strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Regardless of what side of the fence your on, "make your own game" is not a valid defense.
I don't know. I think it would be valuable in ether case for these people to see what's involved with making a game.
I spend about a year learning daz by doing fan art and I'm just at the point my render look good. But the better you get the more effort goes into each shot. More so if you're further editing your renders with PS.

Then their is the coding. Renpy is a great system for VNs if you can work with scripts but you start adding routes and it gets more and more complex. To say nothing of the little things no one thinks of like UI design.

And then there is the writing. It can be incredibly frustrating at times to write. You can spend all day with a blank page or spend a few days on a scene only to have to throw it all out because it's just not working.

Community management is an on going drain. Keeping people informed and reading comments that range from 'you're amazing I love this game. my keyboard is covered in cum!' to 'this is shit, go kill yourself' is something no one enjoys. Keeping everything positive and promoting the game to people is a skill you have to leverage to have any success.

So you have four very different skill sets one of which you might have known well when you started. Meaning not only do you have to do all the work of the other three, you have to spend time learning how to do them.

Anyone who calls a dev with this amount of content created lazy could really use some first hand experience with game development. If you don't like a game or think it's updates are taking to long for you to stay interested, that's perfectly fine. But to spend so much time ragging on the dev again and again. For years in some peoples cases. Well that just show you've got a lot of free time on your hands. So why not take a project on? The worst that can happen is they run into people just like them.

Last edited:

RUSSIAN MAFIA

Feb 26, 2019
By the way, does Sofia still wear a ring? about marriage...? In the photo, of course it is, but suddenly, it's not it anymore? hee-hee???

RUSSIAN MAFIA

Feb 26, 2019
I think it's just a matter of perception, but I'd call the Dylan mistake "big". What you're talking about, errors in the code that make the game unstable or unplayable, sounds "catastrophic" to me from the user end. The Dylan error is magnified because it hasn't been fixed, if it had we would have let it go. A "small" glitch/error to me would be things like a character's body clipping through their clothes, or duplicated text within a scene.
Nice legs, Redhead!... P s/ Like Sofia's....:lepew:

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
What a lot of folks don't get about game production is sometimes good quality takes time. Adding more people to the team, or getting better hardware won't always make things come out that much faster.

It's like... If you gather 9 pregnant women together that doesn't mean you can just pop out a baby every single month... The pizza said it should be cooked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Can't we just cook it at 4,000 degrees for 2 minutes instead? No...

I_Love_Moms

Nov 3, 2019
What a lot of folks don't get about game production is sometimes good quality takes time. Adding more people to the team, or getting better hardware won't always make things come out that much faster.

It's like... If you gather 9 pregnant women together that doesn't mean you can just pop out a baby every single month... The pizza said it should be cooked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Can't we just cook it at 4,000 degrees for 2 minutes instead? No...
I believe most people here don't complain about the development time and the time between updates. The issue is the slow progress in the game. The game has been out for four years, and it has had at least 8-10 updates. It has a lot of content in terms of images. But sex-wise, not even a handjob on the filthy route. That's what, I reckon, is the biggest problem — dead slow progress.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I believe most people here don't complain about the development time and the time between updates. The issue is the slow progress in the game. The game has been out for four years, and it has had at least 8-10 updates. It has a lot of content in terms of images. But sex-wise, not even a handjob on the filthy route. That's what, I reckon, is the biggest problem — dead slow progress.
You are absolutely wrong on this. It is the development pace everyone hates. The in game progress is what is loved and is the reason for the popularity of this game and that's what sets it apart. Using the number of updates or years in the development as basis for telling that a particular kind of content should be in the game is not logical. If you are going to use that as a benchmark then L&P could complete the next 7 game days all together and give an update in 6 years and then you won't have a problem since where there is no handjob in 8-10 updates, there will be full on sex in the 11th update but no one here wants that.
To make the corruption believable it has to be slow and well developed

abram1

May 24, 2020
Our beliefs are quite opposite, then.

I'd say that a lion's share of regulars here, let's put it mildly, ain't that happy with the process in general. Some call it milking, others like to bitch about anything for the sake of (put any reason in here).

One thing goes hand in hand with another. It's a freaking closed circle. Faster updates at the cost of quality or PD that takes a year+ to complete? We all know the answer and that's disturbing.

The game is really good but it's nerve wrecking to realize that it might take more than a decade to see the final chapter of the saga.

I_Love_Moms

Nov 3, 2019
You are absolutely wrong on this. It is the development pace everyone hates. The in game progress is what is loved and is the reason for the popularity of this game and that's what sets it apart. Using the number of updates as basis for telling that a particular kind of content should be in the game is not logical. If you are going to use that as a benchmark then L&P could complete the next 7 game days all together and give an update in 6 years and then you won't have a problem since where there is no handjob in 8-10 updates, there will be full on sex in the 11th update but no one here wants that.

To make the corruption believable it ahs to be slow and we'll developed.
Many devs release two or three updates a year, don't they? L&P isn't the only one who does that. The problem, in my opinion, is only 1/3 day per update, making it 1 PD per year if you get three updates. That's what I meant by slow progress, not the slow corruption I believe you're referring to. Of course, if you're referring to 1/3 day per update as slow development, then we're on the same page.

I_Love_Moms

Nov 3, 2019
"The issue is the slow progress in the game"

This is what you wrote. So you are actually referring to the in game story progress whereas that is not the issue.

The issue is development pace in relation to the size of the game. Other Devs are not called out when the only give 3-4 updates is because there story is small and even at Thier pace they will finish it in 5 years max. L&P on the other hand would take 20 years. That is why everyone is unhappy with the development speed since the game will most likely be abandoned, even if it is not, 20 years is a very long Time
I also wrote " It has a lot of content in terms of images. But sex-wise, not even a handjob on the filthy route," which kinda means the same thing that there's a lot of non-erotic content.
That is why everyone is unhappy with the development speed since the game will most likely be abandoned, even if it is not, 20 years is a very long Time ----
Well, then, speeding up the story progress seems to be the only way to finish the game.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes