Charlie78

Jan 18, 2018
Hi!

Can anyone send me a save-file where Sophia is with Dylan in the Dressroom at the Beach, please?
I have my Win reinstalled (while Virus) and that was my last stand of the game.

Thanks for help!!!

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
View attachment 1554066
View attachment 1554068 View attachment 1554073

All the unimportant details aside, can anyone make any sense out of this hot mess?

In his first statement, L&P said that we'll be seeing results IN the next update, and he'll keep us informed once he reaches that point (whatever that's supposed to mean). This also apparently involves multiple other developers as it appears to be a task made for "them", yet this statement makes it sound like he himself is working on "something special".

In his second statement, everything previously mentioned is pretty much over board and we're basically left with a simple "more information AFTER the next update", which already is contradicting with his first statement, and it looks like we're not even getting a taste for this "special" something in the upcoming release, unlike what he previously said.

In his third statement, things become even more confusing. It apparently impacts the upcoming release, but we'll only be getting information about it AFTER the update??? So from my point of view, all we currently have is L&P's word that it's gonna be well worth it, and a bunch of contradictions that make absolutely no sense if you ask me.
email L&P directly he himself said to do it if you have doubts

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
There are already routes in the game relegated to future DLC content. I wouldn't be shocked if he wants to relegate some other of the minor routes to DLC or create non-canon alternative content. His "special developer" person could work on that stuff as he works on the main game. Although he'd have to give up control, which he doesn't like doing, so in the end I still think animations are the most likely thing to be done. It's so far the only thing that could plausibly check all the boxes I can think of.

Those boxes being.

- "special thing". This is pretty vague and can mean almost anything.
- He got a 2nd PC. Obviously this is to render something.
- He has a "special developer" person of some sort. This can only reasonably be a renderer or animator.
- Something to do with the next update.

Perhaps it could be a writer too, but I don't know what a writer has to do with getting a 2nd PC. Unless a "special" thing and a "special" dev are actually unrelated and he's just trying to mess with us. Which is definitely possible.

So, what special things would warrant a 2nd PC and a special developer?

- He hired an animator / art helper who will create scenes that L&P will render on a 2nd PC.
- He hired a writer. Unrelated to the 2nd PC that L&P will use to render with in addition to his current PC.
- He is doing some kind of side-project/DLC type thing.
All the hypothesis you make seem plausible to me, I'd add that maybe he might have found a writer with animation/modelling skills too that will help on that too (to explain the PC).
The other part that also need some work is the update system, it can require some programming work to deal with connections, checksum and so on to have a smooth updating system (provided that there are not already off-the-shelf solutions). Not something so exciting to justify the waiting but it is nevertheless a part that needs to be done. But for sure nobody needs a rig like that to do this task.

In the case he hired someone (whatever the job is), buying a new PC is another "strange" choice: is she/he working physically together with him? That would mean he found someone in his city or not so far from his place that can easily commute, I don't think that someone will move from another region/country/continent for this kind of project. Minor detail, but let's not to forget this little covid problem with possible new lockdown/restrictions ahead that may prevent displacements.
Or maybe he is assembling the pc to be an exact replica of his and then ship it to her/him?

We know that he is obsessively secretive about his assets, the story and the way he works. Having someone physically working with him might reassure him, even if that does not prevent possible leaks etc.
The other (crazy) possibility is that he will force the new hire to work remotely on his new machine, so that everything stays under his control in terms of security. Needless to say, it won't be the case, because files can be "extracted" anyway and he will be more distracted controlling what's happening than working on his part of the project. And, no matter how good the internet connection is, it would be a nightmare for the other dev working like that.

He can use the second rig for the other dev to render his work remotely, because e.g. the other dev has no enough computing power in his hands. It can be the case, as the fan art thread shows, many good artists with great skills but limited by their available resources. That requires him to trust her/him with the assets, though.

Finally, I don't think that having two PCs for himself will improve anything in his workflow, this has been discussed ad nauseam in this forum.

Last edited:

Dunav

Apr 12, 2019
ohhh boy I can smell how he realize that his last update was so bad that he may be lose the attention over him. That what he said is to keep you attention on promises. He wont release the update on the end of January, he will release it may be at the begging of the summer! Mark my words and the special surprise is that he connected with other dev to involve their characters in his game HAHAHHA

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Building another beast with two 3090s means animation or a dev to help him. Only these two options make sense. Animation without someone to help means even longer delays in updates.
On the other hand he's waiting for answers from a few devs, so he hasn't found one, which reinforces the idea that he found a programmer for animation.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Building another beast with two 3090s means animation or a dev to help him. Only these two options make sense. Animation without someone to help means even longer delays in updates.
On the other hand he's waiting for answers from a few devs, so he hasn't found one, which reinforces the idea that he found a programmer for animation.
yes, his animations suck, but he shouldn't delay the development process for that, in the meantime I think he can continue developing the game and insert the animations when he has, if ever, ready.
here instead it seems that everything is slowing down because of this.
and in any case it was not a problem if he had been transparent and sincere from the beginning: guys I'm implementing the animations, have patience.
instead it seems that he wanted to keep everything hidden only to disguise the long wait.
My opinion

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
View attachment 1554066

All the unimportant details aside, can anyone make any sense out of this hot mess?

In his first statement, L&P said that we'll be seeing results IN the next update and he'll keep us informed, providing answers once he reaches a certain point in the current update's development (whatever that's supposed to mean). This also apparently involves multiple other developers as it appears to be a task made for "them", yet this statement makes it sound like he himself is working on "something special".

In his second statement, everything previously mentioned is pretty much over board and we're basically left with a simple "more information AFTER the next update", which already is contradicting with his first statement, and it looks like we're not even getting a taste for this "special" something in the upcoming release, unlike what he had previously said.

In his third statement, things become even more confusing. It apparently impacts the upcoming release, but we'll only be getting information about it AFTER the update??? So from my point of view, all we currently have is L&P's word that it's gonna be well worth it, and a bunch of contradictions that make absolutely no sense if you ask me.
I read it like this: He wants to publish the next update towards the end of January 2022. I didn't expect an earlier appointment anyway. If he announces this date then he will deliver around this time - unless aliens land on earth then it will be delayed by a week. He decided too quickly to announce a new feature for the game and is now not sure whether he can integrate it into this update. He asks for patience. It says nothing more - not even about the aliens.

Reactions: roro

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
I mean, what you say makes sense, but it's not what L&P said. He is working on it, and the results apparently can already be seen on this current update, according to him. There's not a single word of him saying that he's unsure about anything. I'm failing to see the logic behind his statements, and all the contradictions certainly don't help. It's a back and forth, and all within what - 24 hours?
I understand you, I also see the contradictions, but I wanted to calm the discussion down a bit with my words. Hence the strong opinion / speculation on the planned release date.

Reactions: palmtrees89

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I understand you, I also see the contradictions, but I wanted to calm the discussion down a bit with my words. Hence the strong opinion / speculation on the planned release date.
I appreciate it, and I'm not trying to cause a drama. I'm just genuinely confused. :LOL:

Reactions: hzjujk

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Haha, you obviously never worked in hospitality. First the unhappy customers leave, slowly, and you end up with an empty restaurant.
I'm telling you from my own experience in weddings, christenings and crazy weekends. There was nowhere else to put the dirty dishes.
Ask me, a professional, first or look for another comparison :WeSmart: :ROFLMAO:

We're talking about "captive customers" here, and a good example is what's happening with DAZ and the developers who use it. Many complain about video card problems, frequent crashes but ....
Thankfully not.
Regarding the comparison, I wasn't the one making it, Bane was. I was just trying to help out within that absurd comparison that he made, which you would know if you actually read the topic and not just look for things to throw shade.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Thankfully not.
Regarding the comparison, I wasn't the one making it, Bane was. I was just trying to help out within that absurd comparison that he made, which you would know if you actually read the topic and not just look for things to throw shade.
My pleasure :ROFLMAO:. But still, you misread the situation :unsure::cool:

• Angry
Reactions: Toushiro

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
View attachment 1554066

In his first statement, L&P said that we'll be seeing results IN the next update and he'll keep us informed, providing answers once he reaches a certain point in the update's development (whatever that's supposed to mean). This also apparently involves multiple other developers as it appears to be a task made for "them", yet this statement makes it sound like he himself is working on "something special".

In his second statement, everything previously mentioned is pretty much over board and we're basically left with a simple "more information AFTER the next update", which already is contradicting with his first statement, and it looks like we're not even getting a taste for this "special" something in the upcoming release, unlike what he had previously said.

It's just him throwing sand in everyone's eyes.

"I thought of something very special"
"for some very special task"
"i reached out to other special devs"
"this special plan"
"upcoming update"
"believe me"
"just have a little bit of trust"
"you'll see this next update"
"upcoming update"
"I'll tell you after the update"

1st, I finally understand why he takes so long in the P&T part.
2nd, he puts more effort into trying to write eloquent posts insulting f95 members than telling his patrons what's up.
3rd, he's, for some reason, still undecided on when will the patrons be able to see this specialness.
And finally, who needs to ask people to believe in them/have trust/faith in them? People who know they lost that trust because of a history of not doing what they say they do. Very telling.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
It's just him throwing sand in everyone's eyes.

"I thought of something very special"
"for some very special task"
"i reached out to other special devs"
"this special plan"
"upcoming update"
"believe me"
"just have a little bit of trust"
"you'll see this next update"
"upcoming update"
"I'll tell you after the update"

1st, I finally understand why he takes so long in the P&T part.
2nd, he puts more effort into trying to write eloquent posts insulting f95 members than telling his patrons what's up.
3rd, he's, for some reason, still undecided on when will the patrons be able to see this specialness.
And finally, who needs to ask people to believe in them/have trust/faith in them? People who know they lost that trust because of a history of not doing what they say they do. Very telling.
It's like he's been watching youtube clips on effective corporate spin - how to promise the future and never deliver.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Please, a little patience. ;) Maybe L&P will create 1000 renderings of Dylan and Sophia as input for GPT-3 and ask it to generate the following scenes (y)
Well, I’d obviously prefer Ellie and Sophia, but I’m an open minded consumer and not predisposed to complaining.

I’m only commenting on the tone and how lacking in detail the communication is - working for a better tomorrow and all that, but it’s always tomorrow and never today. Reads like corporate propaganda.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes