Jan 5, 2022
You said”so stop spreading the bs that he is only in for money”
Well other devs out there suspend their subscription month prices when they are late on delivering updates, not this guy & most of us are former subscribers to him (myself included)
Honestly, I don't think devs have to suspend their subscritpion prices when they couldn't deliver the update on time. While I appreciate their efforts I also feel it is unnecessary since most of those who subscribe will atleast know the nature of development and the kind of developer that they are gonna support to before sigining up. So if I were a patron to a developer who couldn't deliver it on time, I'd expect a honest post from them about the delay and if I don't like that then I will surely unsubscribe my support. More over its not like they are not working that month when they don't charge us. Unfortunately, L&P is not very open about his process which is a major reason why I don't support him.

Anyways, most of L&P's critics use to compare his work with some other devs but this comparision about the whole dev should suspend his subscription amount if the update is delayed sounds very unfair to me. It is their own choice and if you have a problem with it you know what to do. ;)

Man, now this sounds like I'm trying to support the whole delay in the development of a update thing so I guess what I wanna say is as long as devs don't deliberately delay the updates like DF's GF(you know what it is) I'm ok with it.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
How do you recognize the dummy profiles? I also sometimes have a suspicion but I could never prove it.
Too easy. Most of them (not all) are accounts that were created a few years ago, but have 0 post + 0 likes. Their first post is always, ALWAYS TARGETED to either white knight a Dev, to Troll, to ask for an update, to ask for a save or to impose somekind of subjective idea/perception. They are many other examples, but the thing is their first post is something never done randomly.

Edit : here a perfect example ;)

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
You make a good set of well thought out and a readable points. Here's a few of mine, to summarise and add.

1. Lack of planning and burnout. Anyone with a simple business head knows that expansion in most enterprises requires delegation. In disregarding his supporters, L&P has been very lethargic in this area, almost as if he were afraid to take on help. There's a difference in being cautious and downright stubborn.

2. Customer Inertia. AWAM has accumulated and maintained Patreon support because once customers have set up an account, those with available capitol are reluctant to pause, or even edit subscriptions for fear of rocking the boat, damaging, or disengaging in a product they admire. The dev has therefor become complacent in seeing steady growth in a niche market without any noticeable downturn fluctuation.

3. Spreading the Word. Many devs, including L&P have failed to understand that forums like these, and to an extent (partial) piracy of their product produces balance sheet rewards by way of publicity and reaching out. In effect, they have tried to shut down other platforms or been highly critical while not recognising the benefits of good solid advertising without capitol outlay.

4. Adapting. You are correct in saying devs need to adapt. The trend is for games like AWAM to ride on success then suddenly implode. He's onto a good thing, let's be optimistic in hoping L&P continues to adapt, stays within ToS, most importantly embraces and responds to the positive criticism pouring in.
You last point is in error. He is not with Patreons ToS. He violates it in two ways both that can get him kicked. 1 he hides his game by offering an edited version on Patreon and not the primary version. 2 he violates their ToS with the 2nd side job and the other underage/incest paths. We have discussed this before. If he were to be proactive he would be pushing Subscribestar to his patrons with every mail he puts out to them. Once he has sufficient transition he can kiss Patreon goodbye. Once again it requires effort and management skills. DOH. Yeah I think he avoided these lines when he was born.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
l&p is doing a great gob by creating one of the best adult games ever
if it was not the case we would not be here waiting for the updates or even predicting a scene just by looking at the teaser
we love this game we love the characters
so have some patience
appreciate the work he is doing
or u can just look for other games to play if you are not satisfied by it
by talking bad or criticizing his work wont make any difference
we are all playing it for free getting all the teasers for free here
so stop spreading the bs that he is only in for money
Another newbie with zero clue of the scenario. See you in 42.5 years +. Yeah that is the current time to completion if all goes well.

Reactions: SubtleHustle

bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
Honestly, I don't think devs have to suspend their subscritpion prices when they couldn't deliver the update on time. While I appreciate their efforts I also feel it is unnecessary since most of those who subscribe will atleast know the nature of development and the kind of developer that they are gonna support to before sigining up. So if I were a patron to a developer who couldn't deliver it on time, I'd expect a honest post from them about the delay and if I don't like that then I will surely unsubscribe my support. More over its not like they are not working that month when they don't charge us. Unfortunately, L&P is not very open about his process which is a major reason why I don't support him.

Anyways, most of L&P's critics use to compare his work with some other devs but this comparision about the whole dev should suspend his subscription amount if the update is delayed sounds very unfair to me. It is their own choice and if you have a problem with it you know what to do. ;)

Man, now this sounds like I'm trying to support the whole delay in the development of a update thing so I guess what I wanna say is as long as devs don't deliberately delay the updates like DF's GF(you know what it is) I'm ok with it.
what is he doing right now on purpose delay. if he continues like this, the game day lasts 2,5 years, then it may be that he gives up the game . even sabertooth has said in the next 2,5 years he might give up. then game day 13 will be over.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
true
but its us who are criticizing his work
while getting the game for free
so it is BS :WeSmart:
You show your total lack of comprehension what is the point of the discussion. You fail miserably at mathematics and the probability that the game will be abandoned. I recommend you read the last 100 pages (Not all 4265 pages) before you comment on other posters points. Your lack of understanding is... disappointing.:devilish:

Last edited:
Reactions: ancienregimele

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
You said”so stop spreading the bs that he is only in for money”
Well other devs out there suspend their subscription month prices when they are late on delivering updates, not this guy & most of us are former subscribers to him (myself included)
Orb Origin suspended his accounts every time he stopped producing, Cheeky Gimp and team did same.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
My friend, think about the meaning of what you wrote yourself!
If he is obliged to refuse money in case of delays or delays in the provision of his product, then all of us are equally obliged to stop receiving his product from the moment we unsubscribe and stop paying him.

But you understand perfectly well without me that the number of people who receive his product for free is many times higher than the number of those who pay him!

That is why your statement is devoid of common sense and the fact that someone else does it does not matter. This is a voluntary choice of the developer and based on different personal qualities and working conditions, everyone determines their own rules.
Apples and Oranges Bane71. The point was the relationship of the Dev to their patrons. Those devs also chat (ON THIS SITE) freely and openly with the community. They clearly state why they are delaying the production and make their own decision on suspending payments. They also work hard to manage the time and are at least in the same month for a release as they predicted. Has L&P ever had a chat on this site where he was not ranting where he was not accusing? Has he ever honestly stated the problems and why he has a delay with a best guess at a solution or is it always "Something special" "Be patient you will love it" BS. The point was the COURTESY of the other devs to their audience. Not that they are beholden to doing what they do. They make their own decision. L&P makes his own decisions. We are all fully aware of that.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Sophia is in no way a "dumb ungrateful bitch". Dylan is just putting effort into something that is understandably difficult, so of course his progress will be slow. But that's his choice. Same as it is for the players choosing to play his route.

Presumably (since I don't play the route - it's too slow for me to find enjoyable), those that play the route are just hoping that the (what is looking like a) 20-odd year wait to get there will be worth it. Assuming of course that the game actually gets there
Is that an assumption or a pipe dream?

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
My friend, think about the meaning of what you wrote yourself!
If he is obliged to refuse money in case of delays or delays in the provision of his product, then all of us are equally obliged to stop receiving his product from the moment we unsubscribe and stop paying him.
This is not a valid syllogism at all, Bane71.

If something is expected to take two months (end of January, L&P’s words) and it ends up taking longer than that, a subscriber would not be unreasonable to think, having paid at the end of November and the end of December, they should not have to pay for January as this is, in essence, a 50% surcharge.

Most of us understand that Patreon isn’t literally that transactional, but it’s easy to see why the sentiment exists and it’s baffling to me that you think it can be dismissed with flawed logic.

lupogba6

Sep 6, 2021
ok
he was not able to finish it on time
because he got busy in hiring other persons for this project
as he already cleared that
we will see the difference in coming updates after this one
and he continuously asks us to be patient for this update
as it will be worth it
so whats wrong in waiting for 1-3 more weeks
he is hiring more just to get updates sooner
i trust the guy
and i really believe updates will come sooner after this one

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Orb Origin suspended his accounts every time he stopped producing, Cheeky Gimp and team did same.
Personally I feel bad when a creator I support pauses his income. If I thought he was undeserving of my support, I would just unsubscribe myself, and maybe come back later. Unless it's because they won't work at all on the game due to RL job or another RL situation (if they communicate well)

bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
ok
as it will be worth it
i trust the guy
dream on

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
ok
as it will be worth it
i trust the guy
GTFO...
смех-дедсмеёться.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SimonRug and RCC14

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
ok
as it will be worth it
i trust the guy
That they trust the developer distinguishes them and brands them in the eyes of many here. You can't argue that L&P is not far behind its own schedule. You can't argue against the fact that L&P has a huge problem with calmly dealing with his critics, he even has a problem with finding the right language with his fans. For you as a player the glass is half full for many others here in this forum the glass is always half empty. It has been that way for the past 4 years and will always be that way. Here is essentially a religious war in which you have now chosen the side with their contribution. They will have to resign themselves to ridicule and scorn for their contributions to reap, because the contributions of the critics just also describe part of the truth. And because it is an emotional discussion, it is difficult for both sides to refrain from personal insults. I do not exclude myself from this procedure, as much as I would like to avoid it.
Only for them, as a personal statement - for me the glass is still half full!

Reactions: roro
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes