Gandhifire

Jun 7, 2019
As far as I understand, the story has already been written. Pre-translating everything should be the easiest thing he can do to speed things up. No reason why the translator can't be working in advance of where the story is. If any revisions are done, they can just put that ahead of the rest of it.

At least a few devs on here already have the story in code too, they just paste it over into renpy when they get to it. I don't see why he can't do that too.

Doing those things would probably save a month of development time. The art may be the bottleneck, but he can optimize the rest of it to make it a quicker process.
He doesn't know the exact number of renders beforehand to write the storylines.

Jul 28, 2017
Imagine if you spent an 8 hour a day at work actually working and all you acheived was 2 pages of translation. I give you about a week before management says "thanks and see you later". aparantly however this is an entirely accpetable amount of work for what is effectively a fully funded IE: he can work on this full time due to the money he earns, project.

Park the "hes a creative perfectionist" aside with the renders and realise that I very much assume he had this release date in his head from the get go, as him and Stoper for all the BS and problems and creative geniuses they are play the same rubbish ever expanding development time.

I mean if you can be supported by a rabbid fan base thats happy to support you no matter what, well then thats the base mark. They'll support you no matter how long it takes, and these guys know that.

Looking forward to the absolute rage that 6 months of patreon patronage will dump out, which will be more walking, talking, and hints of cleavage. how exciting.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Imagine if you spent an 8 hour a day at work actually working and all you acheived was 2 pages of translation. I give you about a week before management says "thanks and see you later". aparantly however this is an entirely accpetable amount of work for what is effectively a fully funded IE: he can work on this full time due to the money he earns, project.

Park the "hes a creative perfectionist" aside with the renders and realise that I very much assume he had this release date in his head from the get go, as him and Stoper for all the BS and problems and creative geniuses they are play the same rubbish ever expanding development time.

I mean if you can be supported by a rabbid fan base thats happy to support you no matter what, well then thats the base mark. They'll support you no matter how long it takes, and these guys know that.

Looking forward to the absolute rage that 6 months of patreon patronage will dump out, which will be more walking, talking, and hints of cleavage. how exciting.
Listen, you personally and other guys who think the same as you, that he does not only translate!
He wrote that he does translation and programming, but did you play the game at all? Have you noticed how many different routes there are in the game? He also checks all this to make sure that all the texts correspond to different routes and that the program works correctly and guides you in the game on the right route. If you do not understand this, I understand L&P when he calls people like you idiots.

P.S. There is no absolute anger in my words, I'm just trying to clarify that L&P has a much more voluminous and complex work than many people imagine.

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
The One can't handle his excitement.
Perhaps he shall cleanse Mother Sophia's breast at the park!
Then the heretics will raise their pitchforks and shovels and harm our One yet again :cry:
Or maybe sing joyful songs in his name!

By golly I can breath in that fabric!
thank you bro, you are very funny ❤

Reactions: Bishop Robert

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The One can't handle his excitement.
Perhaps he shall cleanse Mother Sophia's breast at the park!
Then the heretics will raise their pitchforks and shovels and harm our One yet again :cry:
Or maybe sing joyful songs in his name!

By golly I can breath in that fabric!
Or, like happens each update especially the Dylan ones, there will be a lot of hype about what he will get up to, update will come out and then there'll be all the complaints about how this game is blueballing.

At this point in the Dylan route, Sophia is struggling to reconcile Dylan's behaviour and the things he is asking of Sophia. The whole point of the Emma and Marie paths is for Dylan to be able to safely experiment with girls and learn how to treat a woman. That he is malleable and not as set in his ways as the college boys Marie is probably used to dating is likely why Marie is pursuing him.

And even for those that didn't do the Yoga event, there's the salon event on playable day 13 with Marie. So until this Marie path has reached its conclusion, the Sophia/Dylan events are likely just going to be filler, like packing peanuts

Reactions: hzjujk

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
Or, like happens each update especially the Dylan ones, there will be a lot of hype about what he will get up to, update will come out and then there'll be all the complaints about how this game is blueballing.

At this point in the Dylan route, Sophia is struggling to reconcile Dylan's behaviour and the things he is asking of Sophia. The whole point of the Emma and Marie paths is for Dylan to be able to safely experiment with girls and learn how to treat a woman. That he is malleable and not as set in his ways as the college boys Marie is probably used to dating is likely why Marie is pursuing him.

And even for those that didn't do the Yoga event, there's the salon event on playable day 13 with Marie. So until this Marie path has reached its conclusion, the Sophia/Dylan events are likely just going to be filler, like packing peanuts
Who has foreseen this side of the prophecy?

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I don't play all possible routes for the same reason I don't eat cardboard - takes too long and is just bland.
I wonder when I stepped on your corn?
I see a clear desire to prick me. I believe only because I show understanding and tolerance towards L&P.
I perfectly understand that everyone has their own preferences, both in computer games and in food.
I could understand you if there were sex scenes in the game that you do not accept. And if we make an analogy with the consumption of food, then the table has not yet been set in the game, the discussion of the menu is dragging on for at least a couple of years, you have not even been invited to the table yet, and you are already showing disgust and dislike for some dishes that are on the table not yet.

But in any case, to each his own and I partly understand you.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
As far as I understand, the story has already been written. Pre-translating everything should be the easiest thing he can do to speed things up. No reason why the translator can't be working in advance of where the story is. If any revisions are done, they can just put that ahead of the rest of it.

At least a few devs on here already have the story in code too, they just paste it over into renpy when they get to it. I don't see why he can't do that too.

Doing those things would probably save a month of development time. The art may be the bottleneck, but he can optimize the rest of it to make it a quicker process.

it is clear that the story is not completely written.
it has some sort of track with the main events but all the details and most of the dialogue it creates as the game develops

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes