ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
L&P Can take 5 years for a single update if he wants.
Don't put ideas in his head! Although he may be working towards that goal already. L&P's patrons seem to be remarkably loyal & whatever he does is presumably OK by them. He's to be applauded for finding this way to be his own boss & it provides an interesting case study, as to what it would take before large numbers of paying supporters start to desert the ship that's not sunk but appears to have run aground.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
L&P Can take 5 years for a single update if he wants. We can moan and groan as much as we like, but it doesn't matter to him. The only voices that can change that are the people paying him money. If they start causing up a ruckus then perhaps he will change, but other than that I think he saw an opportunity on how to make a living without doing much work. He has a steady income which doesn't significantly drop from month to month. If he's smart he's even investing some of that money. At the end of the day he's treating this game/novel as a job. Why would he speed up a process if he doesn't have to? He's german after all, if he wanted to make an update in a month he would have done it.
First. your take on his ownership is absolutely correct.

Second, your racist comment about his ethnicity is absolutely wrong.

We only know that he lives in Germany not that he is German.

globsis

Jan 14, 2018
Then you are either God, or you have time machine.
Or I know something that you don't and a simple cost benefit analysis of that tells me that he would most definitely hold onto it for 2 years more, beyond which I can't predict.
The project will definitely not be closed tomorrow. :) I really want to see the sequel. I already agree to the text version :)

Reactions: Sabertooth__

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
L&P Can take 5 years for a single update if he wants. We can moan and groan as much as we like, but it doesn't matter to him. The only voices that can change that are the people paying him money. If they start causing up a ruckus then perhaps he will change, but other than that I think he saw an opportunity on how to make a living without doing much work. He has a steady income which doesn't significantly drop from month to month. If he's smart he's even investing some of that money. At the end of the day he's treating this game/novel as a job. Why would he speed up a process if he doesn't have to? He's german after all, if he wanted to make an update in a month he would have done it.
From my experience with Patreon(from 2014 till now) even that won't help.
There is a lot of patrons that are just giving money,no matter what will happen with the game.
Plenty of games on hold or even abandoned that continue to make thousands of dollars/euros.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
In the USA German people will be considered white so you can't be racist towards white males.
There are many ethnicities in Germany. There are nearly 5 million Turks living in Germany, an unknown # of Syrians, Iraqi's. etc..., And yes many Africans from many countries. What is L&P? Hmmmm, I would say we have no clue. Which is what you just showed of yourself.

Reactions: Jack Adams

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
From my experience with Patreon(from 2014 till now) even that won't help.
There is a lot of patrons that are just giving money,no matter what will happen with the game.
Plenty of games on hold or even abandoned that continue to make thousands of dollars/euros.
If I remember correctly Milfy City went for 2 years before the abandoned tag here. Does anyone know if he is still getting pay from patrons?

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes