Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
He will not abandon the project because that would abandon a lot of money. A month-long vacation here and there though? I can see that.
He'll just become the next Gumdrop or Aorta... though of those two only Gumdrop has been able to keep it going 8k per month for not releasing anything in 4 years (yes I dont count the crappy Xmas special as a release). Aorta on the other hand went from 6k a month to like 1.2k, so despite re-releasing for the 4th TIME ! and pretending to be active he took a massive hit.

Only time will tell which path L&P's success takes... but giving how "fanatic" his fans even on this thread are, I see him following in Scumdrop's model more than Aorta's.

In before someone mentions Icstor who is completely different from the two examples I gave since he HAS completed at least 6 games !! unlike those two and L&P... is he being scummy with MC ? of course, but he isnt in the same boat as the infamous milkers.

LunaticF

Jul 21, 2017
In general, I'm like you. Lurking in the shadows, reading and laughing at the comments without interfering, but that post from L&P is really disrespectful.

Imagine Big and wealthy studios like EA, CD Projekt Red or Capcom insulting pplz of " rats " who buy their products on the release date, without pre-ordering it. What do you think would happen ? Their reputation would be dead in less than 24hrs. Social media pressure and complaints would simply destroy them. And here, we have an Adult game Dev who got too much ego and insults ppl. It simply shocks me. There's not a single inch of professionalism in those words.

Every single thing that wants light MUST accept the shadows that come with it. Piracy, criticisms, lies, etc.. There are so many examples. How many celebrities got involved in false accusations ? Didn't CD Projekt Red got his source code stolen and sold on the black market for $5 million dollars or something like that ? How much more reason should they be angrier than L&P ? Come on. If he can't accept constructive criticisms (not free bashing), he should quit developing.
I think we can all agree on the fact that L&P just dug his on grave on this rant. I wouldn't be surprised if his patreon account gets banned given the fact that he is pretty much going against their T&Cs

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes