jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
So. Trying to take his vague posts and make some sense of it.

- The "Special" things also involves this update.
- We'll get more info after the update.

So...how is that possible? If he added animations, we don't need "new info" . We can figure out that in the update itself. What else could involve this update, yet still need new info afterwards?

So, my new guess. If he isn't doing animations. Is he is going to start a side-story that'll be separate from the main game. Maybe those DLC's that are supposed to happen eventually.

Honestly, not much else is worth hyping and being so vague as to build some suspense. Animations? Ehh. Help with the renders? Ehhh. Voice acting? I suppose, but again way to expensive. He doesn't need a 2nd PC for this either. Side-story DLC? Sure.

Regardless, I can't see this not being a let down. Personally, anything that doesn't involve quicker updates/progression isn't worth it. If anything, this "special" thing will cause it to slow down more. This is the reason why people are frustrated. They like the game, but nobody in their right mind thinks we can go at 1 day per year and finish the game.

To continue the restaurant analogies. Imagine ordering a meal, and you only get one spoonful at a time and have to wait an hour between bites. Is it tasty? Sure...but it's pretty damn frustrating too. You either want more bites, or shorter waiting times. Or both.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'm glad to see some patrons speaking up. I don't think this update will slip to March, but I could see February.

I don't understand his strategy with this announcement. Now he's getting some pushback which should have been entirely predictable. If he wasn't prepared to announce anything he should have just kept quiet until he was ready. This isn't something that you tease, because vague statements don't build hype, they build frustration. I can't help but feel that this whole episode was an unforced error with no real upside but lots of downside. He could have the greatest idea ever in mind, but he should have simply waited until it was ready.

From a marketing perspective it's very dangerous to tell your clients to "trust". If you tell them to trust you and something goes wrong, you have directly put your reputation on the line. It may sound like semantics, but you're better off qualifying the statement. Instead of saying "trust me", say "I believe it'll be worth the wait" or "This new hardware is going to help me create the best version of the game possible." There's a million things you could say, but once you tell your consumer to trust you the pressure is on.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
So. Trying to take his vague posts and make some sense of it.

- The "Special" things also involves this update.
- We'll get more info after the update.

So...how is that possible? If he added animations, we don't need "new info" . We can figure out that in the update itself. What else could involve this update, yet still need new info afterwards?

So, my new guess. If he isn't doing animations. Is he is going to start a side-story that'll be separate from the main game. Maybe those DLC's that are supposed to happen eventually.

Honestly, not much else is worth hyping and being so vague as to build some suspense. Animations? Ehh. Help with the renders? Ehhh. Voice acting? I suppose, but again way to expensive. He doesn't need a 2nd PC for this either. Side-story DLC? Sure.

Regardless, I can't see this not being a let down. Personally, anything that doesn't involve quicker updates/progression isn't worth it. If anything, this "special" thing will cause it to slow down more. This is the reason why people are frustrated. They like the game, but nobody in their right mind thinks we can go at 1 day per year and finish the game.

To continue the restaurant analogies. Imagine ordering a meal, and you only get one spoonful at a time and have to wait an hour between bites. Is it tasty? Sure...but it's pretty damn frustrating too. You either want more bites, or shorter waiting times. Or both.
Now that's an interesting idea, maybe it's the DLC or a sidestory. I'm not sure if a second computer would be necessary for that, but i would definitely be a huge announcement.

I'm just not sure how that would work practically. If it's DLC, that would just complicate things since the game is still under development. It wouldn't so much be DLC as it would just additional material. It could also be confusion since continuity could get weird. I don't know, I'd have to hear more.

A side story would be catastrophic for the future of AWAM. We don't need any more distractions from the main game. Side stories would completely undermine the switch to event-based releases. There would be competing content. If anything I would see this as L&P testing the waters for moving on to a new project if/when he loses interest in AWAM.

I still think it's something directly related to development.

Jul 1, 2019
Let's see if he meets his deadline. End of January. Good to see patrons speaking up.

..dont matter until he gets help its always gonna be a slow progress....

...our only hope is if someone with skills ask LP to assist him...LP is very unlikely to get help anytime soon ..

..maybe just maybe our true savior is in this thread ...he did say wanted someone decent ...

Charlie78

Jan 18, 2018
Hi!

Can anyone send me a save-file where Sophia is with Dylan in the Dressroom at the Beach, please?
I have my Win reinstalled (while Virus) and that was my last stand of the game.

Thanks for help!!!

Last edited:

Saip12c

Jul 24, 2019
I'll try to help you understand:

• The "restaurateur" opened his restaurant 4 years ago
  • In those 4 years the food has been getting out of the kitchen visibly slower as time goes by
  • Every week he tells the clients he will get help
  • He even threw an event in the restaurant saying that if the event got full, he would hire help
  • Even though the event was packed full, he failed on his promises and didn't get any help
  • Food keeps getting slower, plates look pretty but food tastes bland sometimes
  • He constantly contradicts himself, lies about troubles in the kitchen and when he says that the food will be out in 30min, it usually means it's coming out in 50 minutes.
  • Clients tell him to get a waitress and a hostess just to help him out outside the kitchen, so that way he doesn't have to share any secret recipes
  • The menus are full of typos, rushed and sometimes translated wrong
  • Now after 4 years where he said he couldn't find any chef of his level, he suddendly finds a "special chef" and he's building a second kitchen for that same chef. To his clients/investors he gives no details whatsoever of who this chef his, what his specialties are and why does he need a second kitchen. And after 4 years of leading them along he just expects them to trust him, when all his past action tells the clients to do otherwise.
Good one mate!

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Now that's an interesting idea, maybe it's the DLC or a sidestory. I'm not sure if a second computer would be necessary for that, but i would definitely be a huge announcement.

I'm just not sure how that would work practically. If it's DLC, that would just complicate things since the game is still under development. It wouldn't so much be DLC as it would just additional material. It could also be confusion since continuity could get weird. I don't know, I'd have to hear more.

A side story would be catastrophic for the future of AWAM. We don't need any more distractions from the main game. Side stories would completely undermine the switch to event-based releases. There would be competing content. If anything I would see this as L&P testing the waters for moving on to a new project if/when he loses interest in AWAM.

There are already routes in the game relegated to future DLC content. I wouldn't be shocked if he wants to relegate some other of the minor routes to DLC or create non-canon alternative content. His "special developer" person could work on that stuff as he works on the main game. Although he'd have to give up control, which he doesn't like doing, so in the end I still think animations are the most likely thing to be done. It's so far the only thing that could plausibly check all the boxes I can think of.

Those boxes being.

- "special thing". This is pretty vague and can mean almost anything.
- He got a 2nd PC. Obviously this is to render something.
- He has a "special developer" person of some sort. This can only reasonably be a renderer or animator.
- Something to do with the next update.

Perhaps it could be a writer too, but I don't know what a writer has to do with getting a 2nd PC. Unless a "special" thing and a "special" dev are actually unrelated and he's just trying to mess with us. Which is definitely possible.

So, what special things would warrant a 2nd PC and a special developer?

- He hired an animator / art helper who will create scenes that L&P will render on a 2nd PC.
- He hired a writer. Unrelated to the 2nd PC that L&P will use to render with in addition to his current PC.
- He is doing some kind of side-project/DLC type thing.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020

• In those 4 years the food has been getting out of the kitchen visibly slower as time goes by
  • He even threw an event in the restaurant saying that if the event got full, he would hire help
  • Even though the event was packed full, he failed on his promises and didn't get any help
  • He constantly contradicts himself, lies about troubles in the kitchen and when he says that the food will be out in 30min, it usually means it's coming out in 50 minutes.
  • Clients tell him to get a waitress and a hostess just to help him out outside the kitchen, so that way he doesn't have to share any secret recipes
  • Now after 4 years where he said he couldn't find any chef of his level, he suddendly finds a "special chef" and he's building a second kitchen for that same chef. To his clients/investors he gives no details whatsoever of who this chef his, what his specialties are and why does he need a second kitchen. And after 4 years of leading them along he just expects them to trust him, when all his past action tells the clients to do otherwise.
The fact is that you haven't explained anything to me! I can double or even triple your list of complaints about L&P's work.
It is quite natural that, working in this way, he deserves criticism, criticism, and not accusations and insults!

Every time I have entered into a discussion with you, I want to convey to you only simple human truths. The presence of a large list of reasonable claims to the work of L& P is not an indulgence for anyone, an excuse for those insults and accusations that are expressed.
If you were his comrade and were a real witness of his direct deception of his subscribers, fans and pirates, and at the same time revealed to the public the false essence of L&P, then such an act would deserve only respect!

Otherwise, since you are not a witness, you need to remember what the road to Hell is paved with! Remember?
Good intentions!

Therefore, without a doubt, everyone has the right to their opinion, but it must be remembered that opinion is not the truth in the highest instance! That's what I'm constantly trying to explain to you.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
You see, my friend, I only said what I said, nothing more!
There are wonderful words, do not look for a black cat in a dark room when it is not there!

You have attributed to me your messages, which I allegedly meant from messages alien to me, and you give me, quite naturally, the wrong assessment!

Returning to the allegory mentioned above, I will try to clarify.
I'm talking about the fact that the restaurateur is busy, he has a lot to do and a grateful audience. It is quite understandable and acceptable at the same time that he is somewhat worried about constant complaints and he plans to take actions to reduce the number of complaints. But not to the detriment of the work he does. After all, in order to satisfy complaints, he needs additional staff.
So my opinion is that regardless of whether we are satisfied with the work of L&P or not, we, as normal adults, should understand that a restaurateur may be concerned about the qualifications of new personnel and the safety of the secrets of his recipe! For example, his wrong choice of personnel to work for him may not lead to a decrease in the number of complaints, but to a complete catastrophe for his business and for him personally!

I am extremely surprised by the fact that many do not understand this and do not want to understand it.
Bane71 maybe you are just not understanding that many of us do not agree with your analogy. It may be good in your mind but, to some of us out here in the boonies, it is wrong. And don't go trying to explain why I do not want to understand it. Your analogy was an attempt but, IMO a poor one. There are way too many food trucks roaming about that are single person operations until they start running more trucks. Those entrepreneurs sure seem to listen to their patrons. Oh, and they get the food out fast. Just sayin'!

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I'm glad to see some patrons speaking up. I don't think this update will slip to March, but I could see February.

I don't understand his strategy with this announcement. Now he's getting some pushback which should have been entirely predictable. If he wasn't prepared to announce anything he should have just kept quiet until he was ready. This isn't something that you tease, because vague statements don't build hype, they build frustration. I can't help but feel that this whole episode was an unforced error with no real upside but lots of downside. He could have the greatest idea ever in mind, but he should have simply waited until it was ready.

From a marketing perspective it's very dangerous to tell your clients to "trust". If you tell them to trust you and something goes wrong, you have directly put your reputation on the line. It may sound like semantics, but you're better off qualifying the statement. Instead of saying "trust me", say "I believe it'll be worth the wait" or "This new hardware is going to help me create the best version of the game possible." There's a million things you could say, but once you tell your consumer to trust you the pressure is on.
Well first there must be trust and, at least in this forum (an considering the number of patrons that have bolted over time - there also), there is a lack of trust. It is probably the most critical failing he has.

Dang! Did that kid scream wolf again!

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021

If it were a DLC then the main game production rate will fall into the crapper. However, if he is handing DLC over to his assistant then that could prove interesting. Though, as you said, continuity will become a problem. I just keep having that Han Solo moment...

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Well L&P confirms it , at least 2 months+ just for the morning update , playable day 13 is 10 updates so it would be about 20 months + per playable day if there are no setbacks or problems , enjoy these pleasant moments because if this continues in this way, playable day 13 will be the last update of AWAM.
Unfortunately that is on the horizon isn't it!

Reactions: Lederzar

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Bane71 maybe you are just not understanding that many of us do not agree with your analogy. It may be good in your mind but, to some of us out here in the boonies, it is wrong. And don't go trying to explain why I do not want to understand it. Your analogy was an attempt but, IMO a poor one. There are way too many food trucks roaming about that are single person operations until they start running more trucks. Those entrepreneurs sure seem to listen to their patrons. Oh, and they get the food out fast. Just sayin'!
In this case, I don't understand this logic of critics!

I'll note that I'm not telling anyone to leave, but I absolutely don't understand why come back here if you don't like and persistently demand that L&P follow your instructions on how to conduct its business? After all, there are others who are supposedly better!

Look at KillJoys, he didn't like it and he stopped being a patron, he expresses criticism, but I didn't see him accusing or insulting L&P. Here, in my opinion, is an example to follow.

In any case, my friend, I don't want this discussion to continue. Have a nice day.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019

Haha, you obviously never worked in hospitality. First the unhappy customers leave, slowly, and you end up with an empty restaurant.
I'm telling you from my own experience in weddings, christenings and crazy weekends. There was nowhere else to put the dirty dishes.
Ask me, a professional, first or look for another comparison :WeSmart: :ROFLMAO:

We're talking about "captive customers" here, and a good example is what's happening with DAZ and the developers who use it. Many complain about video card problems, frequent crashes but ....

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
1572831_Capture.png
1574956_Capture.png 1576332_LP_answer_02.png

All the unimportant details aside, can anyone make any sense out of this hot mess?

In his first statement, L&P said that we'll be seeing results IN the next update and he'll keep us informed, providing answers once he reaches a certain point in the update's development (whatever that's supposed to mean). This also apparently involves multiple other developers as it appears to be a task made for "them", yet this statement makes it sound like he himself is working on "something special".

In his second statement, everything previously mentioned is pretty much over board and we're basically left with a simple "more information AFTER the next update", which already is contradicting with his first statement, and it looks like we're not even getting a taste for this "special" something in the upcoming release, unlike what he had previously said.

In his third statement, things become even more confusing. It apparently impacts the upcoming release, but we'll only be getting information about it AFTER the update??? So from my point of view, all we currently have is L&P's word that it's gonna be well worth it, and a bunch of contradictions that make absolutely no sense if you ask me.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes