not professing any expertise, I learned of Deepl here on this forum)
Almost all of them, Deepl included who trained an IA for this, used EU texts, which translate into all European languages. All these texts do not use colloquial language. Slang is out of the question.

Reactions: Bane71

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I will never ask for that, because honestly I don't like teasers. I find that spoils the surprise a bit.
That's why I asked that it always be (if there is any under spoil tags).
Also, out of respect for the patreons (legend or not), I prefer to stay at my humble level and not have any preview information or have very general information (like, is there a bad/happy end ?).
I'm not a progressive (they would like a revolution to redistribute the money but they don't know how to start :ROFLMAO: ) but if I could I would hack Patreon.

• Haha
Reactions: Bane71

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Do you really think it will take 7-8 months for the next update ? :unsure:

For 0.130 we are already at 5 months, and there are still a lot of people who are worried about increasing the spacing of the updates ( I'm not talking about those who think it's a disaster, just people wondering if this is exceptional or a new trend) .

I'm not sure, but just confident.
If the release is a great update and the fans are thrilled, then maybe there will be this trend to put more and more content into each event. But even that I don't think so. Because the story must still advance a minimum, there are too many 'open doors'. After all, I don't know what L&P has in store for us.

It's just my feeling :)
Yes I do.

1. I think L&P will probably take time off in July or August. Honestly, I can't blame him- everyone deserves a long vacation.
  2. Nothing in recent history shows that he can put an update out quickly
  3. As life returns to normal post-COVID, there will be more distractions than usual
  4. If his development of 0.130 is any indication, we're looking at 0.150 needing 1000+ renders, I could see 1,200. Mission creep will kick in like it always does. Things have a habit of getting away from him, I don't have any confidence that the Dylan/Ellie event will really be "small" for example.
  5. Let's assume 0.130 is released June 13th, he probably won't even begin work on 0.150 until sometimes around July 1. If he doesn't take a vacation in August, that would only give him six months to January 1st to develop 0.150. Since 0.150 is likely to be a bigger update than 0.130, I just don't see how that's enough time for him especially if he takes time off in August.

Reactions: Alley_Cat and soure
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes