CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
Yup, really doesn't make any sense. To me, the only explanation for this and the fact that he doesn't hire any outsiders, no matter how qualified, just seems to be a measure of protection so that the actual time and work he's investing into this project does not get leaked, which would put a really bad light on him considering the way he presents himself to the public eyes. Pretending to hire a translator on his patreon page and not replying to any applicants, not even the most professional ones. Then posting on this forum, straight up lying about how there's nobody who'd want to do the job, like you said in one of your previous posts. His patreon goals, the years of experience gained creating and developing the game which should drastically speed up the process. All the broken promises and lies over the years.

Well, what I'm saying is obviously just speculation, but anyone with a couple working braincells should be able to see the connection here. And yet here we are, listening to people coming up with all kinds of excuses on why he's doing what he's doing. I said it many times, the game itself is great and L&P's talent to create VN's can't be denied, but so many things in the development process seem wrong, if not shady. It's sad.
There is a such thing as an NDA. He really has no excuses for not getting help by now.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I'm choosing to believe that this post is favorably comparing me to Alyssa, and I'll take that compliment all day every day.

Since Part II stays top secret, you'll get a little bonus teaser of Part I. So, this will be the last teaser of this event. Which also means that the next and last teaser of this update could take some time.

I hope you peeps like a very long wait for the update

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
The latest teaser can be found here. Nothing special though. Only thing it reveals is Sophia and Patricia sitting at the back, and that the band has one too many guitarists.
The funny thing is not that you're wrong, but what you're wrong about! They have one too many bassists: the white and the black instruments only have five pegs and five strings.

I believe it to be .
product_image_full_377780_86f6b2a3afc5a0dd76f34df71f7d804a.jpg

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

Since Part II stays top secret, you'll get a little bonus teaser of Part I. So, this will be the last teaser of this event. Which also means that the next and last teaser of this update could take some time.

I hope you peeps like a very long wait for the update
January it is!

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The funny thing is not that you're wrong, but what you're wrong about! They have one too many bassists: the white and the black instruments only have five pegs and five strings.

I believe it to be .
View attachment 1408318
Still a guitar. My point was that the band could have been a lot more interesting if instead of three guitarists (so a lead and two bassists), L&P could easily have put in a keyboardist or something. Keys also cover the bass range but add dimensionality.

Or say a baritone sax. Or a trombone.

• Angry
Reactions: Matt1

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Still a guitar. My point was that the band could have been a lot more interesting if instead of three guitarists (so a lead and two bassists), L&P could easily have put in a keyboardist or something. Keys also cover the bass range but add dimensionality.

Or say a baritone sax. Or a trombone.
This may be splitting a hair like fitting Sophia's clothes into her bag. :)

Reactions: Matt1

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
This may be splitting a hair like fitting Sophia's clothes into her bag. :)
I guess ultimately for me it's boiling down to what does this event offer that previous ones don't. And while I was somewhat hopeful for something interesting, L&P so far is going headlong into cliches, not just events that are already covered in other games, but even in this one.

From what I've seen, this really just seems like the Nightclub event, without Sophia and Patricia kissing, since I really doubt Sam will try and push for it. If there were women dancing and skirts twirling, that would have been cool. But unless Ellie (and possibly co) rock up wearing skirts, that's already been dashed.

So far, with the exception of Sophia and Patricia, it just looks like it will be the bikers trying to impress the women with their .

Last edited:

roro

May 29, 2017

I believe it to be .
View attachment 1408318
Good find. I hope L&P did that intentionally, so he won't change the scenes and render them again after reading your comment. I had a feeling he was a guitarist of some kind after the Sam guitar and cello lesson and seeing Alyssa's tattoos (PRS guitars birds inlay). Now I'm not so sure anymore...

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019

I believe it to be .
View attachment 1408318
That was a very good catch which I did not see until you pointed it out. It is not common having more than one bassist in a rock band, and when it does occur there is usually more than one guitarist. The point of curiosity for me is who is the lead singer. I spouted some piffle earlier about the "Morten Harket" member on the drums. However, it seems more likely to me that one of the bassists might be the lead vocalist. If memory serves I believe that Sam told Sophia that he is a backup vocalist (please correct me if I am in error here.)
Lead vocalist playing bass is not unheard of. Getty Lee from the band 'Rush' is one example. As a lark who would you guess could be the lead singer? The tanned fellow with the white bass, or the tatted fellow with the black bass?

roro

May 29, 2017
That was a very good catch which I did not see until you pointed it out. It is not common having more than one bassist in a rock band, and when it does occur there is usually more than one guitarist. The point of curiosity for me is who is the lead singer. I spouted some piffle earlier about the "Morten Harket" member on the drums. However, it seems more likely to me that one of the bassists might be the lead vocalist. If memory serves I believe that Sam told Sophia that he is a backup vocalist (please correct me if I am in error here.)
Lead vocalist playing bass is not unheard of. Getty Lee from the band 'Rush' is one example. As a lark who would you guess could be the lead singer? The tanned fellow with the white bass, or the tatted fellow with the black bass?
That's a good question (who's the singer), but with the two bassists and Sam being a rhythm guitarist, who's the lead guitarist?

Reactions: Jack Adams

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
is my favourite example of a lead vocalist bass player. Although from what I hear, her instrument is called a balalaika.

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
That's a good question (who's the singer), but with the two bassists and Sam being a rhythm guitarist, who's the lead guitarist?
Well...at times I have seen bands with a single guitarist who does everything that is demanded of the guitar, and in those cases the band (in my experience) has a bass lead. Examples of that is Primus (and again, Rush).
Exploring my own question, it occurred to me that there could be two lead singers as with 'Three Dog Night'.

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
is my favourite example of a lead vocalist bass player. Although from what I hear, her instrument is called a balalaika.
Thank you for sharing your video, I had not heard of them before. It felt like a Dixieland/Blues fusion, and I loved the percussionist doubling on a string instrument. It was a hoot.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

roro

May 29, 2017
Well...at times I have seen bands with a single guitarist who does everything that is demanded of the guitar, and in those cases the band (in my experience) has a bass lead. Examples of that is Primus (and again, Rush).
Exploring my own question, it occurred to me that there could be two lead singers as with 'Three Dog Night'.
Yeah, I know some rock bands that has only one guitar, one example that comes to mind is Extreme, and in this case Nunu bettencourt is considered a lead guitarist. But having two bassists and one guitar in a rock band is extremely uncommon. Again, I just hope it's intentional...

Reactions: Jack Adams

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Thank you for sharing your video, I had not heard of them before. It felt like a Dixieland/Blues fusion, and I loved the percussionist doubling on a string instrument. It was a hoot.
Apparently each of the members of the band can play most of the 15 different instruments they have in their group. One of my other favourite musicians (Gunhild Carling) can play at least and can sing in at least four different languages.

I wasn't expecting anything like this level of crazy for the concert, but it doesn't even look like any of Sam's school friends are there. And not nearly enough women.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I guess ultimately for me it's boiling down to what does this event offer that previous ones don't. And while I was somewhat hopeful for something interesting, L&P so far is going headlong into cliches, not just events that are already covered in other games, but even in this one.

From what I've seen, this really just seems like the Nightclub event, without Sophia and Patricia kissing, since I really doubt Sam will try and push for it. If there were women dancing and skirts twirling, that would have been cool. But unless Ellie (and possibly co) rock up wearing skirts, that's already been dashed.

So far, with the exception of Sophia and Patricia, it just looks like it will be the bikers trying to impress the women with their .
Based upon what we've seen in the trailers so far, and assuming there are some twists yet to be revealed, what would you like to see from this scene?

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
Apparently each of the members of the band can play most of the 15 different instruments they have in their group. One of my other favourite musicians (Gunhild Carling) can play at least and can sing in at least four different languages.

I wasn't expecting anything like this level of crazy for the concert, but it doesn't even look like any of Sam's school friends are there. And not nearly enough women.
I am quite tired and need to go to bed if I am going to shovel by hand and haul away two yards a dirt from the Adams' Estate tomorrow morning. However, I was so impressed by Gunhild Carling's performance I had to give you a 'thumbs up' response before I turn out the lights.
Thank you, Jack.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes