Adolfo

Jun 5, 2017
Maybe Andy has to travel and Liam (and Sophia) have to take care of Cathy. That camel toe can't be alone

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
The problem is that this strategy, by itself, does not fix the larger problem of long development cycles. Switching to an event-based release schedule may just obscure the fact that the entire 1/3 of the day is still taking 5+ months to release.

I also worry that the connective tissue between events will suffer. When an update has three (or whatever) events it may be easier to tie them together. But one event every month or two? They may feel flat and disconnected. I'm glad that he's trying something, but this doesn't seem like the right idea.
I asked this question a while ago, not sure either whether it is a good strategy or not (production-wise). For sure, it's a well-known cognitive effect that breaking a big job like an entire update into smaller tasks often gives you a more sense of accomplishment because the "reward", even if smaller, comes earlier. And I'm not talking about us the readers/players, but for the developer: it could be a more satisfying and less boring and wearing way to work if you see the result of your work coming live quicker. It's a very general concept and it also depends on the person, some like this way better than the other. I don't think it's the (main) reason for this change but it's probably a factor to take into account as well.

Concerning the connectivity between events, yes you are right and it is a risk. On the other hand, I find kind of difficult to find past events that were somehow linked together, other than some few lines in the dialogue, often optional based on the choices of the previous event (e.g. in the last update Sophia thinking that it was the x-th time that somebody saw her breasts that day, with x different according previous choices).
We often said in the forum that, on the contrary, Sophia seems to "reset" after each event, which from a development point of view it's easier because you don't have to branch too much the dialogues and stories. But I see your point that this update strategy can exacerbate this particular feeling story-wise and in the development of the character.

My other concern, since I always keep an eye to the renpy script, is that this strategy could be difficult to manage when you have multiple events in parallel or optional. In the last update, Emma's event, the dressing and the task were kind of intertwined, some being mutually exclusive, some sharing some common script/renders etc. What I'm saying is that it could be more difficult to check for bugs and plothole if each event is treated separately but they are somehow related. I mean it's not a big big issue, but for sure it could be one of the drawbacks of switching to this strategy.

And of course I agree that it does not solve the original problem about the development cycle. It could have an impact for what I said above in that he could be more "engaged" with the production but it won't solve the whole problem.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
My other concern, since I always keep an eye to the renpy script, is that this strategy could be difficult to manage when you have multiple events in parallel or optional. In the last update, Emma's event, the dressing and the task were kind of intertwined, some being mutually exclusive, some sharing some common script/renders etc. What I'm saying is that it could be more difficult to check for bugs and plothole if each event is treated separately but they are somehow related. I mean it's not a big big issue, but for sure it could be one of the drawbacks of switching to this strategy.
sure, those who follow a certain path may not see any new content even if they download the update; simply because the passed variables are not active

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Man that's not a plothole. Just because the story says it happened off screen doesn't mean it is not true. Like the girl's night at Christine's happened off screen but we do all believe it did happen. That is not a plothole. He has given the explanation in text as to what happened between Dylan and Aiden. Plothole will be a contradiction of an earlier established fact.

Again for Dylan I did see a mature side even in the last bikini event. Then he brought her breakfast too next day, day 18 and then day 19 he did that. There was a nice pace showing that there is more to Dylan's than just a pervert. And we haven't seen how the story follows from the last event at the park. So can't say that the future events won't manage this growth. Also the fight with the hobos is an act of impulse not sensibility, can't really say that such an impulse changes ones character entirely.
Once again, that scene was designed for "The Twist" as we knew it to be a ruse. Because "The Twist" was the setup for the fake fight which was the cover story for the plan. If you were telling this story from a realistic point of view, as L&P based his novel to be "Realistic." just using the fight scene with No Twist, We would have known who that other student was and find out if he or she was being picked on or from the principal office scene as that would have been a question for Dylan and Zac. Also, She went to the police to report this incident. The police would have asked her who has involved and list all victims... Come on... Really???? These are all realistic steps. So yes, plotholes have been formed because of no background for the scene. Now, if "The Twist" remained intact, your argument could hold weight.

Again, What mature side of Dylan did you see there from the Bikini Event? You know he planned that when he said in the story, "I can't believe it really worked."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Which was suppose to be a hint from... take a second and guess... "The Twist and the deal inside it which is part of the corruption scheme." If we went on the premise that that phrase now means something else after removing "The Twist," One would think he planned it? Because of what Sophia told him in the changing room at the mall. It would only be a one-time deal, and he would forfeit his alliance and maintain chores around the house.

And at that point in the story, with all the perversion going on with Dylan, he wanted to see her naked again or close to it. So he came up with the Bikini Ideal and played along with it. So how in the hell did you see that as a mature side? He said many mature things during that scene, but that wasn't his end game for that scene. IMO, the maturity didn't start until this P.D. 12.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I too am really excited to see what this morning bonus will entail.
The meeting with morello is stated as optional, that really dulls the expectations from this storyline.

Now unlike you I am interested in the 2nd job, not for what he is going to do in the scene but what direction will this route go. This is a very bold storyline in comparison to the others and if he included it I want to see what he will do with it.

I really wished he did like the 1st day or two or the Coach Sophia event to give a taste of what this story will be like. And then if production schedule gets hectic, move it to DLC. With his new schedule it shouldn't create a lot of pressure for him.

Sophia Sam I only see that this event will he more of a follow up on the events of this night. It can't be a big event since he just got one.

Sophia Dylan Marie Claire could be more about Marie Dylan.

Sophia Dylan I see as a small event.

The events with Ellie and Emma could be very small and the one with Sophia could actually be the grand event of the day. I think that's the best way to close off. Like having the big step event before and then another event with Dylan after that could actually be difficult for Sophia, since it is a big step it would make Sophia feel guilty too. So another event after the big step seems unlikely. The last event with Dylan I see as the big event

Edit :- Killjoys you forgot to mention the Aiden event and then so did I :p . More than the task I am interested in knowing the solution this time
I think that Aiden's 4 task is tied in with the bonus content and since the 4th task happens in the classroom so Zac could be also involved(indirectly).
Since Aiden has given Sophia no instructions on what to wear besides the dress and no bra(so far) this task could be limited in scope.
Also about the 2nd side job. I don't really know what to think of it and cannot help think that L&P is having a laugh at us for the way that we look at it as it may not turn out as people expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabertooth__
Jul 1, 2019
I think that Aiden's 4 task is tied in with the bonus content and since the 4th task happens in the classroom so Zac could be also involved(indirectly).
Since Aiden has given Sophia no instructions on what to wear besides the dress and no bra(so far) this task could be limited in scope.

Imagen it turning from a literature class to a art class...

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Or maybe he didn't out right attack his friends because they are his friends and just wants them to stop disrespecting his mom. It would also have made him into a bully if he started kicking the shit out of Sam because he fell over can't see Sophia taking that very well. Also the martial arts training could have given him a confidance boost. I don't want to beat a dead horse but were the hobos actually drunk? yes they had been drinking but when I played that scene they didn't come of as being drunk just assholes.
I hope this answers your question.

A case can be made for the guy in the black shirt as he has a paper cup drink, but the others on the bench have cans at their feet, and the guy in the white wife-beater is holding a bottle in a brown bag. In the US, when you purchase an alcoholic drink, they have to bag it before it leaves the store. So most people keep the alcohol in the brown bag when drinking it in public, not in a restaurant, bar, or at your home. You can usually drink can beer in public with minor problems, but they're generally in a party/gathering setting with many people.

So with everything seen in the pictures and the text, it can be implied that they are drunk or drinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
So firstly now that the twist is removed it means that the fight between Dylan and Aiden actually happened that Aiden was actually bullying those students and Dylan actually went to save them. No mal intentions to get Sophia involved now. That's how the events have changed. You don't believe me ask anyone anyone else. reliable on the thread. You're a patron you can directly ask L&P about this and he will tell you the same thing.

Just like you posted Dialogues here, I too can do that from the same event where Sophia acknowledges that Dylan is acting way mature and professional about this shoot and not like a perverted child. Ofcourse he has to have planned for such a thing. No one is calling Dylan a good innocent boy. He thought about asking Sophia for this, it is clear that he is interested in his mom and wants to further their relationship. When Sophia didn't refuse his request he said to himself that it worked.

The Dylan twist has nothing to do here. Since the revelation happens on the boarding school route. In the main Storyline there was no hint given that Dylan is actually lying. The "can't believe it really worked is more about him making this request of a bikini show and it working out and Sophia not refusing him
As L&P once mentioned that removing the twist didn't change anything with the story,which at the time did seem a strange thing to say and the removal of the twist did confuse me at first

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I'd be happy if he actually laughs for once while looking at the thread instead of getting angry.

The 4th task to me also feels like it will be limited and will focus more on the solution aspect.
Has he mentioned if the bonus storyline is related with the 4th task. It could be something independent, like something she does after leaving class, discovering a new interest.

I have an assumption about the 2nd job and I would Maybe ask him directly if my assumption is correct. This is the part that gets me interested, whether my assumption of what this storyline will be like is correct or not
As I have said to you before a lot of things in this 2nd side job just don't add up for me.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
How I see the two different paths is like a alternate reality. And I believe that's exactly how L&P sees and that's why he says that it doesn't change anything.

In the main Storyline with Dylan, there is actually a fight with Dylan and Aiden is an actual threat. In the boarding school route though the truth is completely different. In this storyline Dylan was lying. Because as we know he had planned something completely different for this route after Sophia finds out Dylan lied to her. The approach would change completely.

Since he was writing the main route without any twist in it from the beginning nothing changed for him. It remains the same Storyline as he originally thought with an actual Aiden blackmail and not a lie
Also he did bring the twist forward as it was not meant to happen at this stage in the game

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
As I have said to you before a lot of things in this 2nd side job just don't add up for me
I know you don't like it. I also admit that the event was very poorly written, probably one of the worst in terms of writing.

Also he did bring the twist forward as it was not meant to happen at this stage in the game
Didn't know that one. It is just like how in a lot of games with alternate routes.

Eg. Your best friend in one route betrays you and sells you out. In the other route he lays down his life for you. Though the previous scenes and story remains the same there are two alternative paths. If now in such a game the betrayal path is removed, it will not create any problems for the path where he dies for you. That route still stands independently. It's exactly like that here.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I don't understand what is that travel bag doing in first scene. Surely no one was travelling anywhere, none that we know of.
Could it he Andy going somewhere next day. It could be something possible and helpful from a story pov, as if he wants to develop a relationship between Liam and Cathy, it would be easier with Andy gone.

The apartment looks fairly normal and still pretty nice. Like how real homes are.
It's just part of the asset, it's in the same place and everything.

Kudos to the asset's creators.

Aren't those 2 getting married soon? "It's for our honeymoon". That's it, move on with the story.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
The Dylan twist has nothing to do here. Since the revelation happens on the boarding school route. In the main Storyline there was no hint given that Dylan is actually lying. The "can't believe it really worked" is more about him making this request of a bikini show and it working out and Sophia not refusing him
Before we knew about the twist, that scene with Aiden/Dylan and Zac looked like they were fighting and shoving. Dylan explains to his mom that they were standing up for another boy. Aiden is pissed because Dylan is meddling in his business and thus starts the tasks with Sophia.
Then came the big awakening and the backstory of the twist was revealed. Dylan has instructed Aiden to give his mother some tasks so she can dress a little more liberally and get away from her "midlife crisis." By the way, no idea how L&P comes up with a midlife crisis for Sophia. There was never any talk of that. Doesn't matter!
After a short outcry from his supporters, the twist itself was deleted. But basically, it is still exists. Only Dylan is no longer responsible for the tasks. It's just that Dylan meddled in Aiden's business and now he's threatening Sophia with the tasks. That's all.

And yes Sabertooth__ ... this sentence "I can´t believe it really worked"...
This phrase is based on the fact that with the help of Aiden, his mother has now come this far. That she herself has put on this sexy swimsuit that looks more like lingerie. Considering that a few days earlier she felt uncomfortable wearing an all covering swimsuit in front of Dylan.... this is a milestone for Dylan. And that was to Aiden's credit.... making her more corrupt for this kind of thing.

Last edited:

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Before we knew about the twist, that scene with Aiden/Dylan and Zac looked like they were fighting and shoving. Dylan explains to his mom that they were standing up for another boy. Aiden is pissed because Dylan is meddling in his business and thus starts the tasks with Sophia.
Then came the big awakening and the backstory of the twist was revealed. Dylan has instructed Aiden to give his mother some tasks so she can dress a little more liberally and get away from her "midlife crisis." By the way, no idea how L&P comes up with a midlife crisis for Sophia. There was never any talk of that. Doesn't matter!
After a short outcry from his supporters, the twist itself was deleted. But basically, it is still exists. Only Dylan is no longer responsible for the tasks. It's just that Dylan meddled in Aiden's business and now he's threatening Sophia with the tasks. That's all.

And yes Sabertooth__ ... these sentence "I can´t believe it really worked"...
This phrase is based on the fact that with the help of Aiden, his mother has now come this far. That she herself has put on this sexy swimsuit that looks more like lingerie. Considering that a few days earlier she felt uncomfortable wearing an all covering swimsuit in front of Dylan.... this is a milestone for Dylan. And that was to Aiden's credit.... making her more corrupt for this kind of thing.
Folks call it a "Twist", but it's not really a twist more of a "Betrayal" in my book.

The twist has been removed. It had to be removed.

If it wasn't removed then Dylan would be higher up the psychopath and evil scale than Aiden, and on par with the subway rapists. It turned Dylan from a likable and relatable character to many into a monster.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes