ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
The forum being locked or deleted is my largest concern when it comes to the ultimate fate of this thread. It seems headed in this direction. There seems to be little substantive discussion of the game itself. Rather, there is too much discussion of the dev themselves, which often happens even if there is only a moderate delay in update velocity. When there is a discussion of the game, it is often petty and puerile.
I would have to disagree on this. I visit & occasionally comment on other threads & whilst it's true that most might be described as more 'civilised', they are less interesting & have fewer posts. I take the high levels of vitriol sometimes found associated with AWAM as a sign of the fan (& non-fan) passion that surrounds the game/VN. [This could be taken as a compliment by the Dev but seems not to be]. If it exists for other games on F95, I don't know, because I just don't play anything else that generates the controversy found on this thread.

I've had so many posts removed here that I've lost track, with reasons given ranging from the generic "cleaning up" to being too political. (This last followed a reply to a sweeping generalised insult to my country which right or left wingers, or centrists, would all have found too much. That whole conversation was removed). So long as the Moderators don't go too far, too often, it's just another issue to put up with IMO.

During the last couple of years there has been no, "moderate delay in update velocity", indeed the slow speed of updates is one of the main reasons that the devil finds work for idle keyboards but I say this not in complaint mode, because I'm a pirate, on a pirate site. Update speed is something else to just live with, if you're a fan.

I don't condone the insults, or agree with all of the language used but at the same time IMO, there are many issues raised which receive a higher level of debate than they would in some other threads. If some of the subjects seem petty or trivial it's largely owing to POV. Speculation on future events is still rife, along with all the usual complaints & compliments. Some contributors even go to sleep, apparently, no doubt exhausted by the interminable controversies. Still, it's yet another POV. I take all of this & more to mean that the thread should not be locked, or deleted, as that really would be an infringement of free speech.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I would have to disagree on this. I visit & occasionally comment on other threads & whilst it's true that most might be described as more 'civilised', they are less interesting & have fewer posts. I take the high levels of vitriol sometimes found associated with AWAM as a sign of the fan (& non-fan) passion that surrounds the game/VN. [This could be taken as a compliment by the Dev but seems not to be]. If it exists for other games on F95, I don't know, because I just don't play anything else that generates the controversy found on this thread.

I've had so many posts removed here that I've lost track, with reasons given ranging from the generic "cleaning up" to being too political. (This last followed a reply to a sweeping generalised insult to my country which right or left wingers, or centrists, would all have found too much. That whole conversation was removed). So long as the Moderators don't go too far, too often, it's just another issue to put up with IMO.

During the last couple of years there has been no, "moderate delay in update velocity", indeed the slow speed of updates is one of the main reasons that the devil finds work for idle keyboards but I say this not in complaint mode, because I'm a pirate, on a pirate site. Update speed is something else to just live with, if you're a fan.

I don't condone the insults, or agree with all of the language used but at the same time IMO, there are many issues raised which receive a higher level of debate than they would in some other threads. If some of the subjects seem petty or trivial it's largely owing to POV. Speculation on future events is still rife, along with all the usual complaints & compliments. Some contributors even go to sleep, apparently, no doubt exhausted by the interminable controversies. Still, it's yet another POV. I take all of this & more to mean that the thread should not be locked, or deleted, as that really would be an infringement of free speech.
This is worth repeating, this thread and community is more active than 95% of any other on this forum. At times I think this community is amazing, even when I think some of the theories get too crazy you'll never find anything like it elsewhere. I also think that the criticisms of the game/dev speak to a fanbase that is passionate. Many games go months between updates and no one seems to care, but this thread is active every single day.

Basically, when it's good this thread/community is great. But when it's bad this thread/community is toxic. I don't want us to lose our spark, but the trolling has gone too far.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
This is worth repeating, this thread and community is more active than 95% of any other on this forum. At times I think this community is amazing, even when I think some of the theories get too crazy you'll never find anything like it elsewhere. I also think that the criticisms of the game/dev speak to a fanbase that is passionate. Many games go months between updates and no one seems to care, but this thread is active every single day.

Basically, when it's good this thread/community is great. But when it's bad this thread/community is toxic. I don't want us to lose our spark, but the trolling has gone too far.
Well, would be nice if more people were able to think of it the way you do. Problem is, whenever someone starts to criticize L&P or the game, there's also those who disagree, which is normal, but the entire community then goes into warmode which sometimes lasts for 20+ pages before things calm down again. That obviously goes both ways as the same thing happens when people praise the game and it's developer.

But yeah, I guess that really goes to show how passionate this community is about the game. One thing I rarely ever see though are actual trolls, surprisingly enough. Criticism? Sure. Hate? Yup. Supporters? Check. We even have the rare individual who's literally on their knees, waiting for L&P to whip it out. :p ...But trolls? I guess that depends on who you ask.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Community, you must be joking, there are 6-7 individuals in this "community" of yours who are pretty much 24-7 here and commenting on this thread and hyping this game like there is no tomorrow, when i see some new user saying something is a celebration but he/she is really fast shut down if he doesn't go with this "community" guidelines of hyping the game...
Congratulations! My first facepalm, which I have ever delivered for the first time in my life, is intended for you!
I would like to ask you, why are you talking such nonsense ?!
Are there really few of those in this thread who constantly criticize, accuse L&P and call him a deceiver and a swindler? Do you want only them to be here?
But that's ... no, I'd rather not say anything because it will sound like an insult.

It would be great if many here on this forum showed a little more tolerance for other opinions and a little respect for the game developer, being at the forum dedicated to his game!

I don’t understand,BorgiaBou, is it really not enough for you that mud that is being poured out on the L&P?

From what other forum members said here KillJoys, ViperDonkey, mulerider, GingerSweetGirl, palmtrees89, etc. I understand that, firstly, a large number of comments are being deleted, and secondly, comments are being deleted, so to speak, from both camps.

Proceeding from this, I understand that I was wrong in accusing the moderators. I ask the moderators for forgiveness and I ask them to excuse me! My assumption that the moderators have chosen one of the parties is not correct! They probably have completely different criteria for evaluating our posts and they delete them because it is their job. I guess we all shouldn't be offended by them.

And yet, I once again appeal to everyone who visits this forum, to everyone who reads my message, friends, I ask you to express your critical opinion or opinion in support of AWAM or L&P, weigh your words, put not only emotions into them, but also a little more sense, while showing a little more respect for other forum visitors, so that it really isn't as toxic as it is now.
Regardless of what L&P personality is, our respect for each other in this forum will bring satisfaction from communication and different points of view on AWAM.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
The good about this website and its mods is that the games/devs have a lot more to lose by not having their game here than the website by not having a thread. Hence why mods can be imparcial.

It's pretty hard to ask for a clean thread when the main and sole delevoper of the game is the person who keeps offending plenty of patrons and non-patrons on this website. And about that I don't even see 1 post. It's all "oh but it's L&P we know he's like that".

Remember that this little rant of his a week ago isn't his first time.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Congratulations! My first facepalm, which I have ever delivered for the first time in my life, is intended for you!
I would like to ask you, why are you talking such nonsense ?!
Are there really few of those in this thread who constantly criticize, accuse L&P and call him a deceiver and a swindler? Do you want only them to be here?
But that's ... no, I'd rather not say anything because it will sound like an insult.

It would be great if many here on this forum showed a little more tolerance for other opinions and a little respect for the game developer, being at the forum dedicated to his game!

I don’t understand,BorgiaBou, is it really not enough for you that mud that is being poured out on the L&P?

From what other forum members said here KillJoys, ViperDonkey, mulerider, GingerSweetGirl, palmtrees89, etc. I understand that, firstly, a large number of comments are being deleted, and secondly, comments are being deleted, so to speak, from both camps.

Proceeding from this, I understand that I was wrong in accusing the moderators. I ask the moderators for forgiveness and I ask them to excuse me! My assumption that the moderators have chosen one of the parties is not correct! They probably have completely different criteria for evaluating our posts and they delete them because it is their job. I guess we all shouldn't be offended by them.

And yet, I once again appeal to everyone who visits this forum, to everyone who reads my message, friends, I ask you to express your critical opinion or opinion in support of AWAM or L&P, weigh your words, put not only emotions into them, but also a little more sense, while showing a little more respect for other forum visitors, so that it really isn't as toxic as it is now.
Regardless of what L&P personality is, our respect for each other in this forum will bring satisfaction from communication and different points of view on AWAM.
Bane71 while you may feel stressed, to provide such a reference to the poster that stirred you, I recommend just reviewing what he does post. I think he is an outstanding example of a troll. I think he completely disproves palmtrees89 theory of no trolls. This review will, hopefully, provide ample proof that in some cases you just need to call the ball. I think you caught the three wire on that one. Perfect carrier landing. Just Sayin'!

Last edited:

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Of course two of the 24-7 "community" crew Bane71 and t3alqdansam found themself to talk about what i said and not doing something else than just to prove my point that if you don't fall in line with them "community" guidelines you have no "respect for the dev" or you just a troll, lovely ppl in this "community"...:sick:

Reactions: Julius Ash
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes