Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Have you noticed the slow but steady increase in the number of patrons?
Is it the content of the latest update or the higher number of teasers? :unsure: Sorry, NON-teasers
For this update I have felt that it is somehow different than the previous times. His pace, the fact that he mentioned scripting to get a clearer idea of the no. Of renders. The kind of teasers he is putting this time, seem far better than any teasers last time. There is completely different air, one that kinda makes it look like the project management has improved and so has L&P's seriousness towards his game.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
For this update I have felt that it is somehow different than the previous times. His pace, the fact that he mentioned scripting to get a clearer idea of the no. Of renders. The kind of teasers he is putting this time, seem far better than any teasers last time. There is completely different air, one that kinda makes it look like the project management has improved and so has L&P's seriousness towards his game.
I have to agree that the current vibe is better than the one for the 0.130 update. And I aired my opinion of that update cycle quite clearly, as did many others. Maybe we finally did get through to him, that something had to change, strongly and quickly.
The 0.130 cycle felt full of "you don´t interest me", dragging of feet even more than ever and disdain for the audience, for now the 0.150 cycle has some purposefulness and "I finally have something of a plan" to it, I have not seen from him before.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I have to agree that the current vibe is better than the one for the 0.130 update. And I aired my opinion of that update cycle quite clearly, as did many others. Maybe we finally did get through to him, that something had to change, strongly and quickly.
The 0.130 cycle felt full of "you don´t interest me", dragging of feet even more than ever and disdain for the audience, for now the 0.150 cycle has some purposefulness and "I finally have something of a plan" to it, I have not seen from him before.
tenor.gif

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I personally can't say that because I've only seen 33% of the total teasers.
But since I know you're a serious guy, ;) and that your intel is reliable, OK.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
I would not judge it now. For one thing, this time he has no problems with the graphics cards. On the other hand, he can fall back on ready-made picture backgrounds for the Natalie event. If you take a closer look at the third preview image, there are a few image errors that suggest a way of working that is currently more on quantity than quality (it shouldn't be bad if he focuses on important images.). That's why I initially thought the picture was a fake by a member.
If you already have 3 thumbnails and the mention of a working script (which I believe has always existed) put you in a positive mood, that's fine with me. Let's wait until he starts the Sam event and works on it. Then the doomsday prophets will possibly have boom again here.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I would not judge it now. For one thing, this time he has no problems with the graphics cards. On the other hand, he can fall back on ready-made picture backgrounds for the Natalie event. If you take a closer look at the third preview image, there are a few image errors that suggest a way of working that is currently more on quantity than quality (it shouldn't be bad if he focuses on important images.). That's why I initially thought the picture was a fake by a member.
If you already have 3 thumbnails and the mention of a working script (which I believe has always existed) put you in a positive mood, that's fine with me. Let's wait until he starts the Sam event and works on it. Then the doomsday prophets will possibly have boom again here.
What would you say that the error was?just curious.
I would of put Nat's arm resting on her head instead of behind it but that is just personal preference.

Last edited:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I think there were plenty of subtle and plenty of blunt suggestions that he was riding the edge of his supporters finally saying WTFO. He cannot maintain that slow pace of development. 1.5 years per playable day is totally unacceptable (And Yes VIPER has hammered this ad nausea and I don't even see his stuff). The firestorm that erupted with the second side job may have also forced him into considering what he needed to focus on. Much of that criticism focused on the poor narrative and dialogue that infected that entire scene (DON'T BRING UP THE DAMN SCENE this is not about that). Whatever changes he accomplishes or introduces, if it gets the product out at a faster pace (as he always promised) and he maintains the quality of art, while getting back to the dialogue, narrative skill he had earlier, it will all be positives for him. IF not, and this still grinds on for 6 months, he will probably see lots of legend patrons dropping to lower tiers or completely.

In short he is seeing, as I have said before, a fleeting moment where he needs to start meeting demand or his supply will be meaningless. View attachment brynner_king_and_i_etc.wav

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I personally can't say that because I've only seen 33% of the total teasers.
But since I know you're a serious guy, ;) and that your intel is reliable, OK.
I haven't seen all the teasers myself. The hottest second teaser I have only heard that Nathalie is scantily dressed in that. A little too scantily dressed if I must add.

In the image the hair was a little off but I think that is something he corrects with Photoshop. It was mentioned here before by someone, so not really error. Also I believe there is no way L&P would let such a render pass. He will rework it for sure.

Reactions: Old Dog

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I think there were plenty of subtle and plenty of blunt suggestions that he was riding the edge of his supporters finally saying WTFO. He cannot maintain that slow pace of development. 1.5 years per playable day is totally unacceptable (And Yes VIPER has hammered this ad nausea and I don't even see his stuff). The firestorm that erupted with the second side job may have also forced him into considering what he needed to focus on. Much of that criticism focused on the poor narrative and dialogue that infected that entire scene (DON'T BRING UP THE DAMN SCENE this is not about that). Whatever changes he accomplishes or introduces, if it gets the product out at a faster pace (as he always promised) and he maintains the quality of art, while getting back to the dialogue, narrative skill he had earlier, it will all be positives for him. IF not, and this still grinds on for 6 months, he will probably see lots of legend patrons dropping to lower tiers or completely.

In short he is seeing, as I have said before, a fleeting moment where he needs to start meeting demand or his supply will be meaningless. View attachment 1310639
The devs epiphany moment.
tumblr_lo6vctsasH1qhafj6540.gif

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

In short he is seeing, as I have said before, a fleeting moment where he needs to start meeting demand or his supply will be meaningless. View attachment 1310639
I think there's truth to this. I believe it was April when L&P announced that the update was (at that point) a couple hundred renders over his original estimate. When he made that announcement this thread took a HARD turn against him, and I think that both surprised and stung him. I've made my feelings on him clear, and he's made his feelings regarding us clear, but I still think he's a sensitive person and took the sharp criticisms very hard. His responses from that point forward became much more combative and less engaged in discussion. If he did take the criticism to heart, and if it results in improved development cycles, then it was worth it.

That said, a single update with an improved development cycle has limited meaning. Until he can do three or four updates a year we should not assume this new pace will be sustained. 2022 will be a make or break year.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
I haven't seen all the teasers myself. The hottest second teaser I have only heard that Nathalie is scantily dressed in that. A little too scantily dressed if I must add.

In the image the hair was a little off but I think that is something he corrects with Photoshop. It was mentioned here before by someone, so not really error. Also I believe there is no way L&P would let such a render pass. He will rework it for sure.
Just for the sake of the argument, and for me the curiosity of understanding how things work, the lock of hairs was a bit strange, like the contour was drawn. Dunno if it depends on the lights, the render iterations.
If the many talented render guys we have here can explain what is happening I'm listening with interest. ;)

1626887028475.png

The same happened to the bow(?) on the back, again it feels like the contours are drawn like the a cartoon, or even it has been placed after the render.
1626887112033.png

Again, I'm just curious to understand how it works, no criticism whatsoever ;)

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Just for the sake of the argument, and for me the curiosity of understanding how things work, the lock of hairs was a bit strange, like the contour was drawn. Dunno if it depends on the lights, the render iterations.
If the many talented render guys we have here can explain what is happening I'm listening with interest. ;)

View attachment 1310786

The same happened to the bow(?) on the back, again it feels like the contours are drawn like the a cartoon, or even it has been placed after the render.
View attachment 1310788

Again, I'm just curious to understand how it works, no criticism whatsoever ;)
This is also my answer KillJoys. I also saw exactly these inaccuracies and with his perfectionism I couldn't believe that he took it so casually.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I think there's truth to this. I believe it was April when L&P announced that the update was (at that point) a couple hundred renders over his original estimate. When he made that announcement this thread took a HARD turn against him, and I think that both surprised and stung him. I've made my feelings on him clear, and he's made his feelings regarding us clear, but I still think he's a sensitive person and took the sharp criticisms very hard. His responses from that point forward became much more combative and less engaged in discussion. If he did take the criticism to heart, and if it results in improved development cycles, then it was worth it.

That said, a single update with an improved development cycle has limited meaning. Until he can do three or four updates a year we should not assume this new pace will be sustained. 2022 will be a make or break year.
You're all going to be let down when this update takes a lot of time again.

All he needed to do for this scene he is working on was to pose. Characters were done, scene was done, lights were done.
Let a new scene come and you'll see it blow up again, easily.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

All he needed to do for this scene he is working on was to pose. Characters were done, scene was done, lights were done.
Nah because I really don't care that much anymore. I'm only here for the discussion

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020

I think even if he creates the Sam event he will need more time. I don't like the Sam Route, but I still play it, and I hope for breathtaking pictures of a beautiful woman in appealing surroundings. I am ready to wait for that. Incidentally, I also agree that L&P did the survey for that too. And as long as you still support L&P ViperDonkey not all is lost.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
He has had errors on the good wife route as well,the leg of Sophia clipping into the desk and I was surprised that he left it in,especially since the scene looks so good
View attachment 1310844
Yes, I can see it now too. Nevertheless, Sophia looks just gorgeous on her posted picture (sigh).
But with the teaser, the transitions between the hair and the room immediately caught my eye. And also the bow on the Maiden costume. Nevertheless, Sophia looks just gorgeous in her posted picture.

Reactions: Old Dog

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017

Well, let see what happens in the evening event and how he will approach it. That's if he keeps "The other guy" event as a Main/Major event.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes