armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I agree:happyblush I'm sure we will get it all .... but not soon.:(
I can wait.after all 3 years ago I started to play SU,now we finaly will get the first character with full content next month.Sadly it's not Wonder Woman:(

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
You're right that some of the first renders in the game aren't very well done! It's easy to explain. I started from zero and had to learn a lot and gain experience. At the time I was creating the first game day, I think I didn't even know 5% of what I know now! Nobody starts as a pro! Starting with game day 2 the renders are getting better and better!
And you and many others are misinterpreting the term "quality of a render". There are two things which define the quality of a render. 1) The sharpness of the image and noise level what is actually the easiest thing how to simulate a high quality render, if you have the money to afford a 10k-15k $ PC! All the very high supported devs are having so sharp renders because most of them are rendering in 4K (takes about 16x more time than rendering in 720p!) and then scaling down to 1080p. That gives the renders this sharp "high quality look"! And I think many are also often using "preset light sets", what makes all renders pretty bright but on the other hand reduces the noise to zero! I don't do that because I want to achieve a natural realistic light look by often meticulously adjusting the light by myself for every scene. 2) The level of detail. This includes everything else, like right hair position/movement; authentic flawless poses; authentic expressions; adjusted and edited clothes; clothes variety; some unique edited clothes; (adjusted) backgrounds everywhere, many of them elaborately manual designed and composed together; diverse background people cars, animals etc.; authentic lighting; a lot of unique manual created locations; a lot of added and manual adjusted unique props; special effects; unique sound effects; natural skin effects; authentic changing day time; changing clock time, natural body squeezes; undressed clothes on the ground, etc. etc. etc.! This is all to what I pay the highest attention to, next to paying attention to a very low noise rendering, what would be even easier if I'd render in 4K and then scaling down! And furthermore post-editing all renders in Photoshop. All that you can see from about day 2 on in particular. So I didn't lie with my intention of "developing my own ambitious, realistic, detail-oriented, quality-focused adult game"! It's exactly my focus!
And anyway I wanted to redo some of the worst renders of day 1! Some of them I already redid. Here are some examples:

Look, I am not a competitor who's trying to put down your game here. I am just a user who played many games and who's able to compare. I don't know anything about rendering and coding. But I think I have a couple of eyes to see and decide if something is good or not. I believe that you are trying hard to do a better work but I think you need to improve your skills more and more. As you said you started from zero. And believe me, judging by the quality you are delivering, you still have a long way to go. I'll show you some examples and not from the first release :

sophia3.jpg
Frankly, You think that's a good render?
can you see the disproportion between the head and the body? a very big head and a child body. how can you put such a horror in your game when you pretend you are meticulous and perfectionist?

sophia4.jpg
check this one please especially the ass. isn't an amateur work?

sophia5.jpg
Or that one. check the MC posture and the hip position. you think that's realistic? she looks like a disabled person.

sophia6.jpg sophia7.jpg sophia8.jpg sophia9.jpg
look at these terrific renders. very bad hair position, disproportionate body (the water effect doesn't do that), The MC looks more like a bad designed doll than like a human.

I am not saying here that your whole game is bad or all your renders are terrific. Actually AWAM is in the top 10 in my opinion. but i don't like when some people (especially the suspicious Farrah and Robin85) scream that it's the best ever and the renders are all amazing. such compliments will slow down your progress and learning.
If you really want to make an "ambitious, realistic, detail-oriented, quality-focused adult game" you still have a lot to learn especially from older games and more experienced devs. and as I said last time you can learn a thing or two about nice renders and very realistic characters from Anna exciting affection (sleepdeep).

farrah

Lesbian incest the best!
Donor
Aug 26, 2017
Look, I am not a competitor who's trying to put down your game here. I am just a user who played many games and who's able to compare. I don't know anything about rendering and coding. But I think I have a couple of eyes to see and decide if something is good or not. I believe that you are trying hard to do a better work but I think you need to improve your skills more and more. As you said you started from zero. And believe me, judging by the quality you are delivering, you still have a long way to go. I'll show you some examples and not from the first release :

View attachment 165534
can you see the disproportion between the head and the body? a very big head and a child body. how can you put such a horror in your game when you pretend you are meticulous and perfectionist?

View attachment 165538

View attachment 165540
Or that one. check the MC posture and the hip position. you think that's realistic? she looks like a disabled person.

View attachment 165545 View attachment 165546 View attachment 165548 View attachment 165550
look at these terrific renders. very bad hair position, disproportionate body (the water effect doesn't do that), The MC looks more like a bad designed doll than like a human.

I am not saying here that your whole game is bad or all your renders are terrific. Actually AWAM is in the top 10 in my opinion. but i don't like when some people (especially the suspicious Farrah and Robin85) scream that it's the best ever and the renders are all amazing. such compliments will slow down your progress and learning.
If you really want to make an "ambitious, realistic, detail-oriented, quality-focused adult game" you still have a lot to learn especially from older games and more experienced devs. and as I said last time you can learn a thing or two about nice renders and very realistic characters from Anna exciting affection (sleepdeep).
To make a screenshot, just press the "S" button in game XD

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
you still have a lot to learn especially from older games and more experienced devs. and as I said last time you can learn a thing or two about nice renders and very realistic characters from Anna exciting affection (sleepdeep).
Lust and Passion's renders are good enough. Don't make him take even more time trying to master someone else's aesthetic. His release schedule is shaky enough as it is.

Besides, Anna isn't all that much better, especially when you're nitpicking proportions in your examples, lol!

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018

View attachment 165534

View attachment 165538

View attachment 165540

View attachment 165545 View attachment 165546 View attachment 165548 View attachment 165550

First, constructive criticism is always a positive way to help someone grow. Not wanting to sound rude to you, I think you're being a bit unfair to his work, because his job, in my view, is better than many games I've played around. In my opinion, what really makes a good game is the fun it gives you, but of course a quality story accompanied by beautiful graphics and gameplay also make a difference. The question is: Can you make a better game than his? If you can, then do and show how to do it.

BakaMangaka

Oct 25, 2017
Heavy on text. Man this is so boring ¬¬
I mean, a good story is ok, but it's necessary so many boring dialogues?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
lame.
How you don't know about that?Didn't you read the help in every Ren'Py game?
I know pretty lame to go for one of the last introduced characters.And for Huntress and Black Canary we wait already 3 years.

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
This also works in other Renpy games. And "H" hide interface ;)
i know the H key:mad:.
how many male options sophia has in the game?Liam,dylan,sam,the male teacher,the university guys, the grandfathers:WutFace: the movers,the black janitor, the thugs, her class and maybe neil (sam and julia father) and the director.people complain about the lesbian content.

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
First, constructive criticism is always a positive way to help someone grow. Not wanting to sound rude to you, I think you're being a bit unfair to his work, because his job, in my view, is better than many games I've played around. In my opinion, what really makes a good game is the fun it gives you, but of course a quality story accompanied by beautiful graphics and gameplay also make a difference. The question is: Can you make a better game than his? If you can, then do and show how to do it.
so, if i'm not misunderstanding only better dev is allowed to give its opinion. in that case when you go to a restaurant and even if they give you shit to eat, you are not allowed to say a word since you are not a better chief? I wasn't unfair to the dev. I said that his game is among my favorite but if I see something wrong I have right to express my opinion. and all what I said about the renders was true. only a blind person cannot see it.

Lust and Passion's renders are good enough. Don't make him take even more time trying to master someone else's aesthetic. His release schedule is shaky enough as it is.

Besides, Anna isn't all that much better, especially when you're nitpicking proportions in your examples, lol!
His release schedule is and will be shaky anyway. regarding Anna, it's your opinion even if I don't share it. it's a matter of taste. I will not contradict you like people do here. Whenever someone criticizes AWAM there is a watchdog band that eats him raw :WutFace:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
i know the H key:mad:.
how many male options sophia has in the game?Liam,dylan,sam,the male teacher,the university guys, the grandfathers:WutFace: the movers,the black janitor, the thugs, her class and maybe neil (sam and julia father) and the director.people complain about the lesbian content.
Carl,Patricia's husband?

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
His release schedule is and will be shaky anyway. regarding Anna, it's your opinion even if I don't share it. it's a matter of taste. I will not contradict you like people do here. Whenever someone criticizes AWAM there is a watchdog band that eats him raw
If his release schedule is shaky anyway, then why add even more time-intensive processes to it? XD

I've criticized this dev several times, even if I do love the work. My only real problems with your critique is that you go through this list of particulars, then provide an example that doesn't really move the needle towards what you were pointing to. Criticizing the proportions of Sophia's ass and bust is all well and good (and I'll even slightly agree with it), but I'll stop listening to it when you point to Anna the Sex Doll Kardashian as an example, lol!

Reactions: AlienEDM and Zollar
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes