Hlextor

May 6, 2017
It's a break in logic :unsure:
How do you make pirates curious if they don't even know a teaser exists? Because a blurry image doesn't make you curious.
And if that's what happens :PogChamp:, that a blurred image makes you curious and willing to pay (y), tell me and I'll deliver tons at a good price :ROFLMAO:
You're right there, too, of course. That's what I thought when I read it again. :ROFLMAO: I think that some would like to know what is hidden behind these teasers and then sign as new supporters. His patreons are growing steadily. He falls probably like all at the beginning of the month but then recovers. And currently, he has over 1600 again.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I think it was two or three years ago when his patreons were still far below 800. I had a little discussion with him about the teasers.
He didn't really like them then and I don't think he does now. I recommended doing it anyway. Just for the reason to make the game or the upcoming update more interesting and exciting at the same time. So that of course more supporters are attracted. In the meantime, he has implemented it. Why he doesn't want teasers to be published here has two reasons in my opinion. One is that he provides them to his supporters, who pay for them. If then a legend creates a new user here just to post the teaser.... for whatever reason, remains to be seen. The other reason is that he makes even more supporters/pirates curious. So actually he does everything right with his teasers.
I wouldn't really agree with him doing everything right with teasers. I understand him keeping them behind paywall for his supporters.

Firstly, if he posted a fairly normal teaser for free on his page which emphasizes on the beauty and quality of his renders, it will actually get people interested (He can keep special teasers for his patrons ). Those teasers will get people curious as to what is happening in the scene. L&P needs to throw the initial hook but he doesn't do that.

Second, his choice of teasers is really bad. None of the teasers from the last update had anything to do with the actual event. His teasers give away absolutely nothing, can't really call it a teaser if does not even give a hint of what will happen.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Second, his choice of teasers is really bad. None of the teasers from the last update had anything to do with the actual event. His teasers give away absolutely nothing, can't really call it a teaser if does not even give a hint of what will happen.
I agree with you on the teaser selection. No teaser was not really linked to the story. That's his idea about the teasers then. I guess he provides some... but they usually have no relation to the actual event.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Wouldn't it be easier, then, for L&P to do a basic teaser for pirate sites like here (that would advertise him and allow people to discover his art)?
Then a middle-class teaser for his average patrons.
And for the patrons legends a daring, hot teaser something really reserved for them alone?

In short, a gesture on the part of L&P and its respect and recognition on the part of others.

It's just an idea. It doesn't cost a thing to try at least once.
He holds us in absolute contempt. He literally doesn't like us or see any value in a website like this- so he's not going to spend an extra second making content just for pirates. We can debate the merits of this strategy but if he sees no value in this site then why spend any time making content for it?

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
He holds us in absolute contempt. He literally doesn't like us or see any value in a website like this- so he's not going to spend an extra second making content just for pirates. We can debate the merits of this strategy but if he sees no value in this site then why spend any time making content for it?
Like a lot of the big names, they started here at first and once they got enough support they complain about piracy and stop interacting here

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Like a lot of the big names, they started here at first and once they got enough support they complain about piracy and stop interacting here
Yes, but this is more extreme than usual. It's one thing for a dev to move on or participate less; but there is active hostility between L&P and many members of this thread.

Reactions: Toushiro

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
With contempt - maybe. But I think he's laughing himself to death right now. So many calls for boycotts from some of the members here and NOTHING! Then L&P calls for a boycott. He threatens, just like some here - and - it works. This forum acted as if it had some kind of market power and now - perplexed discussion about how to avoid boycott.
Of its 1600 supporters, has anyone ever wondered how many of them are on this forum? And how many of those in other forums around the world. Here some actually think that because this website also generates advertising for the game, they have the appropriate power and the right to drive the developer in front of them.
The man went into business for himself and bears the entrepreneurial risk. If he earns his income with his work or non-work and what he earns is enough for him then he has the right to work for 2 days and to be lazy for 5 days.
This is not a tap against you GingerSweetGirl . Your post was just the hook.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I don't know if it's the character who's popular or the route. Personally I'm not really interested in Aiden's character but in how far will the blackmail go.
Agree: it’s a route that looks like it will lead to more nudity more quickly, hence it’s popularity. It’s not the promise of character or story, purely (or mostly) the visual content.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes