Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
You are much mistaken:

Code:
$ list_of_keys  = ["0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9"]

while counts  < 4:
    call qte_setup(0.5, 0.5, interval_bar, renpy.random.choice(list_of_keys), renpy.random.randint(0,9)*0.1, renpy.random.randint(0, 9) * 0.1) from _call_qte_setup
Which I believe is saying, pick a random number from the list of keys (0-9) and put it and the interval bar (the timer) at a random place on the screen, four times.
Wait, for the Dylan event you have to type a random number, from a random place on the screen, after reaching a point goal that is impossible from the points available? Only to get some boob bouncing and butt-groping?

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
... The developer has said that there will be no rape but as hard as he sails on the border to pedophilia with the 2nd part-time job so hard will be the border between gross sexual harassment and rape. I'll keep playing Route Aiden because as long as Aiden isn't there, it can be incredibly erotic. And because I want to see if the point comes where it's rape for me. ...

I know that's stupid because Sophia is just a virtual character in a story. But that would be the limit for me.
I am pretty much in complete agreement. The first two tasks, Aiden tells Sophia what to do, she can choose to do or not do them, and the task is over. Here she is told she's going to model for the art class, she can refuse, all well and good. She can choose to pose with Ares, or not. Fine, it's still her choice. But then Aiden forcibly gropes her without her consent and without her choice (yes, she can put a stop to it, but she doesn't get a choice about whether it happens). That, i fear, is getting painfully close to crossing the "no rape in my game" line.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Wait, for the Dylan event you have to type a random number, from a random place on the screen, after reaching a point goal that is impossible from the points available? Only to get some boob bouncing and butt-groping?
If you're sitting down and haven't just eaten a large meal, by all means keep reading.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you're not sitting down or there is any risk of nausea or loss of consciousness, just open script4.rpy and comment out lines 21534 through 21545, and then insert $ results = 4 just before line 21546.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
What I find funny is that Aiden's forceable, unwelcome groping of Sophia in the art studio is considered erotic.
It's erotic in the context of what's happening in the place & time. It's a matter of personal taste but to me there is no erotic charge in a son lusting after his mother but many fans are playing this game for the incest. Until people started having a jab at the blackmail, I had nothing to say on either subject. Now I find I'm posting about the Aiden path regularly, even though it's far from the only reason I play AWAM. Instead of speculating about where it could, (& probably won't) go, many posts seem to express disapproval in some form.

Every single adult corruption game I've ever played contained coercion. This was usually of a much cruder, straightforward type than has so far featured in AWAM, which up to now has been blackmail with a vanilla flavour but has still managed to be erotic. Just as it could be wondered as to why I play a corruption game containing incest, (which I avoid when I can), so it could be mystifying as to why the coercion factor has not been taken for granted in a game of this genre & pulls in so many negative comments. It's an integral part of the theme folks.

There are so many options available for those who find it too much, from never starting it at all, to myriad ways of ducking out of it, with more to come. Incest is MUCH harder to avoid. Even I didn't grasp when I started playing, just how important an aspect it would be. I understand that people all have widely differing tastes in the AWAM fanbase but here's the thing..... I like the blackmail. I find it erotic. I'm never going to apologise for that. I'm here to indulge in dark fantasies in an entirely fictional world, as are incest fans. It doesn't mean that either of those branches of the fanbase would take part in such practices in reality. I will not be kink-shamed, have blackmail labelled as toxic, or otherwise sit back when some of this story's best bits (IMO), are under attack. Nor will I do what I've long considered, ie drop in to make some disparaging remark about the incest, in the style of the blackmail critiques.

Playing AWAM, whether for incest, blackmail, or anything else, does not make any of us greater sinners than we already are.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
If you're sitting down and haven't just eaten a large meal, by all means keep reading.

If you're not sitting down or there is any risk of nausea or loss of consciousness, just open script4.rpy and comment out lines 21534 through 21545, and then insert $ results = 4 just before line 21546.
Why would I even bother with the Dylan event when if you send him to boarding school, not only do you not have to bother with an impossible event, but there's still the potential for more naked Ellie. Kinda curious what she's up to at this point in time.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
But conceptually, are people unhappy with it? If L&P works the bugs out I wouldn't mind the occasional mini game
Conceptually, I haven't noticed any complaints. Only that the event is buggy. I'm not a fan of minigames myself, but since it's not in the route I play, I don't particularly care. And even if I did, could probably edit the script to remove it.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
But conceptually, are people unhappy with it? If L&P works the bugs out I wouldn't mind the occasional mini game
I consider most Mini-games in a VN to a blight on humanity! The majority of these games develop into a nuisance quite fast if they are not avoidable. Rare examples of working minis is the Table tennis game in "Summer Pockets", which is optional, but stil fun. As said, rare finds, normally these minis are moodbreaker or pain during new playthroughs.
That is like including a joystick-wanker a´la most 80s sport games into a hardcore strategic game e.g. "War in the East", "Mius Front" or "Order of Battle".

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I consider most Mini-games in a VN to a blight on humanity! The majority of these games develop into a nuisance quite fast if they are not avoidable. Rare examples of working minis is the Table tennis game in "Summer Pockets", which is optional, but stil fun. As said, rare finds, normally these minis are moodbreaker or pain during new playthroughs.
That is like including a joystick-wanker a´la most 80s sport games into a hardcore strategic game e.g. "War in the East", "Mius Front" or "Order of Battle".
I get it, but sometimes it's nice to have some gameplay other than selecting choices.

when you're playing on android devices it is impossible to complete the mini games without wireless keyboard, hopefully the number is not random you can just setting via joyplay on screen display button
This I'm more sympathetic for. Are the Android releases all fan made, or are they official?

dabuzzkiller1

Active User
Donor
Apr 8, 2018

This is a great tip, thank you. Just a head's up, the line numbers you mentioned appear to be a bit different on my pc.

If you change both results=4 and counts=4, it will also skip the mini-game altogether.

Oh, for the record, I felt the mini-game was much less annoying than they are in most games...

Last edited:

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Why would I even bother with the Dylan event when if you send him to boarding school, not only do you not have to bother with an impossible event, but there's still the potential for more naked Ellie. Kinda curious what she's up to at this point in time.
There is a very high quality but very short looped animation of sophia’s boobs bouncing up and down as she jogs, nipples so stiff they could poke your eyes out, so there it does have that going for it.
And it has to be said, the loop is kind of humorous because the background is moving in the frame, too, so the background loops too.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Nah, it’s not buggy at all. It’s just so random and unexpected, almost (gasp) as if it was an idea that occurred to L&P at the spur of the moment and without any planning whatsoever, and since he thought of it it became necessary and un-droppable, so he made it, and because he made it it is necessary for telling the story as it was planned, because otherwise why would it have been made in the first place.

My problem is first, that mini games are a departure from his vision of the erotic VN. Second, this mini game is amateurish, basic, so it kind of brings the whole thing to a base level.

it’s the kind of thing he should have played with in testing and realized it’s too lame to include in this game. Like certain Dylan watching people shower after yoga sequences.

At minimum, L&P would have done better to un-ren BAD’s brawler game and done that instead. Yeah, it’s a rip-off job, but at least it’s a nod to excellence instead of an amateurish limp-dicked implementation of what was clearly an unplanned and impromptu decision to break our concentration.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
M
Nah, it’s not buggy at all. It’s just so random and unexpected, almost (gasp) as if it was an idea that occurred to L&P at the spur of the moment and without any planning whatsoever, and since he thought of it it became necessary and un-droppable, so he made it, and because he made it it is necessary for telling the story as it was planned, because otherwise why would it have been made in the first place.

My problem is first, that mini games are a departure from his vision of the erotic VN. Second, this mini game is amateurish, basic, so it kind of brings the whole thing to a base level.

it’s the kind of thing he should have played with in testing and realized it’s too lame to include in this game. Like certain Dylan watching people shower after yoga sequences.

At minimum, L&P would have done better to un-ren BAD’s brawler game and done that instead. Yeah, it’s a rip-off job, but at least it’s a nod to excellence instead of an amateurish limp-dicked implementation of what was clearly an unplanned and impromptu decision to break our concentration.
Do you hate it more for being amateurish or for being a departure from a strict VN?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Dude, chill out. Moderators have discretion and don’t owe any of us an explanation or an apology. I’ve had plenty of posts deleted and so have many others. It’s all good, it’s not that deep. Just move on.
I was going to address this too, but it seems that the mods got to it quickly. Some people just can't handle the internet. We're all frustrated with the game, but there's a line between criticism and being a jerk. Clearly our approach is not getting through to L&P, so we can't just beat him up if we hope to ever reach him.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes