ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
They're a great team, and I enjoy their games, but let's not pretend their artwork is anywhere close to L&P's.

Now, the million dollar question: Is that a worthwhile trade off?

Personally, if they could give us 80% of the quality and only take 40% as long to do it, I'd take that tradeoff in a heartbeat.
I haven't played those games, but I think this game can only be finished with several devs working on it.

Reactions: Adolfo

blacklistc13

Apr 5, 2020
at the current rate only 10 days until it reaches100 percent twice. so february 16th.plus 3 weeks of translation. the update is coming close to mid-march.

I can't quite digest why does it take 3 weeks for translation in 21st century??

Can't Google translate do that?? Or it won't translate adult words??

Even in that case I could simply train a language model for him for conversion with all the data that he already has for conversion, it's just stupid if it's taking 3 weeks for language translation...

At the end I would say people who really want to solve the problem find ways to do that, that is if the dev really wanted to cut down on development time he could find hundreds of solutions...

Dec 29, 2021
For such long games you need a team for short updates to satisfy the addicted crowd. Otherwise, short stories would be better, which has its appeal in this art. :unsure:

Jozef Minge

Aug 28, 2017
That game is made by Inceton Games, his main patreon has more than 3000 patrons and he works with 21 employees.

They work in different projects at the same time. But just imagine at least the fourth part of them working in AWAM, maybe then we could see the game finished XD.
It's difficult to find someone who is very good at his work and to convince him to work FOR you. If I was that good, then I will make my own game. It is not good to depend of something or someone. Lets get a LC for example - great artwork, but now the dev must change everything. I'm not L&P defender, like I said before - I don't like how he is behave with his patrons.

Reactions: Bane71
Aug 27, 2020
If we checked the points table, it would probably feel like there is no benefit from the points. This is because the characters with the lowest points made the most progress in the story.:unsure::sneaky:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
where do you get this points system.
There is a heart symbol in the top right corner of the game screen and if you click on it you can see the characters' points.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
Other 'favourites' from when I used to interview up to 10 people per day were, "People tell me I work too hard," &/or "I get too involved".
These are flaws I would be highly wary of if I were interviewing candidates for a position. Of course it depends on the position, but in L&P's case he knows he a) doesn't actually HAVE to work alongside anyone and b) is not strictly accountable to anyone other than ToS. Not even accountable to Patrons it appears.

Reactions: ancienregimele

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020

Even in that case I could simply train a language model for him for conversion with all the data that he already has for conversion, it's just stupid if it's taking 3 weeks for language translation...

At the end I would say people who really want to solve the problem find ways to do that, that is if the dev really wanted to cut down on development time he could find hundreds of solutions...
Absolutely right!

Reactions: bayrischman

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017

If you had the finished German text you could pop that into google translate chunk by chunk, and get it translated very quickly using a simple copy and paste strategy. However, it would be noticeably a machine translation. Machines will not translate it as well as a human. Instead I think humans translate it word by word (alongside a machine translation if they didn't understand a word), and then polish it up nicely to appear more fluent in English, and they do a good job at that.

I think more than just "Translation" is happening right now.
They say "Programming" as well on the chart, but again more than programming and translation are happening now.

I think writing is actually happening right now as well. L&P Must be writing something, then his translator(s) must rewrite something... piece by piece. Writing at good quality can take a long time and everything needs to be written twice. Once by L&P and then a 2nd time by a translator.

Idioms change from language to language... So if a character says "It is like comparing apples to oranges." There is no direct saying for that in German. The closest would be "Comparing apples to pears".

That's an easy one... If it said: "To see radishes from below" you would need to understand that this means "Pushing up daises"... Sometimes you will get stuff like "Fat Head" getting translated and you would be like what the fuck does that mean? That just means a "Hangover"... When someone says "Hold your thumb!" they don't mean that... They mean "Cross your fingers!" When someone says "It's a sausage to me." They aren't talking about a sausage... they meant to say "It's all the same to me."

These "Literal Translations" are what needs to get smoothed out to fit English fluency.

Quality control processes take time. Sometimes you need to find just the right words for the job, and try to change the meaning as little as possible.

Could the process be sped up in some ways? Perhaps, but quality may suffer.

Then you gotta remember they are putting together 2 versions of the game not just 1. One is the Patreon safe one, and the other is the one with incest. So they are working on 2 games at the same time one game being a nerfed version of the other.

Then you need to do some bug testing and uploads.

So if they gave literal translation of "Programming & Translation" they would probably call it: "Writing, translating, rewriting, programming, bug testing and uploading" Which is more than just program / translate.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021

Absolutely right!
That is true if it is written. One of the reasons I contend (IMO) he has a rough outline, does the artwork, then writes the story. Ergo translation and story writing at the end of the production. Sell that to Hollywood!:LOL:

Reactions: BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

dubstepmj5

Aug 24, 2020
Can someone tell me how to add saved game file to the new version of the game? I just finished the game and I want to know how for the upcoming update?

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Can someone tell me how to add saved game file to the new version of the game? I just finished the game and I want to know how for the upcoming update?
If doing .150 then save and give it a name. If a prior version then just save. Is that what you are asking?

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Then you gotta remember they are putting together 2 versions of the game not just 1. One is the Patreon safe one, and the other is the one with incest. So they are working on 2 games at the same time one game being a nerfed version of the other.
Decisions of Life, or whatever the game is, is just some AWAM that has been cut, takes like 2 hours, at best, to do once you have AWAM done.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
That is true if it is written. One of the reasons I contend (IMO) he has a rough outline, does the artwork, then writes the story. Ergo translation and story writing at the end of the production. Sell that to Hollywood!:LOL:
In writing a scene even without translations you generaly don't have the "Full Dialogue" written to completion when the time comes to put into the game.

You are more often going to have it in "Red Text" prior with a loose idea of what you want in there.

Instead you will have a "General Purpose / Red Text" of the scene.

So you may have something like this instead of completed dialogue:

"Sophia wakes up. She thinks about some event from the night before. She goes and takes a quick shower, maybe a quick thought about showering with the daughter while in there and then she thinks about the task from Aiden maybe gets a little annoyed and angry. Time to get dressed to aidens specifications continuing with annoyed thoughts. Calmed a little Now at the school... Aiden is going to say something like a smartass and sophia will get a little angry again... Onto the next task..."

So it's like you kinda know what is supposed to go in there, but you don't have EXACTLY what is supposed to go in there.

Dialogue tends to come out better if it done this way after you have the renders than if you have it before. You can adapt a dialogue to be a little bit better of a fit onto the render being shown than in the reverse process.

If you have dialogue before renders you are more likely to get a mismatch.

Suppose two months ago Sophia was wearing "Pink Panties" in the dialogue, but in the rendering process a nice pair of "Blue Panties" was chosen over those because they looked better at the time for some reason. If you are using the older dialogues that came pre render you may have instance of it mentioning "Pink Panties" when they are clearly "Blue Panties"

You put your dialogue on after your renders the same way you put your shoes on after your socks.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Decisions of Life, or whatever the game is, is just some AWAM that has been cut, takes like 2 hours, at best, to do once you have AWAM done.
Need time to upload 3 versions of it. Win, Mac, and Android. That could add a whole day.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes