xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
It's like... If you gather 9 pregnant women together that doesn't mean you can just pop out a baby every single month...
Statisticians will then tell you that it makes an average of 1 baby per month anyway! :ROFLMAO:
Jokes aside, many years ago my professor used that metaphor to explain that there are tasks that cannot be parallelised, I still use it myself to this day to explain the concept. I love it! ;)

Reactions: Sabertooth__

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
That is why everyone is unhappy with the development speed since the game will most likely be abandoned, even if it is not, 20 years is a very long Time
I don't think L&P will abandon the game. In my opinion, the technical development will benefit L&P. He will probably have to keep upgrading but in return, he will get an improvement to then render easier and faster. To maybe also include animations in the game more easily. I don't know exactly how old he is now. But I'm guessing mid/late 20's. Why would he give it up? To start a new one? He would also keep making the game the same as AWAM. I don't see the point in abandoning it.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
It is just that sometimes you get so fed up with a project that you give up and start a new one. He himself in his message addressed that he knows he will burn out eventually or something along the lines and wishes he could find someone on par with him to help in the game.

As for age I guess t3alqdansam here asked him his age and he mentioned 33, but I think it was asked last year
The game is definitely too big for one person. It´s a monster! But it is his peculiarity how he deals with possible support. He probably doesn't believe/trust any other person who works at his eye level. He is a perfectionist. If you google perfectionist, it shows L&P! ;) He should try to shed it a bit. Then his life would be a bit easier.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I don't think L&P will abandon the game. In my opinion, the technical development will benefit L&P. He will probably have to keep upgrading but in return, he will get an improvement to then render easier and faster. To maybe also include animations in the game more easily. I don't know exactly how old he is now. But I'm guessing mid/late 20's. Why would he give it up? To start a new one? He would also keep making the game the same as AWAM. I don't see the point in abandoning it.
Right, people lose touch with reality. If he quits he will take a break for at least 2 years :unsure:
But we have some details, a new apartment and prices are high in Germany, and the income with this game even exceeds the income of a programmer.

Reactions: Hlextor

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Right, people lose touch with reality. If he quits he will take a break for at least 2 years :unsure:
But we have some details, a new apartment and prices are high in Germany, and the income with this game even exceeds the income of a programmer.
I'm betting the dev works more than 40 hours a week. Doesn't get benefits or weekends off.

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
The game is definitely too big for one person. It´s a monster! But it is his peculiarity how he deals with possible support. He probably doesn't believe/trust any other person who works at his eye level. He is a perfectionist. If you google perfectionist, it shows L&P! ;) He should try to shed it a bit. Then his life would be a bit easier.
So L&P means Lazy & Perfectionist?;)

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
I highly doubt he will abandon the game, he simply makes way too much money to do that.
Lets just do some math using the numbers provided by Graphtreon.
He was at $7.89 per Patreon before he decided to hide his income and using the amount of Patreons he had in September (1375) he made $10848 which is 9310€ before taxes.
And those 9310€ are 5260€ after taxes and social insurances (unemployment, health care, retirement) for a single guy without kids.
Which makes him literally part of the upper 3% when it comes to income in Germany.

Edit: But I have to add that the math is for people who are not self employed so it would probably be a bit different for him but not by that much.

Edit2: For a bit more perspective: The median income of people who went through University in Germany is 2541€ after taxes.

Last edited:

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
I know what you mean
However your argument mixes intensive and extensive parameters :coffee:
extensive : pizza (amount of material), cooking (progress of a reaction)
intensive : temperature, duration

In general, you can change the extensive parameters, for example, you can send several pizzas in the same oven.
(meaning to make several 3D renditions in parallel)

but it will be difficult to have a day that makes more than 24 hours to do more in a day, or to work 10 times faster by experience or because you have a computer 1,000 times faster than it was 20 years ago.

At best you will gain 10-15% on intensives in several years

The only solution (and it has been debated a thousand times) to go faster is to focus on the extensives, so have one or more collaborators who will have a or several well-defined tasks.

One who makes the paw, (another) who makes the pizza, (another) who cooks it, (another) who sells/serve it.
(scenario, script, scene creation, rendering, post-treatement, packaging, communication)

These discussions, although interesting, never lead to anything once the developer wants to work alone on his project.

That's why I no longer care too much about these aspects in this thread.

As I_Love_Moms said, people (like me) are rather worried that the story isn't really progressing, we have gone over half the game and we always have only scenes where Sophia is embarrassed by the sight of a penis or a pair of breasts.

So it gives the impression that the author is pulling on the length. I have no opinion on this, I report the opinions of some

And that implies two major risks, that nothing really happens for a long time, or that all of a sudden too much is happening.

This game is often compared to another (a famous blonde journalist moving by Vespa to a newspaper stand ;)), I don't like comparing two artistic works between them. But I must say the progression in the other artist is very balanced and I was able to exchange with him on it, it's a point that has all his attention. Here I am more circumspect even worried.
nah i disagree with you here.... I also loved JOHN... but even though it has fast nude eroticism, it has nowhere near content comparing to AWAM. AWAM has less nude contents, yes, but the amount of memorable erotic events is too many, in so many different paths.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
nah i disagree with you here.... I also loved JOHN... but even though it has fast nude eroticism, it has nowhere near content comparing to AWAM. AWAM has less nude contents, yes, but the amount of memorable erotic events is too many, in so many different paths.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well atleast Jessica has already cheated on her boyfriend & had a lesbian affair & a 3some & will continue to get naughtier now

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This conversation about the nature of our complaints is interesting because I've always thought our core complaint about the long development periods went hand-in-hand with the slow story progression. It's like the worst of both worlds. We have a slowly paced story that wants to be believable, and we have long development cycles because the dev is slow; those are a deadly combination. I think all of us here appreciate the story's pacing in theory, but when it's paired with a development cycle of 4+ months it's untenable. So when I bitch about "long development cycles" it goes hand in hand with the ideas that each individual update takes both too long to come out, and progresses the story too little to justify the long development cycle. It's a really tough position to be in because you can't rush the corruption because that's the key to L&P's success, but after four years we're just getting to the point where Sophia's corruption is gaining traction...and we're still YEARS away from that corruption hitting the tipping point. Playable Day 12 has seen Sophia's corruption advance quickly, and I've said before that I think it will be remembered as a turning point in the game. But still, each update's progress can be measured in inches and we have miles to go until the end. When you first discover the game it's incredible because the story's progress is laid out expertly. But the second you catch up and are current with the game and you see how long the wait between updates is, that puts everything in perspective and is a hard pill to swallow.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017

0.150 Release time span

Release: 3rd week of November (between 15th and 21st)

Content: Around 870 Renders spread over 5 main events and some tiny ones.
(27 MS Word pages of text to translate)

Currently I'm redoing some tiny scenes and re-render them. Then I will edit some things in the code for the improvements and eventually add the gallery mode.

I'll start with the P&T part on Sunday/Monday.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I'm sort of shocked by this... 127 smaller counts with Renders/CS and half the MS pages from v0.130.
There seems to be some major cutdown all of a sudden. An update easily crossing 950 renders now limited at 870.
Even the script is far smaller. Last time it was 43 pages if I remember correctly, now 27.

Guess it tells how much extra Xavier spoke :p :p

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes