Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Okay this isn't to defend him. Just a little calculation, people who render regularly can definitely correct me on this. I heard on this thread that it would take around 40-45 minutes to make such a render with 18 characters even with L&P's rig. So if we assume he works 9 "productive" hrs a day, it would make sense for 50 renders in 3+ days.

Then again I know nothing about rendering so I feel free to correct me.
???!
DAZ users should have a render queueing system, so 50 renders at 1 hour each = 50 hour.

if he’s doing them one at a time then he needs to evaluate his process.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
good luck fighting the ones that will ignore the data and take this as some personal vendetta cuz their daz3d master cant possibly be wrong
I’m a lover not a fighter.
But honestly, if someone thinks re-casting the developer’s self-reported progress along side the dates on which he reports it is some kind of vendetta, I dunno what to say.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
???!
DAZ users should have a render queueing system, so 50 renders at 1 hour each = 50 hour.

if he’s doing them one at a time then he needs to evaluate his process.
1631554912023.png
This is from Oceanlab, developer of Where it all began and Summer Gone`s.
And truly, given his level of quality and perfectionism, he is not one of the fastest, nor does he have a top hardware equipe.

Reactions: Hrk19

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
given that this project was started in oct 2017 i dont see L+P re-evaluating their processes:)
Don’t know your history on this forum, but in the days leading up to the v0.013 release there were some truly eye-opening comments from folks who helped with the translation. Suffice it to say, I think the process is something he evaluates in terms of his level of control rather than efficiency or effectiveness.

Reactions: t3alqdansam

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
Don’t know your history on this forum, but in the days leading up to the v0.013 release there were some truly eye-opening comments from folks who helped with the translation. Suffice it to say, I think the process is something he evaluates in terms of his level of control rather than efficiency or effectiveness.
thought we were talking about rendering,but your post poses a question.patrons pay dev,dev improves system/hire people faster output thats the way it usualy works.here it seems your claiming its about control not ouput.hmm food for thought as they say.:unsure:
by the way only i(and the staff) know my history on here;).enjoy your evening:)

Reactions: Orfus

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
View attachment 1403226
This is from Oceanlab, developer of Where it all began and Summer Gone`s.
And truly, given his level of quality and perfectionism, he is not one of the fastest, nor does he have a top hardware equipe.
My personal experience as a DAZ3D creator (who has a life outside of rendering) is that if I get 8 high-complexity renders out in a day I am doing very very well. I have spent time developing time-saving techniques and consider myself as 'pretty fast'. I am currently working with a single GTX 1080 graphics card, and I tend to develop the next scene (on the same computer) as the render is progressing. Like L&P I tend to interactively pose a few to several characters in a single scene, and use multiple lighting sources (sometimes of different hues) to create the mood or feel for the scene. My photoshop post-work is minimal, and is used to create affects that cannot be created in DAZ.
In addition, if I am creating a new environment (which I kit-bash as L&P does) I can count on consuming an 8-hour session, and this is before developing the lighting scheme. Based on my personal experience it is my feeling that L&P's daily pose and render volume is high at the quality he produces them at. In the past I have quietly tracked L&P's progress much as Talcum Powder does. My finding is: when L&P is on a roll his production rate is higher than I am capable of achieving.
I am not a defender, nor a detractor of L&P. However, I have to humbly admit that his ability to produce when he has his rhythm is superior to my own. This comment is not meant to diminish the perspectives expressed previously in any way. It is meant to add another reference point to this rich discussion.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
My personal experience as a DAZ3D creator (who has a life outside of rendering) is that if I get 8 high-complexity renders out in a day I am doing very very well. I have spent time developing time-saving techniques and consider myself as 'pretty fast'. I am currently working with a single GTX 1080 graphics card, and I tend to develop the next scene (on the same computer) as the render is progressing. Like L&P I tend to interactively pose a few to several characters in a single scene, and use multiple lighting sources (sometimes of different hues) to create the mood or feel for the scene. My photoshop post-work is minimal, and is used to create affects that cannot be created in DAZ.
In addition, if I am creating a new environment (which I kit-bash as L&P does) I can count on consuming an 8-hour session, and this is before developing the lighting scheme. Based on my personal experience it is my feeling that L&P's daily pose and render volume is high at the quality he produces them at. In the past I have quietly tracked L&P's progress much as Talcum Powder does. My finding is: when L&P is on a roll his production rate is higher than I am capable of achieving.
I am not a defender, nor a detractor of L&P. However, I have to humbly admit that his ability to produce when he has his rhythm is superior to my own. This comment is not meant to diminish the perspectives expressed previously in any way. It is meant to add another reference point to this rich discussion.
so given that l+p has meet all 4 of his goals on patreon,had a massive upgrade to his system(goal 4)-is working on this full time(goal 4) and ( goal 3) was hiring someone else to help.do you think if you had the same upgrades and did this for a job and had a helper we would still be at this point.promises are just words.

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
so given that l+p has meet all 4 of his goals on patreon,had a massive upgrade to his system(goal 4)-is working on this full time(goal 4) and ( goal 3) was hiring someone else to help.do you think if you had the same upgrades and did this for a job and had a helper we would still be at this point.promises are just words.
This is a very good question, and (o-boy) requires an answer that asks more questions than the answer it gives. I will do my best, and please remember... this is just one perspective using a different approach to story telling.
Let us start with the technical side you brought up. Due to the bit-coin harvesters I am unable to acquire the graphics cards I want at the price I am willing to pay, so my estimation for time-savings during rendering is anecdotal. What I have seen in advertised comparisons between my system and what L&P revealed he has is roughly 75%. This means that what takes my computer an hour (60 min.) to render, L&P should realize in 15 minutes. If he works on his next scene (or camera angle for that scene) concurrently while rendering there is a good chance that the render will be done before the next scene is ready for render. This is long-winded way of saying that for all but the most complex renders the bottleneck shifts from rendering to the scene creation.
This is why I am often confused when I see an L&P update with renders lagging scene creation by 5%. This feels like a legitimate concern, and a point in production where greater efficiencies could be harvested if addressed.
Your next point was time dedication while addressing myself as the content creator. I enjoy a life outside of DAZ too much to dedicate time as L&P claims. However, I did manage over 600 renders in roughly 3 months while producing the fan fiction. I MIGHT be able to maintain that pace over time (given the motivation of good income) with planned vacations announced to a fan base ahead of time. Without having done it, I imagine it could manage 1500 renders in a year given enough fan interest (another big motivator).
Now, here comes the rub. How much story would I or could I tell in 1500 renders? For L&P this constitutes a single playable day. My story telling style is much more along the lines of Stan Lee which allows for a rich plot while maintaining an austere depiction of the events (perhaps a bit too austere).
I will now dove-tail in your third point... my first hire would be a Ren'Py programmer that would be given the player choice outline and the application of points awarded to the player for the choices. In this way much of programming might be achieved (in theory) simultaneously with the render production. My second hire would be an erotic proof-reader who would counsel me on how to develop the anticipation for the scene to achieve the slow burn L&P does so well. This would flesh out my austere style to provide a better presented product. This would also add roughly 500 renders to the total per year.
In my view, this stage in the development would produce progression stalls and even resets to lower percentages and would become the ire for my product discussed in a forum. I can imagine comments like, "Did this guy pass high school math? Projecting an estimate for update completion is not that hard! This guy rides the short bus through life, but his renders and story are pretty good...when he finally manages to count to 100!" My erotic proof-reader would also have to double as my PR agent.
To sum up. Given my style of story telling I believe that a Sophia style character and the daughter would have both been romantically poignant by this point (meaning roughly 2500-3000 renders) and would have achieved something larger than themselves in the meantime. This also means that my f95zone thread would be at best 150 pages long.
Thank you for the sincere question, Jack.

Last edited:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
I am well aware of that. It's just that someone mentioned that Sam is sympathetic, which ofcourse he is not and so my inner feelings came to light. You might have noticed over the course of the past month, I don't say anything negative about Sam, infact I have spoken for him when people mentioned how certain parts of the plot look unrealistic. Even though I don't like him I try to put that aside as much as possible and speak rationally.

I'm all for your view of Talking about your fav characters and ignoring ones you don't like. I did say the same thing for the 2nd side job after all.
Yes - and I listened to your advice on that one.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I feel like Sam has already gotten farther then Aiden. Everything Sam has seen and the music lessons where he got to hold her tight. And the dream scene and admitting that she would date Sam if things were different. Shows she wants Sam in her life willingly. Sam doesn’t have to blackmail her to get a strip tease or fashion show. Sam is light years ahead of Aiden IMO.
Relationship wise I agree. She has a soft spot (pun intended) for Sam the musician. But Aiden has 2nd base and almost steals third. Plus he got to swing the bat in view and press for (what do you call pressing your dick against someones longismus longus?) whatever that almost contact was. Sam may have a fashion show and got to see bit of color. I don't remember Sam getting actual contact or unrestricted access. Everything was a mind game for him.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
This is a very good question, and (o-boy) requires an answer that asks more questions than the answer it gives. I will do my best, and please remember... this is just one perspective using a different approach to story telling.
Let us start with the technical side you brought up. Due to the bit-coin harvesters I am unable to acquire the graphics cards I want at the price I am willing to pay, so my estimation for time-savings during rendering is anecdotal. What I have seen in advertised comparisons between my system and what L&P revealed he has is roughly 75%. This means that what takes my computer an hour (60 min.) to render, L&P should realize in 15 minutes. If he works on his next scene (or camera angle for that scene) concurrently while rendering there is a good chance that the render will be done before the next scene is ready for render. This is long-winded way of saying that for all but the most complex renders the bottleneck shifts from rendering to the scene creation.
This is why I am often confused when I see an L&P update with renders lagging scene creation by 5%. This feels like a legitimate concern, and a point in production where greater efficiencies could be harvested if addressed.
Your next point was time dedication while addressing myself as the content creator. I enjoy a life outside of DAZ too much to dedicate time as L&P claims. However, I did manage over 600 renders in roughly 3 months while producing the fan fiction. I MIGHT be able to maintain that pace over time (given the motivation of good income) with planned vacations announced to a fan base ahead of time. Without having done it, I imagine it could manage 1500 renders in a year given enough fan interest (another big motivator).
Now, here comes the rub. How much story would I or could I tell in 1500 renders? For L&P this constitutes a single playable day. My story telling style is much more along the lines of Stan Lee which allows for a rich plot while maintaining an austere depiction of the events (perhaps a bit too austere).
I will now dove-tail in your third point... my first hire would be a Ren'Py programmer that would be given the player choice outline and the application of points awarded to the player for the choices. In this way much of programming might be achieved (in theory) simultaneously with the render production. My second hire would be an erotic proof-reader who would counsel me on how to develop the anticipation for the scene to achieve the slow burn L&P does so well. This would flesh out my austere style to provide a better presented product. This would also add roughly 500 renders to the total.
In my view, this stage in the development would produce progression stalls and even resets to lower percentages and would become the ire for my product discussed in a forum. I can imagine comments like, "Did this guy pass high school math? Projecting an estimate for update completion is not that hard! This guy rides the short bus through life, but his renders and story are pretty good...when he finally manages to count to 100!" My erotic proof-reader would also have to double as my PR agent.
To sum up. Given my style of story telling I believe that a Sophia style character and the daughter would have both been romantically poignant by this point (meaning roughly 2500-3000 renders) and would have achieved something larger than themselves in the meantime. This also means that my f95zone thread would be at best 150 pages long.
to put this in prospective and i understand that all artists are different but you have moochie on 283 less patrons put out this month, 334 images, 10 animations, 35 rerenders and that is not a fast game-started feb 19 with 32 updates inc bug fixes,change log here shows 6 since oct 17-do you think thats fair return to the 1550 patrons.anyways goodnight mate :) (y)

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I will now dove-tail in your third point... my first hire would be a Ren'Py programmer that would be given the player choice outline and the application of points awarded to the player for the choices. In this way much of programming might be achieved (in theory) simultaneously with the render production. My second hire would be an erotic proof-reader who would counsel me on how to develop the anticipation for the scene to achieve the slow burn L&P does so well. This would flesh out my austere style to provide a better presented product. This would also add roughly 500 renders to the total per year.
Jack provides me a better understanding of all the designing here for someone who is so not an artist. What this all gets down to with L&P though is production rate, or lack thereof, considering his promises in the past.

I believe that the control issue, we all are fairly certain is at the core of L&P's issues, is solved by contracting a coder, translator, and a team member to just do the rendering. L&P could control the story, all the scene creation and Photoshop. The crux would be if he sat down and actually wrote the whole story (update) before working it. The coding and translation moves to parallel with scene creation and the rendering adds only a small lag as it is also in parallel. Will he do this? Who wants to hold their breath?:giggle:

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
to put this in prospective and i understand that all artists are different but you have moochie on 283 less patrons put out this month, 334 images, 10 animations, 35 rerenders and that is not a fast game-started feb 19 with 32 updates inc bug fixes,change log here shows 6 since oct 17-do you think thats fair return to the 1550 patrons.anyways goodnight mate :) (y)
Please, believe me that I am not being glib when I say that patrons of any movement, artist or cause are as varied as their hair folicle count. Like with the Haight-Ashbury phenomenon in the 60's, some people are purists who show up to support a well thought out cause they believe in. Some show up because they receive a monetary or social profit. Some show up for bragging rights that they supported and was in the know of something before it was popular. Some show up because their friends are there. Some show up to ride the high they get from the support they give. Some just show up to be amused when the proverbial feces hits the fan.
For some of these reasons I would say that the patron is getting everything they expected or wanted from the deal. In some cases, the more provocative the scene the better the fulfillment...even if it ends as a colossal failure. However, you make a good point for those who believe holistically in the product or cause and feel cheated if it fails (or performs in a substandard way). It is also harder for the holistic to see the reasons of the esoteric while in the moment.
Thank you, Jack.

Last edited:

oldshoe

Mar 7, 2020
Despite the fact that here, at the forum, we sometimes express absolutely opposite opinions on the same issues, I dare to assume that the audience has gathered, mostly adults. We are no longer so interested in watching porn,it is much more interesting to dive into the game and enjoy the flow of your favorite story or be upset by its absence.

I will throw my pebble into the discussion of one acute topic that causes an ambiguous attitude.

«SEX-ED»
A lot of things were said about this and there was a lot of criticism, but no one spoke about it from the other side!
I mean, not only did the children receive sex education, but in some way it was also education for Sofia. It's not that she doesn't know something, Sofia has a complete order in the field of knowledge, but this is the first time that Sofia has held two members in her hands at the same time.
That is, in the field of practice, it was a useful experience that it will be easier for her to repeat later with adult partners.
Nothing is said about this in the text of the game, L&P often does not accompany interesting plots with a detailed description and intimate discussions, probably giving a wider field for our fantasies and interpretations.
But in any case, it is interesting for me that no one considered this event from the point of view I proposed.
I love the fact that she ends up "innocently" holding 2 dicks at the same time with another watching. Like many my brain fills in the gaps and goes off on a tangent. I'm sad that development is so slow, but this remains a favourite game of mine, one that I replay quite frequently.

Reactions: roam;)

oldshoe

Mar 7, 2020
If you're trying to frighten me off from trying DAZ and rendering, it's working!

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes