momojean

Sep 15, 2017
So guys, allow me to divert the discussion to a different direction for a bit, as im also a big awam fan. With one question:

1. How can we, the community, help L&P to develop the game at an efficient pace, lets say... reach 1 update/2 months?

To be honest, I feel like money isnt enough, he already reached all goals. So what else can we do? Which one of us works in translations? Which one of us can get a rendering factory to fasten that process for him? Like for real...

Same question for L&P, how more can we help?

I dont want to give any story directions, everything is great as it is, as long as the story does move forward. So...

How can we help? How does L&P wishes to be helped?
You are just dreaming there my friend. L&P knows full well that any kind of help will speed up the game's development process. But guess what? He's the one who doesn't want it. and that's for reasons.

1 / involving strangers in his kitchen will reveal the real reasons for the legendary slowness of this game. So he prefers to keep his secret and continue to tell people his unbelievable lies about it.

2 / thinking like a retiree, L&P believes that speeding up the development process will decrease the number of years during which he will earn the comfortable income he is earning right now. And it's that simple. The guy is doing calculations.

Earning $ 10,000 per month for 15 years equals a total gain of $ 1.8 million.

But earning $ 20,000 (he can do it easily if he was a little smarter) for 5 years equates to a total gain of just $ 1.2 Million. Shit! we're talking millions here ... and it's real.

But stupid as he is, he doesn't want to understand that for the next 15 years he can run 2 or 3 more games and still earn around $ 20,000 every month. which equates to a total gain of $ 3.8 Million.

Now to those who come here to praise him by saying that his art is fantastic.
No one here can say otherwise. Except that in this case it is not a fine arts competition. One can easily find better when it is not a question of a game. I can quote the art of "Noxlore" for example. And I'm sure that if some of the game developers spend as many hours as him on their renders, they would do better than L&P and Stoper who both spend endless hours on their renders to make them look the way they look and, by the way, make their games last forever.

I think other developers are smarter and know that a VN game is a subtle balance between art, story line and productivity or pace. They combine these three factors to deliver a final product with an above average level of artistry, an interesting and engaging storyline for the player, sufficient content, and all within an acceptable time frame.
And this is what L&P does not have and possibly never will understand.

Personally, after L & P's last rant on Patreon, I'm more than sure he's already thinking about giving up his game as soon as he reaches a comfortable income. He knows full well that he will continue to earn money through an abandoned game for a few years just like Gumdrop and Icstore.

The reason is simple, He trapped himself in a vicious cycle called "intentional slow pace" for 4 years now. And to get out of it he has two choices:

1 / Start to speed up the development process. And in this case the game will look rushed because it has been so slow before. And he's also going to give proof that he was milking people who trusted him.

2 / He will continue to develop his game at the current pace. And in that case he's going to give it up because we all now know that he's never going to put up with the stress caused by growing critics as the game progresses (check his rant yesterday on patreon and the fact he deleted it after an hour). This is proof that the guy is starting burning out.

ayyylmaooo

Donor
May 5, 2017
My unofficial android port:
A Wife And Mother apk [v0.130]+[KoGa3's Cheating/walkthrough/Music Mod]
Use a .zip extractor to extracting the zip file(Necessary instructions are given in the zip file.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

for more android ports, stay active on my .

if you want to support my work. you can buy me a cup of coffee or download my ports from my blogspot (shortner free):)

Support developer
cant get it working on my chromebook, some help would be appreciated.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
As a man of culture, you probably know Karl Popper's Falsificationism theory. So, in order to make your truly remarkable theory falsifiable, you should give us time estimation, as to when L&P will quit and abandon his VN. You gave us such a thorough analysis of L&P's psyche, I bet you already have a good estimation, so why not share it with us? I really need to know, you know, as a Patron of him, if he'd abandoned the project before the next update it'll be a shame...
Naturally a good theory should be falsifiable, so I can give you some estimates. It would surprise me quite a bit if L&P abandons AWAM before the next 2 updates. I doubt his nest egg has already the size he wants it to, he still will have limelight, since the niche AWAM sits in has few other options and I think he still is in the phase where he rose-tints his motives for himself. For example"the 0.130 update has progress on most paths, I even opened up new ones!" That this progress is simply too slow and too small for the time since AWAM started and the time the update took, he turned much of this progress irrelevant for the storyline development and that he opened up new construction sites when he is already far behind schedule, L&P does not want to see.
The jogging scene with Dylan for instance was voided for storyline progress since it stopped at some gropping and walking arm in arm. That is something we already had one way or the other. Had the scene, which is only reachable with cheating(!) culminated in a somewhat chaste, somewhat hot (to impress the Hobos) kiss, which would have sent them somewhat reeling afterwards about what they did and how they feel, that would have pushed the Dylan story forward. As it happened that is simply a tiny step forward, not enough for a game out for 4 years and an update that took half a year. That is not slowburn any more, that is atrial fibrillation!
I do not speak much about the other halfbaked paths, like the old guys or the young boys, which are irrelevant for the wider story and crass especially in violation of the established canon! Wanking off minors, but being prudish nearly everywhere else (execept lesbian paths)up to this point? Was soll das? What does he want to show with this crap?

I estimate that L&P will abandon AWAM between late 2022-25, maybe 26. That depends on several factors we can better peg in the coming months. Oh by the way, I doubt we get another update this year. For that to happen L&P would need to have assistance he to this day strenously pushed away. It would be a major change, but since still as of this moment he did anything he could to slow down development, I only believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Toushiro

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
So guys, allow me to divert the discussion to a different direction for a bit, as im also a big awam fan. With one question:

1. How can we, the community, help L&P to develop the game at an efficient pace, lets say... reach 1 update/2 months?

To be honest, I feel like money isnt enough, he already reached all goals. So what else can we do? Which one of us works in translations? Which one of us can get a rendering factory to fasten that process for him? Like for real...

Same question for L&P, how more can we help?

I dont want to give any story directions, everything is great as it is, as long as the story does move forward. So...

How can we help? How does L&P wishes to be helped?

Sadly, I don't think that there IS anything we can do as community to help L&P with pacing for updates.

I say this because there has been so many people offering valid ways to make the project move forward at a much faster pace.
Cut back on Characters. (Not introducing yet more new ones)
Focus on 2-3 character arcs at a time. (Say main house of Husban, Son, Daughter but not outsiders)
Maybe adding small "vignettes" on the side so that Sophia can do a bit of "exploring" outside of main characters without impact that character's story status. (Such as another date with teacher or shower-scene with janitor)
Doing "extended scenes". (Or setting up situation that takes "half a day" in game play but is only 1 event overall .. see "vignettes")
Be willing to "take a pride hit" on "rough draft" updates. (Releasing updates that may still require rework or renditions for "generic scenes" such as kitchen or travel scenes)

A countless number of other suggestions have already been made, and apparently had little or no impact.

Clearly it isn't a "money issue" because all stated goals have been met. If "money issues" were in effect, those goals would be exchanged for new ones or would be increased overall. Say, an extra 300-500 per tier justified by claiming to have "under-estimated amount of support predictions)

As much as I DO like L&P's quality of graphics ... Well, I think that L&P simply makes too much money to care what other people have to say, and simply IGNORES people who make suggestions about the game overall.

peas

Jul 31, 2018
I get the running scene, but can't get past the numbers game. I am disabled and can't type numbers in fast enough. Is there a cheat to get past the numbers? Thanks

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Reactions: Emrys2096

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
That this progress is simply too slow and too small for the time since AWAM started and the time the update took, he turned much of this progress irrelevant for the storyline development and that he opened up new construction sites when he is already far behind schedule, L&P does not want to see.

I estimate that L&P will abandon AWAM between late 2022-25, maybe 26. That depends on several factors we can better peg in the coming months. Oh by the way, I doubt we get another update this year. For that to happen L&P would need to have assistance he to this day strenously pushed away. It would be a major change, but since still as of this moment he did anything he could to slow down development, I only believe it when I see it.
That's why I will be shocked if it reaches 2023 before it is dropped.

I think that L&P purposefully "teases" potential content, only to pull away from it, simply to establish a history of "not moving in the proper direction that I wanted it to".

Given the amount of time between updates, lack of content involved with each update, repeated "tease/ignored" scenes and stories, as well as amount being made? I see L&P just dropping the whole project within 1-2 years simply to avoid the headache of it all.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Is Bennett story line finished?
More or less. We already have several reasons why Bennett wont succeed in his blackmail, from him not being significant enough to get a place in the Favorite Character poll, to Mrs Torress already suggesting Sophia can speak to the school board to get the grade changed.
So now on is it monthly updates or we come back in the X"mas?
L&P has mocked the idea of monthly updates. Even bimonthly updates that he stated he was aiming for looks unlikely. Coming back after Xmas seems your best bet.
WE OVER DAY 18 YOU DUMB FUCK AND STILL NO FULL NUDITY
Actually we're only on playable day 12. And we had complete nudity of both Sophia and Ellie on playable day 10. If you play the Ellie/Patricia route, even Dylan can see Sophia, Patricia, Claire and Marie (the hairdresser and her daughter) completely naked on playable day 11.
I've played games that i've seen 35 y.o still in high school .. These games are just fictional stories not examples or references
I would say : Sophia 35 , Patricia 32 , Ellie 19 , Dylan 18 .... BTW { Ellie looks 20 Tho & Dylan 19 }
Sophia is already stated as being 38. L&P himself has stated Ellie is 17-18 and Dylan 16-17
then why is sam allowed to get his driver.s license and ellie and julia and dylan not yet.
In America I believe you can get a drivers license as early as 16. There's nothing to say Ellie and Dylan don't have their driver's license, or that they aren't allowed to. Only that they don't drive. It could simply be that they don't have their own cars.
No, it's not. This is especially true of the apostles since they don't exist in the Patreon friendly Decisions of Life. L&P deliberately leaves the question vague for plausible deniability, never directly addressing it because he doesn't want to be pinned down. If you squint you can make Dylan and Sam 18+, but there's no way to do that with the apostles- that's why they only exist in AWAM where L&P has more room to fudge ages.
The apostles exist, it's only that the sex-ed classes don't.
I can't believe it's already here.. how much lesbian content ??
Nope. Apart from the Nat event next update (so maybe around Xmas), wont be anything for around 2 years.
Any proper way to get the jogging scene?
Nope, not without cheating. From setting the point requirement impossibly high, to a mini-game some can't play, it's almost as if L&P is trying to discourage the event. And then even when you play it, it's mostly content we've seen with Patricia, both in the park and the Yoga event. Sophia even has a more favourable reaction with Patricia

maybes4

Dec 5, 2017
Im really looking forward to the next aiden's task.
He can ask her to pretend his girl friend, take off the engagement ring, and go to a pool party with his friend or maybe teach when wearing bikini.
But i guess the aiden's task is gonna take a year bc the next update would be focus on lesbian content.

By the way, i dont think people grumble about the slow burn story, they just hate the waiting

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Im really looking forward to the next aiden's task.
He can ask her to pretend his girl friend, take off the engagement ring, and go to a pool party with his friend or maybe teach when wearing bikini.
But i guess the aiden's task is gonna take a year bc the next update would be focus on lesbian content.

By the way, i dont think people grumble about the slow burn story, they just hate the waiting
The next update focuses on lesbian content? Why when there's only a single event in an update do people think it's going to be a lesbian update? Next update will only have a probably small event with Nat (the maid).

The focus of next update will be Sam's rock concert.

• Angry
Reactions: Matt1
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes