Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Even if she hadn't expected to be as late as she was, she would have taken a taxi home. Hence, taking a subway late at night is BS. During the day, fine. At night, dumb.
For me, the subway decision is totally believable.

After moving to a big city 20+ years ago I can say from personal experience that you can be aware of risks in the abstract and think you are being sensible in the moment but still make decisions that result in a risky situation. Even after several years I found myself in very risky situations despite consciously trying to make sensible decisions. It happens. If you’re lucky, shit doesn’t.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
She came from a small city to the big city. I have lived all over the world with the exception of Antarctica (No mass public transport other than aircraft helping you escape) and Africa. I am very capable of defending myself. I never put myself in a situation where I need to do that. It is stupid. There are many places with fine public transport. I do not assume that. Not when there are clear and safer alternatives.

So, here I am Sophia. A gorgeous, model quality woman, in a new, huge city, and I am just going to ASSUME everything is OK. You plan safety first. And I am sure that the Subway does not go to her front door. Uber and Lyft and yellow cab and checker cab et al do!

Now many people travel the Subways all the time. You are correct. It is like the wildebeest. They travel at the same times (it is called rush hour) and there is safety in numbers. Ridership drops like a rock outside these hours especially, in the dark. Also fewer people need to travel then since the days events are mostly over. Since she was much later than expected what should she do? Hmmm call a damn cab! Your assumption of a full Subway 24/7 is wrong. The Tube is not that way the Paris and Moscow metros are not that way, Don't even think New York, Chicago, DC or Philly. You can hear the pin drop after rush hour.

Is this game absolute to reality? Obviously not. Can we accept some pushes to achieve a certain outcome? The consensus seems yes. Does that mean we give L&P a pass when it is BS? Why do we have to? It is his claim to class and realism that attracted my initial play. He is constantly violating that claim or stretching the boundaries of belief as to exceed the best bungee cord. Why give him the benefit of the doubt in every situation? Call BS when it is? Damn Biker Bar!

I imagine you have not watched "Taken" with Liam Neeson. Unfortunately, more true that the world wants to admit.
So what do you say, a quality model should look at every person passing by her as a potential criminal. Safety first you say ? Isn't there numerous instances already where Sophia didn't give a fuck about her safety, you can see from where Dylan inherited that trait.

She went by a subway and most commonly people use the same transport to return when there is no actual need to change them.

It wasn't 12 o'clock at night that you would assume there to be silence. It was still quite early, you can expect people to be returning from there jobs at that time. I know there is no full subway 24/7 but believing that a station will not have a single soul there even at a reasonable hour is not something I would expect.

You know what happens to Sophia, so it's pretty easy to say what you should have done to avoid it. If you believe that taking the subway is a stupid idea in a new unsafe city then you had the option to take the car.

We too make decisions in our lives and then regret them. We too can come with various alternatives on what we should have done. Nobody warned that subways were not safe or there won't be a soul wandering there. She took a chance and paid the price there's nothing unbelievable about it

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
I can't imagine Sophia having sex with Marie or Amber, the scene with Marie in the shower I feel like was something to add to the "lesbian arc" of Sophia and if Amber does anything (besides fuck Big D in that one route) I can see some wife switching but even thats a long shot and possibly won't happen (unless far down Good Wife path?).
Note I had written the following 2 lines:
"Ordered in rough order of likelihood from highest first to lowest last." and
"But the first 7 girls and first 3 boys I see as (eventually) likely across 4-5+ routes"

i.e. I had already said that Amber and then Marie were least likely of the choices that I wanted to see happen.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
So what do you say, a quality model should look at every person passing by her as a potential criminal. Safety first you say ? Isn't there numerous instances already where Sophia didn't give a fuck about her safety, you can see from where Dylan inherited that trait.

She went by a subway and most commonly people use the same transport to return when there is no actual need to change them.

It wasn't 12 o'clock at night that you would assume there to be silence. It was still quite early, you can expect people to be returning from there jobs at that time. I know there is no full subway 24/7 but believing that a station will not have a single soul there even at a reasonable hour is not something I would expect.

You know what happens to Sophia, so it's pretty easy to say what you should have done to avoid it. If you believe that taking the subway is a stupid idea in a new unsafe city then you had the option to take the car.

We too make decisions in our lives and then regret them. We too can come with various alternatives on what we should have done. Nobody warned that subways were not safe or there won't be a soul wandering there. She took a chance and paid the price there's nothing unbelievable about it
Uh Patricia had already warned her of safety and given the pepper spray so yes she had been warned. So you walk down and see a bad situation. Do you stay? No you haul your ass out of Dodge. Was that a choice? Nope! It was L&P choice to do it that way. I would have done a Taxi. She could have even set that up before she left Claire's. I imagine Claire would not have had an issue keeping a paying client safe.

I always love how you resort to the it was "MY" choice thing. No it is not. All the story, good and bad is L&P's choices. If you want to read a novel do you skip chapters randomly. I am pretty sure you would miss a few ideas from the Bard or Mr Tolstoy. In this case if you take certain paths L&P takes other paths away from you. It is his choice. Not mine, not yours! So stop with that Trope it was "My" choice. I am commenting on his realism and how he forces issues vice taking the time to create the logic of the story. It is his fail. I have no problem saying he is a skilled artist and he has done some great work. However, I also have no problem saying he screwed up. Apparently you do. Why is that?

Damn Biker Bar!

roro

May 29, 2017
Uh Patricia had already warned her of safety and given the pepper spray so yes she had been warned. So you walk down and see a bad situation. Do you stay? No you haul your ass out of Dodge. Was that a choice? Nope! It was L&P choice to do it that way. I would have done a Taxi. She could have even set that up before she left Claire's. I imagine Claire would not have had an issue keeping a paying client safe.

I always love how you resort to the it was "MY" choice thing. No it is not. All the story, good and bad is L&P's choices. If you want to read a novel do you skip chapters randomly. I am pretty sure you would miss a few ideas from the Bard or Mr Tolstoy. In this case if you take certain paths L&P takes other paths away from you. It is his choice. Not mine, not yours! So stop with that Trope it was "My" choice. I am commenting on his realism and how he forces issues vice taking the time to create the logic of the story. It is his fail. I have no problem saying he is a skilled artist and he has done some great work. However, I also have no problem saying he screwed up. Apparently you do. Why is that?

Damn Biker Bar!
But this isn't a plain book! it is a choice based adult visual novel. L&P has the ultimate choice in deciding what to offer us, and he did offer us a choice in this case. Each and every player of this game has a choice - either go with a car or via the subway. It's a choice just like any other choice in this game. If you don't want to lose any render L&P made, just play all choices in several playthroughs (or use unren). No one is forcing you to choose the subway. If you feel it's stupid and unrealistic, just click the other option.
This whole debate reminds me of some extreme ntr haters, which never plays a game with ntr, even if it's absolutely avoidable, just because it's there...

And about the game being realistic - because it's an adult VN featuring many fetishes, including incest in the course of 30 days, it's quite obvious it isn't going to be realistic. As almost everything, realism is relative and this VN is relatively more realistic than most (if not all) incest games/VNs here, at least in my opinion.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
But this isn't a plain book! it is a choice based adult visual novel. L&P has the ultimate choice in deciding what to offer us, and he did offer us a choice in this case. Each and every player of this game has a choice - either go with a car or via the subway. It's a choice just like any other choice in this game. If you don't want to lose any render L&P made, just play all choices in several playthroughs (or use unren). No one is forcing you to choose the subway. If you feel it's stupid and unrealistic, just click the other option.
This whole debate reminds me of some extreme ntr haters, which never plays a game with ntr, even if it's absolutely avoidable, just because it's there...

And about the game being realistic - because it's an adult VN featuring many fetishes, including incest in the course of 30 days, it's quite obvious it isn't going to be realistic. As almost everything, realism is relative and this VN is relatively more realistic than most (if not all) incest games/VNs here, at least in my opinion.
His claim was class and realism. Therefore, he can get called on it any time he fails and praised any time he succeeds. All the choices and results are his. None of us wrote the story. We are in his realm. If you think that your choice is actually your choice you are sadly mistaken. Were you/we given the choice to avoid the subway and take a taxi. NOPE! Whose choice was that. It was L&P to drive the narrative he wanted. It is simple if you "Open you mind. Open you mind Quaid". Endex

Damn Biker Bar

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Were you/we given the choice to avoid the subway and take a taxi.
But there was a choice to avoid the subway scene. It could even be ended quick if people chose to go that route. Don't blame L&P if you chose all the choices that led you to the point there. That's all a you problem. If you failed to recognize those choices which happened much earlier in the game, that responsibility lays squarely upon your own shoulders. Go read the walkthrough if you need to know where those specific choices are.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This is why we need faster releases. We get bored and bad things happen. Some of us fiddle with our avatars while others get into endless debates over nuances to the story that sometimes rival L&P's own efforts. The crux of the problem is the same, we're bored and need our fix.

Last edited:

mad_hungarian

Apr 17, 2021
This is why we need faster releases. We get bored and bad things happen. Some of us fiddle with our avatars while others get into endless debates over nuances to the story that sometimes rival L&P's own efforts. The end result is the same, we're bored and need our fix.
Please continue fiddling with your avatar! Totally acceptable. Thank you :)

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes