BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
It's finallly february so new teaser is coming this first week so he can pull some more money from patrons.

What it looks like, from this thread and from the patron page, is that people are finally waking up.
Pair unhappy people with the bs he's pulling on patron and we all know how this will end up. It's a shame but can't say it's undeserved.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
He's shown time & again that he'll never relinquish control of the writing. Renders are great, (otherwise most of us wouldn't be here). Writing varies from bad to very good IMO, so on average is more than acceptable. Like yourself & several others I am very disappointed with the way this VN is heading. There's virtually no chance of any characters being written out, or storylines dropped, or even just wrapped up in the near future. Speed of delivery....no point in talking about this anymore. It's now just a case of hanging on while it lasts.
For AWAM it is unfortunate that we are both right on our arguments! I do not know how L&P cannot see this, that his glacial workspeed will derail everything in the end. and a great eroge will slip into oblivion, just because it´s Dev is thinskinned, hotheaded and completely unable to see that he torpedoes his own great work with how he works.

Dec 10, 2021
Is L&P milking his patrons?

No. He could earn more money with updates in shorter times (lower quality) and with more lewd scenes, but that would change his vision of the game. The most of the games with such popularity have more than 3000 patrons.[/SPOILER]
According to your logic, I can attract patrons with initial part of my story and collect their money for long time while delaying the end of the story (i.e., sex) as much as possible. If a patron accuses me of milking, I can shut him up by telling what you just said. How sweet it will be!! :devilish:

Like many other evils, milking can have different forms. He has been financially well-supported for what he loves to do. But he didn't make sufficient effort for the end goal of his work that his supporters want him to do. He looked at best pretentious in that department for the last 4 and half years. Above all, he seems to think that he is not accountable for consequences of his decisions. In the end, its final result will be the same as that from milking. So I disagree with your opinion.

Jun 27, 2021
The thing is, I am not being negative to be grumpy or kicking L&P´s mental dog, but because L&P is squandering a really great premise and his art with erratic work(ethic)! Squandering because he is unable to stick even halfway to a schedule. AWAM has big potential and really nice art, but in the end that is for tilt, if he cannot, as he evidences it month for month, year for year, deliver updates and the game in a timely fashion.
We are looking towards unsustainable decades of development with his current speed! I am angry at him as being an author myself too, because I can see his talent and I see which direction the train is taking because L&P sucks at developing AWAM with something approaching functioning work schedules. This game will crash 100% if L&P does not radically change course with his work speed. And that would be a shame, because among eroges, his game is one of the better ones with potential.
But we will never see it fully, because L&P´s main flaws are his thin-skinned hotheadedness and his abyssal work scheduling and speed!
Reminds me of the F35 jet development programme!

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Above all, he seems to think that he is not accountable for consequences of his decisions. In the end, its final result will be the same as that from milking.
That's the root of the problem. He's really only accountable to himself, because he has a sufficient core of paying patrons who appear to be content with ever-decreasing speed, sudden self-imposed distractions, confusing messages & most recently the clear indication that he values the high-end payers more than the rest because of their 'greater loyalty'.

He doesn't need to do more....so he doesn't. It's close to brilliant. I almost admire him for having created this magical niche for himself.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I think what L&P means when he says it won't affect the story by having it removed is if you don't send Dylan away Sophia would never have learnt of the twist and the Dylan path moves on, if you do send him away she leaves him at the school as punishment for the twist and removes him from the story almost all together almost the same as no twist but she leaves him there for protection instead.

I think it's your dislike of Dylan and personal head canon that won't let you accept that the twist is gone.
I don't dislike Dylan, I just find his route to be a bore. I've said time and time again that if there was an event that looked interesting enough, I'd possibly reconsider my stance on not playing it. But take Dylan's last event as an example, from what I've seen it's just a rehash of the Patricia scene in the park on PD 5. And Patricia has the advantage of being hot and hilarious.

On the Dylan route, it doesn't help that it's actually Aiden I don't like (well, blackmail in general really). But to continue the route you need to accept his tasks. And if you do send Dylan away, there's a chance of more naked Ellie. And I'd rather see boobs and pussy than dick. Plus Dylan goes to a better school on the boarding school route. One without Bennett, who is just there to sleaze on hot teachers, and because it's a job he can put no effort into.

Also, my reason for wanting to keep the Twist wasn't because it made Dylan look bad, but because I saw great potential for some real character growth, much like we're seeing with Ellie at the moment, actually having a caring relationship with Jules, as opposed to her boyfriends that she discards when they no longer serve her purpose. Yeah, Dylan might have fucked up, but a character struggling to overcome past mistakes is one of my favourite storylines. He might not actually achieve redemption per se, but it would have been great to see him try, and I would have respected him for that.
It doesn't matter if you send Dylan and Zac to boarding school or not. The Twist would be in play because it was the driving force behind the story and in the indirect cause of blackmail by Aiden. We learn of the reason behind it by taking an alternate path. This is why if you want to know the full story, you have to play all the paths and not lock out one because hints and answers are found in other parts of the path.

If you choose not to play all the paths, you're missing critical elements of the overall story.

The manner of how Dylan is acting and the conversation between Sophia and Alyssa in the cafe make absolutely no sense. I said it once, and I'll repeat it; just because you remove one piece of the story because your audience has an adverse reaction to it doesn't mean the story can carry on if you remove one part of that story. He should have gone back and reviewed the storyline after eliminating that piece of the story.
And it's that the story wasn't reworked that has me concerned that the Twist might still be in play. Now that the idea has been put into my head (thanks a fucking lot nexer :mad:), I just can't shake it, as much as I'd like to.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
The problem is that he started too big and too wide.
Instead of starting with a smaller game,complete the said game and gain some experience he decide from the start that he will make next Red Dead Redemption,The Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy VII in erotic games.
Not to mention he definitely don't follow his shedule and is constantly distracted.

There is one major flow in your thinking-There is no way to see all renders in one play.
Even if you are trying to follow all routes,inevitable you will close some.
Not to mention many people are shutting down alot of routes and some updates for them are simply empty.With the new update if you are not on Ayden and Morello's route,you probably will have less than 5 minutes content even if you read really,really,really slow.
And whose fault is that.
If you choose not to play any route except for Ellie route, that does not mean that he is not working during the time he is making other routes.
Hence you can't say he made 15 minutes content in 6 months. He made far more but you chose not to play it.

And yes can't see all the renders in one play through but if you reject a scene at any point, you hardly get any more renders for that scene and the scene is immediately wrapped. So basically you can play almost 95% of the update easily in a playthrough. And once again those renders that he makes is a necessity, it is work.

You can't brush it off saying that just because you don't play a route he isn't working.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
I don't dislike Dylan, I just find his route to be a bore. I've said time and time again that if there was an event that looked interesting enough, I'd possibly reconsider my stance on not playing it. But take Dylan's last event as an example, from what I've seen it's just a rehash of the Patricia scene in the park on PD 5. And Patricia has the advantage of being hot and hilarious.

On the Dylan route, it doesn't help that it's actually Aiden I don't like (well, blackmail in general really). But to continue the route you need to accept his tasks. And if you do send Dylan away, there's a chance of more naked Ellie. And I'd rather see boobs and pussy than dick. Plus Dylan goes to a better school on the boarding school route. One without Bennett, who is just there to sleaze on hot teachers, and because it's a job he can put no effort into.

Also, my reason for wanting to keep the Twist wasn't because it made Dylan look bad, but because I saw great potential for some real character growth, much like we're seeing with Ellie at the moment, actually having a caring relationship with Jules, as opposed to her boyfriends that she discards when they no longer serve her purpose. Yeah, Dylan might have fucked up, but a character struggling to overcome past mistakes is one of my favourite storylines. He might not actually achieve redemption per se, but it would have been great to see him try, and I would have respected him for that.
I don't know about the character growth with Dylan here because it painted a horrible picture of him setting up Sophia with Aiden and being indirectly responsible for the 12 tasks from Aiden. IMO, This is an ultimate betrayal because he set up Sophia, his own landlady; you thought I was going to say, Mom... LOL. so she can look and dress sexy again. Also, Dylan knew all about Aiden and his background before making this deal with him. So I don't know how any person could rebound from this plot and it was bad writing on top of that.

Here is "The Twist" for anyone that wants to read it. A BIG WARNING TO ALL DYLAN FANS.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And it's that the story wasn't reworked that has me concerned that the Twist might still be in play. Now that the idea has been put into my head (thanks a fucking lot nexer :mad:), I just can't shake it, as much as I'd like to.
It's possible that he may add The Twist back in the novel, or He probably thought the story could stand alone with the removal of the twist without reviewing the other parts that were tied into the twist and the hints.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
I don't know about the character growth with Dylan here because it painted a horrible picture of him setting up Sophia with Aiden and being indirectly responsible for the 12 tasks from Aiden. IMO, This is an ultimate betrayal because he set up Sophia, his own landlady; you thought I was going to say, Mom... LOL. so she can look and dress sexy again. Also, Dylan knew all about Aiden and his background before making this deal with him. So I don't know how any person could rebound from this plot and it was bad writing on top of that.

Here is "The Twist" for anyone that wants to read it. A BIG WARNING TO ALL DYLAN FANS.

It's possible that he may add The Twist back in the novel, or He probably thought the story could stand alone with the removal of the twist without reviewing the other parts that were tied into the twist and the hints.

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
... There's virtually no chance of any characters being written out, or storylines dropped, or even just wrapped up in the near future...
I agree with you the game is over-full with characters and storylines.

But to play Devil's advocate for a minute, he has almost definitely cut scenes out of the game to reduce development time.

There were definitely supposed to be more scene/scenes with Ivan the Mover by now, why else would he explain on day 1 that he does Handyman work just a few scenes before we're told that the master bathroom lock is broken - but then we just get a scene where Liam has fixed it while Sophia was out.

Also the pacing of the Bennett storyline feels way off. Their first out of school meeting is an introduction, second he lays his cards out and third is the deadline for her to give it up - no way that's how it was originally planned

I'm an L&P critic don't get me wrong, but I still think the slowing development is a result of pride, poor planning and a controlling nature as opposed to out and out manipulation or fraud.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

But to play Devil's advocate for a minute, he has almost definitely cut scenes out of the game to reduce development time.

There were definitely supposed to be more scene/scenes with Ivan the Mover by now, why else would he explain on day 1 that he does Handyman work just a few scenes before we're told that the master bathroom lock is broken - but then we just get a scene where Liam has fixed it while Sophia was out.

Also the pacing of the Bennett storyline feels way off. Their first out of school meeting is an introduction, second he lays his cards out and third is the deadline for her to give it up - no way that's how it was originally planned

I'm an L&P critic don't get me wrong, but I still think the slowing development is a result of pride, poor planning and a controlling nature as opposed to out and out manipulation or fraud.
He also introduced and then dropped the Coach Sophia storyline.

Jul 16, 2019
There's no doubt that his artwork is what keeps his novel afloat right now. And I'll even say some parts of his story aren't bad at all. IMO, Ellie and Sophia's (with some Patricia scenes) arc is currently good but could use some work. There were some parts in the story that may me go, huh? But it wasn't bad as it had a chronological sequence to it, and it made some sense due to the 30 PD he has to develop their relationship.

On the other hand, Sophia and Dylan need work ASAP. That story is terrible right now. And I don't even want to talk about the second side job and how it went from 0-80MPH in 2 seconds or 2 PDs. I don't even know what his thought process was on that.
That's why it's all about Sam. I woulda thought this anyway though, I'm a fan of the milf thing but not so much the mom-actual son dynamic.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021

I can totally agree with the last paragraph.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes