Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
It really can't be overstated how surprising this turn of events is. For the last year we've been talking about the Sam even as if it were a pivotal moment in the game- or at least in the game's production. And now we're being told to not expect much from it? We can't be the only ones who are surprised by this turn of events. Has anyone on Patreon expressed their surprise or frustration?
Nope,they are lapping up his 4k render

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
By this statement I take it that L&P has only been using 1gpu to render, so my question is why is he only using 1 gpu ?
Was all of this just for bragging rights?
If this bar event is not that important there is a lot of things that the dev could of done to reduce rendering times without the use of NVlink
Remember when I warned you about this 2 years ago?
Lazy&Passive will do everything to drag this along. This 1 GPU stuff was probably a slip up.
And yeah, everything he does when he talks about characters is for bragging rights, like some developer who has 3x his patrons is going to care because L&P managed to put 3x more characters into a scene :ROFLMAO: No one cares. People would be "this looks fantastic" if he took 1 week working on it, not 5 weeks. It's ridiculous.

We're talking about the person who is slow as a turtle, buys new hardware that gets him a 30% speed difference in rendering only to fuck that up and increase the renders to 1080p.
And before anyone comes up and says "oh but 1080p is much better than 720p". Yes it is, and it was proven that scaling the 720p to 1080 through that AIDenoiser or whatever it was called that a member here posted, was more than enough.

If you're new to this topic, do a little post it with the following: "L&P will drag the development cycle as much as he can, he's milking this game" so you can remember it everytime you think about supporting this.

I could go on and on with reasons that make it clear as day that this game isn't meant to be finished but the cycle is always the same now for years.

New people come in, get impressed, give him money. Then they realize this is slow af and there's no point in being a patron on non-update months. So they stop supporting and only download the game until they are fed up with the lack of in game pace also. And then it becomes a "I'll see this in 5 years".

It really can't be overstated how surprising this turn of events is. For the last year we've been talking about the Sam event as if it were a pivotal moment in the game- or at least in the game's production. And now we're being told to not expect much from it? We can't be the only ones who are surprised by this turn of events. Has anyone on Patreon expressed their surprise or frustration?
There's no script. What do you expect? Do you guys really think there's going to be heterosexual extra-marital anything? It won't get to that point. He's going to dangle that carrot in front of his patreons and some of them, according to the comments in there, only have half a brain so they're def going to chase that carrot forever.

Why there is no gallery mod? I have seen games have gallery mod the same day the got first release!
he started making this 4 years ago and he will end it in 40 years.
if it's obsolete now, imagine in a decade.

Last edited:

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Seems to me on most of his so called planning, he just shoots from the hip. Always miss target when you shoot this way.
There's no plan.
This is a dev that doesn't plan anything. 0. He starts an update, fires Daz up and thinks:

"Ok where is this scene going to be?"
"With who? Do I need anyone else?"
>Puts some props, tries clothes, poses etc
Creates 6 renders of a scene per day (that's his actual average btw) and calls it a day
Does this for a week or two
"Oh shit a prop is missing, a piece of meaningless cardboard would look really good here"
"Welp, looks like I have to render the whole thing again"

His average in the last update was:
6 renders created per day
then
Post process 100 renders per day
then (and I kid you not)
2.15 pages of text translated (by 2 people!) per day

on suposedly 11 hours per day, 7 days of the week, his words.

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
Lazy&Passive will do everything to drag this along.
Why Lazy&Passive?

I mean, of course I know it is because he/she/it is named L&P (Lust&Passion).
But what I mean is, why go for a name like "passive" when you could've just used the much more appropriate title of Lazy&Procrastinator?

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
Dam, the enemy at the gates. To bad. I seen this starting to turn almost two years ago. Through PMs requested he get help. Even brought up Pappa Kill Joy up to him at the time. To bad. A great game. Might get abandoned even before I thought. He has to make changes by the end of the year.
Hope Springs Eternal

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
It really can't be overstated how surprising this turn of events is. For the last year we've been talking about the Sam event as if it were a pivotal moment in the game- or at least in the game's production. And now we're being told to not expect much from it? We can't be the only ones who are surprised by this turn of events. Has anyone on Patreon expressed their surprise or frustration?
I feel that his statement is being interpreted in a wrong way. He said not to expect much from this scene, but you have to keep in mind there are two scenes for the Sam event, he is presently working on the bar performance. Whatever is to happen will happen later after the performance in another scene.

As for the DLC, he has mentioning that the bar performance is nothing important from before he started working on the update, so any additional stuff during the performance in the bar will only he a buildup and something not essential to the story. He might be seeing more possibilities at the bar but can't include them all since the scene is already big and will considerably slow down things .

What is essential is the scene afterwards which I feel will be the important part and he hasn't referred to it at all till now in any post about what it's going to be and what to expect, except that it's going to he an interesting event.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I feel that his statement is being interpreted in a wrong way. He said not to expect much from this scene, but you have to keep in mind there are two scenes for the Sam event, he is presently working on the bar performance. Whatever is to happen will happen later after the performance in another scene.

As for the DLC, he has mentioning that the bar performance is nothing important from before he started working on the update, so any additional stuff during the performance in the bar will only he a buildup and something not essential to the story. He might be seeing more possibilities at the bar but can't include them all since the scene is already big and will considerably slow down things .

What is essential is the scene afterwards which I feel will be the important part and he hasn't referred to it at all till now in any post about what it's going to be and what to expect, except that it's going to he an interesting event.
I am hoping you are correct. The one thing I am imagining from the bar, as a DLC, is the Bartender going after the rest of Sam's band. And maybe a few of her other female patrons. That would at least make sense to me as a DLC. The band is initiated to the 'problems' associated with a fan following, groupies, just hangers on. Of course, this totally depends on what they are 'hanging' on.

It also would fit with his proclivity toward large age gaps in relationships.:devilish:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabertooth__

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

If there was absolutely anything interesting about the second part of this event, why do we not know? Most of you guys are still grasping at straws as to if Sam might get Sophia alone.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
If there was absolutely anything interesting about the second part of this event, why do we not know? Most of you guys are still grasping at straws as to if Sam might get Sophia alone.
We don't know anything because L&P doesn't like to make spoilers! We may like it or not, but this is a fact.

Personally, I assume that Sofia and Sam's evening event may include three elements.
We have freedom for fantasies precisely because there are no specific clarifications from L&P on the content of the evening event, only general information.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Don't ask me :p, I don't even understand what is interesting in the Sam route to begin with. I mentioned the part about it being a interesting event from the message KillJoys posted of L&P here.

IMG_20210910_092259.jpg

For all I wish Sam should get nothing from this event but we all know that's not going to happen. I am not a Sam fan so all this talk about him in the thread all the time isn't very pleasing. So all I wish for is that he gets done with Sam as soon as possible and moves to Cathy.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
We don't know anything because L&P doesn't like to make spoilers! We may like it or not, but this is a fact.

Personally, I assume that Sofia and Sam's evening event may include three elements.
We have freedom for fantasies precisely because there are no specific clarifications from L&P on the content of the evening event, only general information.
You're completely ignoring the point. L&P has always given us something. For the latest Ellie shower, the teaser we had told us Ellie and Sophia were going to shower together. Something to look forward to.

For the Ellie/Julia event, we knew we could look forward to at least ogling two near-naked teenage girls. Something to look forward to.

So far, we have nothing to look forward to about the second part of this event, because L&P has told us nothing.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
You're completely ignoring the point. L&P has always given us something. For the latest Ellie shower, the teaser we had told us Ellie and Sophia were going to shower together. Something to look forward to.

For the Ellie/Julia event, we knew we could look forward to at least ogling two near-naked teenage girls. Something to look forward to.

So far, we have nothing to look forward to about the second part of this event, because L&P has told us nothing.
I'm sorry, my friend, but I don't understand what you said. L&P has long told us that there will be two events in the evening, a concert by Sema and a meeting with old friends who invited Liam and Sofia to their house.
He didn't reveal the details, that's true, but what is the difference between the picture that Ellie is waiting for Sofia at the shower door, and the picture that Sofia and her sister came to the bar for a concert?
Or are you expecting a render of Sofia getting into Sam's car?
Does it really matter much?
No matter what heroes we see on the teaser, at the next moment in time, the story may change the course of its course or the teaser may not reflect important details, but lead us into the wilds! After all, this was the case with the published teasers of Aiden's third task.

roro

May 29, 2017
Sam's event has two parts, the "Rock Bar" part which was said to be the small one, and a second one of which we know nothing about (yet) except it will be longer than the first. When L&P said to not expect much of the scene he was referring to a post about the club, the men inside and the female bartender, he wasn't referring Sam's event.
He even said again (in his same post) "but here it's much more about what happens afterwards". So to me it's obvious that Sam's fans should not be panicked as his scene(s) is not shortened.
The DLC comment was about the club and the chance something happens over there with the gangs and the bartender (again - not about Sam's event)...

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Sam's event has two parts, the "Rock Bar" part which was said to be the small one, and a second one of which we know nothing about (yet) except it will be longer than the first. When L&P said to not expect much of the scene he was referring to a post about the club, the men inside and the female bartender, he wasn't referring Sam's event.
He even said again (in his same post) "but here it's much more about what happens afterwards". So to me it's obvious that Sam's fans should not be panicked as his scene(s) is not shortened.
The DLC comment was about the club and the chance something happens over there with the gangs and the bartender (again - not about Sam's event)...
That's exactly how it is. L&P may have planned up to 10% content for the bar and 25-30% for the important event. And if we remember the previous major events with Sophia/Sam, there weren't many but they packed a punch ... the first music lesson and the pool scene with the dream sequence. And I have to admit this to myself as a non-Sam fan, unfortunately. L&P has taken a lot of passion into the scenes here. And it is what it is. He'll do it again. Sam and his fans will enjoy a very lovely evening with Sophia. And I assume that this will also be the cliffhanger to the next day, when the second music lesson is expected to take place.

Alex kryle

Jan 9, 2021
so we still have hope With her? :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1395989
I think L&P is very clever ....look he has posted 4 images for the concert event...which means he want us to focus on these images...by keeping the main event(after concert) completely unknown to us...so that the fun does not get spoiled.....
Remember for the 3rd aiden event ....he posted only the initial scenes...and no one knew what is going to happen ..as the main. Suspense was at the end......

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I think L&P is very clever ....look he has posted 4 images for the concert event...which means he want us to focus on these images...by keeping the main event(after concert) completely unknown to us...so that the fun does not get spoiled.....
Remember for the 3rd aiden event ....he posted only the initial scenes...and no one knew what is going to happen ..as the main. Suspense was at the end......
Really? Because he posted a teaser of Ellie waiting to join Sophia in the shower and I knew it was going to be hot. He posted two teasers of Aiden's 3rd task, we still didn't know what was going to happen, and even now I still see no reason to play the event. Hasn't piqued my interest in playing the Aiden route in the slightest. If anything, the way it played out reinforces my contempt for Aiden.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Lazy&Passive will do everything to drag this along. This 1 GPU stuff was probably a slip up.
And yeah, everything he does when he talks about characters is for bragging rights, like some developer who has 3x his patrons is going to care because L&P managed to put 3x more characters into a scene :ROFLMAO: No one cares. People would be "this looks fantastic" if he took 1 week working on it, not 5 weeks. It's ridiculous.

We're talking about the person who is slow as a turtle, buys new hardware that gets him a 30% speed difference in rendering only to fuck that up and increase the renders to 1080p.
And before anyone comes up and says "oh but 1080p is much better than 720p". Yes it is, and it was proven that scaling the 720p to 1080 through that AIDenoiser or whatever it was called that a member here posted, was more than enough.

If you're new to this topic, do a little post it with the following: "L&P will drag the development cycle as much as he can, he's milking this game" so you can remember it everytime you think about supporting this.

I could go on and on with reasons that make it clear as day that this game isn't meant to be finished but the cycle is always the same now for years.

New people come in, get impressed, give him money. Then they realize this is slow af and there's no point in being a patron on non-update months. So they stop supporting and only download the game until they are fed up with the lack of in game pace also. And then it becomes a "I'll see this in 5 years".

There's no script. What do you expect? Do you guys really think there's going to be heterosexual extra-marital anything? It won't get to that point. He's going to dangle that carrot in front of his patreons and some of them, according to the comments in there, only have half a brain so they're def going to chase that carrot forever.

he started making this 4 years ago and he will end it in 40 years.
if it's obsolete now, imagine in a decade.
387fcbc4afafe753e2baa7f0068d53d5.gif

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes