DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
i agree with you at the "blackmail" part. it feels for me that the dev would make more kind of like bm stuff but isn't sure how far he can go without getting banned on patreon is why he allways steppes away fast from that idea. but its just a speculation. no front, man :) keep on going
You can’t get “this” game on Patreon. It’s a different name “decisions of life” and it’s a pg13 version of this game, with no taboos like incest and shota

MoyaPsy

Dec 13, 2021
For starters you cannot tell people what to think or post as long as it does not violate ToS. Also, if you don't like it ignore it. Otherwise grow up.
Not trying to shut anyone down. This is a free world. Everyone is allowed to say what they want. But one can also reason with what is said. And screaming at your mom "Where is my ice cream, where is my ice cream?" did in no cases make her go bring your ice cream faster. All I am saying here.
And mocking me being new here in this forum, ViperDonkey. How does that give you any leverage on how long I will stay here or on how strange I am? Did you come to this forum at one time for the first time? What would have been the reason for someone else pointing out that time that you were new? I don't get it. I've read many posts of you on this. Many of which were very entertaining.

I came here because AWAM I just recently found this rabbit hole of visual novels which I cannot get enough of. Probably happened to other people not only with this rabbit hole but oh so many things we spend our time with. AWAM was only the second game I've played and so I wanted to see if people discuss about it only to find this toxic thread with mostly: "When new update?" "Too slow" "Dev needs this and that in order to make him faster, better, wiser". Ugh hurts so much. And as much I would like to follow your guys' advise to just look away. I always and everywhere try to make it better and therefore cannot look away but rather talk about it. My freedom as well to discuss it in a healthy way. Isn't it?

Moya

Last edited:

pcaf

Dec 3, 2019
screaming at your mom "Where is my ice cream, where is my ice cream?" did in no cases make her go bring your ice cream faster.

Moya
The situation here is more like the mom is saying "be patient dear, you'll get your ice cream 40 years from now."
So naturally people are questioning whether or not the mother sincerely intend to get her child the ice cream or does she even understand that it makes no sense to make such promise.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Can all fans of blackmail just go fuck themselves? Too many games have been ruined by that.
Anyway that wont happen in this game thankfully.
Peter Pan, the boy who never grew up. What are you doing here? AWAM's blackmail storylines are the best part these days. Things happen, however slowly. I'm certainly not here for the incest. [Anyway, if you ever do mature sufficiently, you'll learn that fucking yourself is a physical impossibility, so nobody will be taking your advice]. If you play a game you feel has been ruined by blackmail, my advice is to 1) stop playing & 2) play something else. Give my regards to Captain Hook & Mr. Smee.

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
Not trying to shut anyone down. This is a free world. Everyone is allowed to say what they want. But one can also reason with what is said. And screaming at your mom "Where is my ice cream, where is my ice cream?" did in no cases make her go bring your ice cream faster. All I am saying here.
And mocking me being new here in this forum, ViperDonkey. How does that give you any leverage on how long I will stay here or on how strange I am? Did you come to this forum at one time for the first time? What would have been the reason for someone else pointing out that time that you were new? I don't get it. I've read many posts of you on this. Many of which were very entertaining.

I came here because AWAM I just recently found this rabbit hole of visual novels which I cannot get enough of. Probably happened to other people not only with this rabbit hole but oh so many things we spend our time with. AWAM was only the second game I've played and so I wanted to see if people discuss about it only to find this toxic thread with mostly: "When new update?" "Too slow" "Dev needs this and that in order to make him faster, better, wiser". Ugh hurts so much. And as much I would like to follow your guys' advise to just look away. I always and everywhere try to make it better and therefore cannot look away but rather talk about it. My freedom as well to discuss it in a healthy way. Isn't it?

Moya
Welcome Moya. Of course you are entitled to comment as you wish and make your point.
But regards AWAM. You may not be aware but contributors on this platform and Patreon are voicing their opinions because of the infinite succession of unreliable and dishonoured deadlines, like the current one. This, together with numerous failed attempts and new initiatives to remedy it (and we're talking years, not months). They like the game very much and admire the dev for his talent and imagination, but this is rather like offering candy to a kid and taking it away. Only time and time...and time again. So people feel let down and wonder what the future holds for this game.
I'm sure most will applaud the new update when it arrives, so keep the faith!
Simple as that.

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
Starting to worry about the old guys at the retirement home, going to be ages before L&P cycles back around to them, they might die before then. :D
They're not the only ones, trust me.
But for the old guys in the retirement home, maybe a blessing in disguise. Don'cha think there's something a bit weird about this thread and we can loose this one?

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
Peter Pan, the boy who never grew up. What are you doing here? AWAM's blackmail storylines are the best part these days. Things happen, however slowly. I'm certainly not here for the incest. [Anyway, if you ever do mature sufficiently, you'll learn that fucking yourself is a physical impossibility, so nobody will be taking your advice]. If you play a game you feel has been ruined by blackmail, my advice is to 1) stop playing & 2) play something else. Give my regards to Captain Hook & Mr. Smee.
Ouch!

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
They're not the only ones, trust me.
But for the old guys in the retirement home, maybe a blessing in disguise. Don'cha think there's something a bit weird about this thread and we can loose this one?
I've been advocating that the side jobs be dropped for years but of course there's no chance of that. Despite being an older person myself I just can't get into the caring for two elderly gents story, even tho' I'm playing it in preference to the other job. Anything's preferable to shota IMO, although we don't know what else might be in store.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
I've been advocating that the side jobs be dropped for years but of course there's no chance of that. Despite being an older person myself I just can't get into the caring for two elderly gents story, even tho' I'm playing it in preference to the other job. Anything's preferable to shota IMO, although we don't know what else might be in store.
Although I agree with you about removing the side jobs entirely, L&P will not do it. He already said they would not be removed in a Patreon post. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow tried to incorporate them into the main storyline.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

Moya
Welcome. This thread can get hella toxic, but right now it's actually pretty calm. At its worst it's nothing but a flame war. So welcome to F95's biggest and most contentious thread! :)

Many of us, myself included, came here for AWAM. All of us see the amazing potential of this game. Unfortunately, what you haven't experienced yet is the crushing disappointment that this game brings. This thread routinely has deep discussions of the story and characters, but in the end the discussion always comes back to the game's development. That may be frustrating to you as a new member, but I promise that there's good reason for it.

For the last 18 months, we have watched this game's development crumble and grind to a halt. This thread wasn't always so negative, but it's now dominated by negativity for one simple reason: none of us expect the game to be completed. Every discussion about the story and characters had that dark cloud hanging over it. Meanwhile the dev has burned every bridge with this community, which has only fostered resentment here. You're walking into a very difficult and complex thread. Speaking for myself, I'm not critical because I want to be a bitch, I'm critical because being positive ignores too many of the game's problems.

You won't find another thread like this one anywhere else on F95.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Welcome Moya. Of course you are entitled to comment as you wish and make your point.
But regards AWAM. You may not be aware but contributors on this platform and Patreon are voicing their opinions because of the infinite succession of unreliable and dishonoured deadlines, like the current one. This, together with numerous failed attempts and new initiatives to remedy it (and we're talking years, not months). They like the game very much and admire the dev for his talent and imagination, but this is rather like offering candy to a kid and taking it away. Only time and time...and time again. So people feel let down and wonder what the future holds for this game.
I'm sure most will applaud the new update when it arrives, so keep the faith!
Simple as that.
This is very much what I was going to say. So you've saved me the bother. IMO nobody wants to shut down comments they don't agree with but there have been several cases of newcomers not appreciating a situation which they'll only understand after a few years of playing AWAM. I can see how this thread must appear to them.

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful pirate but I look back with a certain fondness to a time when a forthcoming update created a "buzz" of anticipation, as opposed to the interminable delays & semi-excuses we have now & have had for some considerable time past.

I fully comprehend those fans who say, "see you in 6 months, a year," or whatever. I'm thinking it might be a good idea.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
If one hour in mars is equivalent to 7 years in earth time then we will be dead even before the next update arrives. Your idea is not for faster updates. May be you should watch interstellar again. ;)
Mars and Earth don't have enough difference in gravity. 1 hour on Mars is equivalent to 1 hour on Earth.
Or just do what I do and just not play the blackmail route. If anything, I think there being blackmail in the game makes me more interested, because I like the possibility of Ellie sunbathing naked in the backyard, which takes refusing the blackmail and sending Dylan away to achieve.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021

Moya
For me I have Viper and Saber on ignore. They are just opposite sides of the same coin. I found it really cleaned the thread up. That is an option if someone is too toxic for you. I found both say the same thing over and over. I will say that Viper usually has some facts he just uses such venom I got tired of it. Now The big idea that you are new means maybe you should read more before your judge. Since you just got here I am sure you did not read the previous 4250 pages. If you do you will discover that the discussion is all over the place. Oh watch out for the pigeons.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
For me I have Viper and Saber on ignore. They are just opposite sides of the same coin. I found it really cleaned the thread up. That is an option if someone is too toxic for you. I found both say the same thing over and over. I will say that Viper usually has some facts he just uses such venom I got tired of it. Now The big idea that you are new means maybe you should read more before your judge. Since you just got here I am sure you did not read the previous 4250 pages. If you do you will discover that the discussion is all over the place. Oh watch out for the pigeons.
Those pigeons are "Toxic." ;)

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes