DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
l&p is doing a great gob by creating one of the best adult games ever
if it was not the case we would not be here waiting for the updates or even predicting a scene just by looking at the teaser
we love this game we love the characters
so have some patience
appreciate the work he is doing
or u can just look for other games to play if you are not satisfied by it
by talking bad or criticizing his work wont make any difference
we are all playing it for free getting all the teasers for free here
so stop spreading the bs that he is only in for money
You said”so stop spreading the bs that he is only in for money”
Well other devs out there suspend their subscription month prices when they are late on delivering updates, not this guy & most of us are former subscribers to him (myself included)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Well other devs out there suspend their subscription month prices when they are late on delivering updates, not this guy & most of us are former subscribers to him (myself included)
TBF not a lot of devs do this. And honestly they don't have to, you can unsub for a month or more if you're not happy

lupogba6

Sep 6, 2021
l&p never gave the release date of the update so how is he late ?

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
My friend, think about the meaning of what you wrote yourself!
If he is obliged to refuse money in case of delays or delays in the provision of his product, then all of us are equally obliged to stop receiving his product from the moment we unsubscribe and stop paying him.

But you understand perfectly well without me that the number of people who receive his product for free is many times higher than the number of those who pay him!

That is why your statement is devoid of common sense and the fact that someone else does it does not matter. This is a voluntary choice of the developer and based on different personal qualities and working conditions, everyone determines their own rules.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Damn, Dylan is trying so hard for Sophia... but that bitch is going to let him in with the last of the guys... she's a dumb ungrateful bitch... huh bro?
Sophia is in no way a "dumb ungrateful bitch". Dylan is just putting effort into something that is understandably difficult, so of course his progress will be slow. But that's his choice. Same as it is for the players choosing to play his route.

Presumably (since I don't play the route - it's too slow for me to find enjoyable), those that play the route are just hoping that the (what is looking like a) 20-odd year wait to get there will be worth it. Assuming of course that the game actually gets there

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019

It would be nice if people would read my posts here where I tried to explain everything. One more time: it doesn't depend just on me alone this update. If it would, I would be already finished! There will be a new step from the new update on, so Part 2, for what I had to do a lot of organization things. You can tell me after the update is out if it was worth it or not! Until then, I ask for a little bit of patience.
I guess the new guy is taking care of the bonus event.
I mean, it has to be right ?

When l&p say that if it was him, it should already be done, it must be something that really good at.

In many of is previous post he has always been proud of his renders. Talking about how detailed they are, the lighting, the pose of characters in the environnement, etc compared to 99% of other v.n out there. And rightfully so.

It can't be the translation.
He's neither good or fast at it .
Sure it's better than many v.n out there, it's understandable, and you can tell that he put some effort into it, but he's not a fluent english speaker.
To use an image, it's like eating a chocolate cake and in the middle of it you stumble upon some fish bones .
Sure, most of it is edeable and it's better than shit but it's not flawless either, far from it.

Then we have the writting, storytelling.
I know that many people are satisfied with those aspects of the v.n, but it only remind me of myself when I was in highschool.

Sometimes, in literary class, I would write an essay and be very proud of myself for the "great ideas" I put in .
The teacher gave a good grade? Well of course, that's some quality shit I put in there...
The teacher gave me a bad grade? That's because he can't appreciate my genius.
He's obviously dumb and doesn't like me.

Fast forward many years later, I read some of those essay with bad grade and I'm like:
"What the fuck is this shit, it's so bad"

It's not that my ideas where bad, it's how they where communicated. I, at time, couldn't even understand what my point was because it was so poorly presented. (A little bit like this post:p).

Some people have speculate about some animation.
I hope it's not that. Because if the guy is doing long and good animation, you don't talk about how if it was you, it would already done.
Especially when your animations have, had best, consisted of a one second loop, at worst, a one second loop only composed of three frame...

What did he say in one of his previous post ? That we would see the effect of what he's been doing in this update but more so in the next one?
Well that match more or less with what is happening.
The new guy seemingly started working halfway through the update, has to accommodate with l&p working style so of course it would take some time.
But if by the next one the new guy start from working on his scene, event or what ever then we could see improvement in the speed departement.

Or maybe, I'm completly of the mark.
Yes, the new guy is working on the bonus event and it will be....... in V.R!
This will be a test for a "new branch for the game" as he said and by the next update, every event will be V.R compatible.

We would quite literary be in the game, living it through the eyes of Sophia in a first person perspective. Amazing!
Can't wait for her first blowjob scene....

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I don't think it's a coincidence at all, but I also think it was part of a larger trend. It's something that I've been thinking about a lot lately, and it's probably worth its own thread, but I think there are a few related issues:

1. The maturation of the Patreon economy- Patreon was a game changer for the AVG industry and allows for more adult games to be developed than ever before. Patreon opened the industry to a vast number of new developers with new ideas. Some of the earlier adopters have now been on the platform for 4+ years, and we've seen how their support has grown and matured. Most of the devs that have survived this long are no long concerned with the monthly fluctuations in their support, and many can rely on steady growth.

2. COVID Pressure Chamber- The AVG industry saw an explosion in growth with the onset of the pandemic and world-wide shutdowns. F95 itself saw membership balloon immediately following the start of the pandemic in March 2020. That brought a lot of new consumers into the market at the same time that devs were also locked in their homes with nothing else to do but work on their games. But that growth can be a double edge sword, and I think it brought a lot of new people into the market with different/higher expectations than those that had been in the market before.

3. Burnout- Even without COVID, I think there is evidence that after four years many creators on Patreon begin to suffer from burnout. I haven't done a scientific study on this, but anecdotally it seems to me that we can expect a major slow down of new content from games beginning in the third or fourth year. Many/most of the devs are amateurs with little to no experience producing games, and I think they struggle with planning. After initial success and momentum wears off, these devs are left with increasingly complex games that they have difficulty managing. This was made many times worse with the COVID Pressure Chamber effect. Devs who probably would have experienced some level of burnout anyways have spent the last two years getting the crapped kicked out of them. An onslaught of new consumers to the market (some pirates and some patrons) has raised the stress level higher and faster than many devs were prepared for.

4. Amateur Hour- As I said, many devs are new to creating adult games, and I don't think many of them did a good job of planning for the future. They had good concepts and worked hard, and that carried them for a long time, but they got into the market a year or two before COVID when Patreon was just beginning to take off. Because of their inexperience and lack of planning, they were probably always doomed to run into trouble by 2021. But because of COVID, with more eyes than ever on their games, the attention they get far exceeds what they could have expected in January of 2020. Back then if a game's development stalled and eventually died, there were relatively few people who would notice. Now some of these games have huge audiences, but they're still developed by a regular guy who is in way over their head.

When L&P set out to make AWAM, I think he correctly identified a gap in the market. High quality games with good stories are still hard to find, and in 2018 they were probably extremely rare. This whole time I suspect that he's been working off a set of expectations he formed back then, but I don't think he EVER accounted for his game being this popular and for consumers with these expectations. I can't prove this, but since the market has grown so much over the last couple of years, I wonder if the average player expects a higher level of professionalism from devs than the average player did in 2019. From what I've seen from other long running games, it seems like everything started off really small and with an engaged community that was more laid. But growth has brought less patience and more critical analysis. Some of that is bad (UPDATE WHEN? HAS SON FUCKED MOM YET?!), but some criticism is good because it reflects a maturing market and high levels of engagement.

ooookkkkk, this post went off the rails. I'm going to stop myself there, but yes, I do think there is a relationship between COVID and devs struggling to produce new content. I think the whole AVG industry is at a crossroads and L&P is just one of many devs that will need to adapt.
Now that is what I call a thorough analysis. There is maybe one thing you left out which you didn't consider;
The sky rocketing in quality. Thanks to DPC, Dark Blue, TLGGAMES, Ocean Lab, NLT Media, Perveteer, Eva Kiss, Zetan, FoZ, MagicNuts, Mirthal, PhlillyGames, Motkeyz etc. and some other devs(new ones, and not so new ones) it does not suffice anymore to do games with just godly renders having 0 story and shitty "engrish". Nope. Many devs(mostly the russian "great render shite story milking devs") simply lost to the new wave of quality AAA AVGs. So not only that there are more consumers, but their needs leveled up as well, thanks to the huge rise in quality on the "supply" side. If someone tries to enter the market there is a lot higher entry barrier than before the Covid era. In a way most mentioned devs simply stepped their games up, showed huge progress from game to game(the not so new ones), so in a way, while many games die and devs quit, truly good ones only get better and better driving each other to unprecedented heights. So to sum it up: quantity decreased while quality skyrocketed, entry barrier is way to high for most devs to stay alive if they are not committed enough. These are great times to live in as an AVG fan. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: xxxorro and hzjujk

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
With the growing number of new/fake/dummy profiles appearing lately in several threads, I wonder if there are any vacancies and if the salary is interesting... Oh, show me where to sign if there's also career progression. I'm really interested :HideThePain::FacePalm:
How do you recognize the dummy profiles? I also sometimes have a suspicion but I could never prove it.

Dragongear123

Aug 21, 2020
This is my first post here and I apologise for any grammer mistakes.

I've been following AWAM progression for probably 2 years now (not a patron...yet? ) , I love AWAM story and personally I'm a fan of the lesbian routes (incest included) not to discredit any of the other great routes the game showcases I just felt the build-up between Sophia and the supporting cast of women/interests more. Patricia and Ellie are standouts to me and their storylines interest me the most (can't wait till PD 15 and more shower/ellie events). I know there is always a lot of talk about the development cycles on here and what not, but personally i don't care about how long it takes for updates to come out, I'm more of a quality over quantity kinda person. I hope L&P gets to complete his game however long that may take.

I know this wasn't much of anything but I just wanted to give my brief thoughts, this might be my only post on here,but I wish everyone on here the best of luck.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
We would quite literary be in the game, living it through the eyes of Sophia in a first person perspective. Amazing!
Can't wait for her first blowjob scene....
Oh yes, with such an event, his critics would surely be speechless. Back and forth conscience of the unique idea and the quality of the animation, annoyed by the long development time and disgusted by the head cinema that is initiated by the animation. Except for GingerSweetGirl, perhaps. :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: Leldorin
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes