Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Dylan will be back whether we like it or not,so my question still stands as there is nothing to stop Aiden from starting over.
You don't even play this route
I might be wrong about what you're talking about, but I'm talking about if Dylan returns to Northtown High from spending time at boarding school. Which is the route I play.

And the reason for sending Dylan to boarding school in the first place is if Sophia refuses to do a task. And the threat Aiden makes is if Sophia doesn’t do the tasks, Dylan gets beaten up.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
One can just hope that he's not going to take weeks off after every update (or organizing and planning for the next one). If he were to take 2 weeks off for each of the 10 updates, that would amount to 5 whole months without any progress made towards the completion of PD13. Add to that ~1,5-2 months per update, random breaks and hollidays, and things are starting to look rather grim.

I'm really hoping that this first release with Aiden's 4th task is one of the biggest updates for PD13 when it comes to the amount of renders, otherwise I don't really see this entire PD taking any less than 18 months of development, if not more.
This is ridiculous assumption in my opinion. 5 months a year, he can't afford to take that much break with his development speed. This whole year he hardly took breaks and that is something that we should base are assumptions for the future on.

Aiden by no means is going to be the biggest scene of the day. It is happening in the classroom. The most likely event for being the biggest is the Dylan Sophia event.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I might be wrong about what you're talking about, but I'm talking about if Dylan returns to Northtown High from spending time at boarding school. Which is the route I play.

And the reason for sending Dylan to boarding school in the first place is if Sophia refuses to do a task. And the threat Aiden makes is if Sophia doesn’t do the tasks, Dylan gets beaten up.
Unless Dylan goes to Sam's school, as I think it would be stupid to put him back into Northtown High.
My point is that putting Dylan back into the same school would give Aiden the opportunity to start over again with Dylan.
L&P has made it that if your refuse Aiden and send Dylan away then the blackmail stops even if he goes back to the same school which really should not be the case.

Reactions: t3alqdansam

Atton563

Co-Developer of Elite Garden
Game Developer
Feb 22, 2019
Unless Dylan goes to Sam's school, as I think it would be stupid to put him back into Northtown High.
My point is that putting Dylan back into the same school would give Aiden the opportunity to start over again with Dylan.
L&P has made it that if your refuse Aiden and send Dylan away then the blackmail stops even if he goes back to the same school which really should not be the case.
But Aiden won't be able to start again because Dylan won't be going back until Carl has found a solution, it's the reason Sophia went to him in the first place.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
This is ridiculous assumption in my opinion. 5 months a year, he can't afford to take that much break with his development speed. This whole year he hardly took breaks and that is something that we should base are assumptions for the future on.

Aiden by no means is going to be the biggest scene of the day. It is happening in the classroom. The most likely event for being the biggest is the Dylan Sophia event.
Where do you read that I'm assuming 5 months of breaks within one year? I was talking about the 10 updates for PD13, not a particular timeframe. And even that is not an assumption, I was just saying that IF L&P were to take 2 weeks off after every one of these updates (for planning or whatever), we'd be looking at 5 months of nothingness for the entire PD13 (10 x 14 days). A process that could easily take 15-20 months of pure development time alone if every update is taking him 1,5-2 months to complete. That is without any breaks, hollidays or stray dogs eating his harddrives. I agree, he can't afford that with his development speed.

You know very well that L&P takes days off after every update, and you also know that he's disappearing quite often for whatever reason during the development. Everyone needs breaks, obviously, and I'm not trying to say that he can't take time off. I just hope that those breaks will be shorter than the usual 2 weeks from previous updates as releases are also smaller and more frequent is all.

Last edited:

sheatfish

Sep 17, 2019
this link, unfortunately, is also only in English
When downloading, choose to download only the Russian version. There, when you start the torrent, checkboxes are put on what you want to download.
PS: I am correcting the version of the translation, there is a quick translation, not thoughtful, I will soon release a fix.

Reactions: Bane71 and globsis

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Why would Dylan return though? By choosing the boarding school route you're choosing not to play the Sophia/Dylan events.

Besides, this is what I was saying about Aiden not beating Dylan up. By sending Dylan to boarding school, even if it's just for a day, means that Sophia isn't risking Aiden restarting the tasks if Dylan returns to Northtown High. She's risking Dylan being beaten up by Aiden and his gang. Because that is the consequence of not doing a task.

The only way Dylan could reasonably return from boarding school safely would be if Carl could organise something like an a restraining order
OK, I have tracked back through the discussion and somewhere along the way we got in some loop. I think we are all saying the same thing just differently.:LOL:

ruhamuo

Sep 8, 2019
My guess is that Natalie lied that she locked the front door and had her first lesbian sex and got caught by Dylan that scene, and I think that's why she's going to have sex with Dylan.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Probably the result of having to remove the twist. He did not have assistance in production so this likely fell through the cracks. Otherwise there is no rational reason that Sophia is doing the tasks except she is a masochist and does not know it.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Probably the result of having to remove the twist. He did not have assistance in production so this likely fell through the cracks. Otherwise there is no rational reason that Sophia is doing the tasks except she is a masochist and does not know it.
We will just have to wait and see what happens I guess.
Now I am off to mess a round with Charlotte :oops:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Where do you read that I'm assuming 5 months of breaks within one year? I was talking about the 10 updates for PD13, not a particular timeframe. And even that is not an assumption, I was just saying that IF L&P were to take 2 weeks off after every one of these updates (for planning or whatever), we'd be looking at 5 months of nothingness for the entire PD13 (10 x 14 days). A process that could easily take 15-20 months of pure development time alone if every update is taking him 1,5-2 months to complete. That is without any breaks, hollidays or stray dogs eating his harddrives. I agree, he can't afford that with his development speed.

You know very well that L&P takes days off after every update, and you also know that he's disappearing quite often for whatever reason during the development. Everyone needs breaks, obviously, and I'm not trying to say that he can't take time off. I just hope that those breaks will be shorter than the usual 2 weeks from previous updates as releases are also smaller and more frequent is all.
An interesting addition is that the mantra used to be "I work 11 hour days on this'. Now he is working "5-6 hours a day on this". 50% reduction in stated effort. Now that may only mean that is the creating /rendering time. He then spends other time writing, researching items such as clothes, vehicles, venues, or just stuff to put in the art. However the huge stated effort drop off is possibly :a misstatement to his actual effort; a revelation of his efficiency improving; or an indication that burnout is accelerating.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
An interesting addition is that the mantra used to be "I work 11 hour days on this'. Now he is working "5-6 hours a day on this". 50% reduction in stated effort. Now that may only mean that is the creating /rendering time. He then spends other time writing, researching items such as clothes, vehicles, venues, or just stuff to put in the art. However the huge stated effort drop off is possibly :a misstatement to his actual effort; a revelation of his efficiency improving; or an indication that burnout is accelerating.
I put most of what he says down to Lost in translation

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes