Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
He's bullshitting everyone that's what it is. If it's animations that is no reason for the development to stop at some point because he can just add them in a patch later when the supposed "special dev" is done doing the animations.

Unfortunately this dude will most likely get his game brought down by disgruntled patrons. I give it one more disappointing update before they pull the plug on him.
So which of the events do you think will be the disappointing one?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
And I hear his Patrons are already showing their support. L&P has achieved it, he's gotten big enough on Patreon that he has a dedicated fanbase that will support him no matter what. It doesn't matter if he's Dr. Pink Cakes or if he's Incestor, he will earn thousands of dollars every month regardless of output.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
And I hear his Patrons are already showing their support. L&P has achieved it, he's gotten big enough on Patreon that he has a dedicated fanbase that will support him no matter what. It doesn't matter if he's Dr. Pink Cakes or if he's Incestor, he will earn thousands of dollars every month regardless of output.
That's a minority.. From 1700 patrons only a few talk in there.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hmmmm is it a maskirova or is it real? I remember an old phrase 'Delay, obfuscate and confuse'. When the proof rolls out...which I hope it does then... YES... many of us will be happy. He may also develop a long term relationship with other devs and maybe they will become a group . This could result in... oh my... DLC's. And if they are actually focused this could become a really serious production group. OK, so I had my moment of exuberation now back to gloom. Waiting for the pudding!

Reactions: ancienregimele

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
Wait a second...so he is just now building a 2nd PC? He should've done that a couple years ago.

As far as "special" plan and "special" devs. I'm dismissing voice actors, those are way too expensive , especially considering the amount of text in the game.

So, my guess is he is adding animations.

Reasons

- "special" implies.. well special. Something he can't do himself.
- "special devs" could mean animator
- He bought a 2nd PC to render the animations the animator will make for him
- He specifically mentions things getting "hotter". To me, that implies sexual content. Animations = Sexual content.

Either that, or he finally found someone to help with the art. Same as above, but he'll just render the art the other person made for him instead of animations.
This is an astute conclusion you drew from the 'clues' L&P left in his message. It is true that many will be quite pleased to see the hotter scenes animated. However, the 'waiting fever' has pitched even more to the point of frustration, and what should be good news will continue to be received with reservation. My best hope for L&P is that the animations are of a caliber that some (alas, not all) will feel that they did not exercise their patience in vain.
Thank you for your observation, Jack.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
So, to summarise, there's now a delay of an unknown amount of time, in the opening phase of a new production schedule, meant to speed up the appearance of AWAM material. There's also the prospect of an unspecified benefit at the end of said delay, the substance of which can be speculated upon at leisure. It could be animations of a more sophisticated kind than have heretofore existed in the VN & this possibility is deduced from educated guesswork. There's information provided to the effect that the Dev has reached out for help but no details on what kind of assistance might be forthcoming from those who may respond positively, or who they could be. When AWAM does cease to appear I believe a career in politics could be L&P's next astute move. An ability to say so much with a positive spin, while achieving the opposite of what was meant to happen & at the same time divulge little concrete factual information is a skill in demand in the powerhouses of the world.

I referred in an earlier post to the concept of reorganisation & that it was something to be pondered in order to sustain the viability of AWAM. I neglected to mention that in all re-organisations of any entity, whether income/profit driven or not, in which I've played a part or simply been on the receiving end of, there was the ever-present imperative to maintain the standard levels of service & production while the upheaval was ongoing. That never varied.

I realise that many fans delight in animations but for myself, I don't need them & in short, I'll finish by saying that I've rarely been so under-whelmed by an announcement of 'good news'.

Last edited:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
- He specifically mentions things getting "hotter". To me, that implies sexual content. Animations = Sexual content.
The special thing could be more animations, yes. But he also said we could enjoy this special thing since the next update and we are very far for sex out of marriage. In that case, he is becoming more ambitious and is planning to do animations also in situations that don't involve sex necessarily and have camera movements and so on, like PhillyGames do for example:

Although, L&P already did an animation of Sophia running, then, this will not be something that special or new, really. What else it could be?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: sobstorydev_memes

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
So, to summarise, there's now a delay of an unknown amount of time, in the opening phase of a new production schedule, meant to speed up the appearance of AWAM material. There's also the prospect of an unspecified benefit at the end of said delay, the substance of which can be speculated upon at leisure. It could be animations of a more sophisticated kind than have heretofore existed in the VN & this possibility is deduced from educated guesswork. There's information provided to the effect that the Dev has reached out for help but no details on what kind of assistance might be forthcoming from those to who may respond positively, or who they could be. When AWAM does cease to appear I believe a career in politics could be L&P's next astute move. An ability to say so much with a positive spin, while achieving the opposite of what was meant to happen & at the same time divulge little concrete factual information is a skill in demand in the powerhouses of the world.

I referred in an earlier post to the concept of reorganisation & that it was something to be pondered in order to sustain the viability of AWAM. I neglected to mention that in all re-organisations of any entity, whether income/profit driven or not, in which I've played a part or simply been on the receiving end of, there was the ever-present imperative to maintain the standard levels of service & production while the upheaval was ongoing. That never varied.

I realise that many fans delight in animations but for myself, I don't need them & in short, I'll finish by saying that I've rarely been so under-whelmed by an announcement of 'good news'.
You've nailed it. If I were to summarize this announcement in GIF form it would be:

It's Nothing.gif

There is nothing of substance that is positive in this announcement. It is my belief that he didn't say anything because he doesn't have anything to say. The only thing of substance that he had to say was that there would be a delay on the next update, and then he masked it with vague bullshit.

Fine, few of us here support him on Patreon any longer, so maybe we don't deserve an answer. But why on Earth wouldn't you throw your Patrons a bone and give them something specific? If it's animations, great, tell them. It isn't like he'd be the first to do animations, so I don't see why you'd keep it a secret. If you're partnering with someone; great, tell them. Most of his patrons would be pleased to hear he was building a team. If this second computer will (somehow) make development easier and faster; great, tell them.

But he said nothing.

He's letting everyone twist in the wind and fill in the gaps for him. He keeps everything vague so that he can't be held accountable. This behavior is unethical and shady. I'm not upset about the delay. Who cares? I don't think any of us held out any real hope that the next update would arrive quickly. What I'm upset about is the utter arrogance and unethical behavior to not tell your patrons why you're delaying the next release. These are people who support you through thick and thin, and you couldn't be bothered to give them any specifics?

The ONLY conclusion I can take away from this is that he has nothing. For one reason or another development of the next update is going slow and he's throwing out another excuse. Maybe there is a second computer, and maybe he's trying to build it with nano machines and alien tech, but he had an obligation to his patrons to tell them his plan; and he couldn't do it. He danced around the topic, said nothing, couched it all as a positive, and then slunk back into the darkness.

I don't believe he has a viable reason for needing this second computer. I don't believe there was any reason to divert resources away from the game at this time. I don't believe that this is the type of announcement that should be cloaked in secrecy in order to maintain a surprise. In short, I don't believe he's acting in good faith.

Best case scenario, he's working on something big, know what he should have done? He should have said nothing for now. He should have waited until he had all the details lined up and then come out and made an announcement. Instead, he made an announcement today for nothing. In the short term it only sews confusion and raises questions, and in the long-term if it doesn't work out it will expose him to criticisms that he wasted time on a failed effort.

But I don't believe in that best case scenario. Instead, I believe he's pursuing another vanity project that will make him happy and do nothing to improvement development time or the quality of the game. I'll even put some skin in the game. I'll bet a profile pic declaring my eternal undying love for L&P if he announces something worth a damn by January 2nd. I'll eat my words and even join his Patreon at the base level for one month. But that announcement has to come with some sort of tangible result- some sort of deliverable product that proves his efforts are working. I can be patient, but it can't be something like "Hey everyone, it's January 2nd, my new computer is going to use advanced AI to create art. It should be ready to run by the end of the year! I guess GingerSweetGirl has to change her profile pic!"

I'm sorry for my rant, I'm just super frustrated with what I see as poor behavior from a developer towards his patrons. I only ran a small patreon page for a short while, and I would never have dreamed of jerking my patrons around like this.

3.20 star(s) 462 Votes