Jul 28, 2017
Hi Guys, it's L&P here, just went out out and bought a new computer so now I have 2. the process of doing this means that because when I do anything at all I need to take 2 weeks off...well... there'll be a delay in the next update.

The good news however is something very exciting is going to happen.

instead of 1 splash screen that took me 4 days to do...... there'll be 2.

Got some help though so things looking up. Stoper has agreed to help, even though it takes him longer to complete his work than it takes me.

Together, we're gonna crank out the work.

mad_hungarian

Apr 17, 2021
I get it, it's a cozy place for letting the steam off, arguing over pointless and bland topics (outfits - who gives a damn; fictional characters behavior - speechless; L&P - bad, I'm a freaking genius who knows what's up). Some of you got so intoxicated with the forum in general, spending countless time in here that it's kinda pathetic. But, hey, anyone's wanking how he/she seems fit, ain't judging.
Couldn't have said it better!
Some of you guys and gals need help in here.
I jabbed at a guy in the Fan Art room about his render, now the poor bastage needs an appointment at behavioral health.
For Christ sake people, lighten up. When L&P finishes, he'll publish.

Last edited:

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
As always, this is great! But how are you calculating 21 days for Festival of Bullshit?
Calculate?!! Ha! You’re giving me far too much credit. It’s about as precise as L&P’s message about the cause for delay.

If it turns out to be less I can reduce the number from 21 and future projections will adjust accordingly.

bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
Hi Guys, it's L&P here, just went out out and bought a new computer so now I have 2. the process of doing this means that because when I do anything at all I need to take 2 weeks off...well... there'll be a delay in the next update.

Got some help though so things looking up. Stoper has agreed to help, even though it takes him longer to complete his work than it takes me.

hahaha

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Calculate?!! Ha! You’re giving me far too much credit. It’s about as precise as L&P’s message about the cause for delay.

If it turns out to be less I can reduce the number from 21 and future projections will adjust accordingly.
At least you're honest about playing around with the numbers.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019

You bad, really really bad.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I've always included a mention of the paying patrons whenever I've criticised L&P. They're the only people who the Dev has to feel obliged to please now & again. I've also praised the Dev when the work was excellent or good. He does read this thread, as has been shown in the past. There have even been rare responses. He may take nothing from it, except contempt for pirates but who knows?

I find myself constantly questioning why I'm on this thread every night, or every other night but the simple answer is I like AWAM. It's not cozy as you assert, nor fucking boring as you also state. Who gives a damn about such "bland" topics as costumes, behaviour etc., with regard to fictional characters.....I do. As do many others immersed in the stuff. That's a tribute to the Dev. That's the same Dev we don't want to see burn out. It's part of what being a fan is all about.

Whether you consider all this pathetic is not really the point. You've got your view & you're entitled to it. I'm entitled to take an opposite view, whether I'm a patron or not. That you don't wish to win friends & influence people here is OK but you've already got some folks agreeing with you. What power there is in the pen/keyboard. As for everybody wanking how they see fit, I can only speak for myself but there's nothing to wank about so far in this VN & as far as I can tell there won't be for a very long time, if ever.

TBH I expected a far bigger reaction than there's been to L&P's announcement but then again it wasn't really meant for us freaking genius types, was it?
If this isn't a big reaction, I can only imagine how far the people here will go. No one here knows nothing about what he is exactly doing But they have already decided that he is lying, this thing is not beneficial in any way to the game, he doesn't even need a second pc, the dev he is talking about is a hoax.

Everything has already been assumed here without any basis and is now being treated as facts on the forum. The development will stop at a stage he decided to inform beforehand about the reason and he is the bad guy for doing that, if he didn't there would accusations. He found someone to work with him, he is a liar because how can he find someone if he has not found anyone till now, if he doesn't find someone he is liar because how can you not find someone. No matter what he chooses to do. There is always an outrage which is absolutely unnecessary.

He didn't explain in detail it can be frustrating but think from his perspective, he lays down his entire plan infront of you in detail only for it to turn out that the arrangement didn't go as planned. Wouldn't that be more frustrating to hear.

People complain why he doesn't interact here. People should go and look back the last 5-10 pages and there will a clear answer as to why he doesn't. No one wants to wake up every morning reading absolute shit from people who are speaking completely based of their headcanon, with zero patience to even wait and see what is the matter about

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I've always included a mention of the paying patrons whenever I've criticised L&P. They're the only people who the Dev has to feel obliged to please now & again. I've also praised the Dev when the work was excellent or good. He does read this thread, as has been shown in the past. There have even been rare responses. He may take nothing from it, except contempt for pirates but who knows?

I find myself constantly questioning why I'm on this thread every night, or every other night but the simple answer is I like AWAM. It's not cozy as you assert, nor fucking boring as you also state. Who gives a damn about such "bland" topics as costumes, behaviour etc., with regard to fictional characters.....I do. As do many others immersed in the stuff. That's a tribute to the Dev. That's the same Dev we don't want to see burn out. It's part of what being a fan is all about.

Whether you consider all this pathetic is not really the point. You've got your view & you're entitled to it. I'm entitled to take an opposite view, whether I'm a patron or not. That you don't wish to win friends & influence people here is OK but you've already got some folks agreeing with you. What power there is in the pen/keyboard. As for everybody wanking how they see fit, I can only speak for myself but there's nothing to wank about so far in this VN & as far as I can tell there won't be for a very long time, if ever.

TBH I expected a far bigger reaction than there's been to L&P's announcement but then again it wasn't really meant for us freaking genius types, was it?
In terms of why I keep coming back despite not finding the 80% of the game to be a complete bore, is that for me, the 20% that I do play is still some of the best gameplay I've found on the forum. It might only be a dozen or so scenes, but when L&P does something well, he does it really well.

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
He's gambling big time here. Its a matter of time before this bull shit stops moving. Most of his patreons already know about past false promises. If falls to deliver this time. This game will die a slow death. See my earlier posts regarding the game being abandoned. I believe he is smarter than this, but we will see.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
-Waiter, please give me this, this and this dish and this drink. And quickly!
-Damn it, where is the damn waiter, why is it taking so long?
-Call the manager to me!
-What, he's not here? Hand me the complaint book!

This forum reminds me of the complaint book of a restaurant in which the head, chef, bartender, waiter and cleaner are represented by one person! And despite the fact that visitors know this perfectly well and understand the reason that they have to wait for their dish for a long time, they come back again and again and again, make an entry in the complaint book.

humanno21

Dec 4, 2019
I see this more frequent releases maneuver and searching of new dev as just one way for him to steal month or two yearly of general development progress...
He needs to cut down on story paths and characters, and cut down on useless renders, and that is only way to speed up development.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
-Call the manager to me!

This forum reminds me of the complaint book of a restaurant in which the head, chef, bartender, waiter and cleaner are represented by one person! And despite the fact that visitors know this perfectly well and understand the reason that they have to wait for their dish for a long time, they come back again and again and again, make an entry in the complaint book.
You know, I have a very similar example that I have had for a very long time for the behaviour of these trolls. :ROFLMAO:

When you started talking about a restaurant I thought "GONE, Somebody said it before me" but mine is a bit different though capturing the same message as yours. Hell, I'll just say it now. Maybe keep reusing it in future.

So it goes like "They go to a restaurant and order food, they don't like it and think it was really bad, they create a ruckus, make their complaint be known and then leave only to come back next day insult the restaurant again then shamelessly order food there itself, eat it, get the same taste, complain about it and the cycle goes on for them.

Now the question is How many times will they do this until they realize that they are lunatics, because the world surely realised it the third time they went to same place only to complain about the same thing once again.

How stuck up or miserable does one have to be to regularly come here just to insult someone or complain about something when there is a sea of alternatives.

PS - Ofcourse this isn't meant for people who use their head, give rational criticisms, and don't keep saying the same thing again and again and again and aren't here to just mock and ridicule. If this message triggers anyone here then you most definitely know who I am talking about. :p

Last edited:

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
First and foremost, wanna thank Old_Dog for the post that tilted boring as F typical senseless discussion of this thread.

Being salty myself and somewhat slightly vexed by constantly increasing production time, I'm totally not amused seeing exactly the same individuals pouring their angst, frustration, gall on our beloved L&P. Over and over again using templates of never ending howls, repeating like a mantra stale and bore to death banalities.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Alas, AWAM gonna be completed a decade and a half from now at best at the current pace. Nothing new here. Unless his winking pays off and he gains momentum. No idea what he's hinting at and sincerely couldn't care less, I leave charades for dwellers of this thread.

Preaching to the dev hoping not only to be heard but taken seriously at the place like this, that's a self-delusion of a gargantuan proportions. Assuming what and how he supposed to do coming out from amateurs is particularly enthralling. That dude knows his inner demons better than the whole community of AWAM combined. Is he capable of turning the tables? It depends on his definition of time saving.

Last but not least. Patreon at the forefront, paying audience is the key, not 10-15 bums from here stuck with monotonous clichés like a broken record. "Oh, next year is pivotal. Uh, he's as fast as a snail. Ah, he's lyyyyiiiing!" Maybe it's time to finally unfollow this thread instead of greeting the desk with your own face on a regular basis.
I get it, it's a cozy place for letting the steam off, arguing over pointless and bland topics (outfits - who gives a damn; fictional characters behavior - speechless; L&P - bad, I'm a freaking genius who knows what's up). Some of you got so intoxicated with the forum in general, spending countless time in here that it's kinda pathetic. But, hey, anyone's wanking how he/she seems fit, ain't judging.

Final nail. When, and it's an enormous "when", he manages to reveal his secret sauce and if, and it's even a bigger "if" than "when" it all works like a charm, which sounds like a wet dream atm, I'll roast skeptics relentlessly.
Now what can I say, I think "TED talks" would have been a better place for your comment. Your attitude against procastrination is impactful. Are you part of a cult, a church that fights against it? :unsure:
I must warn you that the audience's attention span has noticeably decreased lately, as a result your comment is too long ;)

One senses in your comment a desire to fight, even nervousness, I think because nobody listens to your advice :mad:. At this point you must be wrong, more diplomacy would be desirable.
Some examples would be desirable: how you fight against procastrination, how you discipline your body and mind, what you do when your mind is invaded by erotic thoughts, when your body screams: need a fuck as ... :eek: :ROFLMAO: When that happens, what do you do? Do you punish your pecker?:oops::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
-Call the manager to me!

To be fair, I think it takes some time to appreciate the work L&P puts into the game. And I don't think anyone underappreciates that. Where I believe many of us differ is the amount of possibly wasted effort. That L&P puts into say a Dylan event when he's not going to fuck Sophia.

And let's be honest, many of the fans here are only here to see the son fuck everything with a vag. Sophia/Ellie/Patricia etc.

Reactions: Bane71

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
To be fair, I think it takes some time to appreciate the work L&P puts into the game. And I don't think anyone underappreciates that. Where I believe many of us differ is the amount of possibly wasted effort. That L&P puts into say a Dylan event when he's not going to fuck Sophia.

And let's be honest, many of the fans here are only here to see the son fuck everything with a vag. Sophia/Ellie/Patricia etc.
It seems to me that it's not what people expect from the game and what kind of fetish they are interested in, but the fact that they lack basic patience!
Rudeness and accusations against L&P are caused precisely by a lack of patience, I think so.

As for the content of interest in the game, naturally everyone has their own preferences. For example, unlike you, who are interested in 20% of the content, I am interested in almost every storyline. I just don't want to see Sofia having sex with Bennett, Carl and the school janitor.
Bennett is initially an unpleasant character, but why I don't want to see her with Karl and the janitor, I can't explain, just some negative emotions.

In any case, I'm probably interested in 90% or more of the plot of the game. That's why it's easier for me than for you.

3.20 star(s) 462 Votes